PDA

View Full Version : LB players events and multiples accounts unfair

ralmarte
05-22-2023, 01:32 PM
It is very unfair that a player with several accounts can be in the lb repeatedly, leaving other players out of competition for not having an equipment of t of 2-3b, sts please limit the use of multi accounts in events by IP. thanks!

last 2 events been this way!!!!!

LichKing1
05-22-2023, 01:35 PM
Sry but Cinco alrdy said its fair and that they wont be doing this, every event is the same discussion and not just events (timed lb for example)

Sent from my SM-G988N using Tapatalk

Switchback
05-22-2023, 04:16 PM
I could have taken many spots on Temple Leaderboard but i chose to not to oppress players(Mainly due to the trash rewards, not caring). The leaderboards have been Cultured to the 'Elite' players who are either "A plat buyer themselves or are completely integrated into that system". This will never change. @Dev? Lol

robetbee
05-22-2023, 05:04 PM
So true lol, i dont think this will change tho. Its happen for years in this kind of event

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

asommers
05-22-2023, 05:26 PM
It's not that we don't care, but we can't treat all accounts from the same IP as the same person (family members, internet cafes, etc.). We can't even treat all accounts from the same device as the same person (family members sharing a device).

-ALS

lethal
05-22-2023, 05:32 PM
people could use other accounts too(different email) if they ban alt accounts

Switchback
05-22-2023, 06:12 PM
It's not that we don't care, but we can't treat all accounts from the same IP as the same person (family members, internet cafes, etc.). We can't even treat all accounts from the same device as the same person (family members sharing a device).

-ALS

I got a very very very good feeling that what you describe fits into the smallest pocket in al history..

I wonder your response if i say that since you have been active on forums again( after a long afk) the game has become very much an 'Elitist' mentality. Care to counter with something relevant to your current players? I could easily mistake your arrival publicly with something internal.

Who owns sts btw, would be good feedback.

Leyit
05-22-2023, 08:13 PM

-ALS1-) The items can be registered to that account separately for each leaderboard. of course items are still tradeable. Just not allowed to use on especially used leaderboard run with even same accounts slot characters while same LB still active. so it helps fixing the issue people using alts / friends with same gears and filling out whole leaderboard.

2-) The same players can fill the LB even without needing another slot / alt. all they have to do just changing party members, to fix this most healthy way seems converting leaderboard sytem to only solo. in the other hand if team up %100 necessary, not allow the players run LB if they are in ranking already.

this suggestions seems too much complicated but cant figure anything else easier that really helps.

asommers
05-22-2023, 09:05 PM
1-) The items can be registered to that account separately for each leaderboard. of course items are still tradeable. Just not allowed to use on especially used leaderboard run with even same accounts slot characters while same LB still active. so it helps fixing the issue people using alts / friends with same gears and filling out whole leaderboard.

Sorry, we won't be tracking individual items. Players are free to trade items.

2-) The same players can fill the LB even without needing another slot / alt. all they have to do just changing party members, to fix this most healthy way seems converting leaderboard sytem to only solo. in the other hand if team up %100 necessary, not allow the players run LB if they are in ranking already.

Now this is an important distinction separate from OP's original point. If person A using character B plays with 10 different teams and has 10 of the top group scores, I agree they shouldn't be getting just 10 copies of the rewards. However, I do think it's ok if person A was on the leaderboard multiple times with character B and character C even if the rewards are tradable. We'll need to discuss this internally.

Lastly, we probably need to figure out what we want to do these types of keep-highest-score events vs. accumulate-points events because they are not conducive to the type of leaderboard play most players expect.

-ALS

wrathfulcat
05-23-2023, 03:46 AM
@assomers maybe just make the LB rewards not tradable just for these high score type events? so there is no incentive to get multiple spots on lb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TurnBackTime
05-23-2023, 06:18 AM
asommers, we do need a separation for how u treat keep-highest-score events.
ive read every argument that the players getting alts on the solo lbs is unfair and all devs say is its fair for the players who put in effort in the gear.
They put in thier effort and have scored one of the top10 places. This already proves that they have the best gear and best skill. Why doesnt multiple alt in keep-highest-score events come under griefing/alt farming.
If the player at #13 place, if all alts were removed was supposed to be #8th place then isnt it worser for this player. And the person with 2 or more alts, if reported for griefing should be punished with a ban for the duration of the event. The guy in #13 did try for the lb and is one of the top10 player but was pushed out because of alts.

We want 10 distinct players to be rewarded the top10. Alts do promote competitiveness by pushing the lb points from 7m to 11m but its not fair. Alts are same person with 4 different accounts/characters passing his gears and getting the spot in LB.
Lets consider accumulate-points events, do u think any one person in the top10 would go for 2 accounts in the top10 spots? they wouldnt/cant. They wont have time to push. And 10 different players who put in effort get the top10 rewards. even if the player at #10 puts in the least effort, he is still one of the top10 players. this is fair. im sure nobody has complaints with this.

Why not the same for the keep-highest-score events. The separation(between accumulate-points events vs keep-highest-score events) we ask is for devs to allow the distinct players to be top10.
Since we as players are not able to restrict the alts, we come to devs to make it fair for all. And u guys help, by restricting the dark bombs, restricting fish ellix. this is done to make the ground even. Make the ground equal so that everyone has the chance for top10 not for every alt to have a chance.
Restrict alts from same account and alts from same person with different emails/logins.
When u say temple is for the most skilled players, i would expect the winners to be 10 different people with thier own gear. but its mostly just the 4 people occupying 10 spots with the same items which was shared. Items are fine, its just the alts. These are 4 of the best players but it doesnt make it 10 players. Removing the alts, there are others who deserved top10 because they are top10 best players.
Dont say its fair for the player(with 3 alts) who spent a lot of gold on gears. for the efforts he put in, he already scored top10 and everyone knows how skilled he is just from the highest points he scored. Huge difference in points from others already proves he's got good strategy, ping, skills and items.
10 distinct players from different IP at top10 is fair and is wat most of the player base wants(except the ones who do run alts).

This can be done, just restrict the alts from same account. And If there are people in the top10 who get reported for the alt farming/griefing then the support can take a look if they have alts from same IP/device and remove the lower scored ones and let only one stay. or if they cant remove the names then just remove the ranking except for the highest one. #13 serial number can be #9 on the top10 and recieve the top10 reward as he is rightfully one of the top10 players.

Ilove_Poopoo
05-23-2023, 06:35 AM
Leaderboards ain't charity.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

LichKing1
05-23-2023, 06:50 AM
if there was no alts allowed, the difference between #1 and #10 would be so big in terms of gear and skill that it would be unfair they both get same prizes

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

TurnBackTime
05-23-2023, 06:53 AM
and thats the opinion of players with alts

TurnBackTime
05-23-2023, 06:58 AM
if there was no alts allowed, the difference between #1 and #10 would be so big in terms of gear and skill that it would be unfair they both get same prizes

so say in easterevent, #1 was 40m points, #10 was 26m points, #10 getting the reward was unfair?

TurnBackTime
05-23-2023, 07:15 AM

in accumulate-points events, thats the difference between being a #1 player who spent tons of gold on energy/portal items and time running event/op gear which helps u clear map at a faster time and a #10 player who was able to do just better than #11.
it should be the same for highest-score event too. #1 with 21m points who was the best and 10th distinct player with 8m points who is just better than 11th distinct player.

Lb isnt a charity, so why allow alts on lb to take 5 spots out of 10.

Apocalyptis
05-23-2023, 07:39 AM
Youre right, lb ain’t charity, no one is saying that it should be easy. It just doesn’t reflect what leaderboard should. The thing is that this exploiting of multiple alts is just really wrong. It doesn’t make any sense, why #1 player should be able to take all other places.

Develepers basically made all these top10 rewards for #1 player of each class, which will only lead into price manipulation and hoarding straight away after event ends.

If they made only #1 place reward, it would be better at this point.

Name me one sport with “leaderboard system”, where contestants are able to take multiple spots within the ranking. Imagine #1 javelin thrower also getting 2nd and 3rd place, only because all of his throws were better than other athletes’. Would it make sense?

LichKing1
05-23-2023, 08:35 AM
Youre right, lb ain’t charity, no one is saying that it should be easy. It just doesn’t reflect what leaderboard should. The thing is that this exploiting of multiple alts is just really wrong. It doesn’t make any sense, why #1 player should be able to take all other places.

Develepers basically made all these top10 rewards for #1 player of each class, which will only lead into price manipulation and hoarding straight away after event ends.

If they made only #1 place reward, it would be better at this point.

