PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy S III or iPhone 5 - opinions wanted

JaytB
09-26-2012, 07:42 AM
Hi all,

Since I'm still sporting an iPhone 4, I figured it might be time to upgrade to a better device.

I'm doubting between 2 devices, the Samsung Galaxy SIII or the iPhone 5.

I would like to know if the things listed below are easily achievable on a Samsung SIII:

* quick way to get an overview of new mails from various (around 5) different E-mail addresses, preferably from the lockscreen. I use a jailbreak tool to get a nice overview of new mail on my lockscreen with the ability to read/delete new mail without unlocking my phone.
* The mail app should be able to display a consolidated inbox showing me all my new mail from my various E-mail addresses. Preferably they should be able to be grouped according to other criteria (like flags, or specific E-mail addresses).
* I like reading specific websites on my phone in full screen (I use a jailbreak tool too to get safari in fullscreen). Is it easy to go fullscreen on the SIII browser?
* I'd like to stream video's from my home PC to my phone from anywhere there's an Internet connection. I use an app called AirVideo for this (only available on iOS). I'd also like to be able to display those video's on a normal television set, with the use of some cable or docking station.

So yeah, since I'm a complete Android noob, I was wondering if the things mentioned above are easily achievable on the Galaxy SIII?

Since I've always owned an iPhone, I bought tons of apps on there. So, I'm leaning more towards iPhone 5 at the moment. In current benchmark and durability tests, the iPhone also tops the SIII in just about any area. The only reason I would want to switch to a Samsung is the big screen (although it also lost in therms of quality vs the iPhone 5 screen in a very recent test).

So yeah, any feedback is welcome. I'm trying to figure out if the SIII and android, could be for me or not.

I hope this thread isn't going to turn out in another Android vs iOS flamewar LOL.

dudetus
09-26-2012, 03:55 PM
Buy Samsung Galaxy SIII - the best iPhone.

Growwle
09-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Android gives you more control over you phone but iOS is seemingly more secure. I would go with the iPhone 5, since Apple is going to litigate Samsung out of the smartphone business.

Noodleleg
09-26-2012, 04:34 PM
I'd do iPhone 5 because you can iCloud sync everything to your new phone... Instead of restarting from scratch on a new type of device...

CrimsonTider
09-26-2012, 04:37 PM
You know I am an Android fan, but if you have a lot of music/apps tied up through iTunes, I would stick with the iPhone.

However, this is why I don't use Apple so I don't have to worry about this issue. :p

Cahaun
09-26-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm not sure I can say much as mine is a Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate :p

Otukura
09-26-2012, 06:13 PM
In response to your question, yes, they all are. I'd suggest getting a different browser anyway, as they're a huge improvement in speed.

Piosidon
09-26-2012, 06:18 PM
iPhone cause it's very simple to use

zappaxe
09-26-2012, 06:19 PM
iPhone all the way. Much better imo.

Ardon
09-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Possibly the SGS3.
I'm personally waiting on the new Nexus to come out until I get a new phone.

TANKKAAR
09-26-2012, 07:01 PM
How I feel about Apple is summed up right here...lol

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx287/Tedpotter3/images-7.jpg

Growwle
09-26-2012, 07:07 PM
I'd do iPhone 5 because you can iCloud sync everything to your new phone... Instead of restarting from scratch on a new type of device...

If you use Google for your contacts and email, you can import the data to an Android too.

YYZ????
09-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Messed around with both the last couple days. Samsung screen is pretty sweet, I could not tell if it was lesser quality.

I am an iphone guy so there are certain things that I liked better about the iphone.

If I am not mistaken you are in the ERP business? One thing you may want to consider is how the ERP systems you use interface with the different devices. The system we are going to allow's limited functionality through mobile apps.

bronislav84
09-26-2012, 07:45 PM
It has all that if you look hard enough, but let me tell you something you might be overlooking or forgetting: If you're a longstanding iCrap user, you will lose access to ALL your paid apps. All of them. I want to tell you to get the S3, but I don't want you to have to re-buy all your apps.

