PDA

View Full Version : Overpowered Bears

Nightarcher
09-03-2010, 12:58 PM
(most bears will disagree with me)

As of the new Stat-driven-skill update, Bears have gotten far too overpowered in PVP. Why? Well, let me tell you.

1. They have extremely high armor. Yeah, that's fine on it's own, but just wait.

2. They have high buffed dodge. Wait, what? Big bulky bears dodging? Isn't that an Avian who should be doing the dodging?

3. Many of their skills stun, stopping movement so they can throw us around the map.

4. As of 1.4, their skills have gotten even more powerful. They debuff dodge and armor, and have insane DPS with their slashes, stomps, and not to mention, their actual weapon.

I will be accused of complaining. I will be told to deal with it. I don't have a problem with tanks in PVE, but PVP should be a more balanced between classes. I think tanks should have high armor in PVP, because they are tanks. I just think Tanking + significant dodge + the ability to KO extremely effectively is too much power for one class.

vulgarstrike
09-03-2010, 03:22 PM
PVP is unbalanced ATM, the devs said their priority is PvE. however, right now, archers are stronger than bears in PvP... bears are actually pretty terrible right now.

and Fryce, i really don't understand the point of your post

Nightarcher
09-04-2010, 01:18 AM
I'm afraid you guys haven't seen bears with shock lances in PVP then.

As an archer, it is practically impossible to beat them. Since archers rely on KO-s to win, we have to find the weak spot to unleash our barrage. However, It's 99.99%impossible to kill a tank with a perfect combo when they have ironblood and evasion on. And by the time it runs out, they've KO-ed us. The chances of surviving until that point are very low.

I'm not saying all bears are overpowered. I can beat many bears, and since the update, Bowbears and Intbears are weaker. However, a tanker with a shock lance that knows what he's doing in a fair fight will always win. So since in 1v1 they will almost always win, and they can tank multiple opponent pvpers... you get my drift. I just think that the maximum amount of potency any skilled tanker can achieve is overpowered.

PS- Archers have huge DPS and KOing ability but will most likely die if our combo misses. And often, missed combos are due to stomp/firestorm blasting us out of range while we're initiating our combo. Which is why, if you know what you're doing, you should have a good chance against an archer.

Raxie
09-04-2010, 02:56 AM
ok no offense but pure dex archers are the best race in pvp right now. you need to learn your combos better or something because pure archers can easily beat a tank. i can easily beat tanks with both pally or dex archer. practise pvp more.

CipherZero
09-09-2010, 02:14 AM
I dont know about pvp but I just started a bear only lvl 37 and stun is a must you cant even get to most the bad guys without stunning them killing a running monster is a pain as a bear where having a bow its easy to kill everything but I dont pvp so as long as pve stays the same I really dont care

cry
09-09-2010, 10:40 PM
I dunno about this but, Bear without lance dies even if he is more skilled than bear withlance =/

Nightarcher
09-09-2010, 11:21 PM
I know that bears without lances aren't very powerful and I can often kill them with my pure Dex Archer.

What I'm talking about it bears with a lance. It boosts their damage up, and I often find myself one-hit-KO-ed by them even when buffed for dodge. I don't mind a high Armor and DPS as much for the sake of balance as much as their overkill attacks that can kill in seconds. They take longer to kill, so they should kill slower than one-hit. That's balance.

Volksy
09-09-2010, 11:37 PM
I completely disagree. Dex birds are over powered lol

vulgarstrike
09-09-2010, 11:37 PM
tbh, pvp looks pretty balanced to me as of now, except for the pure dex birds

cry
09-10-2010, 12:05 AM
I know that bears without lances aren't very powerful and I can often kill them with my pure Dex Archer.

What I'm talking about it bears with a lance. It boosts their damage up, and I often find myself one-hit-KO-ed by them even when buffed for dodge. I don't mind a high Armor and DPS as much for the sake of balance as much as their overkill attacks that can kill in seconds. They take longer to kill, so they should kill slower than one-hit. That's
balance.

Depends res bears beats archer.

icantgetkills
09-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Yes since update birds are very overpowered but pvp will be fixed aventually

Rarefew
09-10-2010, 10:19 AM
yea i feel like becoming pure

cry
09-10-2010, 11:08 AM
I dunno, with lance now I have a chance against lone =)
Lance (OWN) Spear (GL pvping without a lance)
Archers IMO are not OP, neither are Bears. But maybe mages are a little UP.

gstarrr
09-18-2010, 09:08 AM
Blabla boooooring...
Look every race has its benefits and its weaknesses lol i can kill bears with my avian and my mage. I can kill avians with my bear and my mage. I can kill mages with my avian and my bear. -.- it doesnt rly matter what class u play, the way u play it and how familiar u are with it is what counts really.

If u find it hard as an avian to stay out of range from ursans get repulse shot ;) gives u time to regen if necessary and cooldown for another blast and such

Jsaieagle
09-22-2010, 06:50 AM

What I'm talking about it bears with a lance. It boosts their damage up, and I often find myself one-hit-KO-ed by them even when buffed for dodge. I don't mind a high Armor and DPS as much for the sake of balance as much as their overkill attacks that can kill in seconds. They take longer to kill, so they should kill slower than one-hit. That's balance.

I agree with you. Pure dex archer is now very good in pvp but when a tank with lance is ironblood and evasion on..... even using all the skills can't kill a tank!!! Bear can escape from root or ice-freeze... bears can keep you stun all over the fight.
I can kill those tanks don't have enough buffs very easily but I can never win a bear with all buffs on and of course with a lance!

And pure dex archer can't kill pally with all buffs on neither!!

Jsaiealge / Magejoe

King Richie
09-22-2010, 07:43 AM
PvP has been unbalanced from the beginning Get over it .... there never going to be able to fix it perfectly !!