PDA

View Full Version : Faces can have stats, but vanities can't?

WoundedEagle
09-22-2012, 04:42 PM
Hey Community,

I've been meaning to post this thread, I just kept forgetting. My question is: Why can faces like Magic Mirror faces and Elite face in Mystery Mash have stats, but vanities can't? Faces having stats is ultimately useless - considering the fact that they aren't equipable gear; they are just faces. If anything, they are a downgrade from vanities. This isn't a rant, but rather a rhetorical question (unless a dev comes and answers it).

Basic point for all tl;dr folk: faces shouldn't have stats if vanities don't - future vanities should have stats.

~WE

Otukura
09-22-2012, 04:47 PM
It's just a matter of time before STS releases different colorations of vanities with stats for more plat.

KingFu
09-22-2012, 04:53 PM
No. Then people won't complain about my founders helm.

Nihiliste
09-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Three musketeers^^.

WoundedEagle
09-22-2012, 04:56 PM
It's just a matter of time before STS releases different colorations of vanities with stats for more plat.

Doubts. Techno is pretty firm on the fact she doesn't want anymore statted vanities. I have no idea why.

No. Then people won't complain about my founders helm.

What correlation does this have with my main statement? I said vanities should have stats.

BodMaster
09-22-2012, 04:56 PM
no. Then people won't complain about my founders helm.

WHOA.. How much hat?

CAN I HAZ HAT? WHER FIND HAT?

Yich
09-22-2012, 05:15 PM
I like how they make something more powerful than WF items as a fix for low level (forgotten weapons), because they were SO hard for new players to obtain, but the now impossible to obtain endgame content vanities (elite cap helm armor and shield with stat bonus) will not have anything to OP them. Just an odd coincidence, no?

WoundedEagle
09-22-2012, 05:19 PM
I like how they make something more powerful than WF items as a fix for low level (forgotten weapons), because they were SO hard for new players to obtain, but the now impossible to obtain endgame content vanities (elite cap helm armor and shield with stat bonus) will not have anything to OP them. Just an odd coincidence, no?

STS has done a magnificent job with new campaigns (Humania's gameplay was good. And Blacksmoke Mountain will be amazing), but their recent approach on stats and weapons (Forgotten, faces with stats, no more vanities with stats, etc.) is a real downer. I have to admit though, having access to Blacksmoke is overlooked, but nice to have.

CrimsonTider
09-22-2012, 06:33 PM
I still have an issue with the fact that faces are the only purchasable item ingame we don't get to keep when we switch them. This has never made sense to me.

WoundedEagle
09-22-2012, 06:34 PM
I still have an issue with the fact that faces are the only purchasable item ingame we don't get to keep when we switch them. This has never made sense to me.

I completely agree...

Pimpslide
09-22-2012, 06:44 PM
IIRC, some former said its more realistic that way and I think that's been their excuse ever since.

Whirlzap
09-22-2012, 07:08 PM
As of right now, I believe people are using the faces weighted mostly on their stats value rather than their actual "vanity" looks value.
And this is the same for all other Vanity items as well.
I think this is the reason why Techno wants to reverse stats being put on vanity items.

I mean, most mages wouldn't even touch the "down" syndrome Humania-woman face if it didn't have such decent stats.

LwMark
09-22-2012, 07:25 PM
As of right now, I believe people are using the faces weighted mostly on their stats value rather than their actual "vanity" looks value.
I think this is the reason why Techno wants to reverse stats being put on vanity items.

I mean, most mages wouldn't even touch the "down" syndrome Humania-woman face if it didn't have such decent stats.

Downie lol

McBain
09-22-2012, 08:25 PM
No more stats on vanity gear, but still okay with stat'd "faces"

Very specious logic indeed.

Paar
09-22-2012, 08:28 PM
I think faces should be free period.

Kaytar
09-22-2012, 08:33 PM
This issue has been adressed many times. I, for one, think that only elite vanities should have a bonus. Why? Because we don't spend 800-2000 (whatever pack you may buy) just for looks! I was very disappointed when I learned that future vanities will never have stats but, I eventually got over jt because there is no point in arguing to STS when the result of the argument is inevitably in their favor.