Btw S3 out benches i5. It has to because of better processors. Maybe they compared to the American S3, which I think still beats the i5 but not sure, but the European one simply can't be beat out. It's a quad core phone.

shadow90
09-26-2012, 10:12 PM
It has all that if you look hard enough, but let me tell you something you might be overlooking or forgetting: If you're a longstanding iCrap user, you will lose access to ALL your paid apps. All of them. I want to tell you to get the S3, but I don't want you to have to re-buy all your apps.

Btw S3 out benches i5. It has to because of better processors. Maybe they compared to the American S3, which I think still beats the i5 but not sure, but the European one simply can't be beat out. It's a quad core phone.

Actually iPhone 5 beat Samsung Galaxy SIII in benchmarks.
http://www1.pcmag.com/media/images/359037-iphone-5-vs-android-chart.jpg?thumb=y
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2410034,00.asp

BodMaster
09-26-2012, 11:50 PM
I have the international SGIII, and I can't say that I could have chosen a better device. Got it on the day of release and not given me any trouble what-so ever.

US users are getting the short end of the stick, you would need to import to see the gain of the Quadcore on International version.

That said, if you have put a small fortune into your apps/music etc you are most likely better of staying with iOS. (But only knowing this will continue, meaning sometimes better to jump of the bandwagon before it's too late)

Haven't looked into your specific requirements, but anything is possible if rooted. If I have time will check it out and give you a heads up.

BodMaster
09-26-2012, 11:54 PM
Actually iPhone 5 beat Samsung Galaxy SIII in benchmarks.http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2410034,00.asp

US version, Bron is talking about International version do you not listen?

WarlordBears
09-27-2012, 02:16 AM
Samsung Galaxy S III no regrets!

HunterSLAYER
09-27-2012, 02:28 AM
Just look at the quote under my sig and you will know which is best for ya ^^

HunterSLAYER
09-27-2012, 02:29 AM
He's brainwashed by Apple, don't waste your breath explaining to fanboys.

Urqui
09-27-2012, 03:25 AM
Good website where you can compare the features of both phones have side by side;)
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=4238

JaytB
09-27-2012, 04:50 AM
Thanks for all the answers! I'll go read them through right now :D

JaytB
09-27-2012, 06:09 AM
Sorry for the double post, I just went through all your feedback...

Can't you take a backup on Android and restore it when you get a new phone??

You know I am an Android fan, but if you have a lot of music/apps tied up through iTunes, I would stick with the iPhone.

However, this is why I don't use Apple so I don't have to worry about this issue. :p

Isn't it the same when I buy apps from Android? I mean, I'd be stuck with Android too right? Maybe it's different for music, but I'm not that big of a music fan.

In response to your question, yes, they all are. I'd suggest getting a different browser anyway, as they're a huge improvement in speed.

In response to what question? O.o
Did you mean the full screen browsing?

Messed around with both the last couple days. Samsung screen is pretty sweet, I could not tell if it was lesser quality.

I am an iphone guy so there are certain things that I liked better about the iphone.

If I am not mistaken you are in the ERP business? One thing you may want to consider is how the ERP systems you use interface with the different devices. The system we are going to allow's limited functionality through mobile apps.

Yeah, I'm in the ERP business, but this is going to be my private device. I couldn't care less about ERP connectivity in this case.

And I have to agree, I held a friends' S3 yesterday and the screen is pretty sweet. Only whites weren't as white as on even my current iPhone (4), but all in all a very decent screen.

Thanks for the reminder about the apps, but I don't have a problem with having to rebuy apps for a new phone. I can still use most of the apps on my iPad anyway.

