PDA

View Full Version : Violentsaint's battlemage / paladin build (from lvl 40-45)

Violentsaint
09-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Hey guys im back with my pally guide to lvl 45. this guide is long overdue because i have put it off until the skill conversion update.

if you would like to view my lvl 30-35 build click here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?1597-VIOLENTSAINT-S-LVL-35-BATTLEMAGE-PALADIN-BUILD-(FROM-LVL-30-35)-cool)

If you would like to view my lvl 35-40 build click here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3332-Violentsaint-s-lvl-35-battlemage-paladin-build-(from-lvl-35-40))

lets get on with the show!

BASE ATTRIBUTES

142 str (to wear thoth gear)
2 dex
86 int (for spell damage and mana regen)

SKILLS

Heal 5
Lightning 5
Rez 1
Fire Storm 5
Ice Storm 2
Life Drain 5
Nightmere 5
Weakness 5
Mana Shield 1
Blessing of Vitality 5
Blessing of Might 5

GEAR

HELM - Mynas helm of thoth - lvl 45 - 138 str
8 int, 3% crit, 6M/s, 10 armor

WEAPON - Zuras shock lance - lvl 45, 142 str (use thoth weapon if u want mana regen)
127-159 damage, 1.0 speed, 9 Str, 7% Dodge, 3 Armor

ARMOR - Mynas plate of thoth - lvl 45 - 142 str
8 int, 3% crit, 6M/s, 65 Armor

SHEILD - Pharaohs sheild of thoth - lvl 45 - 142 str
8 int, 3% crit, 6M/s, 25 armor

STATS UNBUFFED ARE
str 151, dex 2, int 110, hit 92%, crit 16, dodge 7, health 276, health regen 3, mana 355, mana regen 20, damage 145-177, dps 161, armor 113

BUFFED!!!
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af172/violentsaint321/9ce3e41f.png

Hint: Next time you revive someone, check your stats, you will notice 1m/s extra for 12 seconds ;)

My Spell rotation: first use both blessings, then use weakness and nightmare, lightning and life drain, then finish off with ice storm and combo it with fire storm.

thankyou for reading my paladin guide to lvl 45 :)

jonboy
09-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Thanks, VS if I get my hands on a lance I'll try it out, what would a suitable spear substitute till them.

Violentsaint
09-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Thanks, VS if I get my hands on a lance I'll try it out, what would a suitable spear substitute till them.

d'jinn spear of thoth is perfect, its also has armor break proc so it accualy lowers your enemies armour.

jonboy
09-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Excellent, thanks, good guide once again. (devs any chance of a sticky)

Edit: should i have one skill point left unused.?

Violentsaint
09-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Excellent, thanks, good guide once again. (devs any chance of a sticky)

this guide was way behind schedule, mostly because the devs july roadmap was so behind schedule, the skill conversion update was planned for the 7th of july and it wasnt released until a few days ago.

jonboy
09-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Also why the lvl 40 shield and there skill point left over.

Raxie
09-03-2010, 10:02 PM
nice guide, violent! but is that a mistake from you; to say to have a level 40 thoth shield?

Violentsaint
09-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Also why the lvl 40 shield and there skill point left over.

ops soz i edited the stats of the shield but not the req and lvl (copy and pasted lvl 40 paladin guide layout and used it as template)

as for the leftover skill point... i donno what you mean? i dont have a leftover one... heres a screenshot as proof.

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af172/violentsaint321/eef2d2f7.jpg

you only end up with 44 skill points at lvl 45. because you dont start getting skill points till lvl 2.

jonboy
09-03-2010, 10:51 PM
You list weakness at 4 should be 5 then :)

Raxie
09-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Weakness 4
that is the problem.

Violentsaint
09-03-2010, 11:03 PM
You list weakness at 4 should be 5 then :)

lol thanks guys.. kinda did the guide in a hurry

magehot
09-04-2010, 01:35 AM
Thank you very much for your helful guides, following your instructions, here mine mage:

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx12/ovnovn/IMG_0009.jpg

Hope this is a proper battlemage build, further recommedations for battlemage build, please helps.

Violentsaint
09-04-2010, 07:55 AM
Your welcome dude. If you've followed my guide theirs nothin much else I can add. Except have fun and let me know if u have any questions ;)

magehot
09-04-2010, 08:15 AM
Your welcome dude. If you've followed my guide theirs nothin much else I can add. Except have fun and let me know if u have any questions ;)

But there a small difference, your str 156, mine mage: 149, the diff point go to int. Dont know this is better or not.

