View Full Version : 2023-06-08 Content Update (303367)

asommers
06-08-2023, 12:09 PM
+ The Goblin Event is back for two weeks starting at 1:30PM Central on June 8th!
+ Rescue the townsfolk of Littleridge from an onslaught of poisonous Goblins!
+ Defeat the Goblin Mother for a chance to loot special vanity items!
+ Collect tokens to trade for special recipes, equipment and a new Gargoyle Pet.
+ Check out the event preview here (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?699447-Preview-Return-to-Littleridge-for-the-2023-Goblin-Event!)!
+ Reverted Fish Oil damage and experience elixir effects stacking changes until the end of the season.
+ Added categories to player badge selection (All|Achievement|Event|Seasonal)
+ Added categories to player title selection (All|Achievement|Event|Seasonal)
+ Updated the secure trade ui in preparation for allowing more items (you can still only trade 4 items)
+ Corrected Orcfire Sword damage display values.

Limits 61
06-08-2023, 12:12 PM
Awesome !!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230608/78f21022ad0de6fcd52dc11df7d11d7a.jpg

Wysłane z mojego RMX3085 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Switchback
06-08-2023, 12:13 PM
What you should revert is the slots update.

caabarader
06-08-2023, 12:18 PM
No roadmap update?

Enviado de meu SM-A037M usando o Tapatalk

profmsb
06-08-2023, 12:19 PM
loading after this updte...dang...got few elix left to run...was ok before these update

Salvatory
06-08-2023, 12:19 PM
roadmap updated when?

arozalihd
06-08-2023, 12:20 PM
Many players having log in issues , stuck on loading screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asommers
06-08-2023, 12:22 PM
Many players having log in issues , stuck on loading screen

Looking into this. Some are not affected, but luckily, I'm encountering it too.

-ALS

asommers
06-08-2023, 12:44 PM

-ALS

This should be fixed.

-ALS

HappyDINO
06-08-2023, 12:52 PM
sir can u lower the crate key cost for bound slots . 150 crate key for 25 slots is not fair

|Ares|
06-08-2023, 04:15 PM
+ Reverted Fish Oil damage and experience elixir effects stacking changes until the end of the season.

Honestly, what even is the point playing this game if you're reverting changes that was making the game a tad fair. Absolutely no point putting any form of feedback if you ever ask people to do so.
Just paywall everything straight away.

Cinco
06-08-2023, 04:23 PM
Honestly, what even is the point playing this game if you're reverting changes that was making the game a tad fair. Absolutely no point putting any form of feedback if you ever ask people to do so.
Just paywall everything straight away.

Changes to the Fish Oil stacking affected the LB's to such an extent that there was no possible way to compete with the existing / prior top scores.

We chose not to wipe the scores for the current season and instead allow players to compete with the 'stacking' Fish Oils 'til seasons end.

The Fish Oil stacking rules will change at the beginning of next season.

|Ares|
06-08-2023, 04:29 PM
Changes to the Fish Oil stacking affected the LB's to such an extent that there was no possible way to compete with the existing / prior top scores.

We chose not to wipe the scores for the current season and instead allow players to compete with the 'stacking' Fish Oils 'til seasons end.

The Fish Oil stacking rules will change at the beginning of next season.

If you compare some of the elite dungeon, crypts or arena map times or whatever you should see that some records have changed to the better ones after the change was implemented.
What do you mean by "there was no possible way to compete with the existing prior top scores". No one even ran anything yet or even tried to do so to set proper time.
You're not gonna convince me that you actually play this game before and after those changes were put in motion.
Which scores are you even talking about? Monthly leaderboards had a reset week ago and anything set after June 1st was only possibly done with just 1 fish oil stacked on top of 25%/30% damage kit.
Arena has not been touched since April because people tend to compete for it closer to when season ends, no crypts were set in that time either and some elite maps were literally done last week.
Genuinely, are you actually checking the data of what's going on?