Name me one sport with “leaderboard system”, where contestants are able to take multiple spots within the ranking. Imagine #1 javelin thrower also getting 2nd and 3rd place, only because all of his throws were better than other athletes’. Would it make sense?

now imagine all other throwers r amateurs and u give top spots to them, u cant compare events in AL with real life, top athletes go thro some sort of qualifying while we dont
I have run countless lb events and i can tell u from experience that if temple events didnt have alts allowed, the top10 would be way too easy

exclusion
05-23-2023, 09:04 AM
Leaderboards ain't charity.

it is also when greed takes over… They believe that they deserve more. shameless

Apocalyptis
05-23-2023, 09:20 AM
now imagine all other throwers r amateurs and u give top spots to them, u cant compare events in AL with real life, top athletes go thro some sort of qualifying while we dont
I have run countless lb events and i can tell u from experience that if temple events didnt have alts allowed, the top10 would be way too easy

So basically only #1 is a “pro” and others are “amateurs”? Sure, but the leaderboard is still about top10 players, doesn’t matter how you call them. “u give top spots to them”? No. That’s what they achieved based on their perfomance, you wouldn’t normally care if you were already #1.

I respect that it takes more effort to be first than last, but giving the first guy 10x the same reward, that was meant for others? That’s just wrong.

It wouldn’t be easy, it would just be fair (and how it is meant to be). This only shows the greediness from your side. There is nothing bad about letting the 10th guy be 10th, since you are far ahead lol.

drawfflerz
05-23-2023, 10:03 AM

-ALSwhy cannot do like if same name have more than 1 name in lb then he will received only 1 lb item depend on his higher score.

LichKing1
05-23-2023, 11:06 AM
So basically only #1 is a “pro” and others are “amateurs”? Sure, but the leaderboard is still about top10 players, doesn’t matter how you call them. “u give top spots to them”? No. That’s what they achieved based on their perfomance, you wouldn’t normally care if you were already #1.

I respect that it takes more effort to be first than last, but giving the first guy 10x the same reward, that was meant for others? That’s just wrong.

It wouldn’t be easy, it would just be fair (and how it is meant to be). This only shows the greediness from your side. There is nothing bad about letting the 10th guy be 10th, since you are far ahead lol.if u were competing u would understand, for example during temple, apox had 5 alts in top10 and a few more under, it didnt stop me or a few other players who managed to score almost same pts and be top10, these events r designed in a way that theres an upper limit every player can reach and if u didnt score it, u literally dont deserve the prize in my eyes, cuz of the way waves scaled
if prizes were scaling per each spot, then for sure dont allow alts

Sent from my SM-G988N using Tapatalk

Encryptions
05-23-2023, 11:09 AM
Logically, how would the devs even fix this? Instead of asking them to make lb 1 slot per person give them ideas.

Apocalyptis
05-23-2023, 11:41 AM
Logically, how would the devs even fix this? Instead of asking them to make lb 1 slot per person give them ideas.

I know it is hard to 100% solve the problem, but anything that would make it at least slightly better would help.

“Highest score per class on one account” would help only temporalily, until those ppl would create new accounts, but if combined with “bound rewards” on temple-like events, it might solve the manipulation and greediness.. hopefully
This doesn’t seem to be a bad idea to me, but surely someone might have more effective ideas. :)

In short words, you would need a new account to be in the same class leaderboard twice, bound reward would do the rest,..

What do you think?:emmersed:

asommers
05-23-2023, 01:26 PM
If person A using character B plays with 10 different teams and has 10 of the top group scores, I agree they shouldn't be getting just 10 copies of the rewards.

Confirmed that a single character on multiple spots on the same leaderboard will only receive one set of rewards for their highest rank, so this isn't an issue.

I'll let the thread continue a bit and see what we want to do, if anything.

-ALS

QuaseT
05-23-2023, 02:52 PM
Could make the rewards be received via stash and make only one of those rewards chests possible to receive per account. Might be a compromise because having multiple accs on lb then has the benefit of making the rewards more rare by decreasing the number of items while avoiding price manipulation due monopoly of one person. Probably only useful if rewards are bound.

Irg
05-23-2023, 04:20 PM
Treat lb runner characters as hardcore inventory for the duration that they exist on the lb
Meaning no gear can go out of that character

Encryptions
05-23-2023, 05:17 PM
Making bound rewards won't stop people and making their inventory untradeable would only cause people to not run until the end of the event which defeats the purpose of an event.

Apocalyptis
05-23-2023, 05:54 PM
Making bound rewards won't stop people and making their inventory untradeable would only cause people to not run until the end of the event which defeats the purpose of an event.

Making bound is still better than nothing, in this case.

Untradeable invetory is too much, since people like to buy/sell gear even during events :D
I like what Quaset said, feel like it is a good compromise :)

Encryptions
05-23-2023, 05:55 PM
But it won't change anything making the rewards bound.

Apocalyptis
05-23-2023, 05:57 PM
But it won't change anything making the rewards bound.

It will change the manipulation and greed behind it. I’m sick of it.

https://youtu.be/fIQ_wWByB_0
That’s just not okay lol, or you think otherwise?

Encryptions
05-23-2023, 06:03 PM
It will change the manipulation and greed behind it. I’m sick of it.Isn't the purpose of stopping people from getting more than 1 spot to allow multiple people to also get a chance at lb? There is no manipulation or greed, if you spend over 1bil on gears not only do you need gears but you need to know how to play with strategy in order to even get a spot. Any other games I have played no one says anything about these situations, people actually respect people who can get lb multiple spots though AL maybe 100x easier.

Apocalyptis
05-23-2023, 06:15 PM
Isn't the purpose of stopping people from getting more than 1 spot to allow multiple people to also get a chance at lb? There is no manipulation or greed, if you spend over 1bil on gears not only do you need gears but you need to know how to play with strategy in order to even get a spot. Any other games I have played no one says anything about these situations, people actually respect people who can get lb multiple spots though AL maybe 100x easier.

Yes, that is the main purpose. But there is greed and manipulation from some of those players who take top10 places with alts, believe it or not. The fact that rewards are tradeable is a huge motivation for them to exploit it even more. It is a complicated problem, what is your idea to help this situation tho? :)

PS: haven’t played any other game, where #1 player would be able to take lb rewards from 2nd,3rd,4th.. spot, sorry. I find it stupid

Encryptions
05-23-2023, 06:24 PM
I don't have an idea, I am for the multiple spots on lb.

Apocalyptis
05-23-2023, 06:30 PM
That’s what I thought. :)

peace

exclusion
05-23-2023, 08:16 PM
maybe… if possible, just check if there are LB accounts that are using same devices to play… if yes then consider it as 1 player

if the account is another player, he/she should have a different devices.

Ryu_evin
05-23-2023, 08:54 PM
maybe… if possible, just check if there are LB accounts that are using same devices to play… if yes then consider it as 1 player

if the account is another player, he/she should have a different devices.This is good

Non tradable rewards
1 toon per account

Sent from my RMX3081 using Tapatalk

Longtao
05-23-2023, 09:17 PM
For events, one person taking up multiple spots is a little bit...even if they worked for it.
Also, regarding the events of accumulation/high score. High scores like this current event should definitely not be 2 weeks long. 2 separate weeks would be ok. 2 weeks for ONE high score seems excessive.
Accumulation, what you guys are doing with separate weeks is good as well. Keep up the great work!

Encryptions
05-23-2023, 09:40 PM
That’s what I thought. :)

peace

I shouldn't come up with an idea to go against something I am siding with.

frankcastle911
05-24-2023, 12:31 AM
It will change the manipulation and greed behind it. I’m sick of it.

https://youtu.be/fIQ_wWByB_0
That’s just not okay lol, or you think otherwise?yes i agree this is very unfair, these people have 3k dex + with full kraken, ms, and full everything, other people with less stats and compatibility should have a chance to run lb

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

frankcastle911
05-24-2023, 12:59 AM
@assomers maybe just make the LB rewards not tradable just for these high score type events? so there is no incentive to get multiple spots on lb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk+1 on this also, making temple lb rewards tradeable was a huge mistake, now this orcfire lb set will probably cost 1b at least, and a player can have several sets from multiple alts he ran lb on, if 1 warrior ran group lb with 4 people, he gets 4x these rewards, very unfair in my opinion but making these rewards untradable will 100% fix the problem (just gauntlet rewards, other event lbs let them still be reward - tradeable like halloween, winter etc) even these events are kinda unfair lol, where some people tie with each other to get an extra reward for #11 up to even #15, but its still not as bad as gauntlet events

takotako
05-24-2023, 01:17 AM

-ALSIs it not possible for u guys to track whether a player is just a part of 1 account with multiple character slots? I think the most common way these players transfer their items is via stash and not necessarily in trade windows to transfer items to a whole different account with different email... not really about IP address

With the rumours and numbers of players sharing their story of how they got banned after gifting items to other players, i dont think those LB players in this topic would take that risk just to be in LB when they can just stash their items and transfer it to another toon in their account.

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

frankcastle911
05-24-2023, 01:22 AM
Is it not possible for u guys to track whether a player is just a part of 1 account with multiple character slots? I think the most common way these players transfer their items is via stash and not necessarily in trade windows to transfer items to a whole different account with different email... not really about IP address

With the rumours and numbers of players sharing their story of how they got banned after gifting items to other players, i dont think those LB players in this topic would take that risk just to be in LB when they can just stash their items and transfer it to another toon in their account.

