PDA

View Full Version : Duke Edward on roids?

Libria
09-24-2012, 12:20 PM
I run Fang every once in a while. Yesterday, I was in a decently equipped party (4 level 71's and a ~68 or so) and Duke was wiping us out. Most of us had an elixir of sorts likely from the blessing, myself a 3x combo. Even Vlod seemed amped up (more than his usual self anyway).

Anyone else notice this? Did I miss an update?

xcainnblecterx
09-24-2012, 12:27 PM
If your team had any sort of speed elix, from what I hear the speed boost ones are glitched and cause bosses to deal more damage. I could be wrong, just what I hear

Kraze
09-24-2012, 12:37 PM
If your team had any sort of speed elix, from what I hear the speed boost ones are glitched and cause bosses to deal more damage. I could be wrong, just what I hear

I recall this happened during sewers too...perhaps the old bug resurfaced

xcainnblecterx
09-24-2012, 12:48 PM
Yea there was a post a couple weeks back mentioning thrashed out 71s taking on vlod and gold fever getting whiped out in one hit, but once they deleted the speed boost they were fine

Chopper
09-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Yea there was a post a couple weeks back mentioning thrashed out 71s taking on vlod and gold fever getting whiped out in one hit, but once they deleted the speed boost they were fine

Yeah, Gold Fever for sure can kill a thrasher player instantly! Embarassing to experience! ha

LwMark
09-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Wear extra armor in real life

xcainnblecterx
09-24-2012, 01:36 PM
Sad thing about getting a combo elix from daily blessing, you can't delete a certain elix

Chopper
09-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Sad thing about getting a combo elix from daily blessing, you can't delete a certain elix

never thought about that, but since they stack, i guess the Devs figured it wouldn't be an issue?

drgrimmy
09-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Yeah, must be the speed thing. I think I was in the party in question for a little while and was on a 3x combo daily blessing. Felt that it was much easier to die (from both duke and vlod, but not emma) than during multiple previous dragon runs at feast while just on 2x damage and 2x armor elixers instead.

xcainnblecterx
09-24-2012, 10:57 PM
Well seeing as how a speed elix gets you killed I'd want to delete it haha, but if they did it were it was separated like thrasher and you stacked with say a thrasher while on 3x you would have like 10 different elix to go threw. Could be confusing

Mage till the end
09-24-2012, 11:30 PM
Aint got no skill

pointblast5
09-25-2012, 01:58 AM
on my lv 56 bird i did a thrasher run of bandit boy hidout with a damage blessing but i noticed no increase in damage and i died a lot more :P

Ephesius
09-26-2012, 02:28 PM
do not use elix to farm judt to level if ur doing mount fang

Charmstrange
09-27-2012, 01:45 AM
I tried goldfever with 3x combo blessing on my 52 mage but i just got destroyed multiple times. Without elixer, I can tank him fine. I have even killed him solo with the same character. With the "blessing" elixer, I just get killed every time the fever bursts.

My 66 bird was similarly stomped by the duke while on thrasher, using angel talon set

Pakax
09-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Another hypothesis is that this is just random and bosses have crit and can deal good damage when they land it. Last night, I did various runs on Duke on my 71 fully geared bear. I can solo him with or without thrasher and usually I do not die. I think I did about 7-8 runs consecutively and during one of them, I got three or 4 consecutive criticial hits and died quasi instantly. I was on thrasher for all of them.

Charmstrange
09-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Another hypothesis is that this is just random and bosses have crit and can deal good damage when they land it.

I don't know for the duke, but crit just doesn't explain the difference I'm seeing with goldfever. I have solo'd this boss with my 52 mage without any elixirs (gold or plat), but with the 3x combo blessing I can survive maybe 1 or 2 rounds of fever burst. Believe me, I am very familiar with the range of damage hits for this boss.

So I did some follow-up testing and have another hypothesis for someone else to refute :)

I ran all of the sewer maps while my 52 mage was still on 3x 24h combo:
Bandit k & q: pulled queen out, killed bosses with 3 player party, all under lvl 55
trash heap: 4 players, all under 53, easy
roach: killed with 2 player party, my 52 mage and a 51 mage in cosmos
goblin king: solo. dropped 51 henchman talon :)

other: keeper and mynas were easy

Then I tried goldfever again with the same result as before. Just kills me when fever bursts. I will test him again after the lix wears off.

So here is my theory:
Crypt in Mt Fang and Bandit Boy Hideout in the sewers are often used for xp runs. This leaves bosses in maps for easy boss farming by other players once the xp party leaves to rmk. Making the duke and goldfever become overpowered against elixer players would limit exploiting this boss farming tactic.

Can anyone confirm if this is happening on any other bosses besides these two?

Chopper
09-27-2012, 11:43 AM
So here is my theory:
Crypt in Mt Fang and Bandit Boy Hideout in the sewers are often used for xp runs. This leaves bosses in maps for easy boss farming by other players once the xp party leaves to rmk. Making the duke and goldfever become overpowered against elixer players would limit exploiting this boss farming tactic.

Can anyone confirm if this is happening on any other bosses besides these two?

Hmmm, I'm not sure STS goes to that level to stop clean up crews. It may just be the nature of the attacks (thralls, Fever blast) that seems to affect elixir players more.

Pakax
09-27-2012, 07:14 PM
Hmmm, I'm not sure STS goes to that level to stop clean up crews. It may just be the nature of the attacks (thralls, Fever blast) that seems to affect elixir players more.

Agreed. I dont think they would care tbh