As for the performance... When speaking about performance it's not simply cores and/or clockspeed that determine speed. Lower clocked cores can achieve much better results when the CPU architecture is better.
And let's not forget the software. Android makes one operating system for all types of CPU's/GPU's, so it wouldn't be a stretch to think that not all hardware is always optimally used.
Apple on the other hand custom designs each chip for the software it has to run. As mentioned in this thread already, CPU performance of the iPhone seem to outclass even the international version of the S3. Some very respectable sites (like Anandtech) published those tests (http://www.anandtech.com/show/6324/the-iphone-5-performance-preview). And then we're not even speaking about GPU performance...

But yeah, I guess both processors will be more then fast enough for anything I could possibly throw at it :)

That said, if you have put a small fortune into your apps/music etc you are most likely better of staying with iOS. (But only knowing this will continue, meaning sometimes better to jump of the bandwagon before it's too late)

About that bandwagon, I got the same response as I had for Crim... If I switch to Android and buy a bunch of Android apps, wouldn't that mean I'm tied to Android just as much?

Good website where you can compare the features of both phones have side by side;)

Thanks! Nice overview :)

Ardon
09-27-2012, 07:07 AM
Btw, there's a sale 25¢ sale for the next 5 days on Google Play on some apps. If you are leaning towards android you might want to pick some up before the sale ends

CrimsonTider
09-27-2012, 07:14 AM
I guess what I am saying is you would have to purchase all your apps and music again if you switch to Android. To me if you have put a lot of money into this stuff and you are happy with Apple, then stay where you are. But if you haven't spent that much in apps or music and/or are looking for a change, then I would personally make the change.

Remember that if you have a lot of music purchased through iTunes to either buy an iPod or keep your iPhone to use as one. Music purchased through them cannot be put on MP3 devices.

JaytB
09-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Btw, there's a sale 25¢ sale for the next 5 days on Google Play on some apps. If you are leaning towards android you might want to pick some up before the sale ends

Yeah, I saw that. I dont think I'll be able to get it that soon though, I still haven't decided on which device to buy yet and it will need to be sent to me through the specific carrier that I want to order it with, so that would take a couple of work days. Thanks for letting me know though :)

I guess what I am saying is you would have to purchase all your apps and music again if you switch to Android. To me if you have put a lot of money into this stuff and you are happy with Apple, then stay where you are. But if you haven't spent that much in apps or music and/or are looking for a change, then I would personally make the change.

Remember that if you have a lot of music purchased through iTunes to either buy an iPod or keep your iPhone to use as one. Music purchased through them cannot be put on MP3 devices.

I did spent a reasonable amount of money on apps but, as you mentioned, I'm kind of looking for a change too. Not all apps will be a wasted though, cause most of them are usable on my iPad too.

As for music, I don't own too many songs as I'm not an avid music collector.

Currently, I'm leaning more towards the S3 because I just love that huge screen. But, nothing is sure yet.

Ow man, decisions decisions :D

CrimsonTider
09-27-2012, 08:30 AM
Sounds good. I actually went with the Samsung Nexus. I cannot remember why at this moment but the salesman was actually higher on the Nexus than the S3. (Very similar phones though.)

Noodleleg
09-27-2012, 09:55 PM
I went to the Apple store today... The back of the iPhone 5 looks so bad that it's not even funny. If Apple could be represented by a meme right now, it'd be:

Troll face
With
"Hehe we ruined the back just to troll you guys ;)!"

Somebody make it please lol?

WarTornBird
09-27-2012, 10:08 PM
I talked to a guy at Radioshack the other day. He told me that the iPhone 5 is the same as the iPhone 4s with a little more speed and a little bit more slim. He said I currently have the fatest phone on the market which would be the HTC 4G LTE...that being said, sinch LTE is a super 4G, not to many towers are around. I'm lucky and have one where I live. Plus the layout of the phone is very simple.
If you ask me id say Samsung. Mr. Eric of Radioshack told me that the Samsung was a little more simple than the HTC's and nearly as fast. It's a really smooth phone with easy transitions.

shadow90
09-27-2012, 10:51 PM

Benchmarks results says it all.

shadow90
09-27-2012, 10:54 PM
He's brainwashed by Apple, don't waste your breath explaining to fanboys.

