PDA

View Full Version : Help with skills/stats?

Thrrash
09-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Are there specific skills I should avoid leveling up as as Engineer, or shouldn't? Also what stats should I upgrade for an Engineer?

e5c4p3artist
09-22-2012, 10:47 PM
There are several helpful threads on these boards that will answer your questions. In short, only raise INTELLIGENCE ever. And it is fairly well accepted by most (but not all) that Force Shield is only helpful for the mana regen, Protection is nearly useless, Sonic Boom does far too little damage and takes far too long to regen. And there are 8 skills besides those and a total of 8 slots to use skills, so those 8 are the ones you probably want. ;)

Other notes - some people find Suppression immensely useful in certain situations, but there are definitely situations in which you should not use it. It is widely agreed that you should train Pain, but only 1 point in it is sufficient. And Revive is an essential skill, but 1 point in it is also sufficient.

All these suggestions are from a PvE viewpoint only.

Thrrash
09-23-2012, 10:26 AM
There are several helpful threads on these boards that will answer your questions. In short, only raise INTELLIGENCE ever. And it is fairly well accepted by most (but not all) that Force Shield is only helpful for the mana regen, Protection is nearly useless, Sonic Boom does far too little damage and takes far too long to regen. And there are 8 skills besides those and a total of 8 slots to use skills, so those 8 are the ones you probably want. ;)

Other notes - some people find Suppression immensely useful in certain situations, but there are definitely situations in which you should not use it. It is widely agreed that you should train Pain, but only 1 point in it is sufficient. And Revive is an essential skill, but 1 point in it is also sufficient.

All these suggestions are from a PvE viewpoint only.

Thank you for the help, I actually forgot to check before I posted. New to forums here lol.