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalkthats good too but, i think it would be much better if rewards were just untradeable, not only for fairness but also for the sake of economy

Encryptions
05-24-2023, 01:59 AM
Guys be thinking that making the rewards untradeable will stop people from getting multiple spots on lb.

drawfflerz
05-24-2023, 02:21 AM
Guys be thinking that making the rewards untradeable will stop people from getting multiple spots on lb.at least those 'rich&powerful' people can't make an easy profit.. if they really not care about the reward, just give me free lb reward or sell for cheap price. as i am the one who cant reach lb list.

frankcastle911
05-24-2023, 02:22 AM
Guys be thinking that making the rewards untradeable will stop people from getting multiple spots on lb.why would they want untradable rewards on their alts they dont play on?

Encryptions
05-24-2023, 02:25 AM
why would they want untradable rewards on their alts they dont play on?

House decor on main.

frankcastle911
05-24-2023, 02:26 AM
House decor on main.lmao iq 100

LichKing1
05-24-2023, 02:33 AM
why would they want untradable rewards on their alts they dont play on?

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalkmost play for ego, some for profit and some just to not let others have it
iq 100? bruh u called him an average person? xd

Sent from my 2201116SG using Tapatalk

frankcastle911
05-24-2023, 02:43 AM
most play for ego, some for profit and some just to not let others have it
iq 100? bruh u called him an average person? xd

Sent from my 2201116SG using Tapatalkno, its not a compliment xD

Encryptions
05-24-2023, 03:15 AM
lmao iq 100

Well the test I took a few years ago irl said 148, but hey 100 is still higher than the average person.

TurnBackTime
05-24-2023, 03:59 AM
Lets not make this personal argument..

Guys be thinking that making the rewards untradeable will stop people from getting multiple spots on lb.

House decor on main.

Making the rewards bound wont stop people from going for multiple alts. But it would stop people from going for more and more spots because of thier greed. Example apox.

again nothing stopping them from using multiple characters...
But others would like a chance too u know?

Yes the skill gap would be huge, yes the points would be low. But its still shows the 10 different people who are good, who manage to score high points among the players in arcane legends.

This temple was literally top6-7 only. 4 to 6 people occupying top10 spots...
They already proved they are good...
6 people who own everything and are the good , won the top10 spots with thier alts. If these alts were removed the 4 left out players have a great chance at being rewarded for thier skill/effort in the temple event.
Just give others a shot at it too.

QuaseT
05-24-2023, 04:01 AM

It will stop people selling multiple rewards which will avoid the best player to gain multiple times as much profit as the second best player. Some like this concept - some don't.

frankcastle911
05-24-2023, 04:24 AM
It will stop people selling multiple rewards which will avoid the best player to gain multiple times as much profit as the second best player. Some like this concept - some don't.i dont think calling them "best" is a thing, theyre just "able", im against having tradeable rewards because not all of us have what they have gold and gear wise, 3k stats+, pets, hotbar loadouts (ms,gl,etc)

Encryptions
05-24-2023, 04:43 AM
i dont think calling them "best" is a thing, theyre just "able", im against having tradeable rewards because not all of us have what they have gold and gear wise, 3k stats+, pets, hotbar loadouts (ms,gl,etc)

Its not that easy. Just because someone has the gear doesn't mean they are going to get lb. Mobs hit for 30k+ dmg on waves 103+. I don't understand the logic of wanting everything to be the same for everyone, people think that new players are supposed to start the game and instantly after 1 week have everything.

Apocalyptis
05-24-2023, 04:54 AM
Its not that easy. Just because someone has the gear doesn't mean they are going to get lb. Mobs hit for 30k+ dmg on waves 103+. I don't understand the logic of wanting everything to be the same for everyone, people think that new players are supposed to start the game and instantly after 1 week have everything.

That’s not the case of this event at all, maybe try starting the game before next commentary?
No one wants lb to be easy lol. Just less exploitable by #1.

Btw still waiting for an example of anything, where #1 person could take more spots (with valueable rewards!) this easy as: 1. Lvl up character, 2. Stash gear, 3. Equip gear, 4. Do placement, 5. Repeat

frankcastle911
05-24-2023, 05:09 AM
Its not that easy. Just because someone has the gear doesn't mean they are going to get lb. Mobs hit for 30k+ dmg on waves 103+. I don't understand the logic of wanting everything to be the same for everyone, people think that new players are supposed to start the game and instantly after 1 week have everything.no one said its easy but at least they would have gears to TRY, no one started as a pro

LichKing1
05-24-2023, 05:14 AM
profit is not nearly close what u guys believe to be and if thats all u care about, just farm rahab for those 2 weeks, otherwise, git gud
this is not a grind event so u cant compare it to other events throughout the year and if u played any other games of any kind, like LoL, Dota, CS...u would know 1 player can make multiple accounts and take multiple top spots on the leaderboard AND be praised for being so good, make prizes bound or not, same players will still bring alts and what does it matter if they "profit" from it anyway? its the only difference left from being the best in the game and no, im not on someones side, i play for myself and struggle myself to reach top10 cuz of the alts, but thats the whole fun...

Apocalyptis
05-24-2023, 05:18 AM
no one said its easy but at least they would have gears to TRY, no one started as a pro

Nah.. nothing wrong about someone having op gear, he worked hard for it and everyone else needs to do as well for a placement in lb.

Let the 4k dex guy be first, but whats the point of him being 2nd, 3rd, 4th,.. and then you seeing him selling the lb rewards for 1.5billion each. I’m baffled that you think it’s okay. @Encryptions

Apocalyptis
05-24-2023, 05:29 AM
profit is not nearly close what u guys believe to be and if thats all u care about, just farm rahab for those 2 weeks, otherwise, git gud
this is not a grind event so u cant compare it to other events throughout the year and if u played any other games of any kind, like LoL, Dota, CS...u would know 1 player can make multiple accounts and take multiple top spots on the leaderboard AND be praised for being so good, make prizes bound or not, same players will still bring alts and what does it matter if they "profit" from it anyway? its the only difference left from being the best in the game and no, im not on someones side, i play for myself and struggle myself to reach top10 cuz of the alts, but thats the whole fun...

Those rankings are cumulative, not highest score/run

TurnBackTime
05-24-2023, 05:34 AM

Again, we do not say new players have to get temple top10 in the first week they started. im sure everyone knows, the more time u spend in game, the more u develop your character.
Why do u assume new players its about new players. we are talking about players who have gear even 3k+.

The #1 player is great at the game, and he got his place already, if he wants to go for more points to show he is much much better than the rest, then go ahead, get the highest point, second highest point, 3rd and so on... but that should be considered as a single person's rank and not multiple ranks on the lb.
They can be #2, #3, #4 but just receive 1 reward from the 10 given out for top10 solo. if the next person is at #5 then he should be the one to receive the 2nd top10 reward.

TurnBackTime
05-24-2023, 05:37 AM
encryptions, wat do u think will stop the players from going for alts?

LichKing1
05-24-2023, 05:37 AM
Those rankings are cumulative, not highest score/runboth represent being best player by skill, but alright, u can take an example in being the best speedrunner/highest scorer, from old arcade machines to modern speedrun lbs (any single player game, minecraft...) they have been designed so a single person can take multiple top spots

TurnBackTime
05-24-2023, 05:39 AM
both represent being best player by skill, but alright, u can take an example in being the best speedrunner/highest scorer, from old arcade machines to modern speedrun lbs (any single player game, minecraft...) they have been designed so a single person can take multiple top spots

asking curiously. not argument.
and they get multiple rewards? for each score?

LichKing1
05-24-2023, 05:50 AM
asking curiously. not argument.
and they get multiple rewards? for each score?as i said, its not about rewards, when rewards were bound it was the same thing, remove rewards completely and its still gonna be the same
if u want to invest 2 weeks for making profit, its way better to grind rahab as its guaranteed loot and u will even gain more, apox did not make 3b, idk if anybody paid more than 200m for that banner and he has been grinding all day for 2 weeks

TurnBackTime
05-24-2023, 05:59 AM
as i said, its not about rewards, when rewards were bound it was the same thing, remove rewards completely and its still gonna be the same
if u want to invest 2 weeks for making profit, its way better to grind rahab as its guaranteed loot and u will even gain more, apox did not make 3b, idk if anybody paid more than 200m for that banner and he has been grinding all day for 2 weeks

It is about the rewards tho... we are talking about rewards here. i wouldnt consider dota MMR as the ranks in al lb. i would consider the dota tournaments as the lb events in arcane legends.
im sure even u wont agree a dota team can get 2 rewards for their performance even if they are #1.