And you're brainwashed by Samsung.
Not a fanboy but i hate people saying Samsug Galaxy SIII is faster than iPhone 5 when benchmarks results says iPhone 5 is faster.
They can't run away from the truth neither do you fanboy.

HunterSLAYER
09-27-2012, 11:32 PM
And you're brainwashed by Samsung.
Not a fanboy but i hate people saying Samsug Galaxy SIII is faster than iPhone 5 when benchmarks results says iPhone 5 is faster.
They can't run away from the truth neither do you fanboy.

I never said that the S III was better than the iPhone 5 in this thread.
Don't anyhow assume i just said that you were "Brainwashed" by Apple cos' in Red's thread you were refusing to accept the fact that the Lg Optimus G(IDIOT, I was referring to that all the time since that thread) had better benchmark scores as it beats the SIII in every single benchmark result so far when the iPhone 5 hardly even beat the Int. version of the SIII in benchmark results(benchmark results of both phones were really close except for page loading speeds(so far that's what i saw at least.).

I don't want to start any fights(especially in a GOA's thread) but if you want to continue falsely accusing people of things they never said it will be more than a post report(you've been going overboard you know, know your limits!)

Mark my words, for your days are numbered here if you continue posting with this kind of attitude that pisses people off.

Edit: I'm usually really nice(as my friends ig would know), but so far you seem to be the first person i really dislike(i would compare you to Acu seriously.)

Otukura
09-28-2012, 01:25 AM
In response to what question? O.o

The bolded part.

I would like to know if the things listed below are easily achievable on a Samsung SIII:

* quick way to get an overview of new mails from various (around 5) different E-mail addresses, preferably from the lockscreen. I use a jailbreak tool to get a nice overview of new mail on my lockscreen with the ability to read/delete new mail without unlocking my phone.
* The mail app should be able to display a consolidated inbox showing me all my new mail from my various E-mail addresses. Preferably they should be able to be grouped according to other criteria (like flags, or specific E-mail addresses).
* I like reading specific websites on my phone in full screen (I use a jailbreak tool too to get safari in fullscreen). Is it easy to go fullscreen on the SIII browser?
* I'd like to stream video's from my home PC to my phone from anywhere there's an Internet connection. I use an app called AirVideo for this (only available on iOS). I'd also like to be able to display those video's on a normal television set, with the use of some cable or docking station.

So yeah, since I'm a complete Android noob, I was wondering if the things mentioned above are easily achievable on the Galaxy SIII?.

wrt to page loading speeds in the above post, using the default browser isn't the greatest option -- which is what they were tested on. if they used a 3rd party one it would be so much faster.

shadow90
09-28-2012, 02:25 AM
I never said that the S III was better than the iPhone 5 in this thread.
Don't anyhow assume i just said that you were "Brainwashed" by Apple cos' in Red's thread you were refusing to accept the fact that the Lg Optimus G(IDIOT, I was referring to that all the time since that thread) had better benchmark scores as it beats the SIII in every single benchmark result so far when the iPhone 5 hardly even beat the Int. version of the SIII in benchmark results(benchmark results of both phones were really close except for page loading speeds(so far that's what i saw at least.).

I don't want to start any fights(especially in a GOA's thread) but if you want to continue falsely accusing people of things they never said it will be more than a post report(you've been going overboard you know, know your limits!)

Mark my words, for your days are numbered here if you continue posting with this kind of attitude that pisses people off.

Edit: I'm usually really nice(as my friends ig would know), but so far you seem to be the first person i really dislike(i would compare you to Acu seriously.)

Well i was talking to bronislav84 about his inaccurate information.
And i post a more accurate information about Samsung Galaxy SIII and iPhone 5 (It's not even related to LG Optimus G dip****)
And then you say i'm being brainwashed by apple.
It's all in this thread.
And you're the idiot now.

