PDA

View Full Version : Fortune Hunters Event: Info, Rules, Sign Up

Battlegrinder
09-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Cancelled due to lack of interest. Will try again later in the year.

A few months ago I announced that the my guild Fortune Hunters were planning on running a PvP tournament. After several months of planning, digging through PvP Discussions, and consulting, the Event is ready to launch. Here's the full info

Date: October 20th and 21th (may be moved forward if something comes up)
Time: Starts at 12 o'clock (NYC time).
Event List:
PvP Events:
General Team PvP: Teams of player compete to prove they're #1!
Organized by campaign: lvl 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-20, 21-25, 26-30, 30-35, 36-40, 40-46.
Individual PvP: Who's the best In a one on one match?
Guild PvP: Which Guild has the best PvP Team? Let's find out!
Guild Master PvP Tournament: Who. Is. The. Deadliest. Guild. Master?

PvE Events:
Relay Race: How fast can teams of players complete a full run of SL maps?
Scavenger Hunt: How fast can player gather certain items in drops? (High Level only, individual event)

Event Details:
General Rules:
1. If it doesn't drop, it doesn't get used. Plat items, crafted items (other than implants and Level 21 items), Enhancers, ect are banned from most events, to make this more about skill than gear.
2. Unless it Makes you look cool (and nothing else). Vanity items of any type are allowed.
3. One person, one side. Only use one character per event or tournament level.
4. Don't rush.

Specific Event notes:
GM PvP: Equipment restrictions do not apply, all crafted and plat items are allowed. In addition, this event id about the player behind the character, not the character with "Guildmaster" next to their name on the guild page. You may use any Character you control for this event. (For example, Battlegrinder is my toon in change of the Fortune hunters, but if I wanted too, I could use my lvl 5 Fortunebank alt in the GM event.)

Scavenger Hunt: You will not be hunting for a specific item (say, ruthless butcher), instead it will be more general (ex, Epic grade Crusade weapon). You may join a group of other players while hunter for items, you don't have solo the event. However, you must find the items in drops, not trade for them. Players must be above lvl 30.

Relay Race: Ok, here's how it works. You'll form a team of players for each campaign, who are in that campaigns recommend level bracket. At a certain time, the team in Dynastar will start moving and clear the level as fast as they can. Once they complete the Dynastar section, they will PM Me and the next team of players, who will start running through Red Sun as fast as they can. And so on until one team beats the boss of Scorn II.

Entry Fees:
For General Team PvP: The entry fee is Max campaign level multiplied by itself (Dynastar: 25, Crusade: 2116) per team member.
For Individual PvP: the fee is 2k.
For Guild PvP: The entry fee is 6k.
For GM PvP: The fee is 1k if your guild has entered, or 4k otherwise.
For Relay Race; The Fee is 15k per team (and by team, I refer the the whole group of players, lvl 1 to 46, not the group running in any one campaign).
For Scavenger Hunt: The Fee is 1k.

Prizes: The Prize for winning an event is 30% of the entry fees for that event. Second place will receive 10% of the fees collected. In addition, winners of Individual and Guild Master tournaments will be crowned "Deadliest Player" and "Deadliest GM", and will be called back to defend their title in the next Fortune Hunters Tournament.

Entry Form: Post here with the following info:

Events you want to enter.
Which Characters will be entering which events, and with whom (if a team event).
Date and Time to meet with me or another officer From the Fortune Hunters to drop off your entry fee.

A few days before the tournament, I'll send out PMs and inform players of the timing for their events.

Questions or Comments? Please let me know!

javier995
09-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Omg, finally!! :D

I'll edit this when I decide what I want to compete it (:

Traosabara
09-28-2012, 07:50 PM
This sounds really cool. I'll probably sign up for an event or two.

The general team PvP event actually makes me want to PvP. Everyone usually just does 1v1, which isn't exactly what a "Team Death Match" should consist of.

Zaonabiuibil
09-28-2012, 09:23 PM
Fascinating. I might try this out on an event or two.

Quebble
09-30-2012, 12:51 AM
I'll join the scavenger hunt.