PDA

View Full Version : My military service...

dudetus
09-26-2012, 04:41 PM
After I've gotten several questions about my military service and how I have been so active I wanted to give u all the explenation to my unnatural activity.

I am not in the military at this very moment.

My thighs went horrible during the first weeks. I wasn't able to keep up in the pace and I spent almost as much days in the military hospital as I spent in the service. I was rly frustrated with my thighs and I was bounced around to different nurses and doctors since the reason wasn't found. And in the end I was sent to a physiotherapist. One of doctor's ended to a conclusion that my thigh problems were caused by lack of strength in my legs. Yeah, 11 years of soccer and 3 years of football and my thighs r so darn weak that I can't run and walking is painful. As I went to the physiotherapist (who happened to be a bombshell tbh) she immediatelly rejected that doctor's conclusion as she massaged my thighs. She was rly, rly, RLY nice which was something completely new in the military world. I had lost the trust of many people from supervisors to my fellow 'comrades' as most were thinking that I was a phoney as my thigh problems weren't solved after so many visits to the military hospital. But as I chatted with this nice physiotherapist our discussion lead to my service. I told her how frustrated I was with my service due to my thigh problems and how I wanted to rank up but I couldn't as my thigh problems prevented me to do so. Then she said that she had to go get some more massage lotion and told me to wait for a bit. After around 15 minutes of lotion fetching she came back to the room and told me that "I just discussed with the doctors and we have came to conclusion that u will be sent home to recover." I was so happy. We did the paperwork for it and I went back to the barracks. It took couple of days until I was sent home (thanks to military byrocracy) and before I was sent home I had to go for a lunch and as I was standing in line in the cafeteria I saw that physiotherapist. Neither of us said a thing but we both were smiling to eachothers. After that lunch I hopped into a bus and I was home after two hours :).

My thigh problems weren't solved in the military but I have found the reason for it from a very good physiotherapist in civil life. Turned out that years of competive training in soccer and football had burn out my deep supporting muscles around my thighs. I am now rehabilating my thighs and this process takes around 6 months. I am now working and studying. I am going to continue my military service next summer.

Wretch
09-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Hope you get back to full strength ASAP!!

And thank you for your service to this country!

zappaxe
09-26-2012, 06:21 PM
Get better!:hypnotysed:
Don't let it get ya down

Jugernugetx
09-26-2012, 06:33 PM
;-) dudetus! Hope you feel better :)'

Zaonabiuibil
09-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Hope you get back to full strength ASAP!!

And thank you for your service to this country!

How do you know if he's in your country o.O

Cahaun
09-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Sounds just like my problems with my knees for a while last year. I hope you get better!

Wretch
09-26-2012, 07:06 PM

Good point! Was just an assumption, if it is my country the thanks still stands, if it is not my country then respect.

dudetus
09-27-2012, 01:46 AM

Good point! Was just an assumption, if it is my country the thanks still stands, if it is not my country then respect.

I am finnish so I think I have ur respect instead of thanks :D

Taaralatie
09-27-2012, 01:51 AM
And of course your country's loss this year is our gain. I'm glad we get to keep you that bit longer :)

Wretch
09-27-2012, 09:08 PM
Respect it is! And truly respect!

Different nationality honestly means squat to me, it is the person inside that counts.

Otukura
09-27-2012, 09:09 PM
ditcher!

XghostzX
09-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Get well my fellow nun. Sounds like one of those epic war stories about meeting a true love... but you'll probably never see her again... hmm ;)

When you get back to the military; give 'em hell man.

dudetus
09-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Respect it is! And truly respect!

Different nationality honestly means squat to me, it is the person inside that counts.

Ty :)

Get well my fellow nun. Sounds like one of those epic war stories about meeting a true love... but you'll probably never see her again... hmm ;)

When you get back to the military; give 'em hell man.

Lol, I have had a gf for almost 4 years now and she was a bit too old, a milf (mother I like fish) :D. Thanks Will :)

dudetus
09-28-2012, 09:33 AM
ditcher!

*shush!* I am getting compliments!

RedStapler
09-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Oof, dudetus. My sympathies!

I'm also dealing with some leg troubles, and it's no fun!

I'm glad you were able to find a physio who found the source of the problems. Knowing is half the battle.

/RS said, hip hurting enough to skip this morning's workout