PDA

View Full Version : My lvl 70 account stolen

Xxxdemonicxxx
09-24-2012, 09:20 PM
Hey guys im preety angry but i was just scammed my lvl 70 warrior account was scammed by a friend that was just gonna play on my account little did i know he was gonna change the email an password, if any of u guys can donate any spare accounts or just simply gold i would apprechiate it my id is: xxxdemonicxxx plz just add me and do what u can.

Noodleleg
09-24-2012, 09:25 PM
This kind of goes against a lot in the terms of service... I'm sorry to hear what happened, but you shouldn't resort to begging on forums o_O! That's how you ruin your reputation! Nonetheless, I hope for the best! Email support@spacetimestudios.com and see what they can do for you :/...

Cobraguy
09-25-2012, 12:58 AM
I always wondered why it says "DO NOT GIVE YOUR EMAIL AND PASSWORD TO ANYNONE" every time you enter town......

Lesson learned, better hope your device doesn't get banned, then you can't play at all....

KingFu
09-25-2012, 01:22 AM
Nothing personal, but I really hope the devs stop with helping people recover their items/accounts. It's becoming way too common of a problem, and if they didn't provide that service, people would be more cautious with giving out that stuff. Not to mention, they pick and choose who they want to help, which does nothing but add controversy.

pointblast5
09-25-2012, 01:31 AM
wow that sucks wen i let my friend play a little on my account he stole some of my money :(

lilweezy
09-25-2012, 01:35 AM
doh

Urqui
09-25-2012, 01:50 AM
Don't trust anybody PERIOD

Bigsleazy
09-25-2012, 03:18 AM
Nothing personal, but I really hope the devs stop with helping people recover their items/accounts. It's becoming way too common of a problem, and if they didn't provide that service, people would be more cautious with giving out that stuff. Not to mention, they pick and choose who they want to help, which does nothing but add controversy.

This. Would you give your keys to a complete stranger and expect everything to be there when you get home?

Pakax
09-25-2012, 07:37 AM
It is quite interesting how social media / technology has blurred the concept of friendship these days. Pixel friends are easier to find than real life friends and there is a reason for that. Rule of thumbs that has been written/commented on many many times: do not lend naything that you cannot afford / don't want to afford to lose.

@Cobraguy - LOL - very true.
@Mysticaldream - I would agree with that fully.

Suentous PO
09-25-2012, 08:40 AM
That you gave your acc info and also said "if anyone could donate a spare acc." makes me think you should read the tos slowly.

Walkhardd
09-25-2012, 08:43 AM
Lesson learned.

Don't let the gas attendant borrow your car.

MightyMicah
09-25-2012, 08:45 AM

I doubt not helping would accomplish anything. The careless will still continue to be careless. It is better to save one life than none at all.

wvhills
09-25-2012, 08:45 AM
STS should put up a warning that lets people know not to give out their account information. It should be obvious too, maybe have it appear on ur screen not just when u log on but everytime u enter a new instance. Just a thought.

Walkhardd
09-25-2012, 08:46 AM
STS should put up a warning that lets people know not to give out their account information. It should be obvious too, maybe have it appear on ur screen not just when u log on but everytime u enter a new instance. Just a thought.

Omg. Genius! !!!

Put this in suggestions! !!

BodMaster
09-25-2012, 08:49 AM

Kudo's! What a brilliant suggestion xD

Ninja'd :p

Chopper
09-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Too many people letting people use their accounts. Just dont do it.

Justg
09-25-2012, 08:57 AM
>.<

RedStapler
09-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Hey All,

Please click on over to a post I made yesterday entitled, "And Now, A Word From Your Customer Support Team..." (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?69958-And-Now-A-Word-From-Your-Customer-Support-Team%85)

It deals with gifting rather than sharing account information, but the message is the same.

For the TL;DR crowd, here's the important bit:

Please always keep in mind that we are on the Internet, and that there is no way to be sure who's on the other side of the connection. No matter how many raids you do together, no matter how much you hang out in-game or on the forums, unless you know someone in meatspace, there's no way to be sure that they're as cool as they've made themselves out to be.

It's a cynical way to view the world, but you can never be too careful.

Thanks for playing, and in the words of Wil Wheaton, "Don't be a dick."