HunterSLAYER
09-28-2012, 02:41 AM
Well i was talking to bronislav84 about his inaccurate information.
And i post a more accurate information about Samsung Galaxy SIII and iPhone 5 (It's not even related to LG Optimus G dip****)
And then you say i'm being brainwashed by apple.
It's all in this thread.
And you're the idiot now.

Your lack of understanding baffles me and your reasoning is flawed.
Bod was trying to explain to you about how the Siii is better than the iPhone 5, i merely told him not to waste his time explaining to you(did i refer to the S iii ?)

Bron's info is not 100% inacuurate as many benchmark results already showed that neither of the two phones are more powerful than the other (the iPhone5 only managed to beat the SIII in page loading speeds on WIFI and 4G).

(Who's the idiot now?)

Honestly, don't want to insult you or anything, but are you so stupid that you cannot accept the fact that neither of the two phones are more powerful and speedier than the other?
Your replies are mostly quoted from websites that gives one-sided views which only explains your stupidity.
You're a waste of space in this thread and obviously hopeless.
I hope you find joy in proclaiming that the iPhone 5 is the "best" phone to date.

Kids nowdays...you can't even post an argument without using profanities...is your mouth really that foul?

TheMatrixMan
09-28-2012, 02:51 AM
iPhone 5, because it has the best maps

HunterSLAYER
09-28-2012, 02:54 AM
iPhone 5, because it has the best maps

Yep, best maps to help you get lost.

shadow90
09-28-2012, 07:47 AM
Your lack of understanding baffles me and your reasoning is flawed.
Bod was trying to explain to you about how the Siii is better than the iPhone 5, i merely told him not to waste his time explaining to you(did i refer to the S iii ?)

Bron's info is not 100% inacuurate as many benchmark results already showed that neither of the two phones are more powerful than the other (the iPhone5 only managed to beat the SIII in page loading speeds on WIFI and 4G).

(Who's the idiot now?)

Honestly, don't want to insult you or anything, but are you so stupid that you cannot accept the fact that neither of the two phones are more powerful and speedier than the other?
Your replies are mostly quoted from websites that gives one-sided views which only explains your stupidity.
You're a waste of space in this thread and obviously hopeless.
I hope you find joy in proclaiming that the iPhone 5 is the "best" phone to date.

Kids nowdays...you can't even post an argument without using profanities..your mouth is so foul you need dettol to clean it!

I like how you only say only iPhone 5 is faster in browsing.
iPhone 5 is more faster than Samsung Galaxy SIII in Browser and OS.
And some of the websites that did the benchmarks are from an android fan website.
Are you sure it's one-sided?
If you're a android hardcore brainless fan to the core.
Then this will be the last time i will speak to you.
Stop running away from the truth.

HunterSLAYER
09-28-2012, 08:12 AM
Oh no! What did the "overly obsessive Apple Fanboy" post again?
I can't see it :P
Read/Study more before you post anything here..till then..i'm not going to read posts from brainless fanboys like you.

Continue posting...cos' i can't see them :D

"This message is hidden because shadow90 is on your ignore list (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist)."

And i'm done posting in this thread. I bet Jaytb wants to kill me now(Sry Jay didn't mean to mess up your thread.)

BodMaster
09-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Benchmarks results says it all.

Why do you continue to make a fool of yourself, first it was Facebook, now Android fan site, who cares? I know what my device is capable of, and its perfect for my needs. (Stock Browser isn't the best or fastest browser around, but do I worry? No I just download a better one suited to my needs)

JaytB wanted to know if it can do what's stated in the OP. He has already said seen the Benchmarks and doesn't care for them much, as long as it can do what he wants from a device.

Please respect the OPs wishes;

hope this thread isn't going to turn out in another Android vs iOS flamewar.

Dalinuel
09-28-2012, 02:29 PM
I heard the drop rate is better on android :)

bronislav84
09-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Guys guys chill.

I still stand by that the International S3 reigns over i5, but I just got my USA S3 today so woot? Far as I'm concerned it's still the best phone available to me because I exclude any phone that doesn't run Android. That goes for Windows Phones too.

