View Full Version : PL Blessing Push notifications do not disable properly

bronislav84
09-23-2012, 12:00 PM
Somebody seems to have migrated the faulty code from DL's STS notification (Makes DL turn on without user input whenever STS sends out a message, even when notification is disabled) to PL's Blessing because when my blessing is ready PL turns on ON IT'S OWN and notifies me. I have push notifications disabled on ALL my characters. Even made sure to toggle on then off.

Make it stop! I DO NOT want to be notified! I mostly quit PL except for events and don't want to be notified.

My Touch 4G, Android 2.3.4.

Chickenrunnn
09-23-2012, 01:25 PM
ROFL.. General settings, notifications, find PL DL SL and disable :)

Mothwing
09-23-2012, 01:27 PM
I like them, cause' then the queen doesn't yell at me.

Kaytar
09-23-2012, 01:43 PM
The queen revoked my blessings D: notifications are a good thing

bronislav84
09-23-2012, 02:43 PM
ROFL.. General settings, notifications, find PL DL SL and disable :)I am not seeing this ingame.

The rest of you didn't notice the part there I said I mostly quit the game and do not want to be bothered by these bugged notices. Not a good thing when a game you quit bothers you to login. It's a legitimate bug.

Mothwing
09-23-2012, 02:45 PM
I am not seeing this ingame.

The rest of you didn't notice the part there I said I mostly quit the game and do not want to be bothered by these bugged notices. Not a good thing when a game you quit bothers you to login. It's a legitimate bug.

You have to go to your device's settings >.<

bronislav84
09-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Nope its not there.

Mothwing
09-23-2012, 02:49 PM
Nope its not there.

What device do you have....

bronislav84
09-23-2012, 02:59 PM
I know I listed it in the first post for the Devs to see. Not all of us are on a Jellybean top of the line device or Nexus device. There is no such option on 2.3.

Still can't believe Nexus S which was released the same month or so as I got my phone got Jelly and mine didn't. Dam Nexus devices lol.

Mothwing
09-23-2012, 03:10 PM
I dunno, I googled it and didn't find anything. There has to be a setting somewhere. Search around on your phone, you'll find it.

bronislav84
09-23-2012, 04:01 PM
There isn't one. Thanks for trying though, Moth.

Delphina
09-23-2012, 10:36 PM
I just looked on my 2.3 device and under options/game notifications/ at the very bottom *push notifications... Do you have that checked or unchecked?

Mothwing
09-23-2012, 11:25 PM
There isn't one. Thanks for trying though, Moth.

No problem, hope you fix it.

bronislav84
09-24-2012, 12:49 AM
It's always unchecked on all characters, but got set to enabled. I cleared out data and picked cancel on app startup. I will post tomorrow and see if it disabled properly or not. So far I think this option forces itself to on for existing accounts, but it might also be broken on clean app startup. I will check.

It's even worse on DL. STS notification makes the game start on it's own and app needs to be forced closed or it stays in the background forever. That faulty code seems to have been put into the PL Blessing.

Chickenrunnn
09-24-2012, 01:11 PM
I just looked on my 2.3 device and under options/game notifications/ at the very bottom *push notifications... Do you have that checked or unchecked?

There isn't "push notification Button in Game Notification For Iphone 3GS ... ^^

bronislav84
09-24-2012, 03:00 PM
^ Not once did we mention anything about iphones.

Ok update on the status. I purposefully missed it today. By that I mean by clearing data and choosing to not have push notifications on startup they all properly disable. This bug just seems to happen to people who had notifications off before the blessing notification got added to the game. There's no way to disable the blessing notification without clearing the app data and choosing Cancel on startup.

Yich
09-24-2012, 03:45 PM

Delete the app?... smh...

Energizeric
09-24-2012, 04:42 PM
I like having the notifications, but please have them coordinated between devices. I play on both the iPad and iPhone, so when I got my blessing 2 hours ago on iPad I get a push on my iPhone telling me my blessing been revoked? Makes no sense.

I want it to remind me in case I forget, but don't send me a reminder on one device when I already took care of it on the other device.

bronislav84
09-24-2012, 08:57 PM

Delete the app?... smh...Great idea, except I still play sometimes....