PDA

View Full Version : Noodleleg just got a pro computer o_O!!!

Noodleleg
09-28-2012, 07:27 PM
So yeah guys... Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display... Can you guys gimme some tips :D?

morfic
09-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Return it. Then:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=51429

WarTornBird
09-28-2012, 08:27 PM
I have to say Apple is making one heck of a ditch effort to stay alive without Steve.

Noodleleg
09-29-2012, 01:01 PM
I have to say Apple is making one heck of a ditch effort to stay alive without Steve.

This is why you've lost money in the stock market.

Kraze
09-29-2012, 01:05 PM
....because nobody bought the iPhone5? Appears apple is just fine

Otukura
09-29-2012, 08:00 PM
Return it. Then:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=51429

Unsure why you went for a i7-2600k when an old i5-2500k can be oc'd to about 95% of the power of the i7 when they're both overclocked, beating it if the latter is not.

bronislav84
09-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Noodle if your computer is pro, then Mor has just invented lead into gold. Seriously Apple makes horrible computers. Ok maybe not horrible, but horrible for what I use it for which is gaming. If you don't game and don't mind that like 80 percent of all programs don't have a Mac version, go for it.

Really either build a parts computer like Mor or buy an Alienware R4 like I'm going to.

Otukura
09-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Noodle if your computer is pro, then Mor has just invented lead into gold. Seriously Apple makes horrible computers. Ok maybe not horrible, but horrible for what I use it for which is gaming. If you don't game and don't mind that like 80 percent of all programs don't have a Mac version, go for it.

Really either build a parts computer like Mor or buy an Alienware R4 like I'm going to.

If you don't game, go for a netbook or a $400 dollar computer with a bigger screen, if that's what you want. Really, there isn't any reason for apple products anymore.

bronislav84
09-29-2012, 08:24 PM
No, I do game. Quoted the wrong person? What are you saying exactly? O.o I kinda was giving advice to Noodle. Are ya trying to add to my post in quoting me?

Otukura
09-29-2012, 08:26 PM
No, I do game. Quoted the wrong person? What are you saying exactly? O.o
Woops, should have deleted the extraneous stuff. Was directed at this statement:

If you don't game and don't mind that like 80 percent of all programs don't have a Mac version, go for it.

bronislav84
09-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Ok and my answer is still the same. I do game. Are you trying to add to my post? What is the reason to quote that part, talking to a person who does game, saying if they don't? If you quote me you're talking to me directly from my understanding.

Confusing.

Otukura
09-29-2012, 09:44 PM
Ok and my answer is still the same. I do game. Are you trying to add to my post? What is the reason to quote that part, talking to a person who does game, saying if they don't? If you quote me you're talking to me directly from my understanding.

Confusing.

Adding to that part. Even if you don't game, I still think you shouldn't "go for it", PCs with the same specs are on the market for under half the price.

bronislav84
09-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Eh, if he isn't a gamer and wants a Mac it might be feasible for everyday use. Supposedly they're better for video editing. A film major told me that. Dunno if this is true or not, but he seemed to believe it.

KingFu
09-29-2012, 10:17 PM
Only reason I'd get a Mac is for the unibody. Most PCs I've had have had quite a few hardware issues with the pieces lifting up or coming apart. That's not an issue with the unibody. But I agree, not much of a reason to get a Mac. There's PCs with superior stats out there. Even if you just prefer it for the OS, you can put Mac OSX on a PC if you wanted.

WarTornBird
09-29-2012, 10:24 PM

This is why you've lost money in the stock market.

Never was a big risk taker. So the joke is on you.

Otukura
09-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Eh, if he isn't a gamer and wants a Mac it might be feasible for everyday use. Supposedly they're better for video editing. A film major told me that. Dunno if this is true or not, but he seemed to believe it.
It really depends on the processor for speed. Intel has some GREAT stuff going on with Ivy/Sandy Bridge, so if you're a big video editor, getting a PC with a AMD CPU wouldn't be a good choice. The best video editing software is all for PC only, the best installed-by-default video editing software is for Macs. You can't really compare anything to Windows Media Maker ...

Only reason I'd get a Mac is for the unibody. Most PCs I've had have had quite a few hardware issues with the pieces lifting up or coming apart. That's not an issue with the unibody. But I agree, not much of a reason to get a Mac. There's PCs with superior stats out there. Even if you just prefer it for the OS, you can put Mac OSX on a PC if you wanted.

There are quite a few PCs with the same idea now, cheap construction really isn't a factor once you get near the mac price range.

Growwle
09-29-2012, 11:22 PM
Unless you love the Apple style and Mac OS, you could have gotten a more powerful PC for the same price or less.

Otukura
09-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Unless you love the Apple style and Mac OS, you could have gotten a more powerful PC for the same price or less.

You can find PCs with literally the exact same style now - the difference is the shape of the logo on the back.

KingFu
09-30-2012, 12:16 AM
There are quite a few PCs with the same idea now, cheap construction really isn't a factor once you get near the mac price range.

Doesn't the new Samsung series have a metal unibody? I thought I heard that somewhere.

Otukura
09-30-2012, 12:31 AM
Not sure, but go to someplace like Frys and they're everywhere.

KingFu
09-30-2012, 01:04 AM
I hate Fry's ever since they charged me a 15% restocking fee when I returned a laptop...

Otukura
09-30-2012, 01:14 PM
Was that Fry's or the employee you got? They wanted like 150$ cash to give us a quote for something, complained to the manager, we got 10% off and the guy was fired.

KingFu
09-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Fry's. We spoke to the manager and everything. It's apparently their policy to take 15% as a restocking fee on laptops and tablets, which they didn't tell me about when I purchased it. So I lost about 125 bucks...