HunterSLAYER
09-28-2012, 03:23 PM
Guys guys chill.

I still stand by that the International S3 reigns over i5, but I just got my USA S3 today so woot? Far as I'm concerned it's still the best phone available to me because I exclude any phone that doesn't run Android. That goes for Windows Phones too.

But...but...The Windows Phone OS UI is even smoother than iOS'(Tried it myself a few times with the Nokia Lumia 920 ^^)..at least based on reviews on reputable, well-known websites like gsmarena :P

No offense bron...just saying :D

Ardon
09-28-2012, 03:41 PM
That camera on the 920 is spectacular. Give me Jelly Bean on that phone and I'd be all over it.

bronislav84
09-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Not offended at all. I've seen it though. Even tried it, on my Android through a demo on the net. Just didn't like it. It doesn't let you choose what goes on your screens as far as I know. Maybe I'm wrong? With what I know of Windows Phones, if it was between iOS and Windows I would use iOS cause Windows is meh.

I need to buy a SD for my old My Touch 4G to use (went for the 32gb S3 Btw) , activate the Sim, and re download my apps. Of course STS games will be the first I try on it lol. It's currently charging.

HunterSLAYER
09-28-2012, 03:43 PM
That camera on the 920 is spectacular. Give me Jelly Bean on that phone and I'd be all over it.
Pureview technology is awesome ^^

Matutd
09-28-2012, 04:04 PM
I've been an iOS user for a while, but i got an android phone yesterday, and already i prefer it to apple. Android is far better, hardly any limitations, whereas Apple are money-grabbing (Insert offensive word here).

Ardon
09-28-2012, 04:18 PM
I've been an iOS user for a while, but i got an android phone yesterday, and already i prefer it to apple. Android is far better, hardly any limitations, whereas Apple are money-grabbing (Insert offensive word here).

Btw, 25¢ app sale is going on right now. Today is day 3 of 5. I've already bought like 13 apps haha

Matutd
09-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Btw, 25¢ app sale is going on right now. Today is day 3 of 5. I've already bought like 13 apps haha
yeah i saw it, was debating whether or not to get asphalt 7, but i didnt since i have asphalt 6 and it would be a waste of memory pretty much

Ardon
09-28-2012, 04:30 PM
yeah i saw it, was debating whether or not to get asphalt 7, but i didnt since i have asphalt 6 and it would be a waste of memory pretty much

Yeah, asphalt 7 is meh.
But there have been some great games like world of goo, granny Smith, dragon fly, mini motor racing, monsters are my condo and more. And also some of the utility apps are awesome too. Runtastic pro is awesome for me

HunterSLAYER
09-29-2012, 12:02 AM

Gameloft/EA games are the best.
If you're into WOW Style mmorpgs try Order and Chaos Online & Iruna Online.

If you're into fps' try N.O.V.A. 2/3(Gameloft) & BF 2:BC.(EA)

If you're into rpgs try Eternal Legacy(not on google play,visit gameloft site>>>Android downloads section.), Final Fantasy III(Square Enix) and Bard's Tale.

Racing>>>Real racing 2/NFS:HP

Adventure/puzzle solving: Tintin HD/Backstab HD(Gameloft)

Horror>>>Dead Space(EA)

Sci-fi>>>Galaxy on Fire 2(Fish Labs GMBH-Germany)

Action>>>Max Payne(Rockstar Games).

Humor>>>McPixel!(S.O.S.)

Social>>>>The Sims 3

Board games>>>>Monopoly[EA], The Game of Life[EA]

Fighting>>>>Street Fighter IV HD(Capcom), King of Fighters Android & Bad nerd(VNL Entertainment).

Tower defense>>>>Plants vs Zombies(EA)

There are many more Awesome games out there.....^_^

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

bronislav84
09-29-2012, 11:19 AM
BOD:

Iruna or Celes Arca? Same company makes them as far as I know, or it's something else I'm thinking of. Celes only runs on WiFi as far as I know. Defeats the purpose of being on mobile devices.

