PDA

View Full Version : And Now, A Word From Your Customer Support Team…

RedStapler
09-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We would like to take a minute to remind people that when you lend items to other people using the gift function, you may not get them back.

The gift function was designed as just that--to give items to other players with no expectation of having them returned to you. When you lend things this way, getting your stuff back depends solely on the goodwill of the “borrower.”

We’re very proud of our community members who want to share their items, and who truly want to help their friends. Sadly, as we are unable to retrieve stolen items—only investigate issues and distribute warnings accordingly—we strongly discourage the use of the gift function to loan items.

Please always keep in mind that we are on the Internet, and that there is no way to be sure who's on the other side of the connection. No matter how many raids you do together, no matter how much you hang out in-game or on the forums, unless you know someone in meatspace, there's no way to be sure that they're as cool as they've made themselves out to be.

It's a cynical way to view the world, but you can never be too careful.

Thank you for your understanding!

-RS

CrimsonTider
09-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Amen and Hallelujah!!

Now, let's eat cake. :)

Elyseon
09-24-2012, 03:41 PM
Yeh it seems like everyone thinks nothing of this until it happens to them, including me

HunterSLAYER
09-24-2012, 09:03 PM
Loan feature?
:P

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Kraze
09-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Wait give means give?!? Kind of sad that a thread like this was needed but glad to see it hopefully this will end the "zomg I waz scammered" threads

Lowlyspy
09-24-2012, 09:36 PM
Wait give means give?!? Kind of sad that a thread like this was needed but glad to see it hopefully this will end the "zomg I waz scammered" threads

Indeed it would be nice but, it won't.

Pakax
09-25-2012, 11:00 AM
That'd be really cool actually.
A loan function where you can put something in the trade window, set a date/time for when you get it back. I like that. Could enhance the community feeling actually. Also, some peeps could just rent stuff . i.e renting Blue Dragon set for a week, 4 million. Brilliant! An entire new dimension to merching.

Loan feature?
:P

CrimsonTider
09-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Lazy devs... Cant make lending system or return items that were lost because of the lack of loaning systen

Or we could say.... Stupid people should read the ToS and stop complaining when they do something that is clearly stated within game rules to NOT do.

Energizeric
09-25-2012, 03:20 PM
It would indeed be cool to have some sort of lending system by where the person receiving the item cannot trade it, sell it, or liquidate it, and the person lending the item can take it back whenever they want, even if the other player is not online. That would solve all these problems people have with lending items.

Brave Sir Robin
09-26-2012, 07:23 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We would like to take a minute to remind people that when you lend items to other people using the gift function, you may not get them back.

The gift function was designed as just that--to give items to other players with no expectation of having them returned to you. When you lend things this way, getting your stuff back depends solely on the goodwill of the “borrower.”

We’re very proud of our community members who want to share their items, and who truly want to help their friends. Sadly, as we are unable to retrieve stolen items—only investigate issues and distribute warnings accordingly—we strongly discourage the use of the gift function to loan items.

Please always keep in mind that we are on the Internet, and that there is no way to be sure who's on the other side of the connection. No matter how many raids you do together, no matter how much you hang out in-game or on the forums, unless you know someone in meatspace, there's no way to be sure that they're as cool as they've made themselves out to be.

It's a cynical way to view the world, but you can never be too careful.

Thank you for your understanding!

-RS

Thank you for finally resolving this issue.

However, I would like to point out that not all players use the forum. Could you please put a notification when the game starts, after

"-Do not give your email/password to anyone"

something like

"-Items transferred to other players with the 'give' button are always considered donations - STS holds no responsibility of reversing such transfers"

I think this would help a lot :)

Victoira
09-26-2012, 03:19 PM
Amen and Hallelujah!!

Now, let's eat cake. :)
Hope that cake tasty:=)

Snakespeare
09-26-2012, 03:30 PM
Thank you for finally resolving this issue.

However, I would like to point out that not all players use the forum. Could you please put a notification when the game starts, after

"-Do not give your email/password to anyone"

something like

"-Items transferred to other players with the 'give' button are always considered donations - STS holds no responsibility of reversing such transfers"

I think this would help a lot :)

I disagree, Robin. Nobody in the real world needs to tell them that if they give something to a stranger, they might never see it again. It should go without saying here, too.

unrelated to the reply: I think the OP is the right way to go about it. Better that someone learn about being trustful of strangers when it's only fake money at stake. STS shouldn't have to be a nanny state.

Slant
09-26-2012, 03:44 PM
loan feature would be amazing
guilds can have it to

dudetus
09-26-2012, 03:44 PM
Loan feature added into trade function:

New era of loan scams! As a scammer is 'selling' something he then puts it as a loan of 1 minute and the foolish buyer (me) 'buys' the item.

Brave Sir Robin
09-26-2012, 04:21 PM
I disagree, Robin. Nobody in the real world needs to tell them that if they give something to a stranger, they might never see it again. It should go without saying here, too.
In real life, if I lend an item to someone and I have proof that it's mine there are legal ways to get it back. I can also have proof in game e.g. screenshot with the full dialogue which could be also validated from game logs. In fact, given that game logs record all user actions, there is always proof in game. The user should know that despite of the fact that there may be proof, STS is not willing to reverse the transfer.

In the same opening message it also states 'inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated'. To someone, this could also include borrowing an item and refusing to return it. It should become clear that this behavior is not considered inappropriate by STS simply because they don't recognise/support any transfers of type "loan" in game. It is always 'give' or 'trade'.

