PDA

View Full Version : Guild leadership takeover

Leyit
05-19-2023, 08:18 PM
is it possible to bring a usual feature over guild - clan system games that we can take leadership of the guild if the leader is not active X (180 Days) days for X (650 Platinum) price?

lechogas
05-19-2023, 08:55 PM
+1

or maybe we can challenge the current leader to a match (if active)… winner takes leadership :D only officers for more than a year can make the challenge something like that.

asommers
05-19-2023, 09:34 PM
I'm sure if you were a guild leader, left for 180 days, came back, and your guild was taken from you, you wouldn't like it.

Sorry, you can always create a new guild.

-ALS

Greazemk
05-19-2023, 10:25 PM
-1 A voting system between officers would've made more sense.

intruders
05-22-2023, 11:24 AM
I'm sure if you were a guild leader, left for 180 days, came back, and your guild was taken from you, you wouldn't like it.

Sorry, you can always create a new guild.

Usually it happens when master gets banned which means they will never come back. Happened already multiple times.
Having some way to overtake mastership (support is helpless for this) would have been much appreciated.

asommers
05-22-2023, 09:25 PM
Usually it happens when master gets banned which means they will never come back. Happened already multiple times.
Having some way to overtake mastership (support is helpless for this) would have been much appreciated.

Sorry, I understand the circumstance, but the guild belongs to the banned guild master. The guild officers can at least change the guild message of the day informing the guild members to join the new guild.

-ALS

intruders
05-23-2023, 12:12 AM
Sorry, I understand the circumstance, but the guild belongs to the banned guild master. The guild officers can at least change the guild message of the day informing the guild members to join the new guild.

Guilds often have a name and legacy which obviously cannot be transferred to a new guild that's why it is so painful for people to end up in a locked out guild because their master got a permanent ban.

If master gets a permanent ban it is like being gone forever. In real world when someone's gone and leaves something valuable there's usually someone else who inherits whatever is left.

Maybe introducing a co-master role is the solution?
If a master promotes an officer to co-master they agree that mastership will be transferred to the co-master if the master gets a permanent ban.

This would be a back up plan in case of master permanent ban.
Being offline, I agree, is not a good justification for guild mastership seizure.

QuaseT
05-23-2023, 04:28 AM
If u decide to add something like this dont forget to create an option to turn it off for the gm (and let the gm decide to keep it the previous way)