LichKing1
05-24-2023, 06:10 AM
It is about the rewards tho... we are talking about rewards here. i wouldnt consider dota MMR as the ranks in al lb. i would consider the dota tournaments as the lb events in arcane legends.
im sure even u wont agree a dota team can get 2 rewards for their performance even if they are #1.thats a tournament, not a leaderboard...its elimination based

TurnBackTime
05-24-2023, 06:26 AM
both represent being best player by skill, but alright, u can take an example in being the best speedrunner/highest scorer, from old arcade machines to modern speedrun lbs (any single player game, minecraft...) they have been designed so a single person can take multiple top spots

thats a tournament, not a leaderboard...its elimination based

But these are tournaments too. Al events are tournaments... These aint daily accumulate mmr points.

This is an event/ a tournament that lasts for 2 weeks duration. With top50 being the ones who qualified and top10 being the winners.

Only the qualified(ppl with gear/skill) try for top50. And 10 different people get to show they are top10.

LichKing1
05-24-2023, 06:40 AM
But these are tournaments too. Al events are tournaments... These aint daily accumulate mmr points.

This is an event/ a tournament that lasts for 2 weeks duration. With top50 being the ones who qualified and top10 being the winners.

Only the qualified(ppl with gear/skill) try for top50. And 10 different people get to show they are top10.this is not a tournament, its a race, theres no qualification, no filtering, u can borrow gear if thats what u need
i can agree on no alts allowed but then the lb should be just top10 with scaling prizes and not 50 since this game doesnt have enough players to be competitive for all 50 slots

Kystone
05-24-2023, 06:48 AM
I did it with 2.8k str and an above average ms set (that I don’t even use except for ss, arti, and bracelet) mobs literally die 1 shot so don’t make the gear excuse as always. If you wanna prevent them from getting multiple rewards, beat their score

Ilove_Poopoo
05-24-2023, 06:50 AM
Btw still waiting for an example of anything, where #1 person could take more spots (with valueable rewards!) this easy as: 1. Lvl up character, 2. Stash gear, 3. Equip gear, 4. Do placement, 5. RepeatSeasonal lbs are won by the same groups of people with shared gears and alts, despite of the rewards being bound, and has been happening since 2013. But Devs had always called it fair game every time it becomes a hot topic.

As seen from previous wave-based events, it's not like people would run less if rewards were bound. Temple events/Highest score events were always bound, but almost 90% of the people suddenly wanted lb rewards, in general, to be tradable, and so they did. Ironically, I see several of those people now saying make the rewards bound again. Also, it being tradable provides a healthy market for em as several wealthy people are interested to buy them from winners.

Personally, those people who want rewards bound are more selfish because they are just jealous of the competitive and skilled players to earn their hard-earned gold grinding the leaderboards, and are salty they can't get it themselves, and it restricts others from buying them from the actual winners.

Kudos! to whoever can mimic their score twice, thrice or more. Those players deserve their rankings. And to those who can't achieve it despite their top gears, then that's skill issue for them and they're undeserving of the rewards.

We should advocate for a more competitive leaderboard, and not the other way around.

TurnBackTime
05-24-2023, 06:51 AM
this is not a tournament, its a race, theres no qualification, no filtering, u can borrow gear if thats what u need
i can agree on no alts allowed but then the lb should be just top10 with scaling prizes and not 50 since this game doesnt have enough players to be competitive for all 50 slots

The qualification comes from the time they spend here. u can borrow gear for which u either need friends or need items/gold as compensation. people who are able to borrow gear/buy gear are the qualified ones.

it can be top10 top25 top50 with scaling rewards and no alts ig.
I agree , There are not enough players that are good at the game. but lets leave that to the players's play style. Let any person try and get watever he deserves instead of alts occupying the spots

UwU123
05-24-2023, 06:58 AM
Just make a reverse LB.
10 people who scores the worst by the end of the week gets the top10 rewards.

Fair game for anyone who wants to try xD

TurnBackTime
05-24-2023, 07:02 AM
Seasonal lbs are won by the same groups of people with shared gears and alts, despite of the rewards being bound, and has been happening since 2013. But Devs had always called it fair game every time it becomes a hot topic.

As seen from previous wave-based events, it's not like people would run less if rewards were bound. Temple events/Highest score events were always bound, but almost 90% of the people suddenly wanted lb rewards, in general, to be tradable, and so they did. Ironically, I see several of those people now saying make the rewards bound again. Also, it being tradable provides a healthy market for em as several wealthy people are interested to buy them from winners.

Personally, those people who want rewards bound are more selfish because they are just jealous of the competitive and skilled players to earn their hard-earned gold grinding the leaderboards, and are salty they can't get it themselves, and it restricts others from buying them from the actual winners.

Kudos! to whoever can mimic their score twice, thrice or more. Those players deserve their rankings. And to those who can't achieve it despite their top gears, then that's skill issue for them and they're undeserving of the rewards.

This is about highest score events.

The players who can do it once can definitely mimic thier score twice or thrice, why kudos them.
They do deserve thier ranks. so as u said, they can rightfully take the rewards per person/account(one reward in common for all character they placed on the lb). so the person who got the #1,#2,#3 spot with all their alts gets 1 price for his account. next person at #4 gets the 2nd price(2nd top10 reward).

Others with the skill issue, who cant figure out the best strategy, can take the spot they deserve too.

We should advocate for a more competitive leaderboard, and not the other way around.

We need competitive lb, competition among players. not alts.

frankcastle911
05-24-2023, 07:03 AM

The players who can do it once can definitely mimic thier score twice or thrice, why kudos them.
They do deserve thier ranks. so as u said, they can rightfully take the rewards per person/account(one for all character) that they deserve.

Others with the skill issue, who cant figure out the best strategy, can take the spot they deserve too.

We need competitive lb, competition among players. not alts.bro ur making no sense, ur taking both sides xD

Ilove_Poopoo
05-24-2023, 07:10 AM

They do deserve thier ranks. so as u said, they can rightfully take the rewards per person/account(one for all character) that they deserve.

We need competitive lb, competition among players. not alts.Ok, so by rewarding alts of 1 reward, you are making it rarer, hence, more valuable. This will really increase alts, thus, competition, so thank you for the suggestion.

Others with the skill issue, who cant figure out the best strategy, can take the spot they deserve too.They certainly do, just ain't sure if it would make the cut for lb though.

LichKing1
05-24-2023, 07:11 AM
The qualification comes from the time they spend here. u can borrow gear for which u either need friends or need items/gold as compensation. people who are able to borrow gear/buy gear are the qualified ones.

it can be top10 top25 top50 with scaling rewards and no alts ig.
I agree , There are not enough players that are good at the game. but lets leave that to the players's play style. Let any person try and get watever he deserves instead of alts occupying the spotsits 90% strategy and performance, 10% gear, im f2p and all gear i own i farmed since winter event till now and still scored top10 in temple, u use cheap items which stack stats per kills and by the time u reach wave 105, it didnt matter if u have 4.5k or 3.5k dex, it was more about which skills u use, how u pull, patience and precision, and its the same for this event, i have 4.5x speed gear which is nothing, mobs r squishy and its mostly about how u place traps, they need to be on pin-point precision which is hard especially since u dont have time to adjust
ofcourse there r more details put into the runs, all of which is hard to understand without experiencing

TurnBackTime
05-24-2023, 07:11 AM
bro ur making no sense, ur taking both sides xD

is it better now?

TurnBackTime
05-24-2023, 08:27 AM
Ok, so by rewarding alts of 1 reward, you are making it rarer, hence, more valuable. This will really increase alts, thus, competition, so thank you for the suggestion.

They certainly do, just ain't sure if it would make the cut for lb though.

This suggestion is to not have alts... Not increase competition with alts to use more alts.

All the players skill is wat decides the lb. Not one who decides to take everything with his alts.

Ilove_Poopoo
05-24-2023, 08:37 AM
This suggestion is to not have alts... Not increase competition with alts to use more alts.

All the players skill is wat decides the lb. Not one who decides to take everything with his alts.If ure bad, just say that.

TurnBackTime
05-24-2023, 08:42 AM
If ure bad, just say that.

So u wanna make this thread a personal rant?
Im not gonna go there.

1 person's skill/strat on multiple characters does not equal competition among players. Thats just 1 person

Ilove_Poopoo
05-24-2023, 08:46 AM
So u wanna make this thread a personal rant?
Im not gonna go there.

1 person's skill/strat on multiple characters does not equal competition among players. Thats just 1 personIts not just 1 person, if u actually play the game instead of thinking for another flawed rebuttal repeated by previous people, its alot.

Irg
05-24-2023, 08:47 AM
So why not just disable trading of gear when you are on lb?
It's not rocket science
Taking all top 10 spot with 1 2b op set? Thats bs unfair
Taking all top 10 spot with 10 different 2b op set? You know what? Fair enough you won

TurnBackTime
05-24-2023, 08:52 AM
Its not just 1 person, if u actually play the game than thinking of another flawed rebuttal.

I do play. I did manage the top10 seige.

Yes its not 1 person, a few more. I guess, 4 or more. But right now sorcerer lb is filled with multiple alts. Which is 1 person.
U are good. No denying. So you can take your single top10 reward for all those characters. Let the rest who are not as good as you get the #10 or #9 they should get, if your alts weren't there.