Violentsaint
09-04-2010, 09:41 AM
I'm buffed in my screenshot so I have +5 more strength then I usually do

As long as u have enough str to wear all the gear. Put all ur leftover points into int

Royce
09-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Sorry VS, but I totally disagree with your points in Int. I have tested it out, and a paladin is far more effective with secondary dex. The boost to skill damage from stat-driven skills for secondary Int is quite minor, and the 40-something mana and 2 M/s just isn't worth sacrificing Crit, Dodge, Hit%, Damage, etc. that you get from Dex.

KingFu
09-04-2010, 10:48 AM
IMO, the best way to do so is what Royce said. Go 142 Str, and rerst in dex. The Stat conversion isn't so huge for paladins, and with Thoth giving an Int boost. It should give enough if you really want Int, but it doesn't do a while lot. IMO, crit, hit, and dodge come in more handy then slightly stronger spells.

Raxie
09-04-2010, 03:49 PM
especially if you pvp, the extra dex is necessary. if you get debuffed your hit% will be like 70% and attacks won't always hit. but if you put the remaining stats into dex, i'm pretty sure your hit% will still be above 100%.
however, if this is a pve build then it's good.
edit: 500 posts ftw!

magehot
09-05-2010, 01:20 AM
Hopeless for str mage or pure mage, having to waiting until the next update, devs please adjust up mage power !!!!

magehot
09-05-2010, 01:54 AM
Hopeless for str mage or pure mage, having to waiting until the next update, devs please adjust up mage power !!!!

Going to deleting this character :-(

Royce
09-05-2010, 09:18 AM

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. If you mean PvP, paladins are still one of the top classes for that, and Int mages are better than they've been in PvP since the 35 cap. Anyway, the devs are looking for feedback on the stat-driven skills update, so you should provide your constructive feedback in the appropriate place if you want to see changes made.

jonboy
09-05-2010, 10:32 AM
It's a good build, but i went back to a str/dex build the extra damage wasn't worth the loss in hit and dodge.

Edit : I didn't have a lance to fully try the build

XghostzX
09-05-2010, 10:33 AM
nice i didnt realize instead of dex, you should put remaining points into int. makes attack much more powerful thanks. but i also find find it easier to put one skill point into ice blast because if you use all of your skills on one player, and another one comes by you need to run away (unless you want to go in tough) you will want to use ice blast. it covers more range than ice storm. so instead i took out one skill point from drain life because its one of those skills that kind of come in handy. In my opinoin though the shock lance will finish up the opponent. but the guide is great thanks saint.

Violentsaint
09-05-2010, 07:13 PM
especially if you pvp, the extra dex is necessary. if you get debuffed your hit% will be like 70% and attacks won't always hit. but if you put the remaining stats into dex, i'm pretty sure your hit% will still be above 100%.
however, if this is a pve build then it's good.
edit: 500 posts ftw!

Yer this is a pve guide. I probly should have mentioned that >_<

I completely agree dex would be better for pvp but I personaly think int is better for pve mostly because the extra int allows u to heal more with ur heal spell and do more damage with your aoe spells (which I tend to rely on alot more than my lance if there's multible mobs on me)

Royce
09-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Yer this is a pve guide. I probly should have mentioned that >_<

I completely agree dex would be better for pvp but I personaly think int is better for pve mostly because the extra int allows u to heal more with ur heal spell and do more damage with your aoe spells (which I tend to rely on alot more than my lance if there's multible mobs on me)

That's fine I guess for PvE, but I still think you'd be better off raising Dex enough to get 100% hit%. what's the point of slightly higher skill damage when they miss 1 out of 10 times?

Violentsaint
09-06-2010, 09:07 PM
That's fine I guess for PvE, but I still think you'd be better off raising Dex enough to get 100% hit%. what's the point of slightly higher skill damage when they miss 1 out of 10 times?

Yer that is true. Slightly frustrating poking a yeti in the elite dungeon with my shock lance and seing "miss miss miss" then I just get frustrated. Thank god I took ur advice Royce and put 5 points in weakness to decrease enemy dodge chance :)

MageeeeeeeXD
09-28-2010, 07:04 AM
Great guide, and awesome build! :D i followed your pally build since lvl 40 and i reckon this is the most effective build out there for enchantresses atm. However, i replaced the thoth helm for isis since the mana regen there isnt really needed if you have a thoth spear, and the extra hp regen is helpful. I use a thoth spear atm since ao3 will be coming out this week and tbh when that happens there will most likely be better weapons out there than shock lances - making the price of lances drop drastically aswell. Looking forward to your lvl 45- 50 pally build upon realease of ao3 :)

EDIT: NVM this, i got a thoth helm and shock lance after all... :p

Clockcycle
11-20-2010, 04:26 PM
This is fun, before finding this post, I was considering playing a battle mage as a shadow knight. Weakness as a disease and drain life as a death touch. Not sure on how to build her, but I will be basing much on your builds. Currently she is only level 19 and lots of fun.

