PDA

View Full Version : Level 63 IS appropriate for Lost Villas!

Snakespeare
09-28-2012, 09:35 AM
There was once a time when you could join any map. Low level leechers would join maps and have to be booted. But after a lot of pleading from people, myself included, the devs established minimum levels for zones. Then they added some plat elixirs that allowed people to leech, if they pay.

For the zone called Lost Villas, the minimum level is 63.

Yesterday my alt's daily blessing was a 24 hr 3x combo elixir. His name is Corelli. He's level 63 because I naturally leveled my main first. But he had the blessing, so I figured I'd get him some xp. I grabbed another combo elix, because the blessing stacks, and went into a public Lost Villas instance.

Suffice it to say that 3x + 4x = 7x, so my L63 was practically invulnerable.

Yet upon entering the zone, a level 70 declared me to be a leecher and told the other guys in the zone that he was gong to remake and ditch the lowbie. Frankly, with 7x combo (after stacking) my toon can solo Lost Villas.

I contacted the level 70 player and told him I am no noob, that I've been here for a long time, that I don't leech. But of course, he assumed I was lying. I said I'd show him my shields. Naturally, anyone who has been here as long as me has vanities that others can't get. But then I thought, y'know, there's only one thing I have to show to prove I am who I say I am, which is the one you can see on my avatar. So he said, come join my game and show me. So I did.

Not that it matters. I mean, if someone just doesn't want to play with you, there's no reason to try to change their mind. There are plenty more instances going on.

But what I'm trying to say is, some of us spent a lot of time and effort to convince the devs to implement these minimum levels, and to implement the minimum mob kills to spawn a boss. And there is no longer any need to set yourself up as an enforcer to attempt to raise the minimum level. The minimum level for Villas is 63.

Besides, when I'm using an effective 7x combo, the L70s are the leechers, dangit! :p

Suentous PO
09-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Some of these guys used a lot of elixirs to get to 70.
One of those elixirs is a stacking3x "I know more than everyone ever" and "I'm the boss of the world" ego shield.

razerfingers
09-28-2012, 09:56 AM
I know what you mean. Its just as bad as getting booted from elite dunfeon when the person invites you, and the person that ivited you is the one that boots you because you dont have extra plat to buy a 4x combo lixir it always is like wtf? If you dont spend money you cant technically have fun and run with the big guns without them booting you because you might possibly get a pink without a elixir and they will be all butt hurt? Hm seems like they take the game too seriously lol. But that is my opinion. I also have an item that shows ive been here for a while xP

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

FluffNStuff
09-28-2012, 10:01 AM
Does your 7X combo get him higher XP? I just ask because having a non-70 in Lost Villas gets all the 70's lower XP. That ~might~ be where the issue came in. Were all the other players 70's?

Yich
09-28-2012, 10:13 AM
Max damage is like 4.5x. You couldnt do 7x, you just had the cap for damage multipliers. Only reason to get thrasher is for xp, if you have a 3x blessing.

Snakespeare
09-28-2012, 10:20 AM
...having a non-70 in Lost Villas gets all the 70's lower XP.

I did not now this. I don't even know how this can be. Are you sure?

And no, there were some 68s in there, too.

Xionskull
09-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Max damage is like 4.5x. You couldnt do 7x, you just had the cap for damage multipliers. Only reason to get thrasher is for xp, if you have a 3x blessing.

Even with 4.5 dm he would completely pwn! :P

Yich
09-28-2012, 10:24 AM
Even with 4.5 dm he would completely pwn! :P

If I had this kind of xp multiplier, Id be doing mega maze. Lulz.

razerfingers
09-28-2012, 10:44 AM
If I had this kind of xp multiplier, Id be doing mega maze. Lulz.

He stacked a 3x blessing and 4x combo lol... Bam 7x

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Rare
09-28-2012, 11:05 AM
Its just as bad as getting booted from elite dunfeon when the person invites you, and the person that ivited you is the one that boots you because you dont have extra plat to buy a 4x combo lixir it always is like wtf?

mmm that person would immediately be removed from my FL and put on my ignore list. Getting booted is one thing... just have to deal with it. Getting booted by a friend... that's a slap in the face.

Max damage is like 4.5x. You couldnt do 7x

Where did you find that information? Never heard it before.