Mamacivat
06-08-2023, 04:35 PM

-ALSBefore %80 p2w this game now %100 p2w sts you need cash you buy bitcoin. I am player 6 years. Dont kill this game..

SM-A325F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Voorge
06-08-2023, 04:36 PM
LMFAOOO you “can’t beat” scores made with 1 tame so u had to bring tames stacking back, that’s jokes

Cinco
06-08-2023, 04:48 PM
LMFAOOO you “can’t beat” scores made with 1 tame so u had to bring tames stacking back, that’s jokes

We should've held onto the Fish Oil stacking elixir change 'til the season end. My bad that we didn't.

Reverting the change vs. wiping the LB's... we decided that reverting the change would be best.

Figured there'd be some folks who liked the change and some who don't. It's LB play after all - so emotions run high ;-)

Fish Oil stacking limits will return at the start of next season.

Voorge
06-08-2023, 04:52 PM
We should've held onto the Fish Oil stacking elixir change 'til the season end. My bad that we didn't.

Reverting the change vs. wiping the LB's... we decided that reverting the change would be best.

Figured there'd be some folks who liked the change and some who don't. It's LB play after all - so emotions run high ;-)

So a non elixir lb is still a pointless idea, right.
Think if there’d be a room for that conversation if you listened to people who play your game rather than doing what you decide is the ‘best’ for the players.

Kystone
06-08-2023, 04:55 PM
Let’s add pure/enhanced again to avoid this 👍

Cinco
06-08-2023, 04:57 PM
So a non elixir lb is still a pointless idea, right.
Think if there’d be a room for that conversation if you listened to people who play your game rather than doing what you decide is the ‘best’ for the players.

If you want to have a discussion about a non-elixir LB you should start a thread in Suggestions or General.

My response to you related to the Fish Oil elixir stacking rules change - which were reverted for the remainder of the current season.

|Ares|
06-08-2023, 04:58 PM

I would rather have you "wipe" the leaderboard that was not even touched since April rather than giving that tame stack back for the last 3 weeks of the season.
It's not a first time things are being implemented into motion soon before the season is over, can you actually stop doing that and if by any means necessary apply the changes when season starts rather than when it ends?
There's nothing to like at all, you reverted the change that made the game fair - it hasn't been accustomed by people that compete yet (once again check the data, dates, attempts - anything, whatever).
Once again, there wasn't even anything to wipe, any map times set were easily beatable even with 1 tame, people just didn't bother to run so early this season because of events mostly.

Also, since when putting random changes in motion got anything to do with "Lb play after all". You're not backing up this revert by any reasonable point.
I'm sorry but "Done and dusted" or "Here comes something none of you asked for" is absolutely how it looks like.

Cinco
06-08-2023, 04:59 PM
Let’s add pure/enhanced again to avoid this ��

Resurrecting Pure / Enhanced is not interesting to me - but like I mentioned in another reply: feel free to start a conversation on this in Suggestions or General.

Kystone
06-08-2023, 05:02 PM
Resurrecting Pure / Enhanced is not interesting to me - but like I mentioned in another reply: feel free to start a conversation on this in Suggestions or General.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?677467-Pure-and-enchanced-timed-leaderboard

There already was one by him

Cinco
06-08-2023, 05:03 PM
https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?677467-Pure-and-enchanced-timed-leaderboard

There already was one by him

And a developer response indicating why it's unlikely to happen.

Best wishes!! :-))

Kystone
06-08-2023, 05:07 PM

And his reasoning is about gear, the thread was about elixirs. He closed the thread with a comment that had nothing to do with it. But oh well

|Ares|
06-08-2023, 05:08 PM

It was the same developer that previously said that they don't the see the difference in usage of tames in timed runs because maps are still done in short period of time.
Can we actually have a conversation about it?

Cinco
And his reasoning is about gear, the thread was about elixirs. He closed the thread with a comment that had nothing to do with it. But oh well

No; it's about rewards.