Are you able to play the whole games or just the first map if you don't sub? I'm confused with their description.

BodMaster
09-29-2012, 09:02 PM

Been all over that.. Delicious! xD

JaytB
09-30-2012, 09:38 AM
Thanks all for the feedback!

I decided to go for the Samsung Galaxy S3, and have just placed my order online :D

BodMaster
09-30-2012, 03:54 PM

I decided to go for the Samsung Galaxy S3, and have just placed my order online :D

Woop, welcome to Droid club! Haha, hope it's all you want from a device, and love it as much as I doooo xD

@Nodra, completed Broken Sword (again), played World of Goo and felt like ripping my hair out a few times... just don't make me do that "Tower of Goo" level again grrrrrr.. haha (Should have skipped the hill xD)

CrimsonTider
09-30-2012, 04:01 PM

*long, slow clap*

ninjaduck
09-30-2012, 04:10 PM
The samsung is by far more value for money.

BodMaster
09-30-2012, 05:46 PM
BOD:

Iruna or Celes Arca? Same company makes them as far as I know, or it's something else I'm thinking of. Celes only runs on WiFi as far as I know. Defeats the purpose of being on mobile devices.

Are you able to play the whole games or just the first map if you don't sub? I'm confused with their description.

Heard of both, never played them tho buddy, so not looked into how they operate.

After OnC going from subscription, I'm guessing others will follow if they haven't already.

bronislav84
09-30-2012, 06:49 PM
Ah k. I own O&C but haven't played. Got it for a buck. It's going no sub, just B2P with Shop?

And also:

I decided to go for the Samsung Galaxy S3, and have just placed my order online :DWow, awesome, we have a convert! Only a couple million or so iSheep to go. Of course this number is way off, heh.

So which did you get man? International? NA? Korean hybrid of the two? Make sure it's one that works on your carrier. Like for example, only a Tmo phone can get the full speed of their network. Everybody else using an off carrier phone on it will think their network is slow. In reality their current network is pretty close to LTE. Sorta lol.

BodMaster
09-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Ah k. I own O&C but haven't played. Got it for a buck. It's going no sub, just B2P with Shop?

Already has, its in GP deals, for 25 pence/cent atm too.

It's alright but found it too easy.

bronislav84
10-01-2012, 01:23 AM
Hmm well then I might fire up O&C and give it a try then. Was hoping they'd drop the sub and they did, woot.

I wonder why it still talks about sub prices in the description though?

Jig
10-01-2012, 06:29 AM
Not another one of these lol, iPhone 5 FTW!!! The most simplest easy to use phone, my friend got a Samsung Galaxy s3 or whatevr and first week bang she put all her stuff in there all the contacts photos BLA BLA BLA it screwed up and now they have to restore and loose everything. Good on ya Samsung :-)

HunterSLAYER
10-01-2012, 06:32 AM
Not another one of these lol, iPhone 5 FTW!!! The most simplest easy to use phone, my friend got a Samsung Galaxy s3 or whatevr and first week bang she put all her stuff in there all the contacts photos BLA BLA BLA it screwed up and now they have to restore and loose everything. Good on ya Samsung :-)

I don't seem to have that problem with my S3, ur friend is apparently not as well-versed in tech as some of us are(if you're using Apple obviously you're not.)

DEVS FTW!

Ardon
10-01-2012, 06:52 AM
Well contacts sync to your Gmail so if you sync them you wouldn't lose your contacts.

JaytB
10-01-2012, 07:33 AM
Well contacts sync to your Gmail so if you sync them you wouldn't lose your contacts.

Thanks, I already had setup my iPhone to sync almost everything with google, so getting that info on my future phone shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the input though :)

Since this thread has served its purpose, I'm going to ask a dev to lock it up.

Thanks again all for your feedback, very much appreciated :)

bronislav84
10-01-2012, 07:59 AM
Jay what about my question to you?

Delphina
10-01-2012, 08:23 AM
Locked at the request of the op.