PDA

View Full Version : Why are people so bitter in DL?

BloodGoddess
09-26-2012, 02:02 PM
So Iam obviously not going to say names. But last night, My friends and I had the street to ourselves so we were goofing off. This 2 girls appear and started telling us to grow the fudge up and that we act like we are 12. So we said we are actually 12 1/2. So they told us to gtfo DL, we don't belong there. So we got reported for being underage. I found it hilarious. But I just don't understand why ppl are so bitter. Its not a rant ppl. Just felt like sharing my thoughts.

Elyseon
09-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Idk maybe it was dark so they couldnt see you

Growwle
09-26-2012, 02:19 PM
So Iam obviously not going to say names. But last night, My friends and I had the street to ourselves so we were goofing off. This 2 girls appear and started telling us to grow the fudge up and that we act like we are 12. So we said we are actually 12 1/2. So they told us to gtfo DL, we don't belong there. So we got reported for being underage. I found it hilarious. But I just don't understand why ppl are so bitter. Its not a rant ppl. Just felt like sharing my thoughts.

Maybe because they are evil vampires?

Reyven
09-26-2012, 02:22 PM
That's not right. I've seen quite a few ppl talking smack on DL, but I just ignore them or laugh. If it happens again, just ignore them. It sounds like they are just unhappy with their lives, so they bullied you to bring you down, because to them you sounded like you were happy. Don't let ppl like that get to you, because when you cave in, they win. That's exactly what they want.

BloodGoddess
09-26-2012, 03:16 PM
I don't let it get to me at all. When they told me I told them good luck with that. I doubt the sts has time to bother with something so immature and childish. I just don't want this to happen to someone who isn't as tough as me. They can feel bullied and quit the game.

Bless
09-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Y is DL a 17+ game anyway? Im 13 i cant play cuz of that -_- and @the op: How did they know ur age? I wouldnt tell any stranger. Just ignore bullies like that....remember mute and report button are family!

BloodGoddess
09-26-2012, 03:29 PM
I am not 12. They said we were acting like 12 year olds. So I said 12 1/2 to be precise. I am actually 22 well more like 23 as of tomorrow.

Growwle
09-26-2012, 03:40 PM
Be less sensitive, what can they do, send you a message until you ignore them? Big deal.

Jugernugetx
09-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Happy early birthday.

Reyven
09-26-2012, 04:25 PM
I don't let it get to me at all. When they told me I told them good luck with that. I doubt the sts has time to bother with something so immature and childish. I just don't want this to happen to someone who isn't as tough as me. They can feel bullied and quit the game.

I hear that. It's not fair, but unfortunately there's nothing we can do about them, but we can do something about the way we deal with the situation. Yeah, not everyone will be as strong, but if any of you or I notice this happening hopefully we can try to step in and help them out. Lead by example. Show others the appropriate way to treat each other.

Rare
09-26-2012, 05:13 PM
I don't know why, but i love people like that. Just go with the flow

Wretch
09-26-2012, 06:29 PM
I stand with reyven, sad truth of life that there are far too many people like that in the world.

Ignore is your friend! And add people that are the quality of people you want in your life.

I only friend people I don't mind being part of my gaming, and mostly ignore everything else.

Good luck and happy birthday tomorrow!

Cahaun
09-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Be less sensitive, what can they do, send you a message until you ignore them? Big deal.
Lots of suicides happen from Cyber bullying so this can turn out, in the end, to have more than just sensitive consequences. I'm just saying that it's a bit bigger than you think.

"Rudeness is a weak man's imitation of strength"

BloodGoddess
09-26-2012, 07:32 PM
You guys are all amazing. I wish ppl who are bullied could read this. & understand that they aren't alone.

BloodGoddess
09-26-2012, 07:32 PM
A big thank you to everyone wishing me a happy early birthday. ^.^

BloodGoddess
09-26-2012, 07:33 PM
I don't know why, but i love people like that. Just go with the flow I troll them. Im good at that.

Reyven
09-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Happy Birthday BloodGoddess! :)

Growwle
09-27-2012, 03:16 PM
Lots of suicides happen from Cyber bullying so this can turn out, in the end, to have more than just sensitive consequences. I'm just saying that it's a bit bigger than you think.

Suicides happen from mental instability. A mentally stable person can handle interacting with all kinds of people, even ones who upset or harrass you. If you or someone you know is feeling suicidal for any reason, you should get (or get them) medical help. Bottom line is that DL is a game for adults and adults should be able to get over comments from rude idiots.

Also, if you feel that someone is violating the TOS, then report them and put them on ignore.

BloodGoddess
09-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Happy Birthday BloodGoddess! :)
Aww thnx Reyven :)

Rolocoaster
09-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Feliz Cumpleanos BloodGoddess! :)

Cahaun
09-27-2012, 03:41 PM

Suicides happen from mental instability. A mentally stable person can handle interacting with all kinds of people, even ones who upset or harrass you. If you or someone you know is feeling suicidal for any reason, you should get (or get them) medical help. Bottom line is that DL is a game for adults and adults should be able to get over comments from rude idiots.

Also, if you feel that someone is violating the TOS, then report them and put them on ignore.
Then there are those caused by mass depression or guilt. Overall, we both agree to report and forget.

BloodGoddess
09-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Feliz Cumpleanos BloodGoddess! :)
Gracias tío sois la caña!! ^_^

Shaocalur
09-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Y is DL a 17+ game anyway? Im 13 i cant play cuz of that -_- and @the op: How did they know ur age? I wouldnt tell any stranger. Just ignore bullies like that....remember mute and report button are family!

Believe it or not, DL is rated 12+ in the Apple store. Or at least it was when it released.

SexyIsland
09-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Happy Birthday BloodGoddess :)
Hope you are enjoying your special day!!!

Aaroniero Arruruerie
09-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Do what I do, stop talking to people. I've realized its mostly attention-starved kids, and even more irresponsible adults here. The few that really are stable are the ones who aren't trying to publicly talk about what they intend to do to each other.

Sam_Arah
09-28-2012, 06:48 AM
Hi blood

MightyMicah
09-28-2012, 10:00 PM

Actually, I couldn't disagree more. O.o Seems like we continuously blame people's behavior more and more on "mental instability." What causes someone to be unstable in the first place?

Back to op. Coming from a younger generation's perspective, I've actually noticed that the most rude people I meet are around 11-13 years old and 18-21. Most adults are very, very nice to everyone. BloodGoddess, I wouldn't be surprised if these people who were being rude were a couple of college buddies or some little kids. I'm not sure why people feel the need to bring others down like that. If you need a dude to chill with, hit me up! I have only a couple friends in DL and I wouldn't mind some more like-minded people to hang with. :-)

Aaroniero Arruruerie
09-29-2012, 08:23 AM
Actually, I couldn't disagree more. O.o Seems like we continuously blame people's behavior more and more on "mental instability." What causes someone to be unstable in the first place?

Back to op. Coming from a younger generation's perspective, I've actually noticed that the most rude people I meet are around 11-13 years old and 18-21. Most adults are very, very nice to everyone. BloodGoddess, I wouldn't be surprised if these people who were being rude were a couple of college buddies or some little kids. I'm not sure why people feel the need to bring others down like that. If you need a dude to chill with, hit me up! I have only a couple friends in DL and I wouldn't mind some more like-minded people to hang with. :-)

They actually are college kids. Well, I'm not sure if they're in college, but they're old enough to be... You guys know the ones...