PDA

View Full Version : .-* suggestion to bring replay value back up*-.

Ihavenokills
09-22-2012, 11:45 AM
*If you want the short and sweet version, read the bold text only*

The biggest issue i see with all 3 games is "I'm capped, now what...?" the reason why i'm posting this in the SL section of the forums is because SL is the game that needs the most help with this. So the question is how do we bring the replay value up in a game like this? Well the answer is quests!

Yes the game has quests already but they're all the same in some way "kill this many enemies, break this many things, go find data" and for what? a few credits and very very little xp. No REAL reward behind doing 99% of any of the quests so nobody does them. Quests in any RPG add something to do on the side when away from the main story line of the game so you feel you have a little more freedom while playing and not always feeling like your on a straight tunneled road to grinding.

To fix this I've come up with a solution that another game gave the idea. It would take some developing but i guarantee it would not only bring the replay value up but would also open more doors to future game expansion ideas.

Answer: Make a quest that once completed gives you the ability to switch to a whole new set of skills whenever you need to.

Sounds crazy? but think about it, all the skill slots are taken (except one in SL) right? Instead of doing whats being done in PL and making them more powerful, how about add a whole new set? LOTS of things would have to be taken into consideration of course but it can be done. some main idea points to help make you visualize the whole concept (all are examples and of course can be altered):

-Current level would have to be taken into consideration. Only levels 20+ could start the quest.

-the lowest skill on there is 20+ required to even get which is why its lvls 20+ to start the quest. From there on you will unlock more skills when leveling up.

-The be able to swap to the new skills you will have to talk to the quest giver once completed to select the switch option to prevent auto switching whenever you want.

-The skills could be anything from team support only to help your team on harder tasks and create a better strategy, to harder hitting, awesome animating end game skills.

-Each class would either have the same reward outcome or different.

-You must have a certain amount of quests points already done in order to start this quest as well.

-This quest would have to be difficult and probably make you run every zone at least once to get the tasks done since the reward outcome is definately good, i'd say its worth it.

-This would also add a little more edge to pvp strategies.

So instead of adding caps and events to the game how about we take a break from all that and add something epic WHILE waiting for caps and events to be added.

BodMaster
09-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Awesome suggestion, very well thought out (: (Outa thx bro)

Would be great if this was added, need something to do rather than grind, or having the Cap XP reduced so low.

zaonaky
09-22-2012, 12:05 PM
nice suggestion!

Ihavenokills
09-22-2012, 04:12 PM
Awesome suggestion, very well thought out (: (Outa thx bro)

Would be great if this was added, need something to do rather than grind, or having the Cap XP reduced so low.

nice suggestion!

thanks guys. I hope they consider something like this.

BodMaster
09-22-2012, 04:18 PM
thanks guys. I hope they consider something like this.

I can see the work that would be involved, but would be worth every sec for something like this added, new fresh feeling to the game is needed at this time for sure (:

Ihavenokills
09-22-2012, 04:25 PM
I can see the work that would be involved, but would be worth every sec for something like this added, new fresh feeling to the game is needed at this time for sure (:

oh yeah itll take some developing and time but if you stop working on a cap and put full time into something like this itll just be like making a cap except your throwing more content into a game that needs it.

BodMaster
09-22-2012, 04:34 PM
oh yeah itll take some developing and time but if you stop working on a cap and put full time into something like this itll just be like making a cap except your throwing more content into a game that needs it.

Agreed, 100% buddy. (Still outa thanks, need to stop giving them out like candy xD)

Ihavenokills
09-22-2012, 04:46 PM
Agreed, 100% buddy. (Still outa thanks, need to stop giving them out like candy xD)

LOL its fine mate XD ill enjoy bods candy later

BodMaster
09-22-2012, 05:12 PM
ill enjoy bods candy later

Surely sounds NSFW? XD

(Nah no worries I have the thread subscribed anyway)

Ihavenokills
09-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Surely sounds NSFW? XD

(Nah no worries I have the thread subscribed anyway)

LOL

kidding! kidding everyone. calm down.

BodMaster
09-22-2012, 05:23 PM
ROFL! Ima stop posting now, we should only de-rail abysmal posts, this one needs some feedback (;

Ihavenokills
09-22-2012, 07:11 PM
ROFL! Ima stop posting now, we should only de-rail abysmal posts, this one needs some feedback (;

*ahem clears throat* true. moving on...

