PDA

View Full Version : Help with stats/skills?

Thrrash
09-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Are there specific skills I should avoid leveling up as a Commando, and ones I shouldn't? Also what stats should I upgrade for a Commando?

On a totally unrelated note, can any of the items for the cash shop be traded?

Battlegrinder
09-22-2012, 01:16 PM
For stat points, I think it works best if you put everything into STR.

Don't put any points into force hammer. It's outclassed by all other taunt skills.
I would also not recommend singularity. You can develop a commando build that works with it (I know Zero built his Commando to use it), but IMO Singularity work counter to most other commando skills, and most other skills are a better place to put the points. Its not a bad skill, but its not one that beginners should use, because its a easy to screw things up with it.

For Skills that you should put points into:
You'll need at least one taunt skill. I use and would advise Graviton Slam, but Back Breaker is a viable choice. If you use BB, make sure you have some kind of knockdown skill, as BB has a combo ability that activates when you use it on a knocked down enemy.
Increase Mass and Growing rage are great skills to have, with Mass being a vital skill for tanking.
Neutron Stomp and Gravity well are must haves, but you don't need to max them out immediately, just a few points in each is fine.

I'd say these 5 skills are the must-haves, and you can go to my guide or one of the more specialized commando skill guides to figure out what other skills to use.

For the unrelated note: If you buy it for platinum, it can't be traded. Anything that drops or is bought for credits is usually tradable.

Thrrash
09-22-2012, 01:28 PM
For stat points, I think it works best if you put everything into STR.

Don't put any points into force hammer. It's outclassed by all other taunt skills.
I would also not recommend singularity. You can develop a commando build that works with it (I know Zero built his Commando to use it), but IMO Singularity work counter to most other commando skills, and most other skills are a better place to put the points. Its not a bad skill, but its not one that beginners should use, because its a easy to screw things up with it.

For Skills that you should put points into:
You'll need at least one taunt skill. I use and would advise Graviton Slam, but Back Breaker is a viable choice. If you use BB, make sure you have some kind of knockdown skill, as BB has a combo ability that activates when you use it on a knocked down enemy.
Increase Mass and Growing rage are great skills to have, with Mass being a vital skill for tanking.
Neutron Stomp and Gravity well are must haves, but you don't need to max them out immediately, just a few points in each is fine.

I'd say these 5 skills are the must-haves, and you can go to my guide or one of the more specialized commando skill guides to figure out what other skills to use.

For the unrelated note: If you buy it for platinum, it can't be traded. Anything that drops or is bought for credits is usually tradable.

Awesome thank you very much. It auto put a point into force hammer, when I get a few extra plat ill reset it. How many skills can I have on my skill bar at once?

Battlegrinder
09-22-2012, 01:31 PM
Awesome thank you very much. It auto put a point into force hammer, when I get a few extra plat ill reset it. How many skills can I have on my skill bar at once?

You can have a maximum of eight skill in the hotbar. I'd recommend putting skills that are frequently used together (like Gravity Well and Neutron Stomp) in the same part of the hotbar, so you don't waste time switching to the other section of the bar.

Thrrash
09-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Alright, thanks for you help again! :D