PDA

View Full Version : NPC House Furniture Suggestion

GDeuron
05-17-2023, 08:13 AM
What if we could add customizable NPC's to place in our house?
A furniture item that places an animated sorcerer/rogue/warrior that can display our equipment or vanity items.
It's like a combination of helmet+armor+weapon holders but with alive body instead of floating items, would be a great immersive addition to house decorating.
I've seen many players trying to implement an imitation of non-playable characters in their houses using different combinations of furnishing, but the idea of such ultimate alive "holder" would help many people with various house idea setups, also it's a great way to save house slots.
Optionally, we could give them names and choose idle animations or basic actions like emotes that we use ourselves.

Xyv.io
05-17-2023, 10:05 AM
💀 You want dead bodies in your house as decoration? 💀

LichKing1
05-17-2023, 10:26 AM
[emoji88] You want dead bodies in your house as decoration? [emoji88]He wants slaves to dance for him [emoji88]

Sent from my SM-G988N using Tapatalk

asommers
05-17-2023, 12:00 PM
This is on the list of things to do. See this thread (link (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?688178-Posable-quot-armor-quot-holders)) and this thread (link (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?638972-Dummy-manikin-to-dress-up-GHOST)).

-ALS

intruders
05-17-2023, 12:21 PM
@asommers glad to hear it's on the list!

What would be great if it is not limited to helm/armor/weapon only but would allow to equip other wearables like ring, pendants and so on. Basically all items that an actual character can equip (both gears and vanities).

The reason is many of them add nice visual effects e.g. blood ruby ring, lunar/fang/doom pendants.
Apart from single items' effects there are set effects (speed set, egg-shell set, zaarus set, cryostar vanity set and many more) and we want to be able to show off them too in our houses.

asommers
05-17-2023, 12:27 PM
Right now, set effects can only be displayed on players and a mannequin would not be a player. I was only going to consider equipment/vanities, but we should be able to work something out. A bonus of splitting this apart would be you can disable set effects from equipment vs. vanities vs. non-equipment. Right now, you can only disable vanity set effects.

-ALS