Aaroniero Arruruerie
09-23-2012, 09:00 AM
*If you want the short and sweet version, read the bold text only*

The biggest issue i see with all 3 games is "I'm capped, now what...?" the reason why i'm posting this in the SL section of the forums is because SL is the game that needs the most help with this. So the question is how do we bring the replay value up in a game like this? Well the answer is quests!

Yes the game has quests already but they're all the same in some way "kill this many enemies, break this many things, go find data" and for what? a few credits and very very little xp. No REAL reward behind doing 99% of any of the quests so nobody does them. Quests in any RPG add something to do on the side when away from the main story line of the game so you feel you have a little more freedom while playing and not always feeling like your on a straight tunneled road to grinding.

To fix this I've come up with a solution that another game gave the idea. It would take some developing but i guarantee it would not only bring the replay value up but would also open more doors to future game expansion ideas.

Answer: Make a quest that once completed gives you the ability to switch to a whole new set of skills whenever you need to.

Sounds crazy? but think about it, all the skill slots are taken (except one in SL) right? Instead of doing whats being done in PL and making them more powerful, how about add a whole new set? LOTS of things would have to be taken into consideration of course but it can be done. some main idea points to help make you visualize the whole concept (all are examples and of course can be altered):

-Current level would have to be taken into consideration. Only levels 20+ could start the quest.

-the lowest skill on there is 20+ required to even get which is why its lvls 20+ to start the quest. From there on you will unlock more skills when leveling up.

-The be able to swap to the new skills you will have to talk to the quest giver once completed to select the switch option to prevent auto switching whenever you want.

-The skills could be anything from team support only to help your team on harder tasks and create a better strategy, to harder hitting, awesome animating end game skills.

-Each class would either have the same reward outcome or different.

-You must have a certain amount of quests points already done in order to start this quest as well.

-This quest would have to be difficult and probably make you run every zone at least once to get the tasks done since the reward outcome is definately good, i'd say its worth it.

-This would also add a little more edge to pvp strategies.

So instead of adding caps and events to the game how about we take a break from all that and add something epic WHILE waiting for caps and events to be added.

this game is more design based than quest based. However, side missions would help, not to mention lots of puzzles, but the way I see, it, this game isn't meant to be played estensively, more of a pastime, and idk if its the fact that they can't handle extra content (always some bug), but idk, seems like a lot of factors affecting their indecisions...

Ihavenokills
09-23-2012, 10:57 AM
seems like a lot of factors affecting their indecisions...

yeah the amount of resources they are working with. It was said before. Which is why they shouldn't even be making an entire new game.

Jblazer
09-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Great thread bro

Aaroniero Arruruerie
09-23-2012, 06:34 PM
[QUOTE=ihavenokills;789640]

There are other mmorpg's out on ios and droid... Just realized...

Hmm...

Well, ball's in your court STS

iAmPain
09-24-2012, 01:38 PM
I like the idea.. And I think I know which game you got this idea :)

Dragon Nest! is it? I have played it for a good amount of time,
And yes their gaming system (Specifically on quests) really give meaning to the game-play itself.

You have pointed out good suggestions we could use (I think we could use even more)

So.. Yea, I'm 100% sure this will be better for the whole sts community if implemented..

---

Off-topic:

In "Dragon Nest"- you could learn your Emotes as you lvl up, Learn your skills through your specific NPC.

Vanities = Gear.. Fix your gear for a reasonable amount of currency, Kick Arse animations!

Wish I could see some of these features in the future franchise games of STS!

Ihavenokills
09-24-2012, 04:54 PM
I like the idea.. And I think I know which game you got this idea :)

Dragon Nest! is it? I have played it for a good amount of time,
And yes their gaming system (Specifically on quests) really give meaning to the game-play itself.

You have pointed out good suggestions we could use (I think we could use even more)

So.. Yea, I'm 100% sure this will be better for the whole sts community if implemented..

---

Off-topic:

In "Dragon Nest"- you could learn your Emotes as you lvl up, Learn your skills through your specific NPC.