I agree with you. Not saying what Fluff said is false... but it doesn't seem to make much sense if it is indeed the case.

Yich
09-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Where did you find that information? Never heard it before.

I agree with you. Not saying what Fluff said is false... but it doesn't seem to make much sense if it is indeed the case.

Its around... Ill look for it I guess. I think TechnoEmail said something about it recently.

Edit: here it is. She says its just over 3x on her 2nd post in the thread, but I think shes wrong. Devs said previously that the flower vanity shield gave max damage multiplier, which was around 4.5. Yw.
Link: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?70057-Elixir-Stacking

FluffNStuff
09-28-2012, 11:50 AM

And no, there were some 68s in there, too.

If there were 68's then it would not make a difference. It is only a full 70/71 vs having any one under 70. If the whole party is 70 or above you get a yellow threat, when there is ~anyone~ under 70, the threat drops to white.

Snakespeare
09-28-2012, 11:55 AM
Yich, I don't read what she said to mean that 3x is max damage. She said "in this case", which was after 1.5x + 2x + 1.5x (which is 5x), so add 3x more to get 8x. I read it to mean that 8x, for her toon, brings her to max damage. But I have to admit, it's very convoluted and I may have read it wrongly. What I take from it is that there a a cap on damage in terms of a real number, and depending on your weapon, strength, and modifiers, once you reach the cap, additional elixirs will not increase damage (same for armor).

Snakespeare
09-28-2012, 11:56 AM
Yellow threat is 1.25 xp, still, right? I'll have to try this out on my main. :)

p.s. I wonder if it is only for that zone...

Yich
09-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Yich, I don't read what she said to mean that 3x is max damage. She said "in this case", which was after 1.5x + 2x + 1.5x (which is 5x), so add 3x more to get 8x. I read it to mean that 8x, for her toon, brings her to max damage. But I have to admit, it's very convoluted and I may have read it wrongly. What I take from it is that there a a cap on damage in terms of a real number, and depending on your weapon, strength, and modifiers, once you reach the cap, additional elixirs will not increase damage (same for armor).

Ok. You dont read it to mean 3x is max multiplier allowed? Here, Ill highlight the important areas for you.

There is a cap on how much Armor and Damage you can have. If you have max. armor, you are as close to invincible as possible. I don't know the actual cap percentage, but from my tests it seems like it's a little over ~75% damage mitigation. Same goes for damage. If you have max damage, you are as powerful as possible. I don't know the exact multiplier cap, but my tests show that damage can be multiplied by slightly more than 3x.

So, there is a benefit to stacking armor and damage elixirs. They allow you to max. out your damage and armor. It is impossible to max. out damage and armor without either a double armor/damage weekend, or stacking elixirs.

One last thing to note - the benefit of stacking damage and armor is limited by the armor and damage caps. This comparison illustrates why:
A. Stacking a thrasher on a 1.5x combo blessing will yield max. armor, max. damage, +25% speed, +30% luck, and 4.5x XP.
B. Stacking a thrasher on a 3x combo blessing will yield max. armor, max. damage, +25% speed, +30% luck, and 6x XP.

I hope that clarifies some of your questions! (Now...back to making the expansion!!!!) :onthego:

Brave Sir Robin
09-28-2012, 12:32 PM
If there were 68's then it would not make a difference. It is only a full 70/71 vs having any one under 70. If the whole party is 70 or above you get a yellow threat, when there is ~anyone~ under 70, the threat drops to white.

Shoudln't a lower lvl team (on average) have a higher threat level and therefore gain more xp? I believe the idea is the weaker the party, the more xp.

I tested in Villas the following team combinations

1x71 >> threat level: white

1x71 and 1x69 >> for 71 white, for 69 yellow

2x71 and 1x69 >> for 71s white, for 69 yellow

2x71 and 1x69 and 1x65 >> for 71s white, for 69 yellow, for 65 red

2x71 and 1x69 and 1x65 and 1x66 >> for 71s white, for 69 yellow, for 65 red, for 66 red

Therefore I don't think that a lower level would drop the threat level. My 69 will soon become 70 so I can test again if you want. Or we could test together if you prefer.

ZHEOTARE
09-28-2012, 02:40 PM

Shoudln't a lower lvl team (on average) have a higher threat level and therefore gain more xp? I believe the idea is the weaker the party, the more xp.