Ilove_Poopoo
05-24-2023, 09:06 AM
I do play. I did manage the top10 seige.

Yes its not 1 person, a few more. I guess, 4 or more. But right now sorcerer lb is filled with multiple alts. Which is 1 person.
U are good. No denying. So you can take your single top10 reward for all those characters. Let the rest who are not as good as you get the #10 or #9 they should get, if your alts weren't there.

Highly disagree, and for a good reason. Asking the Leaderboards to be less competitive is so illogical and moving backwards.

Furthermore, even if they cared, there isn't an effective method (themselves have said) without interfering with other aspects of the game that they or other players have suggested.

Everything are just rants or too far fetched, trying hard to screw over the remaining skilled/competitive left off this small game.

Apocalyptis
05-24-2023, 09:18 AM
If ure bad, just say that.

That’s what you use, when you run out of arguements? Cmon..

There is no damn reason for #1 to be able to get multiple rewards. Of course you are against it, since you highly profit from that, but at least don’t tell me that this is just right. Maybe for you.

Ilove_Poopoo
05-24-2023, 09:22 AM
That’s what you use, when you run out of arguements? Cmon..

There is no damn reason for #1 to be able to get multiple rewards. Of course you are against it, since you highly profit from that, but at least don’t tell me that this is just right. Maybe for you.

Wasn't trying. There isn't really a good arguememt.

Seemed like you decided to quote me on this comment to use the "ran out of argument" narrative, instead of the one I quoted on you above with all the rebuttals because u actually ran out.

TurnBackTime
05-24-2023, 09:39 AM
Asking the Leaderboards to be less competitive is so illogical and moving backwards.

No one is asking for competition to be lesser.
This would be the scenario with no alts. Say #1 is 468k points, #9 would be 388k points, #10 would be 387k points, #11 would be 386k points.
#11 is definitely gonna try to get the #10 because its very little difference.
There would be healthy competition among players.

making the lb rewards untradable would make multiple account people to not pass it to their main account.

Making the reward one for 1 account (even with 5 alts) would be rewarding for thier skill and make sure others get the reward for the 4 spots that was occupied by alts.

I think personally, people who like to take multiple spots on the lb are the selfish ones. Because they greed and wanna take it all to prove they are better than the rest.
Them being better was already proven with thier highest points. But they still choose to play multiple alts and take from the ones who are the actual winners.
The ones who dont get the lb spot they deserve are salty because thier spot was stolen by the alt of the #1 person.

pentaboom
05-24-2023, 09:43 AM
running LB twice on same class is too much… please do a clean up for this, some just change a single letter to their ign.
if you are already in the top of your class, we know that your good, but doing it twice… something is wrong in you?!

would suggest that if you want to run multiple, please run on different class type, 1 mage 1 rog 1 war that would be fair.

Jemstroyer
05-24-2023, 09:57 AM
Twilight temple in warrior solo LB had player1 had 3spots player2 had 2spots and player3 had 2spots for top10 rewards. Call that fair :)

pentaboom
05-24-2023, 10:03 AM
Twilight temple in warrior solo LB had player1 had 3spots player2 had 2spots and player3 had 2spots for top10 rewards. Call that fair :)

lol lb exploitation... pls fix!

Ilove_Poopoo
05-24-2023, 10:14 AM
No one is asking for competition to be lesser.
This would be the scenario with no alts. Say #1 is 468k points, #9 would be 388k points, #10 would be 387k points, #11 would be 386k points.
#11 is definitely gonna try to get the #10 because its very little difference.
There would be healthy competition among players.

making the lb rewards untradable would make multiple account people to not pass it to their main account.

Making the reward one for 1 account (even with 5 alts) would be rewarding for thier skill and make sure others get the reward for the 4 spots that was occupied by alts.

I think personally, people who like to take multiple spots on the lb are the selfish ones. Because they greed and wanna take it all to prove they are better than the rest.
Them being better was already proven with thier highest points. But they still choose to play multiple alts and take from the ones who are the actual winners.
The ones who dont get the lb spot they deserve are salty because thier spot was stolen by the alt of the #1 person.That will literally lessen competition, how can you not notice?

Also, Devs have said and I quote "but we can't treat all accounts from the same IP as the same person (family members, internet cafes, etc.). We can't even treat all accounts from the same device as the same person (family members sharing a device)." so your system is already flawed.

So you want to make rewards bound, and as a result it will:

- Give no chance to other players who wants to buy them.
- Screw over the little remaining good players from an income source. As well as other Top50 players who wanted to sell their rewards.
- Lessen competition for others, because they're now stuck with them forever with no option to sell and that greatly affects their decision of not participating anymore.

So, who really is selfish? You're punishing the decisions and potential competitions of hundreds of runners because you're mad over a few players who are using their skill to their advantage, and in the process, promote the leaderboard to be more competitive.

Apocalyptis
05-24-2023, 10:45 AM
That will literally lessen competition, how can you not notice?

Also, Devs have said and I quote "but we can't treat all accounts from the same IP as the same person (family members, internet cafes, etc.). We can't even treat all accounts from the same device as the same person (family members sharing a device)." so your system is already flawed.

So you want to make rewards bound, and as a result it will:

- Give no chance to other players who wants to buy them.
- Screw over the little remaining good players from an income source. As well as other Top50 players who wanted to sell their rewards.
- Lessen competition for others, because they're now stuck with them forever with no option to sell and that greatly affects their decision of not participating anymore.

So, who really is selfish? You're punishing the decisions and potential competitions of hundreds of runners because you're mad over a few players who are using their skill to their advantage, and in the process, promote the leaderboard to be more competitive.

Lessen competition? Are you sane? There will be competing 2-3 ppl with alts in top10 now, instead of 10 different accounts as it should be. Income source that is made of exploiting alts in lb? Such a “good” player, that would everyone surely miss. Why do bound rewards bother you so much? Leaderboard would be competetive even with bound ones. It is basically punishing those few #1 runners, who would place alts just for personal profit and manipulating. Seems like you are one of them. Other players wouldn’t care, cause this way they wouldn’t get the reward anyways.
Oh wait… maybe buy from you for 3bil/set?.. go to hell with that.

robetbee
05-24-2023, 10:54 AM
Lessen competition? Are you sane? There will be competing 2-3 ppl with alts in top10 now, instead of 10 different accounts as it should be. Income source that is made of exploiting alts in lb? Such a “good” player, that would everyone surely miss. Why do bound rewards bother you so much? Leaderboard would be competetive even with bound ones. It is basically punishing those few #1 runners, who would place alts just for personal profit and manipulating. Seems like you are one of them. Other players wouldn’t care, cause this way they wouldn’t get the reward anyways.
Oh wait… maybe buy from you for 3bil/set?.. go to hell with that.Well said mate, these guy with alt is nuts & dont want to be calling greedy [emoji1787]

Irg
05-24-2023, 11:12 AM
When the cost of getting 10 lb rewards is basically the same as getting 1
Who wouldn't get all 10? Don't call them greedy, fix the system that allows such exploits

Ploid
05-24-2023, 11:22 AM
Those rankings are cumulative, not highest score/runThose ranking shows your skills. Which is AL equivalent of wealth (plus a bit of skill incase of temple-like events).

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Apocalyptis
05-24-2023, 11:30 AM
Those ranking shows your skills. Which is AL equivalent of wealth (plus a bit of skill incase of temple-like events).

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::bigg rin:

Ploid
05-24-2023, 11:31 AM
There's no way STS can tackle this. Bigger companies have tried, there isn't a way around it.

People naturally love flaunting whatever they have. Whether it be skills or gold, or a mixture of both.

You can't IP restrict players and restricting player inventory in a game which is all about trading and player economy isn't a smart idea.

Making the rewards bound wouldn't change much either. People would take up multiple spots just to show off. It's human nature.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

gunstick
05-24-2023, 11:33 AM
It's funny how everyone is talking about the same person getting multiple lb rewards.

Literally no one stops you from getting 3k+ stats gears and occupy multiple spots on lb..... and if you say that you don't have enough time or you have social life then you better not talk about top players who spend so many years to reach that level.

If you think you are as good as top players then show it and steal all the spots from top players.

Sent from my RMX3381 using Tapatalk

TurnBackTime
05-24-2023, 11:51 AM
It's funny how everyone is talking about the same person getting multiple lb rewards.

Literally no one stops you from getting 3k+ stats gears and occupy multiple spots on lb..... and if you say that you don't have enough time or you have social life then you better not talk about top players who spend so many years to reach that level.

If you think you are as good as top players then show it and steal all the spots from top players.