Vanities = Gear.. Fix your gear for a reasonable amount of currency, Kick Arse animations!

Wish I could see some of these features in the future franchise games of STS!

na thats not the game i've actually never heard of dragon nest lol. It's an rpg i've played since 2001 and i just cant seem to put it down XD

Mogunsforme
10-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Agreed lets try to get a dev on this matter and see ur idea bro :D

Ihavenokills
10-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Agreed lets try to get a dev on this matter and see ur idea bro :D

Thanks bud. :p

iAmPain
10-03-2012, 08:10 PM
na thats not the game i've actually never heard of dragon nest lol. It's an rpg i've played since 2001 and i just cant seem to put it down XD

Ohh.. But most of the part, most rpg's are quest based. And the system is always like that, so I assumed lol

ckjuicyj82
10-03-2012, 08:22 PM
I agree. Star legends is my fav out of the 3, but needs more content. Daily quests would be great for each area. And the rewards need to be more than garbage gear or a few credits.

Also, I would love to see some new music. The newest they added in select maps was great.

Lastly, a fluctuation of sorts to the market would help. Hate how 95% of the items are worthless, and the other 5% are super pricey. Would be nice to see that balanced a bit. A quick fix would be to lower the drop rate a lot for most items so there's a lot less trash, and just up the credits a bit from mobs.

ckjuicyj82
10-03-2012, 09:03 PM
On a side note, I think they should slow down with new games and concentrate on more exciting content and polishing of their current games.

JCort
10-03-2012, 10:39 PM
The point is to come up with ways to hold the players attention. The current system seems like after a certian point not much thought or effort is required for progressing...equalling a lesser attention hold. The game is great, it just needs some polishing.

So here's the breakdown what I think it needs.
1) actions: Ie punching jabbing, jumping, crawling, maneuvering, camera angles
2) puzzles to keep the player engaged
3) plot: needs to change lv based goal and turn it into progressive labor and fun invested

1) actions need to diversify greater because I'm having a hard time of being convinced between the message you want me to get and the message I'm actually getting. Im suggesting a punch, whack or jab because that seems like a practical thing to add. << I.want to button mash,>> that's the instinct I'm getting every time i start firing...but The character just stands and shoots. I like the chaos and barrage of visual effects of mass attacking, but I'm still not won over. That's also why I included camera. I feel as though the game needs a more personal contact with the enemy. It needs to engage our attention...maybe the controls suddenly switch and you no longer walk regularly but encircle the enemy? Perhaps it. Can be remedied by a dash button, a burst or speed change in motion...some calibration is needed for the character.

2) puzzles because we need some memorable interactions and accomplishments. Ever played those old games that make you tighten up when in a boss fight or doing one really hard task and you're like omg omg omg I can do this I can do this, don't die don't die! Yes we need things that will make the player FEEL those emotions, but not make puzzles for the sake of puzzles, but make it with something rewarding and lasting out of it. I felt you were on to the right track with the first hive invasion... And you started to touch up on it more with the recent update. ( kudos to you! Well done. Seriously I noticed the change ) But I think it extends deeper into the 3rd reason on my list.

3) plot. We need to know where we are going. Who are we trying to kill, who is the BIG bad guy we just gotta kill, or what levels make us go... Omg that was tough, yet feel accomplished.
I think it's diminished because there is no concrete lead or sense of direction, it,s just go and oh figure out what's there.

Lead us to those moments through the game not the updates. Let us know it's there and it's coming, and give us some memorable thrill along the way as we play.
I don't want to kill a boss just for the sake. Maybe some levels need some In between weapons part collection/ hunt thing going on? Maybe the levels need to be more separated or bound together. A boss battle would be cool if we weren't just standing and repetitively shooting. Maybe change the boss music to be more suspenseful? Or change the dynamics of the lair? Make it so it's a challenge, that way we can remember. Suspenseful music can enhance the game quite a bit so music can be a big help.

By the way, I love the armor and weapons. I think you got that down. Solid.
Especially the scorn. Wow

Lose trying to come up with more and better weapons because that's what we are trying to grind
And I personally lose interest if that's going to be the actual focus of the game...Considering the huge skew in value for each weapon. So yeah, whack, jump, dash...puzzles, suspenseful music, challenges. That's what I think it needs more integration of...