PDA

View Full Version : My Vanity idea

Astrocat
09-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Hey y'all !

So yeah, apparently there's no new vanities. That's sad yes.. so here's an idea of new vanity ! :

Today, I woke up and had this idea of adding a new Vanity in Star Legends.
An achievement Vanity, or a super expensive Platinum one, or even ultra rare one.
And, I was thinking that the Halo's Master Chief helmet could be an awesome and wonderful Vanity helmet in game.
I'm sure plenty of players would want it! It actually could be cool!
Why not making an achievement super hard to earn it, or even like I said above, Platinum purchase (like 500plats for exemple).
So today, bought Photoshop CS6, and learned a little bit.
Created that helmet, to see how it fits.

ps: took the one from suggestion threads off.

Took a picture from google :

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg505/Astrocatfish/halo_3_master_chief_helmet__40845_zps5f410085.jpg

Edited it a little bit :

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg505/Astrocatfish/halo_3_master_chief_helmet__40845_zps6c1d8431.jpg

After few hours of work because i'm still a newbie on Photoshop, i've done it, and IMO it looks awesome :

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg505/Astrocatfish/Chief1bro_zps3adcb542.jpg

If it's a copy rights problem, why not changing colors or adding few things on it, then it's ready?
I would love to hear about you guys, if you find it : Meh ? Amazing ? or others, just tell what you think about that !
Hope you guys like it, maybe it doesn't look like it, but i've put some serious time and work to do that!

In any case, if this won't do it in game, I will be really disapointed and sad if the new vanitys will be the same as the old ones but in another color, like the '' new '' maps..

-Astrocat

Urqui
09-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Cool idea:frog:

Esoul
09-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Great idea but it's a copy rights -.....-

BodMaster
09-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Why make a new thread in a different section?

And there is already another thread for Vanity idea's here; http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?69540-What-vanities-would-you-like-to-be-added-in-the-Scorn-crusade-campaign&p=786211#post786211

Astrocat
09-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Why make a new thread in a different section?

And there is already another thread for Vanity idea's here; http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?69540-What-vanities-would-you-like-to-be-added-in-the-Scorn-crusade-campaign&p=786211#post786211

Look what I said :
ps: took the one from suggestion threads off.

And I am allowed to give my idea of vanity too :).

flashbackflip
09-20-2012, 12:59 PM
This should belong to 'suggestions' part of forums... Please ask mods to move it

And yeah... Copyright...

BodMaster
09-20-2012, 01:08 PM
This should belong to 'suggestions' part of forums... Please ask mods to move it

And yeah... Copyright...

They already have the same thread in suggestions (;

Astrocat
09-20-2012, 01:30 PM
They already have the same thread in suggestions (;

And yeah... Copyright...

No I deleted all the post.
Why so much drama, and why giving rules :)
And the other vanity idea is for his idea..
But whatever, delete this thread and forget my help for this part.

flashbackflip
09-20-2012, 03:08 PM
No I deleted all the post.
Why so much drama, and why giving rules :)
And the other vanity idea is for his idea..
But whatever, delete this thread and forget my help for this part.

No drama at all

Rules are rules. U gotta follow them - this is the way it works here..

You should know that moreover if u r in AoBs...

Astrocat
09-20-2012, 03:37 PM
No drama at all

I know the rules. I haven't done anything against them, I just took it hardly for what you said, even if I shouldn't. I'm just a fragile person you know :).
Anyways, I know rules are rules. Don't worry about that, Flashbackflip :).

-Astrocat

Xaphan Fox
09-20-2012, 05:31 PM
Need a star fox or star wolf head plz k thx!

It's sci fi... I'll come to tx and wash your cars.

Bark bark

Cahaun
09-20-2012, 06:23 PM
It's not like STS already bent a few item originating from other movies and games. The Lancer... I mean Chainsaw Assault Rifle looks really familiar. And look at those Plasma Grenades the cultists tote around! Then again, I'm sure my Pulse Rifle is not from Aliens right? My IHelmet looks nice! It doesn't remind me at all from Dead Space! The veteran armor makes me want to be a trooper of the galaxy!

Mothwing
09-20-2012, 06:26 PM
No drama at all

Just because he/she's (sorry dont know) an ambassador doesnt mean he/she can't make mistakes.

Astrocat
09-20-2012, 07:20 PM
Just because he/she's (sorry dont know) an ambassador doesnt mean he/she can't make mistakes.

It's a she. I'm sick of hiding it. I just played a lot of MMORPGs and always acted like a boy, always put boy profil, names etc. With all the forums and MMORPGs I went to, people never caught I was a girl. So yes, I am. If I didn't want people to know, it's because I have a bad memory of that..

Mothwing
09-20-2012, 07:21 PM
It's a she. I'm sick of hiding it. I just played a lot of MMORPGs and always acted like a boy, always put boy profil, names etc. With all the forums and MMORPGs I went to, people never caught I was a girl. So yes, I am. If I didn't want people to know, it's because I have a bad memory of that..

Good to know :D

And lol @ our smiley face war getting locked.

