PDA

View Full Version : problem with time zone for blessing on chrome

Fusionstrike
09-20-2012, 08:48 AM
I noticed that there seems to be an issue with the blessing "return time" on Chrome. It reports a time that is different from both iOS and Android versions of PL. When I log in on Android or iPad, I see a turn in time that is correct: exactly 24 hours from when I started the clock. On Chrome, I see a time that is 24 hours plus 7 more hours in the future, exactly the offset between my time zone and GMT. I suspect that Chrome is not properly adjusting the time for the locally configured time zone.

Fusionstrike
09-21-2012, 05:23 PM
It would be nice if a dev would come comment on this one so we at least know you know about the issue. Right now Chrome tells people to come back at the wrong time. The further the person lives from England, the bigger the error is. For example, everyone in the U.S. is at least 4 hours misinformed, which means they could miss the reward altogether.

Fusionstrike
09-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Ok, actually this bug is weirder than I first thought. The time zone is messed up, and you do see different pickup times on Chrome than other platforms like I said. But it also affects collection of the belssing as well. I expected to be able to pick up my blessing at the right time, even on Chrome, but that didn't happen. I couldn't collect when the time passed. I had to log in using my phone to pick up the blessing, which was waiting for me just fine on that platform.

So not only does Chrome have the wrong time, it also forces players to wait longer than they should have to. (Actually I'm just assuming that last part. I've never actually picked one up from Chrome, so it may be broken altogether. But I suspect it just forces you to wait until the time it incorrectly says.)

No matter how you slice it, it's completely wrong on Chrome. It sure would be nice for someone on the game staff to drop by and say the problem has been noted to the devs.

Haalil
09-22-2012, 05:36 AM
Hey i have got a problem to, i logged in today 24 hrs after i received first day blessing reward, and it said you are to late and now it started from the begin how can this happen?

Samhayne
09-22-2012, 06:22 AM
Could be. PCs can be strange beasts when it comes to reporting time.

HunterSLAYER
09-22-2012, 07:29 AM
Could be. PCs can be strange beasts when it comes to reporting time.

Alternatively, implement server time to make everyone's life easier.?

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Loaden
09-23-2012, 02:07 AM
If you want to implement server times, some computers may be using proxy's or incognito tabs, this could prevent STS from actually implementing the real time.
Some thoughts are needed in this scenario. There seems to be many many bugs with the new implemention of the daily blessings. But still, it is nice :)

小孩子
09-23-2012, 02:42 AM
Change the timer to 12 hour instead of 24 hour that way you get the blessing every day without having to wait for the right time, also change the time it takes for blessing to disapear to a longer duration eg:
i gain daily at 3pm september 25th, daily resets at midnight so i can collect it any time on the 25th without having to wait for the 3pm.
as for the time it takes for daily to reset, maybe make that 12 hours as well so it gives people a greater chance to actually GET 5 days in a row without it having to reset, sometimes people are outside or unable to collect the blessing at the time its available :/

Loaden
09-23-2012, 02:58 AM
Isnt the reset 48 hours or something? WE should do something about the reset instead of the timing of collecting the rewards.

If the rewards were to be 12 hours, it would take 2 1/2 days to get all 5 rewards, that'd be boring too, and too fast.

小孩子
09-23-2012, 03:33 AM
Isnt the reset 48 hours or something? WE should do something about the reset instead of the timing of collecting the rewards.

If the rewards were to be 12 hours, it would take 2 1/2 days to get all 5 rewards, that'd be boring too, and too fast.

I meant all timers reset at midnight*

sorry for the misunderstanding..

Extreme
09-23-2012, 07:28 AM
Having this prob too...