-CC

Clockcycle
11-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Any input with the recent rebalance and changes to weapons speeds? I have been considering using axe instead of sword for the much higher dps.. but are we really dps or should we still concentrate on boosting out hit/crit that should help out our AOE damage etc?

As far as I see it, we go with str to be able to take advantage of the higher armor stats associated with it, but are still essentially casters..

Anyone care to share their views?

thanks,

-CC

P.S. so far it's lots of fun going in blasting and not having to run back, but staying in the midsts of the fray.

Royce
11-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Axes have always been preferable swords for their higher damage. Remember weapon damage affects skill damage. Still Trident/Spear/Harpoon is an even better option (and always has been) for the high damage, break armor proc, and slightly longer reach. Edit: shock lance too, but it's break doesn't stack.

Varking
11-24-2010, 11:15 PM
I see so many people using the Scimitar, and I see it sells for tons of money, even much more than the items everyone is saying is better. Any reason for this? My Battle Droid just turned 23 today and I have about 250k gold saved up and might either finish leveling my dex bear and try to farm the end game stuff, or I might just continue my pattern and buy the stuff as I can afford it.

Clockcycle
11-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Axes have always been preferable swords for their higher damage. Remember weapon damage affects skill damage. Still Trident/Spear/Harpoon is an even better option (and always has been) for the high damage, break armor proc, and slightly longer reach. Edit: shock lance too, but it's break doesn't stack.

Cool, thanks for the info.

Now is it actually the damage numbers or actual DPS # that affects skill dmg?

Royce
11-24-2010, 11:44 PM
Scimitar is only really valuable as part of the Rift bonus set, and it also has soul drain proc. Though I haven't really looked at the scimitar's stats simce the rebalance, I think there are still several better level 50 1-hand Str weapons considered alone, including some cheap destiny stuff.

Damage not DPS (which is just the product of a speed and damage calculation and not really a fundental stat), affects skill damage.

bladesword
11-25-2010, 02:59 AM
O.o royce your back??
Yay lol

dennis930913
11-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Paladin dead cuz of dex :P <<< too much Missss :P

jonboy
11-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Paladin dead, I don't think so, I don't miss.

Varking
11-26-2010, 08:01 PM
I am all strength right now at level 26 but will be going int from here on out. I don't miss much at all.

Clockcycle
11-29-2010, 11:01 AM
Are all these 1 handed weapons that can be wielded with a shield? Harpoon, Trident, Spear, Pitchfork and Lance? (did I miss any?)

thanks,
-CC

wamouk
12-29-2010, 10:13 AM
Spec/Function
Stats:
STR/DEX/INT
Skills:
Heal, Frostbite, Lightning, Resurrect
Fire Storm, Ice Storm, Drain Life, Weakness
Nightmare, Magic Shield, BoVitality, BoMight

Paladin (Tank/DPS)

Great guide, just a question. How can I give 0 points to frostbite? When I reach level 3 frostbite gets 1 point automatically. Please help!

ECHUSER
12-29-2010, 10:19 AM
respec. costs 5platinum. can be purchased in the store.

KingFu
12-29-2010, 10:25 AM
Spec/Function
Stats:
STR/DEX/INT
Skills:
Heal, Frostbite, Lightning, Resurrect
Fire Storm, Ice Storm, Drain Life, Weakness
Nightmare, Magic Shield, BoVitality, BoMight

Paladin (Tank/DPS)

Great guide, just a question. How can I give 0 points to frostbite? When I reach level 3 frostbite gets 1 point automatically. Please help!

The first 4 skills are assigned a point and a position when learned. You can simply respec, preferably after you learn your first 4 skills, and assign all the points manually. Respecs can be purchased ahead of time in the plat store ahead of time (5 for 10 plat)

Artemis
12-30-2010, 09:54 PM
Bump bump bump :P

Darksora79
05-20-2011, 02:57 AM
Ok im just starting the game(lvl 7) so Im gonna need a bit of help here. So should I start lvling my str up in the beginning and act like a warrior instead of staying away like a mage? and also the other guides say that I need dex then in this guide I dont need dex and I should have int?(not trying to make fun of the guy or anything, Im just a bit confused)