Yich
09-22-2012, 08:54 PM

Its not worth it for me, its just too hideous... Ill keep my blue face.

Bebsi
09-22-2012, 09:35 PM
I changed my face back straight away.
I'd rather play with my old toon's face.
My bear should be a bear not supermario.
My bird should look avian style not some nerd look.
My Mage will sure not wear that Downie face.

LwMark
09-22-2012, 09:46 PM
I think faces should be free period.

We have to pay to be who we are

Bebsi hr does look like a tan mario and the elf queen looks like mario style, so someones either playin mario recently or is a big fan

Lowlyspy
09-22-2012, 10:51 PM
If something has stats, then it isn't a vanity, plain and simple. Vanities should strictly be for people's vanity. If you want stats, there's gear and rings for that. I can understand a set of vanities that give set sparkles (no stats, just the effect) because everyone loves sparkles. If you really want statted "vanities" they should make yet another class of items, which would just add more work on sts.

WoundedEagle
09-22-2012, 10:54 PM
If something has stats, then it isn't a vanity, plain and simple. Vanities should strictly be for people's vanity. If you want stats, there's gear and rings for that. I can understand a set of vanities that give set sparkles (no stats, just the effect) because everyone loves sparkles. If you really want statted "vanities" they should make yet another class of items, which would just add more work on sts.

Exactly! So why can faces have stats, but vanities can't?

Rushorgtfo
09-22-2012, 11:07 PM
Hey Community,

I've been meaning to post this thread, I just kept forgetting. My question is: Why can faces like Magic Mirror faces and Elite face in Mystery Mash have stats, but vanities can't? Faces having stats is ultimately useless - considering the fact that they aren't equipable gear; they are just faces. If anything, they are a downgrade from vanities. This isn't a rant, but rather a rhetorical question (unless a dev comes and answers it).

Basic point for all tl;dr folk: faces shouldn't have stats if vanities don't - future vanities should have stats.

~WE

I more than thank you for this thread.

FUTURE ELITE VANITIES SHOULD HAVE STATS.

Kraze
09-22-2012, 11:23 PM
At this point I'm all for removing stats from faces and vanities. Then all would be right in the pl world and people wouldn't have anything to complain about right?

WoundedEagle
09-22-2012, 11:28 PM
At this point I'm all for removing stats from faces and vanities. Then all would be right in the pl world and people wouldn't have anything to complain about right?

I kind of agree. I'm not directly complaining, I just don't see how faces can have stats, but vanities can't. As Parth said in another thread, it's basically too late to only leave so few vanities with stats... Why not just continue?

Kraze
09-23-2012, 12:03 AM
It's just a no win situation because at some point everyone will end up looking th exact same. I would rather see more powerful ring or hidden items and be able to equip 2-3 and make vanities vanities and allow me to idk wear my founder helm without being told how 5 armor and damage destroyed the game

WoundedEagle
09-23-2012, 12:07 AM
It's just a no win situation because at some point everyone will end up looking th exact same. I would rather see more powerful ring or hidden items and be able to equip 2-3 and make vanities vanities and allow me to idk wear my founder helm without being told how 5 armor and damage destroyed the game

I kinda like the idea of just scooping the stats off of Elite set and making them into a ring and leave the sparkles on the gear. That just makes things too difficult though.

Piosidon
09-23-2012, 12:08 AM
When new players see that there were once statted vanitys, they think that eventually there'll be more thus making them play longer.

Also, the faces with stats were new at the time so it caused a lot of excitement and interest toward PL.

Kraze
09-23-2012, 12:45 AM

I kinda like the idea of just scooping the stats off of Elite set and making them into a ring and leave the sparkles on the gear. That just makes things too difficult though.

Actually I like that idea elite cap= ring or some other hidden item give it some secondary effect on the toon like a red spotlight similar to the elixir one so you can show off your leetness. It would allow people who hit 56,61,66 to still feel that they didn't waste time and allow for a greater balance in pvp. And then throw in some sparkles when someone completes a vanity set