I tested in Villas the following team combinations

1x71 >> threat level: white

1x71 and 1x69 >> for 71 white, for 69 yellow

2x71 and 1x69 >> for 71s white, for 69 yellow

2x71 and 1x69 and 1x65 >> for 71s white, for 69 yellow, for 65 red

2x71 and 1x69 and 1x65 and 1x66 >> for 71s white, for 69 yellow, for 65 red, for 66 red

Therefore I don't think that a lower level would drop the threat level. My 69 will soon become 70 so I can test again if you want. Or we could test together if you prefer.

You are proving what Fluff said. Basically if you have a party of 70's the threat level is yellow, thus more xp. If a lower level joins, the threat level turns to white. I believe I was in a party of 4 70s and 1 69, and it was yellow. A 70 left, another lower level joined, and it turned white.

Brave Sir Robin
09-28-2012, 03:55 PM
Seems you are right guys. So as soon as my bird hit 70 I tested and found the following:

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t518/Sfaliaras/proof_1_anon.png

So here ^ a lvl 70 character solo sees threat lvl white.

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t518/Sfaliaras/proof_3_anon.png

Here ^ two lower level players added and threat lvl is still white.

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t518/Sfaliaras/proof_2_anon.png

Here ^ with two 71 players added threat lvl becomes yellow!!

So contrary to my initial belief, a higher ranked team does yield better xp!
Fair enough, I was wrong, thanks go to Fluff and Zheo :)

Bebsi
09-28-2012, 04:26 PM

1.5x + 2x stacks to 250% meaning 2.5x
Pls read her post carefully

I think she meant in this case having the daily 1.5x blessing and adding the 3x combo (thrasher, we don't talk about xp here) would max ur damage or armor, which would be 3.5x as a maximum, not 4.5x.

But that doesn't apply to special weekends like the mother days flower power (lol), which added truly 4,5x damage to Ur stats (at least that was my impression).

Bigsleazy
09-28-2012, 05:28 PM
Xp is based of individual character level, not team level. Unless things changed in Humania, at 70 a character would get 1 xp/kill, while a 63 would get 2 xp/kill in the same group.

Brave Sir Robin
09-29-2012, 02:03 PM
This is actually more complex than I thought ;)

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t518/Sfaliaras/proof_new_2_anonym_small.png

1. Observe this ^... So I am 70 and the rest < 70 but I still see the yellow threat level.

2. Zheo, the threat level decrease you mention could have been caused by decrease of total enemies in the map... Look at following:

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t518/Sfaliaras/proof_new_6_anonym_small.png http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t518/Sfaliaras/proof_new_7_anonym_small.png

In the beginning of the map, we see this fat guy as yellow. Near the end (same team) we see the same type of enemy as white. I tested it several times and in several maps.

Fluff (or in fact anyone who knows something about this), could you let us know how exactly these threat levels work please if you find time. This would be useful to avoid silly boots and also maximise our xp gain.

Xp is based of individual character level, not team level. Unless things changed in Humania, at 70 a character would get 1 xp/kill, while a 63 would get 2 xp/kill in the same group.

I am afraid you will need to show that threat level does not affect xp gain with evidence to prove your point :)

Hadesofshadow
09-29-2012, 03:01 PM
There was once a time when you could join any map. Low level leechers would join maps and have to be booted. But after a lot of pleading from people, myself included, the devs established minimum levels for zones. Then they added some plat elixirs that allowed people to leech, if they pay.

For the zone called Lost Villas, the minimum level is 63.

Yesterday my alt's daily blessing was a 24 hr 3x combo elixir. His name is Corelli. He's level 63 because I naturally leveled my main first. But he had the blessing, so I figured I'd get him some xp. I grabbed another combo elix, because the blessing stacks, and went into a public Lost Villas instance.

Suffice it to say that 3x + 4x = 7x, so my L63 was practically invulnerable.

Yet upon entering the zone, a level 70 declared me to be a leecher and told the other guys in the zone that he was gong to remake and ditch the lowbie. Frankly, with 7x combo (after stacking) my toon can solo Lost Villas.

I contacted the level 70 player and told him I am no noob, that I've been here for a long time, that I don't leech. But of course, he assumed I was lying. I said I'd show him my shields. Naturally, anyone who has been here as long as me has vanities that others can't get. But then I thought, y'know, there's only one thing I have to show to prove I am who I say I am, which is the one you can see on my avatar. So he said, come join my game and show me. So I did.

