PDA

View Full Version : Free Help for those that have been "Scammed/Hacked", or had your account "stolen".

YYZ????
09-25-2012, 09:37 AM
My help is to offer advice!

1st off, the likelihood of your account getting stolen or hacked is slim to none. So if you say it was hacked/stolen, chances are no one will believe you.

The most likely cause of losing your account is that you gave it away! When you give your account to another person you should not assume you will get it back. In fact, in some cultures it is not polite to give someone something then ask for it back.

If you like your characters and account, please keep it!

Most of us love the STS games and appreciate the effort the Developers put into the game. When they have to constantly respond to requests from people who are having seconds thoughts about giving their accounts away, it takes them away from more important/relevant issues.

Remember, for the millionth time "Do not give your email/password to anyone!"

CrimsonTider
09-25-2012, 09:39 AM
Well put. I am sure someone will disagree with ya and to them I say: Common sense isn't so common.

Kraze
09-25-2012, 10:15 AM
You forgot give means give...so tired of those threads

wvhills
09-25-2012, 10:22 AM
but what if I gave my items to someone and they didn't give them back? can I haz help then plz?

StompArtist
09-25-2012, 10:25 AM
but what if I gave my items to someone and they didn't give them back? can I haz help then plz?

Yeah. You get them back and the person also keeps them. It's a double your items trick.

RedStapler
09-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Hey All,

Please click on over to a post I made yesterday entitled, "And Now, A Word From Your Customer Support Team..."

It deals with gifting rather than sharing account information, but the message is the same.

For the TL;DR crowd, here's the important bit:

Please always keep in mind that we are on the Internet, and that there is no way to be sure who's on the other side of the connection. No matter how many raids you do together, no matter how much you hang out in-game or on the forums, unless you know someone in meatspace, there's no way to be sure that they're as cool as they've made themselves out to be.

It's a cynical way to view the world, but you can never be too careful.

Thanks for playing, and in the words of Wil Wheaton, "Don't be a dick."

CrimsonTider
09-25-2012, 11:16 AM
"Don't be a dick."

Just had to explain to my students why I spewed my water all over the floor! LOL

RedStapler
09-25-2012, 11:40 AM
Always glad to provide a laugh, CrimsonTider. :)

wvhills
09-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Just had to explain to my students why I spewed my water all over the floor! LOL

spew? O.o

RedStapler
09-25-2012, 01:04 PM
I believe CrimsonTider means a spit-take. :)

For my next trick, I'll make him shoot milk out of his nose.

Suentous PO
09-25-2012, 01:09 PM
The phrase meatspace made me laugh too

Brave Sir Robin
09-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Thanks for playing, and in the words of Wil Wheaton, "Don't be a dick."

I initially read "Don't be a click"

maybe because of the stapler, dunno

;)

CrimsonTider
09-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Why am I out of thanks???? lol

Brave Sir Robin
09-25-2012, 02:23 PM
nvm I got some spare ones ;)

Bunnyshoota
09-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Lol. I got some teeth removed and after reading redstapler, I just spit-taked blood all over my keyboard :(

DXDARKXSOULXD
09-26-2012, 12:27 AM
................... i got scammed with trade money they less the 000 zero value and i cant screen shot it cause no turning it back its easy to get confused with the zero but men thats when i got bankcrupt

DXDARKXSOULXD
09-26-2012, 12:27 AM
and also no help

LwMark
09-26-2012, 12:43 AM
lol meatspace haaha

Ephesius
09-26-2012, 10:43 AM
................... i got scammed with trade money they less the 000 zero value and i cant screen shot it cause no turning it back its easy to get confused with the zero but men thats when i got bankcrupt

Thats not a scam you werent paying attention. You can not report someone for a mistake u made. For ex.

If I were to pvp you and win and u owed me 1mill and didnt give then oh well gf

DXDARKXSOULXD
09-26-2012, 11:12 AM
i am not reporting just telling it and also when i write no help that mean i regain without anyone's help , i know i made a mistake but its really hard if to find out the zeroo if ur in the hurry to sleep!

Yich
09-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Anyone silly enough to make their own thread about being scammed will surely disregard this thread. Also, there's one known as Gnosis whose purpose in life is to reply to support tickets. The noobs give him/her a reason to live.

Ephesius
09-26-2012, 11:39 AM
The word silly is for 2 year olds we are all grown men, the term "Stupid" isnt s bad word to say unless you are trying to troll