PDA

View Full Version : A big THANK YOU to Spacetime Studios

Rare
09-26-2012, 08:01 AM
In the past (recently even) there has been so much discussion about the direction Spacetime is taking their games. More and more we've seen the push to platinum based content and a drift to more "not so F2P". And a lot of people have become weary of it.

But let me just say this, I think with the new blessing system, STS has taken a big step to prove to us all that it isn't only about platinum. I think when a company can take its biggest cash cow, and knock it down a notch to offer something great to their consumers, it says a lot.

So only behalf of myself and all those that agree with me, THANK YOU SPACETIME STUDIOS.

cookiez
09-26-2012, 08:03 AM
in the past (recently even) there has been so much discussion about the direction spacetime is taking their games. More and more we've seen the push to platinum based content and a drift to more "not so f2p". And a lot of people have become weary of it.

But let me just say this, i think with the new blessing system, sts has taken a big step to prove to us all that it isn't only about platinum. I think when a company can take its biggest cash cow, and knock it down a notch to offer something great to their consumers, it says a lot.

So only behalf of myself and all those that agree with me, thank you spacetime studios.

here here!

StompArtist
09-26-2012, 08:09 AM
I agree with the essence of what you are saying only if the plat cost of items does not get adjusted upwards in the upcoming months. ;)

wvhills
09-26-2012, 08:16 AM
I think elixirs ruin game play whether they are free or purchased. I miss the days where it was impossible to solo through the hardest levels and you had to have some sense of teamwork. I miss the days where a good bear was actually benefitial in speeding up the run and keeping the team alive. Yes, I was in my share of bad pugs that resulted in party wipes but we just regrouped and tried again.

But I do think sts is trying to make the most people happy and I realize I'm the only one who dislikes elixirs. I just hope the come up with a different cash generating strategy for arcane legends.

Whirlzap
09-26-2012, 08:26 AM
It would help a lot more if they did something about that 500 Plat Omnipotent Helm, like putting it on Daily Deal.
That and the Dragon Gold Pack is what's keeping me from True Legend (True Plat Spender).

ZHEOTARE
09-26-2012, 08:32 AM
Giving a small amount of plat to now plat users lets them buy the elixers. Then they love it so much, they buy plat to buy more plat. It's a great marketing ploy.

I will say this... If people use the plat to buy more inv slots, items, stash slots, etc then STS definitely did a good thing for them.

Brave Sir Robin
09-26-2012, 08:40 AM
I agree that blessings is one of the best recent additions to the game, especially since some of the end game content (e.g. both elite dungeons) seems to be a lot more fun (if not designed to use) with elixirs.

Additionally, 24-hour elixirs allow us to enjoy stat enhancers without thinking that "time is money" all the time (which is really the case with 1-hour elixirs, leading to boots etc). Since elixirs are obviously here to stay this is a great way of taking care of "less wealthy" customers.

About this:

I agree with the essence of what you are saying only if the plat cost of items does not get adjusted upwards in the upcoming months. ;)

oh that would ruin everything. Personally I don't believe that giving away a little plat here and there could lead to inflation but I guess we will have to wait and see. For now, I am sticking to the "thank you" part of my post. Laugh now, pay later ;)

Rare
09-26-2012, 08:41 AM
I think elixirs ruin game play whether they are free or purchased.

Well I can't argue with you there Rob. Back in the day, only experienced players had the currency to afford combo elixirs (17k for one run, unless you died).

However, my feeling is, elixirs are here to stay. If you want to play the game, you have to live with it.

EDIT: I don't mean "you" personally.

Brave Sir Robin
09-26-2012, 08:45 AM
elixirs are obviously here to stay

elixirs are here to stay

Ninja'd lol

Rare
09-26-2012, 08:50 AM
Since elixirs are obviously here to stay this is a great way of taking care of "less wealthy" customers.

EDIT: OMG, you ninja'd my ninja'd post

Brave Sir Robin
09-26-2012, 08:52 AM
2 -0 trollol

StompArtist
09-26-2012, 08:55 AM

wvhills
09-26-2012, 08:55 AM
Well I can't argue with you there Rob. Back in the day, only experienced players had the currency to afford combo elixirs (17k for one run, unless you died).

However, my feeling is, elixirs are here to stay. If you want to play the game, you have to live with it.

EDIT: I don't mean "you" personally.

they're def here to stay but every once in a while it does my heart good to speak fondly of the days before elixirs, before the dark times...

Elyseon
09-26-2012, 09:34 AM
Giving away platinum isn't about platinum? O.o

Rare
09-26-2012, 10:17 AM
Giving away platinum isn't about platinum? O.o

Dig a liiiitle deeper into what I was saying :)

Otahaibab
09-26-2012, 10:23 AM
amen

FluffNStuff
09-26-2012, 10:26 AM
I think elixirs ruin game play whether they are free or purchased. I miss the days where it was impossible to solo through the hardest levels and you had to have some sense of teamwork. I miss the days where a good bear was actually benefitial in speeding up the run and keeping the team alive. Yes, I was in my share of bad pugs that resulted in party wipes but we just regrouped and tried again.

But I do think sts is trying to make the most people happy and I realize I'm the only one who dislikes elixirs. I just hope the come up with a different cash generating strategy for arcane legends.

You do realize that is over a year ago. At this point, you are talking about a completely different game. That game is gone, long gone.

Ephesius
09-26-2012, 10:33 AM
I got no plat and i need 2

Mage till the end
09-26-2012, 07:10 PM
I loved the days when a no one used elixres. No if u join a dragon run 2/5 at the least have pots.

razerfingers
09-26-2012, 08:03 PM
I loved the days when a no one used elixres. No if u join a dragon run 2/5 at the least have pots.

Haha, so pretty much 50 cap. See i got to 45 without elixirs til somone said hey this way is faster. Back when 3x xp 5mins was 7k lol

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Elyseon
09-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Yeh pve is pretty much killed

Bebsi
09-26-2012, 09:01 PM
Giving a small amount of plat to now plat users lets them buy the elixers. Then they love it so much, they buy plat to buy more plat. It's a great marketing ploy.

I will say this... If people use the plat to buy more inv slots, items, stash slots, etc then STS definitely did a good thing for them.

I even made an account for that I'll spend no money at all.
Just wanna see how far u can go with a free account xD

Charmstrange
09-27-2012, 01:54 AM
If it is intentional that bosses are harder while on lix, maybe that will help to balance the farming difficulty, as well as encourage team dynamics again

Elyseon
09-27-2012, 07:00 AM
If it is intentional that bosses are harder while on lix, maybe that will help to balance the farming difficulty, as well as encourage team dynamics again

Lol @ goldfever

wvhills
09-27-2012, 07:12 AM
You do realize that is over a year ago. At this point, you are talking about a completely different game. That game is gone, long gone.

yeah. :(

Elyseon
09-27-2012, 07:42 AM

yeah. :(

Crying? ;D

Cuz i am

Multibird
09-27-2012, 08:59 AM
Anyways AWESOME post AED and THX for everything STS :encouragement: