PDA

View Full Version : New Details

xcon
09-20-2012, 03:09 PM
New details released about Spacetime Studios upcoming MMORPG called Arcane Legends
Thursday, 20 September 2012 12:12
0 0Reddit0

It has been a few months since we announced Spacetime Studios next title in their series of MMORPGs called Arcane Legends. While details have remained pretty hush hush for the most part, back then we at least knew that Spacetime Studios would be taking the best mechanics out of their previous Legends games and combining them into Arcane Legends. We now know a little bit more about this new MMORPG and have a few more screenshots to check out.

16894 16895

As of right now, the overall opinion from a lot of people, including us here at DroidGamers, is that Arcane Legends is so far the best looking title in the series both visually (falling back to their cartoon style roots) and in terms of gameplay mechanics. A lot of focus has gone into making this new Legends title more team orientated in regards to how it plays out. The AI for enemies has been improved meaning ranged attack enemies will try to stay away from players who are melee classes, so players in groups will have to adjust accordingly.

16896 16897

There are charge up attacks from Dark Legends make another appearance but there will also be quick rapid hit attacks as well. There is also a new combo attack system where players can combine powers with other team members to unleash massive damage attacks. Also the in-game purchasing system has been modified, allowing things like re-speccing your character should you not agree with what the game hands you in terms of starting stats, something you used to have to pay for. The majority of the in-game purchases will apparently be geared towards vanity items and non-essential items. Anything that is essential for the game will be available naturally as you play.

All of this we already knew from early information released by Spacetime Studios. However, we now know that there will be an entire pet system implemented into Arcane Legends. Pets will not only affect the customization of your characters, but also how combat plays out as these pet will be able to participate in battles as well as providing unique bonuses such as buffing allies and gathering loot. This also means that there will be different abilities for each pet and different types of pet classes, although how deep this new pet system goes remains to be seen. There will be over 40 pets available to find when Arcane Legends launches with more being added in future updates.

Right now Arcane Legends is still slated for release before the end of this year but if it follows the pattern the previous game releases had, Arcane Legends could be available as soon as next month. You can check out the full press release below for further detail.

Official Website: Arcane Legends

Spacetime Studios’ Arcane Legends Introduces Battle Pet Companions

AUSTIN, Texas – Sept. 20, 2012 –

Arcane Legends, the upcoming swords-and-sorcery, action-adventure title from mobile MMO leader Spacetime Studios, delivers a new and meaningful pet system that significantly deepens the game’s combat mechanics and character development.
In the world of Arlor, the setting for Arcane Legends, players will collect a stable full of magical and ferocious pets to aid in their adventures. These powerful companions are not just cosmetic collectibles or a trivial side game. Each pet fills a crucial role by engaging in combat, performing various actions based on their skill sets and granting a unique bonus. Pets also increase in power as a player progresses through the game.

Players need to weigh the merits of each pet’s combat abilities and bonuses to determine which one fits their play style. Companions do anything from attacking enemies to party support like buffing allies and gathering loot. For instance, dragon pets soar around his master, swoop down on enemies and blast them with arcane fire-balls while providing fire-protection.

There will be approximately 40 pets with a wide variety of behaviors and skills at launch. The Spacetime team plans to introduce a steady stream of additional pets in future expansions similar to their live update activities in the other Legends games.

"The inclusion of a meaningful and fully interactive pet system is a major step for the mobile MMO genre," said Gary Gattis, CEO, Spacetime Studios. "We set out to create an emotional relationship with a significant gameplay mechanic. In Arcane Legends, pets are a major aspect of the character’s identity, growth and capabilities."

The previous Legends titles -- fantasy Pocket Legends, sci-fi Star Legends and horror Dark Legends -- have been downloaded more than nine million times, making it the world’s largest cross-platform mobile/desktop MMO franchise.

Posted By Droid Gamers for the oroginal post see this link http://www.droidgamers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4667&Itemid=172

Bless
09-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Already posted >.< ur too late :/

Late
09-20-2012, 04:02 PM
Awwwwwwwwww cute dog!

Growwle
09-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Seems like the Devs have been checking out Torchlight 2. Do the pets hold items for you in AL? I am going to have to get more mobile devices for my kids, since they will go nuts over this.

Rawrimafish
09-20-2012, 05:21 PM
so Arcane Legends is out?

Jugernugetx
09-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Rawr itll be out next month

Mothwing
09-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Holy bajesus was that a unicorn?!

Win.

Rawrimafish
09-21-2012, 07:11 AM
Rawr itll be out next month

i just looked at pictures:)

Jenzz
09-21-2012, 07:22 AM

LwMark
09-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Wow , i think im goin to enjoy this, dont worry pl il always love you

BodMaster
09-22-2012, 08:20 AM
Wow , i think im goin to enjoy this, dont worry pl il always love you

For now xD

enix21
09-24-2012, 10:34 AM
so the pets are the secret? pet combos? this just my guess

Skeletonlord
09-25-2012, 10:57 AM
so the pets are the secret? pet combos? this just my guess

The pet system is the feature never before seen in the Legends titles yes. Although pets are in PL, SL and DL, they cannot attack and help kill mobs. In this system, they will be able to.

Battlegrinder
09-25-2012, 11:37 AM
The pet system is the feature never before seen in the Legends titles yes. Although pets are in PL, SL and DL, they cannot attack and help kill mobs. In this system, they will be able to.

I hope they implement this in the other games too.

Skeletonlord
09-25-2012, 11:52 AM
If that's the case then it wouldn't be a never before seen feature would it? I think the system is going to be Arcane Legends specific.

Battlegrinder
09-25-2012, 12:40 PM
If that's the case then it wouldn't be a never before seen feature would it? I think the system is going to be Arcane Legends specific.

No, it would still be a new feature. They introduce it with Arcane, then if it works out, they add it to the others.

BodMaster
09-25-2012, 06:10 PM
No, it would still be a new feature. They introduce it with Arcane, then if it works out, they add it to the others.

Still makes it a less "desired" feature if all get it.

Mage till the end
09-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Ftw turtle pet.:-D

LvlCap
09-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Turtle per ftw!!!!!!! I cant wait for AL!!!

DXDARKXSOULXD
09-26-2012, 12:38 AM
COOL i will really like this but PL is still my main game this will be my secondary. After i am max lvl in PL or no event i will play arcane but still cat wait till its out

Asifrausa
09-26-2012, 10:31 AM
Wow! Nice I just cant wait for AL to come out. Oh! And this reminds me of Skyforge from Skyrim

Well it look almost the same accept this one is an eagle and on AL is a dragon lol

Tvis
09-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Wow! Nice I just cant wait for AL to come out. Oh! And this reminds me of Skyforge from Skyrim

Well it look almost the same accept this one is an eagle and on AL is a dragon lol

Yay! Skyforge from Skyrim!! :D

BodMaster
09-26-2012, 11:50 AM
*Looks up at TV's Sig..*

Y NO PAST LVL 35???