PDA

View Full Version : Blessings Bugs

Energizeric
09-22-2012, 10:58 PM
Two issues I have found:

1) When it's time for my blessing and I've already been logged in and playing for a while, when I go to the blessing screen, it tells me to come back at [time] even though sometimes that time is passed. The only way to get my blessing is to log out and log in again, and then the blessing is there for me.

2) This bug has to do with push notificationsin iOS. I play on 2 devices, an iPhone and iPad. Last night I was playing on my iPad when the time came for me to receive my daily blessing. My iPhone, which I was not using at the time, gave a push notification that I should go get my blessing, which I then did on my iPad -- although I ran into the issue in #1 above. But then 3 hours later I got another push notification on my iPhone telling me that my blessing was in danger of being revoked, and then 3 hours after that I got a push notification on the iPhone telling my my blessing had been revoked. Yet I had already received my blessing on the iPad. So apparently the push notifications are not coordinated between devices. The iPhone kept telling me to go claim my blessing even though I had already received it because I had not been playing on the iPhone and so the iPhone did not know.

Loaden
09-23-2012, 02:05 AM
Two issues I have found:

1) When it's time for my blessing and I've already been logged in and playing for a while, when I go to the blessing screen, it tells me to come back at [time] even though sometimes that time is passed. The only way to get my blessing is to log out and log in again, and then the blessing is there for me.

2) This bug has to do with push notificationsin iOS. I play on 2 devices, an iPhone and iPad. Last night I was playing on my iPad when the time came for me to receive my daily blessing. My iPhone, which I was not using at the time, gave a push notification that I should go get my blessing, which I then did on my iPad -- although I ran into the issue in #1 above. But then 3 hours later I got another push notification on my iPhone telling me that my blessing was in danger of being revoked, and then 3 hours after that I got a push notification on the iPhone telling my my blessing had been revoked. Yet I had already received my blessing on the iPad. So apparently the push notifications are not coordinated between devices. The iPhone kept telling me to go claim my blessing even though I had already received it because I had not been playing on the iPhone and so the iPhone did not know.

So, in all. You meant that the problem is the notifications, not the game right? So to solve this simple problem, instead of using your iPad to claim the blessing, you could use your iPhone. OR, you could just turn notifications off for PL.

Energizeric
09-23-2012, 10:09 PM
So, in all. You meant that the problem is the notifications, not the game right? So to solve this simple problem, instead of using your iPad to claim the blessing, you could use your iPhone. OR, you could just turn notifications off for PL.

Or they can just fix the bug. ;)

Fusionstrike
09-24-2012, 01:24 AM
Thanks for the run-down of these bugs. You saved me the trouble of having to report exactly these issues. I think item #2 is because the other device didn't get to connect to the server, so it didn't know you had collected. Interestingly, this means the PL client runs independently to give the push notifications, i.e. it's not the server telling it to alert you, it's just producing timed events on its own. I'm not sure how they'd actually fix this one, so we're probably stuck with it. The only way to handle it would be to have the PL app on your phone periodically check in with the server to see if you collected yet, which I doubt they would do for efficiency reasons.

I also want to reiterate the time zone bug I reported in another thread, but it seems like it should be in this thread with the other bugs. The Chrome version of PL reports the wrong collection time because it fails to convert to local time zone correctly and instead shows the collection time in GMT. So for example if you're on the east coast USA and it says to collect at 4pm you actually need to collect at 12pm (-4 offset for EDT from GMT). This is a big problem because it is telling people completely wrong info and will cause people to miss their collection and end their 5 in a row chances. For people on the USA west coast, for example, the time offset is -7, which means the blessing will have completely expired (it expires at 6 hours) before the game even says it's time to pick it up. Incidentally, both iOS and Android versions of PL get it right, which means a player will see radically different collection times depending on which device is used to access PL.

Brave Sir Robin
09-24-2012, 06:43 AM
Regarding the time zone bug:

I got confused with the times too. May I suggest a workaround until they fix this ;)

So clock goes wrong but you received an elixir which lasts for 1 day, right? So instead of checking the clock check the time remaining for your elixir to expire under Avatar -> Elixir Buffs.

Ofc you can't do this the day you start the clock as you don't receive any elixirs.

Fusionstrike
09-26-2012, 04:10 PM
It looks to me like two of the three bugs listed in this thread are fixed by latest updates. The issue where you can't collect a blessing if logged on when the time passes seems to be fixed now. I did not have to log out and back in to collect a blessing last time. Also, the time zone bug on Chrome seems fixed as well, which enables players to see the proper time to collect their blessing AND collect it without logging out when the time passes.

Still outstanding as far as I can tell is issue #2 from OP, the one where notifications incorrectly say that a blessing is ready/expiring/expired even when already collected from a different device.

Energizeric
09-27-2012, 12:28 PM
Very strange is that last night I only played on my iPhone. I was online when it came time for the blessing, and unlike previous times, I was able to claim the blessing without logging out and back in. BUT.......after I played a couple of hours, I went to sleep. And in the morning there was a push notification on my phone telling me my blessing had been revoked!! WHAT?? I already got my blessing...LOL