Not that it matters. I mean, if someone just doesn't want to play with you, there's no reason to try to change their mind. There are plenty more instances going on.

But what I'm trying to say is, some of us spent a lot of time and effort to convince the devs to implement these minimum levels, and to implement the minimum mob kills to spawn a boss. And there is no longer any need to set yourself up as an enforcer to attempt to raise the minimum level. The minimum level for Villas is 63.

Besides, when I'm using an effective 7x combo, the L70s are the leechers, dangit! :p

i liked making lv1's and going to tombs tho

FluffNStuff
09-30-2012, 02:12 PM
This is actually more complex than I thought ;)

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t518/Sfaliaras/proof_new_2_anonym_small.png

1. Observe this ^... So I am 70 and the rest < 70 but I still see the yellow threat level.

2. Zheo, the threat level decrease you mention could have been caused by decrease of total enemies in the map... Look at following:

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t518/Sfaliaras/proof_new_6_anonym_small.png http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t518/Sfaliaras/proof_new_7_anonym_small.png

In the beginning of the map, we see this fat guy as yellow. Near the end (same team) we see the same type of enemy as white. I tested it several times and in several maps.

Fluff (or in fact anyone who knows something about this), could you let us know how exactly these threat levels work please if you find time. This would be useful to avoid silly boots and also maximise our xp gain.

I am afraid you will need to show that threat level does not affect xp gain with evidence to prove your point :)

What you are seeing is because it is a respawning map. If you watch threat on regular maps, it can drop up to a level when a certain number are left (usually about 14). On the respawning that possible drop happens, but of course never goes back up. You could just keep remaking till the drop but that defeats the purpose of the respawn. My tests were all 70s keeping the threat at yellow after the 'drop'. I never did tests with 71s but it looks like they can counter some sub 70's, though not sure how many.
Note that in my tests it only changed up when a 70 entered. So if it was 4 70's it would be yellow. If a 69 entered it would drop to white. If that 69 left it would stay white unless another 70 entered.
Actually, and I have not tested, but if you have five 70's, and no one leaves, it might drop, and never recover.

Brave Sir Robin
09-30-2012, 04:54 PM
What you are seeing is because it is a respawning map. If you watch threat on regular maps, it can drop up to a level when a certain number are left (usually about 14). On the respawning that possible drop happens, but of course never goes back up. You could just keep remaking till the drop but that defeats the purpose of the respawn. My tests were all 70s keeping the threat at yellow after the 'drop'. I never did tests with 71s but it looks like they can counter some sub 70's, though not sure how many.
Note that in my tests it only changed up when a 70 entered. So if it was 4 70's it would be yellow. If a 69 entered it would drop to white. If that 69 left it would stay white unless another 70 entered.
Actually, and I have not tested, but if you have five 70's, and no one leaves, it might drop, and never recover.

(By respawning you mean maps like Villas where enemies respawn I guess.)

The maps shown in these pictures are normal, you can find this info at the bottom, South point village and Sandbar Lagoon. In these, even with a team 64, 65, 67, 69 I can still see yellow threat level (I am 70, see top left corner).

However, in the respawning map (Villas, see pics of my previous post (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?70275-Level-63-IS-appropriate-for-Lost-Villas!&p=795698&viewfull=1#post795698)) it's like you say, lower levels lower the threat level and higher levs increase it.

My guess is that four factors influence threat level:

1. Density of enemies on map
2. Diffculty of each individual enemy (in Lagoon trashes go white earlier than big fat rockies which proves this point)
3. Level of map (e.g. you get less points in Fang as your level increases from 66 to 69)
3. Team level

It seems that in most maps density, difficulty of enemies and level of map are the dominant factors. However, if density falls below a certain threshold, team level starts to play a role. So maybe Villas has a lower enemy density (it makes sense since enemies respawn I guess) that's why a higher level team can achieve higher threat level.

I think the following pic proves my point. That's from the end of Lagoon map. Compare to the previous Lagoon images, in which threat level decreased to white during the run when enemy density decreased. Now, the presence of a 71 prevents the decrease of threat level.

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t518/Sfaliaras/proof_sunday_anonym.png

Not sure if you have any objections :)