It's fair enough especially now that they made it clear with the forum statement. Therefore, I agree with this

unrelated to the reply: I think the OP is the right way to go about it. Better that someone learn about being trustful of strangers when it's only fake money at stake. STS shouldn't have to be a nanny state.
but please note that these virtual items actually cost real money. STS actually makes a profit from selling such virtual goods so to them these are not different from real life items.

If they put this notification in the opening message it will save us from all the drama. As I said, not all players read the forum.

BodMaster
10-01-2012, 09:12 AM
Quite funny to say the items won't be given back, heard differently.. or is that over favouritism.. I forget ;)

HunterSLAYER
10-01-2012, 10:13 PM
I heard someone got a dragon set back after "lending" it to someone who didn't return it.
I'm pretty sure sts would return your "scammed" items imo jkjk.

Kraze
10-01-2012, 10:27 PM
In real life, if I lend an item to someone and I have proof that it's mine there are legal ways to get it back. I can also have proof in game e.g. screenshot with the full dialogue which could be also validated from game logs. In fact, given that game logs record all user actions, there is always proof in game. The user should know that despite of the fact that there may be proof, STS is not willing to reverse the transfer.

In the same opening message it also states 'inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated'. To someone, this could also include borrowing an item and refusing to return it. It should become clear that this behavior is not considered inappropriate by STS simply because they don't recognise/support any transfers of type "loan" in game. It is always 'give' or 'trade'.

It's fair enough especially now that they made it clear with the forum statement. Therefore, I agree with this

but please note that these virtual items actually cost real money. STS actually makes a profit from selling such virtual goods so to them these are not different from real life items.

If they put this notification in the opening message it will save us from all the drama. As I said, not all players read the forum.

Please let's not add any more warnings to change zone stuff. It gets old getting a tell as you leave a zone and scrolling up three pages. And this lend feature would eat up a lot of server space to track. Do you want to have new content or have to deal with people spamming "Leasing Isis armor for 2k!!!!"

Brave Sir Robin
10-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Please let's not add any more warnings to change zone stuff. It gets old getting a tell as you leave a zone and scrolling up three pages. And this lend feature would eat up a lot of server space to track. Do you want to have new content or have to deal with people spamming "Leasing Isis armor for 2k!!!!"

Seriosuly? For 1 line? This is a serious matter that has caused grief and controversy in the game. Two good friends of mine (including our guild's ex-GM) quit the game because of this. As I said, the statement 'inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated' can be misinterpreted. There might still be people who think that if they have proof they can get their items back.

And did I say anything about a lend feature?

Slant
10-03-2012, 02:15 PM
loan feature wont tax the server lol
sts has offered time limited item sales in it's store as well, don't see what the problem is in this being implemented in an individual level, esp if it improves gameplay, and if it contributes to guilds being useful in the game at all, its a plus

LwMark
11-03-2012, 03:15 AM
Y do u need to loan out items? Just trade somethin of equal value or not have it at all, ir be kind an gift it to them if they need it that bad

optimisprime
11-11-2012, 12:00 AM
thank you for finally resolving this issue.

However, i would like to point out that not all players use the forum. Could you please put a notification when the game starts, after

"-do not give your email/password to anyone"

something like

"-items transferred to other players with the 'give' button are always considered donations - sts holds no responsibility of reversing such transfers"

i think this would help a lot :)

love it would be nice!!!!

Whats messed up is sts saying yes go scam people ruin the game for others.
We cant do anything to help u dont be so nice next time. Well i have learned the hard way thx sts for pointing this out. May have found new profession in game.

Jeff Williams
11-19-2012, 03:23 PM
I wish customer service would get my plat and gold back to me I lost when the server went down on Sunday 11/18/12

RedStapler
11-19-2012, 03:39 PM
You can check the status of your support ticket at this link: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/requests

We appreciate your patience! Thanks!

punished
02-24-2013, 12:07 AM
Gift=don't expect back lol x.x

Ineedafreak
03-05-2013, 03:17 AM
I want my money back. Never shoulda paid it.

Ineedafreak
03-05-2013, 03:18 AM
I want my money back

Ineedafreak
03-05-2013, 03:20 AM
Don't pay money. I want my money back. Play a game that works.

Vystirch
03-05-2013, 10:51 AM
I want my money back. Never shoulda paid it.

I want my money back

Not sure what u want........ *ladel on the sarcasim sauce* send support an email and if your problem is legit then it will be fixed.

-Vys

Twink
03-07-2013, 07:52 AM
Back to that loan feature suggestion...

I like it.

tishinama
05-22-2013, 11:51 PM
very true sir. even a reputed name like Lwmark can scam using western union, i make a big mistake by trust him.

Daddyblu
07-22-2013, 03:14 AM
how about if you lend them gold? its by trade not by gift function... so if he dont play can you get it back? if you report?

n00b13st
11-05-2013, 04:01 AM

It would be SO easy to fix but STS doesn't care. Loan could be LOAN, retrievable by owner - but they don't care. As in all of the other ways they don't care. What do they care about? Apparently forums trolling. Go ahead and troll me now, I'm no longer here.

Pvpandctf
11-05-2013, 04:46 AM

LOL!

Mezderak
02-09-2014, 11:15 AM
that's why you don't "lend" especially when items are tough to get in the first place "gift button" is more like a "goodbye button" you won't see it again.

inkredible
02-11-2014, 12:02 AM
that's why you don't "lend" especially when items are tough to get in the first place "gift button" is more like a "goodbye button" you won't see it again.

hmm a lend button with limitation

"lending for 1,2,8,12,24 hours" option then the item returns back to you in the time you lent it for