PDA

View Full Version : Weird paintings

ExoTiKPred
06-02-2023, 09:34 PM
Anyone know why they added those paintings of severed heads and l’orde cannibale (the cannibal painting) tbh they are kinda weird and creepy I was curious if anyone knew why they added them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Switchback
06-02-2023, 10:31 PM
Halloweeny?

UwU123
06-02-2023, 11:14 PM
Yeah man i puked & got traumatized after seeing them. Creepy sts..

A Guy Xields
06-03-2023, 02:52 AM
Was From Halloween https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230603/906a6c4da072b2a3105e744f3a5c87d2.jpg

Enviado desde mi 21121210G mediante Tapatalk

ExoTiKPred
06-03-2023, 06:38 AM
Even for Halloween they are dumb lol

Greazemk
06-03-2023, 08:07 AM
Even for Halloween they are dumb lol

Perhaps you have a suggestion in mind that is much better than the painting? Plus, the painting matches the theme.

If you're creeped and weirded out, then that only says they did a really good job.

Apocalyptis
06-03-2023, 10:27 AM
Perhaps you have a suggestion in mind that is much better than the painting? Plus, the painting matches the theme.

If you're creeped and weirded out, then that only says they did a really good job.

Exactly, I love this theme. Only wish they would make more of this spooky stuff :D

PatD
06-03-2023, 11:02 AM
Read this, it will give a little buff to your culture ;)

In drawing up of the portrait, Gericault conducted many studies on corpses and body parts, including Severed Heads. The creepy realism in this portrait marks a departure from earlier ideas and a renewed interest in more dramatic themes. The practicality of Géricault's research of the severed heads is almost intolerable. The painter painted a series of similar pictures, sometimes with arms and legs amputated. There is probably a connection with his work of art The Raft of Medusa (Louvre), which displays the dying victims of wreckage. These images can be considered as approaches to death, with the eventual goal of making it as convincing as possible.

Description and analysis of artworks: Guillotine heads by Gericault's show a cruel description of decay and death. On the left side is the female head which has closed eyes and bright white skin, while on the right is the male head with open mouth and open eyes which look at the viewer freely. Serrated, rough spots on the neck illustrate the cruel and torturous death these characters have agonized at the guillotine. In this portrait, Gericault illustrates his brilliant mastery of the light-dark technique, which is reflected in the contrasts of darkness and light all over the composition. Loose lines for the visualization of face and tissue contribute to the dramatic effect of the work.

PatD
06-03-2023, 11:06 AM
Same goes with the "Saturn devouring his son" painting (a classic!)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_Devouring_His_Son

Apocalyptis
06-03-2023, 12:49 PM
Please, if anyone has some spare paintings of these heads, let me know your price, I would love to have one in my house :O

Thanks!! <3

ExoTiKPred
06-06-2023, 04:13 AM
Very well I stand corrected based on the looks of Al your replies it seems they made you guys happy lol and no I wasn’t creeped out I was just like meh Gor isn’t really my thing

RapidStroke
06-10-2023, 04:30 AM
Love that paintint; its the "Cronos" eats his children so he doesnt have to worry about getting kicked out of his position as "King" but was later brought down by Zeus his own Child who was hidden from him by his wife