Sent from my RMX3381 using Tapatalk

yea. not 3k+ gear. even lesser can make it to top10

compete against the #1 top player. just not 10 of himself

Ilove_Poopoo
05-24-2023, 11:52 AM
Oh wait… maybe buy from you for 3bil/set?.. go to hell with that.
Now, who's Idea was it to make em tradable? Where were you when people made threads making them tradable? And with enough feedback and good reception they reverted back to tradable rewards because it promotes activity and competitiveness, stated by them after the Winter Event. Furthermore, it provides lb players options to do with their rewards, and those decided not to participate can conveniently buy them, a win-win. Whereas you want this reverted because you're salty from a small demographic playing by the rules.

You're talking to the wrong person bud. Bound rewards don't bother me, otherwise, I wouldn't have already owned several of them from previous lbs, personally I don't mind. However, because people now have the option to sell it, it increases competition. But rather, I find it funny ya'll want it bound for a different reason. I can see several people here rn literally ranting because they have missed their spot.

Maybe if people would actually play more than their mouths, then there wouldn't only be 2-3 ppl with alts as u claimed, this proves that the system isn't broken at all but rather the people wanting to be spoon-fed. It's so sad honestly, and you want it to be easier than it already is?

devilMors
05-24-2023, 12:10 PM
There is no such discussion for Ursoth, Winter or any other event that require long lasting score farming until the end of the event. Even if some players can have more than one spot in lb, noone would complain about it because it is earned by hard work. Plus, anyone can take a spot in leaderboard as long as they farm hard enough which makes those events more popular among players. Being popular among only few players and almost impossibility for average players to take a spot in leaderboard are the main issues in which most of the players complain about for Temple kind of events.

I like the idea of having a leaderboard which shows the highest scores and gives rewards to them. However, there is a need for change for such events to make them more popular and compatible for more players. So, here is my idea:

- Having 2 leaderboards. While the current score system will remain which gives rewards to whom scored the highest, there will be another leaderboard which will require farming hard just like Ursoth or Winter events. How is that going to work? Let us say, one group scored 475k in one run in Strongold Siege. They will get 45 points. The more they score, the more points they will take. So, if a player runs 10 rounds scoring 475k in each run will get 450 points. In the end, who got more points will get the rewards just like Ursoth or Winter.

I am not suggesting making different rewards for those 2 leaderboards. What I suggest is while the leaderboard showing the highest score will grant the winners the Titles because a title describes someone's position, the leaderboard showing the highest points will grant the winners vanities.

p.s. For Temple, the point based leaderboard will be calculated on each wave. When a player passes a wave, s/he will get 1 point. The more waves s/he reaches, the more points s/he will get for each wave. Let us say for 1-100 waves player will get 1 point for each wave and for 101-200 waves player will get 1,25 points for each wave and so on.

Apocalyptis
05-24-2023, 12:27 PM
Now, who's Idea was it to make em tradable? Where were you when people made threads making them tradable? And with enough feedback and good reception they reverted back to tradable rewards because it promotes activity and competitiveness, stated by them after the Winter Event. Furthermore, it provides lb players options to do with their rewards, and those decided not to participate can conveniently buy them, a win-win. Whereas you want this reverted because you're salty from a small demographic playing by the rules.

You're talking to the wrong person bud. Bound rewards don't bother me, otherwise, I wouldn't have already owned several of them from previous lbs, personally I don't mind. However, because people now have the option to sell it, it increases competition. But rather, I find it funny ya'll want it bound for a different reason. I can see several people here rn literally ranting because they have missed their spot.

Maybe if people would actually play more than their mouths, then there wouldn't only be 2-3 ppl with alts as u claimed, this proves that the system isn't broken at all but rather the people wanting to be spoon-fed. It's so sad honestly, and you want it to be easier than it already is?

1. So you don’t see the difference between temple-like events and cumulative lbs. Alright..

2. I wasn’t here, when those threads were up, therefore i wasnt involved in it at all. I have nothing against tradeable rewards in cumulative points’ lbs anyway.

3. This exactly proves that it is broken. In this system it will always be 2-3 players, no matter how good the 4th,5th,.. will be. Whats the meaning of lb being top10 then?

4. For 100th time, i dont want it to be easy, just less exploitable and more reflective of what it should show :)

Ilove_Poopoo
05-24-2023, 12:42 PM
1. So you don’t see the difference between temple-like events and cumulative lbs. Alright..

2. I wasn’t here, when those threads were up, therefore i wasnt involved in it at all. I have nothing against tradeable rewards in cumulative points’ lbs anyway.

3. This exactly proves that it is broken. In this system it will always be 2-3 players, no matter how good the 4th,5th,.. will be. Whats the meaning of lb being top10 then?

4. For 100th time, i dont want it to be easy, just less exploitable and more reflective of what it should show :)

4.) Alts bring in the competition. The leaderboards would look so dull and dumb without, no competition. But since you advocate otherwise, you're wanting it to be less competitive.

3.) If the top10 definition is whats confusing u, and Sts has, numerous times acknowledged and calls it fair game.

Then, do you then accept all this if they labelled it as, "Seige event (Alts Allowed)"?

1.) The only difference is no one would cry in cumulative events because individuals hibernate whilst running a 0 braincells map for weeks.

Whereas, for wave events its fast-paced, and it involves all senses, reflexes and concentration - people suddenly call out the skilled players for basically winner their spots. It all roots back of players wanting to be spoon-fed, exert the minimum for maximum returns. Case and point.

for the 50th time, its a leaderboads for god sake. Ya'll really walking backwards wanting this to change instead of thriving, and to excel for higher.

But you do you. My last reply. I'm repeating myself. Maybe ya'll should open the game more than the forums, and maybe a couple more of thinking would arrive to the strategy that will make the cut.

Otherwise, just play tictactoe
https://playtictactoe.org/

Or, if ya'll mistook the game leaderboard as charity, then I'll redirect you to the correct one.
https://www.savethechildren.org/

Titanium
05-24-2023, 01:04 PM
And all that gear passed from one to another.

This type of events should be done using an universal type of gear.

Xyv.io
05-24-2023, 07:27 PM
I've said this in the past temple event too, this is unfair that 1 guy can easily take all the spots on lb, this isn't about competition and this is straight bs.
I'm not ok with this just because 1 guy can have 2 or more lb rewards.
Tbh events with lb like temple should have non tradeable rewards, this will easily solve the problem. Also it'll give easy identification for most op players in game(cuz they can't sell their rewards to someone else)

TurnBackTime
05-24-2023, 07:33 PM
4.) Alts bring in the competition. The leaderboards would look so dull and dumb without, no competition. But since you advocate otherwise, you're wanting it to be less competitive.

3.) If the top10 definition is whats confusing u, and Sts has, numerous times acknowledged and calls it fair game.

Then, do you then accept all this if they labelled it as, "Seige event (Alts Allowed)"?

1.) The only difference is no one would cry in cumulative events because individuals hibernate whilst running a 0 braincells map for weeks.

Whereas, for wave events its fast-paced, and it involves all senses, reflexes and concentration - people suddenly call out the skilled players for basically winner their spots. It all roots back of players wanting to be spoon-fed, exert the minimum for maximum returns. Case and point.

for the 50th time, its a leaderboads for god sake. Ya'll really walking backwards wanting this to change instead of thriving, and to excel for higher.

But you do you. My last reply. I'm repeating myself. Maybe ya'll should open the game more than the forums, and maybe a couple more of thinking would arrive to the strategy that will make the cut.

Otherwise, just play tictactoe
https://playtictactoe.org/

Or, if ya'll mistook the game leaderboard as charity, then I'll redirect you to the correct one.
https://www.savethechildren.org/

So you compete against your own alt.
This is the rankings im suggesting. u can compete against your own alt and if your alt is #1 #2 #3 #5, then let the #4 person be the 2nd one to recieve the 2nd reward out of 10 top10 rewards. U can recieve one reward(out of 10) in total for all your 4 alts. And so the serial numbers do not mean rank. Rank would be based on the next individual account/player who scores the next highest. So u get 10 individual winners in total with alts still on the lb.

Sts labelled it fair. There u go again. And here we are telling them it is unfair and to change it. Because we are sharing our suggestion from the perspective of many of the players and not from the perspective of just one or few top players using the alts.

Wave based events are only for the skilled, yes. So let the skilled show off with thier highest score. And let the lesser skilled be in the ranking where ever they fit. Even if its #10 with not a #1 player occupying 4-5 spots.

U keep saying leaderboards aren't a charity. When alts take it, it looks more like charity, Leaderboards just offering them all the spots because they have the best skill.
Compete against your best times, dont make multiple of yourself to compete with others.

sixzy
05-24-2023, 07:41 PM
competing with his own alts/toon… susmaryosep! lmao!

if LB can not be fixed… for this kind of events
+1 make it a universal gears… so they cannot pass their op gear to their alt/toons

TurnBackTime
05-24-2023, 09:25 PM
Right now the lb doesnt have an alt detection
But for ignoring a player there is an alt check.
Maybe that can be done for these highest score events.

To make sure the alts are counted as 1 account and the highest score from one of the alts gets to be on lb.