It's not worth creating two distinct suites of rewards for Pure and Enhanced.

I most certainly agree.

Voorge

Ah yes my bad I didn’t consider developers response, the same developer that shared this thoughtful comment backed up by game knowledge and experience https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230608/b8ae8ad341b080bd93abd28a4df1a0ca.jpg

Cinco
06-08-2023, 05:09 PM
It was the same developer that previously said that they don't the see the difference in usage of tames in timed runs because maps are still done in short period of time.
Can we actually have a conversation about it?

Sure.

Convince me.

|Ares|
06-08-2023, 05:11 PM
Sure.

Convince me.

Voorge posted the screenshot above, don't you think you actually went against the idea in first place?

Cinco
06-08-2023, 05:12 PM
Ah yes my bad I didn’t consider developers response, the same developer that shared this thoughtful comment backed up by game knowledge and experience https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230608/b8ae8ad341b080bd93abd28a4df1a0ca.jpg

The response on Pure / Enhanced is about making two distinct sets of rewards.

Cinco
06-08-2023, 05:13 PM
Voorge posted the screenshot above, don't you think you actually went against the idea in first place?

Explain why we should make a distinct set of Pure LB rewards and a set of Enhanced LB rewards and how it's not stretching us too thin.

That's the content of the response, the reason the other thread was shut down...

I'm interested to hear your opinions.

|Ares|
06-08-2023, 05:16 PM
Explain why we should make a distinct set of Pure LB rewards and a set of Enhanced LB rewards and how it's not stretching us too thin.

That's the content of the response, the reason the other thread was shut down...

I'm interested to hear your opinions.

You're missing the point, people don't care about the rewards at this point - everyone care about the changes you implement out of sudden that pretty much ruin the game experience for anyone that wants to compete.
Ask exactly whether people would like to see different sets of rewards for Pure on Enhanced leaderboard (back when last time those were given in season 12) and you'll see that people would rather just not have excessive amount of damage elixirs
stack that makes this category of leaderboard completely pay to win.

Cinco
06-08-2023, 05:17 PM
You're missing the point, people don't care about the rewards at this point - everyone care about the changes you implement out of sudden that pretty much ruin the game experience for anyone that wants to compete.
Ask exactly whether people would like to see different sets of rewards for Pure on Enhanced leaderboard (back when last time those were given in season 12) and you'll see that people would rather just not have excessive amount of damage elixirs
stack that makes this category of leaderboard completely pay to win.

Cool.

The stacking Fish Oil elixir changes will return at the start of next season.

Best wishes!!

Kystone
06-08-2023, 05:18 PM
Atp just give us an honor set 🤦*♀️

Kelyx
06-08-2023, 05:20 PM
Cool.

Best wishes!!Talking about timed leaderboard...

Is it hard to make a chest with full sets that can be used in "timed leaderboard" that you guys made to separate timed leaderboard from normal elite maps?

I mean, everyone wants a competitive leaderboard just give them the same items and pets [emoji2369]

Enviado desde mi SM-G781B mediante Tapatalk

|Ares|
06-08-2023, 05:22 PM
Cool.

Best wishes!!

Return at the start of next season and can we expect it to stay actually?

Cinco
06-08-2023, 05:24 PM
Atp just give us an honor set ��*♀️

I mean, everyone wants a competitive leaderboard just give them the same items and pets

A special set for a special LB has always interested me - but analytics indicates that it'll be extremely fringe.

I've got something in the works but it won't happen 'til after the 86 expansion (probably).

On paper it's called the "Dragon Drape Challenge" and you can only equip a specific variety of gear and can only have a specific set of Pets (no Slots open). As a concept I think it's super challenging and fun but I do really question how popular it'll be. The idea has been around since 2018 or so and I keep coming back to the idea that it'll only entertain a handful of AL players.

Cinco
06-08-2023, 05:25 PM
Return at the start of next season and can we expect it to stay actually?

Yes. The plan is for this change to remain indefinitely.