PDA

View Full Version : New Pet Idea

Buddyf97
09-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Well, we are nearing the point where I think the game is extraordinary. 1.3 and 1.4 have been released and AO3 is in development. There are 12 skills. With the cap raising once it gets to 60 we will have all the skills at five. I think to prevent this we could add pets. You get a pet once you are a certain lvl. Say... 55? The pet will add 'elite' skills very powerful when up at high lvls. Then you add skill points into the pet which could do many things. Like...
-add buffs
-debuff enemies
-heal every 10 seconds or so
-attack
-freeze enemy*
-push enemy back*
*push activated

With this it adds a new feature to the game everyone is asking for and isn't gonna stop us at lvl 60 with skills

saintofdeath
09-04-2010, 12:12 PM
yeah that would be awsome

Arterra
09-04-2010, 02:01 PM
well, personally the idea of some pet would be odd considering everyone is already an animal (or at least a third is not)

maybe some sort of floating gem... buffs/debuffs

Tvis
09-05-2010, 07:09 PM
I like the idea, although since we are animals it would be a little weird. I think they should have mystical/legendary pets. They need to be creatures. The buffs and skills of the pets would be nice. I think they should make each pet different looking, except for if it's the same name pet. Every person would be able to get up to 2 pets and would be available in the stash, at least until we get player housing. With the difference of looks we would have more trading to resemble what we want our characters to be. In low level areas they would have different pets than the higher levels. Since they would all be specialized, it would take a while, so they could start out with 8-10 pets. As they make more for the levels and the plat store, we may be able to get a couple more pet slots in our stash, or houses. The low amount of pet storage make players liquidate or sell more. In theory, you get pets and as you fight through the levels, you find more pets and switch the originals for the better. On your character we should be able to get 5 spaces so we can choose which pets to keep.

This is my own opinion and idea for pets.

bmc85uk
09-05-2010, 07:26 PM
I love the idea of pets, and in terms of them being available to all classes, this is by far the best suggestion I've seen so far with skill points tied in to pets abilities. I do however see a few problems.

Low level characters simply don't have enough skill points to share between them and a pet, though it would provide an interesting balance between pet/owner skill power, even at higher levels.
A problem with pets-for-everyone in general, this potentially doubles the amount of player characters present in the zone, though it could be disabled in town, even in dungeons it would impact game performance, especially on low-end devices, and definitely rules out the possibility of raid zones with higher player capacities. This is unless pets were very simple graphically, such as a glowing sprite.
Pets-for-everyone also rules out the addition of a pet class (unless 'pets-for-everyone' were non-combat pets like a Wizard's 'Familiar'), which I feel would be a fantastic addition as a 4th class given that it can open up mechanics not available to any of the current classes. Other additions (Rogue/Assassin, Hunter, Berserker, Warlock, Cleric etc.) all share roles similar to ones already defined by current classes (Tank, DPS, Mage/Healer), what we don't have is a Pet class or a Utility class such as a Bard or 'EverQuest Enchanter' (weak pet class with fantastic crowd control, debuffs and some mana regen/haste buffs). I would love to see one of these, probably more an Enchanter (or whatever it would be called in PL), because it combines pet and utility/crowd control functions, but I would love a Bard.

Kurlz
09-06-2010, 12:40 AM
the bard: kill your enemy with the sheer horror of banjo music