PDA

View Full Version : Tournaments.

Zapoke
09-19-2012, 12:01 PM
Hey guys. Been reading forums (as usual) and.. I have noticed a lot of tourneys recently.. For endgame. I have also noticed a lot of people wanting a tourney.

Personally, I want two tourneys.. A level 45-50 AO tourney and a 51-55 Sewers tourney. (yes, 56's could join the 51-55, but I personally would like to keep the gear set to one level cap). I would host them.. But I'm not organized, first of all, and second, I simply don't have the time lol.

If someone would host tourneys in this level range.. I can promise that a lot of people would join. :)

Yich
09-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Apparently you havent looked hard enough, a 51-56 tourney was talked about recently and could be happening.

Zapoke
09-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Apparently you havent looked hard enough, a 51-56 tourney was talked about recently and could be happening.

I did see that, actually. I posted on it. And no, it died.

Walkhardd
09-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Pretty much unless Mitch, will, or Nick run it, they seem to die fast.

Zapoke
09-19-2012, 03:14 PM

Because they take a level of devotion and organization which the average Joe does not posses. :)

Walkhardd
09-19-2012, 03:20 PM

Because they take a level of devotion and organization which the average Joe does not posses. :)

Exactly why I never try. Lol.

AbsolutePally
09-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Nick usually does the twink stuff, but i think he's turned off, as many others are by recen pvp changes.
I'd do it but I've less ties to twink community and i'm basically unknown there lol. I think? Ha.

Maybe after the 3v3 ctf but not promises!

XghostzX
09-19-2012, 03:54 PM
At the least I can host a 30-35 contest, possibly a 50-56 contest too. As Mitch said above I don't have many ties to twinking, and i've tried a lot of levels and haven't liked them. I can put together a 50-56 tournament later, but I can't guarantee it. Mitch and I have more plans for end game is all.

Edit: crimsontide wants to run a 50-56 tourney anyway :)

Zapoke
09-19-2012, 04:01 PM
At the least I can host a 30-35 contest, possibly a 50-56 contest too. As Mitch said above I don't have many ties to twinking, and i've tried a lot of levels and haven't liked them. I can put together a 50-56 tournament later, but I can't guarantee it. Mitch and I have more plans for end game is all.

Maybe after the 3v3 ctf but not promises!

Well, a definite "Maybe," is better than nothing. Thanks. :3

I'd do it but I've less ties to twink community and i'm basically unknown there lol. I think? Ha.

Anyone who's had an endgame toon since (at least) the Nuri cap knows who you are, I'd bet. ;P

cookiez
09-19-2012, 04:51 PM

Not alot joined cause of 56's....crap idea

Noodleleg
09-19-2012, 04:52 PM

Bah.. 50-56 is a bit too much of a range... Maybe 50-53 and 54-56 :)!

Zapoke
09-19-2012, 05:03 PM
Bah.. 50-56 is a bit too much of a range... Maybe 50-53 and 54-56 :)!

Yeah.. I think someone said something like this earlier, on the thread Yich was talking about.. A Death mage vs an Obe mage.. No matter how good the Death mage is, he/she will lose. Period. And the fact that Glyphs will compete discourages a lot of Sewers users as well. I know that I don't really want to have to fight them. :/

Fallen_Chisk_Angels
09-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Yeah.. I think someone said something like this earlier, on the thread Yich was talking about.. A Death mage vs an Obe mage.. No matter how good the Death mage is, he/she will lose. Period. And the fact that Glyphs will compete discourages a lot of Sewers users as well. I know that I don't really want to have to fight them. :/
Heres an Idea, make a rule stating L56 Glyph gear is not allowed :-D

Yich
09-19-2012, 09:13 PM
Heres an Idea, make a rule stating L56 Glyph gear is not allowed :-D

Except you cant control tournaments rules unless you host it..

Fallen_Chisk_Angels
09-21-2012, 01:08 AM
Except you cant control tournaments rules unless you host it..

You dont say?

Yich
09-21-2012, 06:22 AM
You dont say?

Well I suggested he host his own. Plenty of people suggested in the last tournament thread that glyph shouldnt be allowed. They said no, so your idea wouldnt have worked for that specific tournament. Mine is still an option, he can host his own.

CrimsonTider
09-21-2012, 06:34 AM

Does this mean I'm not "average"?? WooHoo!!

Bear tourney is just an experiment for me. Look for more to come! As a PE teacher, organizing tournaments and rules are like sleeping: I can do it with my eyes closed. :)

Yich
09-21-2012, 10:51 AM

Bear tourney is just an experiment for me. Look for more to come! As a PE teacher, organizing tournaments and rules are like sleeping: I can do it with my eyes closed. :)

I like that you're smart enough to make a decent bracket. Last tournament I did was 40 players single elimination, which is random.

Walkhardd
09-21-2012, 11:20 AM

Nice. :) with Nick gone, we needed someone to step up, and organize some twinky tournaments.

P.s I'm so jelly of u crim. I was going to school to be a p.e teacher. ( and coach football.) Plans haulted when the gf decided it was a good time to get pregnant...lol..still planning on going back some day.

Wait till marriage, kids!!!!

Zeus
09-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Nice. :) with Nick gone, we needed someone to step up, and organize some twinky tournaments.

P.s I'm so jelly of u crim. I was going to school to be a p.e teacher. ( and coach football.) Plans haulted when the gf decided it was a good time to get pregnant...lol..still planning on going back some day.

Did she decide or did you? ;)

Biology states it was you. :o

Walkhardd
09-21-2012, 12:14 PM
Get outa here with your biology..we all know its always the woman's fault. Its science.

P.s y u no text back.

CrimsonTider
09-21-2012, 12:22 PM

You can do it! Didn't get my license til 3 years ago. Love my job but I am not a "typical" PE teacher. I teach high school and push my students hard. The boys hate that I can do approx 30 more pushups than they can. ;)

DXDARKXSOULXD
09-26-2012, 12:34 AM
I wish there r another lv71 and also i got bear