Astrocat
09-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Good to know :D

And lol @ our smiley face war getting locked.

Aww I know! It's sad.. :P Hum..
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Ah!

Mothwing
09-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Aww I know! It's sad.. :P Hum..
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Ah!

Lol, I don't want another good thread to get locked ;)

Astrocat
09-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Lol, I don't want another good thread to get locked ;)

True :)! And, good thread? Aww thanks!

Mothwing
09-20-2012, 07:37 PM
True :)! And, good thread? Aww thanks!

Any good idea is a good thread ;)

Battlegrinder
09-20-2012, 07:58 PM
It's not like STS already bent a few item originating from other movies and games. The Lancer... I mean Chainsaw Assault Rifle looks really familiar. And look at those Plasma Grenades the cultists tote around! Then again, I'm sure my Pulse Rifle is not from Aliens right? My IHelmet looks nice! It doesn't remind me at all from Dead Space! The veteran armor makes me want to be a trooper of the galaxy!

Forgot to mention the Avengers items, sci-fi pack, and HAL 9000 mask. Plus, that X-Ray Visor looks a lot like Geordi's, IMO.

Astrocat
09-20-2012, 08:01 PM
So my Masterchief's helmet won't do a big difference to that then :D!

zaonaky
09-21-2012, 03:49 AM
the one in suggestion has been deleted, but ill say it again, that this is a cool idea and nice work u did

Zaonabiuibil
09-21-2012, 05:48 AM
Oh copyright oh copyright,
Oh how I love you copyright.
You fine me day and night.
I want to make a vanity for my favorite game
Instead of fame it turns to shame
Oh copyright oh copyright,
Oh how I love you copyright.
:)

BodMaster
09-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Any good idea is a good thread ;)

And I am allowed to give my idea of vanity too :).

Agreed, idea/suggestion = Suggestion Thread. (Didn't mention anything about deleting the "suggestion")

How is this hard to understand. Even the Mod are getting confused by this, nice job in keeping this place tidy.

I'm sorry if I sound "harsh" or "throwing "rules" about" but I'm a massive forumer, if a forum has no section then we might aswel all just post new comers, ideas/suggestions/class discussion/feedback/off topic/forum discussion and what ever other sections there are here.

Most unorganized forum I have been on due to both some members not keeping "clean" or mods not moving threads where they should be. (Sam previously did a great job of this)

SkillFullGamer
09-23-2012, 10:20 AM
Make some Pic edits of what it look like?

Astrocat
09-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Make some Pic edits of what it look like?

What do you mean?

Battlegrinder
09-24-2012, 11:43 AM

Bark bark

That would be cool. I was running around with my Easter Rabbit head last night, and someone said I looked like Peppy. So between Easter and PL Archer B-Day hats, we already have half the team. Might as well complete the set.

Though slippy might be a problem, given how many people deliberately shoot him down at the start of the mission.

Fudginator
09-25-2012, 12:40 AM
Lmfao... I play Halo:Reach on xBox 360. I don't think STS are allowed to do that because it's patented. Maybe add a li'l "Swag" to it maybe?

Xaphan Fox
09-25-2012, 11:41 AM

Bark bark

That would be cool. I was running around with my Easter Rabbit head last night, and someone said I looked like Peppy. So between Easter and PL Archer B-Day hats, we already have half the team. Might as well complete the set.

Though slippy might be a problem, given how many people deliberately shoot him down at the start of the mission.

Slippy makes me rage

Bark bark

KillaSkillz
09-25-2012, 02:49 PM
It's one thing taking something from a movie or print and changing it some and putting it in a video game. It's another whole thing taking a video game item from another developer and tweaking it and calling it your own.
It would be the equivalent of putting mustaches on Disney characters and making cartoons with them. It may or may not be actionable in court, I don't know. But it gives me a "whoah wait up" feeling. And I am sure there would be some smack talk in the game development industry about originality as a best case senario outcome from tweaking bungies video game icon, the helmet is master chief's face.

Deathpunch
09-25-2012, 02:57 PM
It's one thing taking something from a movie or print and changing it some and putting it in a video game. It's another whole thing taking a video game item from another developer and tweaking it and calling it your own.
It would be the equivalent of putting mustaches on Disney characters and making cartoons with them. It may or may not be actionable in court, I don't know. But it gives me a "whoah wait up" feeling. And I am sure there would be some smack talk in the game development industry about originality as a best case senario outcome from tweaking bungies video game icon, the helmet is master chief's face.

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af35/user7618/meme8858041073.jpg

-----
Tapatalk? More like MoneyGrabTalk, amirite?!

Astrocat
09-25-2012, 02:59 PM
http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af35/user7618/meme8858041073.jpg

-----

hehe :D.

KillaSkillz
09-25-2012, 05:52 PM
I wish my thanks worked deathpunch. I laughed so hard I almost passed out when I saw that post!

Deathpunch
09-25-2012, 06:07 PM
I wish my thanks worked deathpunch. I laughed so hard I almost passed out when I saw that post!

Lol! I thought it pretty amusing when I made it.

-----