PDA

View Full Version : Pharoah's Sword vs. Djinn Spear

Burton
09-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Just wondering which is best at level 45. It seems like alot of people say the spear is best even though it has much less dps than the pharoahs sword. Why is that?

P.S. If there is a lvl 45 weapon that has better dps than the pharoahs sword (besides ones costing over 100k) please tell me.

Chickdigcookies
09-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Spear has a hidden "power" or a procc...it breaks armor and makes the enemy weaker for a certain amount of time...plus the spear has more base damage.

so spear > sword.

KingFu
09-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Spear for sure. The spear has a damage base, which is more important to a lot of people over DPS base. Plus, spear has break armor, so it weakens the opponents armor. It much better in a long run.

tjornan
09-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Swords ftw!

Burton
09-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Ohhh. Sounds good. I'll go with that then.

Furrawn
09-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Spear definitely...
Sometimes I give in and try to use the sword... I always switch back in the same map... The spear is so much better...
Try the spear and the sword out on the same mobs & see what you think...

Raxie
09-04-2010, 09:59 PM
no competition.
spears owns swords. however, lances own spears.

Furrawn
09-04-2010, 10:40 PM
no competition.
spears owns swords. however, lances own spears.
Agreed. I only use my zuraz now.

Rarefew
09-04-2010, 10:44 PM
If u can't penetrate the armor in the first place u don't do damage

Royce
09-04-2010, 10:46 PM
however, lances own spears.

I don't think it's so straightforward. For a tank, sure I'd take the Zuraz lance and the sustained decent armor reduction. But for a Paladin, I'm tempted to favor the shorter term, more erratic, but deeper armor reduction of the spear, particularly considering the Zuraz stats are not as appealing for a pally as Thoth or Isis. Spear allows you to get maximal armor reduction, and explode single targets very effectively ;)

Raxie
09-04-2010, 10:55 PM
hm... i would always use a lance instead of a spear for the extra damage.
i use a spear for farming as i don't really need to deal heavy damage and i would rather use an isis or thoth but for pvp, i need every damage i can get and with a pally, three thoth is fine because i usually ohko anyway.
for a bear i use two isis and one thoth.
so to put it simply, i use a lance for pvp and a spear for farming. you can test with me if you want, if you are online. and if you are good at pvp you can have a pvp battle with me, too.