And bound rewards only for these highest score events. So if alts were counted as one, people dont go out of thier way to play on another account and trade the winning reward to their main account.

Bound rewards will stop the ones who do multiple characters on the lb just to sell the items.

And ilove_poopoo said, he would do alts even if the rewards were bound.
If alts are from one account not from another account then One reward in common in stash or on the highest scored alt.

Im not sure why he wants to take it on himself to increase the competition by playing with his alts from different account and competing with his own account alts.
If the reason why he wants to increase competition is because he wants to prevent other lesser skilled players from getting the top10 then thats why this thread was started. To make it fair for those who cant beat #1 but are still good enough.

Lim Weibin
05-24-2023, 10:16 PM
Just make LB rewards bound for future events similar to temple e.g.

pentaboom
05-25-2023, 12:05 AM
just create "self lb" event
were account alts / toons can compete with each others

this is what they want... lol

peace

takotako
05-25-2023, 11:19 PM
thats good too but, i think it would be much better if rewards were just untradeable, not only for fairness but also for the sake of economy

Sent from my SM-A125F using TapatalkAgree, this might not make sense but i think we need more genuine LB runners and not just "gold-drive" runners

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

Jemstroyer
05-27-2023, 06:15 AM
You should check now on all class solo lb if there is no alt. I bet theres 2 or more...

mikesito
05-27-2023, 06:33 PM
What about if you make all equipment one time use, like when you equip it once, only your acc can equip it in order to equip it with a alt you'll need to buy like x amount of "Perfume", imagine you need 5/5 to unlock a wep, which could cost 25m to act as a slightly gold sink. For example let us say you buy a clean maul (the seller looted it from event, he didn't opened it) the wep would be unlocked then if i equipped it, it would become "locked" this means other users could not use it but they can trade it to merch or anything. This feature is running perfectly on many mmorpg games, such as nostale, eastmile, nosvoid and many others.

Delouis Ball
05-27-2023, 08:33 PM
Terrible idea.

I know this will probably get lost in the comments but sometimes when I’m home alone I like to go out in my garden and cover myself with dirt and pretend I’m a carrot.

Blvckvxmpy
05-27-2023, 09:36 PM
Garbage idea, shouldn’t even affect you anyways since you have “1x of every lb set” anyways remember ? 😂 🤡

GucciBang
05-27-2023, 09:39 PM
That was the biggest joke I've ever read

Enviado de meu SM-M526B usando o Tapatalk

Blvckvxmpy
05-27-2023, 09:55 PM
That was the biggest joke I've ever read

Enviado de meu SM-M526B usando o Tapatalk

There’s a bigger joke read his posts, he claims to have 1 of every LB set including ghost Medusa golem mummy, but all 5 owners of ghost Medusa are active and playing so how does he have one 🤣

leiyo
05-29-2023, 03:36 AM
Please do something about this fr, it's supposedly top 10 players right? not top 3 players and their 7 alts.. lol

Undershooting
05-31-2023, 08:55 PM
Leave it as it is, if someone is good enough to get all 10 spots, fair play to them

Kystone
06-01-2023, 01:07 AM
lol yeah I changed my mind, I get second hand embarrassment seeing more than 2 alts

Ryu_evin
06-01-2023, 01:19 AM
Too many alts

Sent from my RMX3081 using Tapatalk

Xyv.io
06-01-2023, 01:34 AM
Leave it as it is, if someone is good enough to get all 10 spots, fair play to them

You know it's very easy to make multiple lvl81 characters right? It's not even hard work. Just a way to cheese multiple prizes. Stop being dumb

TurnBackTime
06-01-2023, 01:59 AM
people keep adding more and more alts because sts doesnt deal with them.
atleast have an option to report for alt farming and lb exploitation. And then the reported players can be dealt with in a suitable way. A ban for duration of event, like u do for other events lb exploits

Ilove_Poopoo
06-01-2023, 02:07 AM
people keep adding more and more alts because sts doesnt deal with them.
atleast have an option to report for alt farming and lb exploitation. And then the reported players can be dealt with in a suitable way. A ban for duration of event, like u do for other events lb exploitsBanned for? Have u read the remarks saying they allow this and its all fair game for now?

Maybe if players focused on actually playing the game more than their mouths, then they probably would've had a higher chance knowing more. But instead, blame the players who are giving their all in playing.

TurnBackTime
06-01-2023, 02:19 AM
Banned for? Have u read the remarks saying they allow this and its all fair game for now?

Maybe if players focused on actually playing the game more than their mouths, then they probably would've had a higher chance knowing more. But instead, blame the players who are giving their all in playing.

My last reply.

didnt u say, u were done with this thread and have said ur last words? somehow the word ban triggers u to come and reply here again.
Cuz of ur 7+ alts in the top10 solo lb?
Afraid of getting banned and losing all top10 rewards?

Ilove_Poopoo
06-01-2023, 02:20 AM
didnt u say, u were done with this thread and have said ur last words? somehow the word ban triggers u to come and reply here again.
Cuz of ur 7+ alts in the top10 solo lb?
Afraid of getting banned and losing all top10 rewards?Ban for playing by the rules?

Make ur own game if u wanna enforce ur own rules.

TurnBackTime
06-01-2023, 02:21 AM
Banned for? Have u read the remarks saying they allow this and its all fair game for now?

probably going all out on the number of alts because of this thread.
To show that u can take more and more.

And these alts only decrease competition which is the exact opposite of what the devs would want. Other players are discouraged by the alts on the lb.
If #1 player or top few players are gonna take all the spots, whats the use of trying to run event when in the end u cant get the top10 because of alts.
The best strat is known by the top players but let the others do what they can/whatever is possible.

TurnBackTime
06-01-2023, 02:23 AM
Ban for playing by the rules?

Make ur own game if u wanna enforce ur own rules.

ban word does triggers u. not permanent though, just for the duration of the event and at the end of it to remove ur alts from lb.

And again, we are here telling them its unfair and to change the rules by the request of the majority of players .

TurnBackTime
06-01-2023, 02:28 AM
Question to devs, what was the best score in solo of each class, group lb when this event was tested

Ilove_Poopoo
06-01-2023, 02:32 AM
ban word does triggers u. not permanent though, just for the duration of the event and at the end of it to remove ur alts from lb.

And again, we are here telling them its unfair and to change the rules by the request of the majority of players .

Doesn't change the fact that I'm playing by the rules. Why are you here? You definitely have more screen-on time in the forums than the actual game itself. Wasn't expecting much from a keyboard warrior anyways. All talk. Again, make your own game to enforce ur own rules.

Thank you, next.

TurnBackTime
06-01-2023, 02:39 AM
Doesn't change the fact that I'm playing by the rules. Why are you here? You definitely have more screen-on time in the forums than the actual game itself. Wasn't expecting much from a keyboard warrior anyways. All talk. Again, make your own game to enforce ur own rules.

Thank you, next.

i do play a lot.
Me playing the event isnt going to convey my thoughts directly to the developers.
Opinions/suggestions shared here about the game is what makes the game improve in a direction that players of the game would appreciate.

TurnBackTime
06-01-2023, 02:43 AM
Doesn't change the fact that I'm playing by the rules.

are u scared the report option for this alt lb exploitation is gonna be brought into the game.

You are playing by the rules, but excessive. with the amount of alts u have, it should come under griefing other players.

Ilove_Poopoo
06-01-2023, 02:48 AM
are u scared the report option for this alt lb exploitation is gonna be brought into the game.

You are playing by the rules, but excessive. with the amount of alts u have, it should come under griefing other players.I'm definitely talking to some broken record.

Making myself clear. If they tolerate it then alts are ok. It has been happening since 2013 with every lb ever.

If they no longer allow alts for succeeding events, then u wouldn't see alts. As we speak, we know for a fact that they tolerate it, and so it happens. Do u understand?

Its so simple really, didn't have to make it so complicated.

TurnBackTime
06-01-2023, 02:59 AM
I'm definitely talking to some broken record.

Making myself clear. If they tolerate it then alts are ok. It has been happening since 2013 with every lb ever.

If they no longer allow alts for succeeding events, then u wouldn't see alts. As we speak, we know for a fact that they tolerate it, and so it happens. Do u understand?

Its so simple really, didn't have to make it so complicated.

alts are allowed till now. i got that. its clear. i said u were playing by the rules. you are the one repeating the words.

im sharing opinion on what can be done to prevent alts. if alts were removed or if devs considered removing alts.

This can be a potential solution for the alts. Reporting for lb monopolization.
Alts from different accounts have to be considered too. Maybe checking gears passed and device/IP used after the report.

If a player is reported for lb monopolization, then after investigation, alts can be removed and the highest score from the player can stay on lb. So by the end of event, the player gets his reward for being one of the best and other players can take their rewards.

TurnBackTime
06-01-2023, 03:07 AM
and as we speak im sure u are making more alts on 2x xp day to hog on the lb.
griefing more players and reducing competition in an event that is supposed to be competitive among the ones with good gears.

frankcastle911
06-01-2023, 03:14 AM
tbh u cant blame a skillful player why he does on several alts, i bet everyone would do the same, but on the other hand some players deserve a chance

Kystone
06-01-2023, 05:30 AM
Bro’s still justifying himself trying to prove nothing lol

LichKing1
06-01-2023, 05:53 AM
and as we speak im sure u are making more alts on 2x xp day to hog on the lb.
griefing more players and reducing competition in an event that is supposed to be competitive among the ones with good gears.he is barely few points ahead from others, its definitely creating suspense as its hard to keep all the alts above the line when theres 10 other players breathing on your neck, he deserves the spots if he pulls thro
its not some super complicated event and we have been given plenty of time, all top 10 scores r within minimum distance, thats pure competition, heating each other to play more, alts or no alts
idm if devs decide to forbid alts, its just gonna be extra work for them with no big difference, only truly unhappy players r those who cant even smell top10 (i have only 1 alt in, before u say anything about that lol)

Kystone
06-01-2023, 05:57 AM
he is barely few points ahead from others, its definitely creating suspense as its hard to keep all the alts above the line when theres 10 other players breathing on your neck, he deserves the spots if he pulls thro
its not some super complicated event and we have been given plenty of time, all top 10 scores r within minimum distance, thats pure competition, heating each other to play more, alts or no alts
idm if devs decide to forbid alts, its just gonna be extra work for them with no big difference, only truly unhappy players r those who cant even smell top10 (i have only 1 alt in, before u say anything about that lol)

Competition? He’s competing with who? The 2 ppl who ran mage?

LichKing1
06-01-2023, 06:12 AM
Competition? He’s competing with who? The 2 ppl who ran mage?all those 459-463, some of them r my friends and i see them play all day, its just 1k pts difference

TurnBackTime
06-01-2023, 06:24 AM
nah, right now its just 4 mages with 1 trying his best to make it 2 mages top10

Apocalyptis
06-01-2023, 06:24 AM
As of now, 6 hours before end, there is 14 individual accounts in top 10 through out all classes.
Lets see, how it evolves even more :)

This is just sorcerer top 10 lb, funny how one can say that it works just right.

TurnBackTime
06-01-2023, 06:26 AM
Another suggestion would be like racing event.
In racing event, there are 2 separate lbs. One to count the accumulated points and the other to check the best times. The best racing times lb does not give any rewards. the accumulated points lb gives top10 rewards.

Highest-score-event can be similar.
1 lb where there is only one character per account on the lb with highest score from the account.
and this lb can be the one where the top10 rewards are given out. So different accounts get the reward.
2nd lb is with the best points including alts. this lb doesnt give rewards. so a person can make as many alts as he wants, compete against his own points to take all the 50 spots on the lb.

But again alts from different accounts(same player with different accounts) can be dealt with by Reporting for lb monopolization.

TurnBackTime
06-01-2023, 06:28 AM
not any different in the warr lb either.
Filled with alts.

Rog the same but fewer alts per person

LichKing1
As of now, 6 hours before end, there is 14 individual accounts in top 10 through out all classes.

This is just sorcerer top 10 lb, funny how one can say that it works just right.
257068i only know its 7 in rogs, ig 4 in mages as u say (but there r 2 friends one step away, Dirty and Bunshee and they were playing group till now so...prepare for surprises) and idk how many wars but seems more than 3

Kystone

Keyku and mind/noobcreator/ cave whatever are the same person as well

Ilove_Poopoo
06-01-2023, 06:47 AM
Ironic, certain people who suddenly dislike the idea of alts are butthurt some of their friends can't manage it, when they themselves currently have alts in it rn. Hypocrite at its finest.

Apocalyptis
06-01-2023, 06:54 AM
Butthurt or not, it clearly shouldn’t work like this :) doesn’t take much to see that

LichKing1
06-01-2023, 06:57 AM
just make the lb be top3 with increasing prizes for higher spot as thats how it should be^^

Kystone
06-01-2023, 06:58 AM
Ironic, certain people who suddenly dislike the idea of alts are butthurt some of their friends can't manage it, when they themselves currently have alts in it rn. Hypocrite at its finest.

That’s why I said more than 2 😊

Ilove_Poopoo
06-01-2023, 06:59 AM
That’s why I said more than 2 [emoji4]It's convenient for you to say when you exactly have that amount. Can't find a more fitting definition of a double standard than this. 🥱

Ya'll better have that same principle on Timed.

Kystone
06-01-2023, 07:07 AM
It's convenient for you to say when you exactly have that amount. Can't find a more fitting definition of a double standard than this. 🥱

Ya'll better have that same principle on Timed.

There is quite literally no reason for 5-6 chars on 10 spots, timed has over 100 and nothing to do with this. Have some shame

Ilove_Poopoo
06-01-2023, 07:12 AM
There is quite literally no reason for 5-6 chars on 10 spots, timed has over 100 and nothing to do with this. Have some shame

Turning a blind eye on Hauntlet, Shuyal Arena? So it becomes suddenly ok for those leaderboards for you guys? Can't believe you'll be the one to say this. Ironic.

Kystone
06-01-2023, 07:18 AM
Turning a blind eye on Hauntlet, Shuyal Arena? So it becomes suddenly ok for those leaderboards for you guys? Can't believe you'll be the one to say this. Ironic.

“You guys” 🙄 I used 2 alts or something and literally no one cares about arena. Stop trying to justify 5 alts on an event lb. It’s sad

TurnBackTime
06-01-2023, 07:20 AM
yea 2 alts is still alt.

Just suggest some ideas to stop the alts if u dont support it.

Looks like Ilove_Poopoo also doesnt support alts on lb, although different lb

Ilove_Poopoo
06-01-2023, 07:21 AM
“You guys” [emoji849] I used 2 alts or something and literally no one cares about arena. Stop trying to justify 5 alts on an event lb. It’s sadWe've alrdy established that you're a hypocrite? yes we know you have 2 alts, and thats exactly what the thread is protesting against?

Kystone
06-01-2023, 07:27 AM
We've alrdy established that you're a hypocrite? yes we know you have 2 alts, and thats exactly what the thread is protesting against?

U know what he means, it’s not rocket science. Stop trying to use that as a justification

Ilove_Poopoo
06-01-2023, 07:30 AM
U know what he means, it’s not rocket science. Stop trying to use that as a justification

The mere fact that you have more than 1 toon in the leaderboards, along with the rest of your team while spewing all this, aren't you cringing yourself reading your own statements?

You're justifying that 2 are okay. Because that's how many you are capable of bringing. You've always had at least 5 on other lbs with no problem. What exactly are you fighting for?

Kystone
06-01-2023, 07:34 AM
The mere fact that you have more than 1 toon in the leaderboards, along with the rest of your team while spewing all this, aren't you cringing yourself reading your own statements?

You're justifying that 2 are okay. Because that's how many you are capable of bringing. You've always had at least 5 on other lbs with no problem. What exactly are you fighting for?

Still defending your 6 chars on an event lb lol, it’s like talking to a brick wall

Ilove_Poopoo
06-01-2023, 07:36 AM
Still defending your 6 chars on an event lb lol, it’s like talking to a brick wall

You can't be the one saying that while having alts in rn. At least I'm sticking by my principle. Stop clowning yourself. You are the definition of what a hypocrite is.

TurnBackTime
06-01-2023, 07:41 AM
please dont make devs delete this thread. looks like thats where u are headed

Kystone
06-01-2023, 07:43 AM
You can't be the one saying that while having alts in rn. At least I'm sticking by my principle. Stop clowning yourself. You are the definition of what a hypocrite is.

I know I am, gotta take advantage 🤷*♀️ +1 disabling all alts in lb

Ilove_Poopoo
06-01-2023, 07:45 AM
I know I am, gotta take advantage ��*♀️ +1 disabling all alts in lbThat's what I thought, cheers.

frankcastle911
06-01-2023, 08:09 AM
lmao wtf 6 alts touch some grass bro

asommers
06-01-2023, 10:35 AM
I've reviewed the contents of this thread and we aren't going to change things for Stronghold Siege, but we'll need to design a better leaderboard structure for high-score events.

Our current plan is to keep event rewards tradable.

Regardless of whether or not you agree, we have the following requirements and must design a system that takes all of this into account:
* Leaderboard rewards are tradable
* Players have multiple characters
* Players have multiple accounts
* Players can share devices
* Players can share IPs

Unfortunately, we're not going to get around multiple characters per account or multiple accounts per player, so in the future, maybe there are no rewards for high score leaderboards, just bragging rights (we did this for racing). For rewards, we can add an additional point accumulation leaderboard to high score events. This way, a player splitting time between multiple accounts/characters will not be able to stay at the top of the leaderboard.

I appreciate the feedback!

-ALS

Apocalyptis
06-01-2023, 10:46 AM
Thanks for replying to this thread!
I’m sure you’ll find a way to make it less exploitable.

Goodbye y’all, thanks for discussion. :)