PDA

View Full Version : Don't give guild-griefers a chance !

Sciazaratek
09-29-2012, 11:11 AM
Hello,

How often have you heard that a buddy's guild got griefed or have own experience with random uber booting in guilds by an officer ?
I bet very often ! (I made this experience a long time ago ,too)

If you don't have a clue what i mean with guild griefing/guild griefers,
here's a short explanation:

griefing (noun:griefer) is literally destroying things and stuff from others , like for example guilds.

Guild griefing is most time done by (unloyal) officers that have fun with destoying others empire (hard words but i don't have another explanation for them, lol)

I bet you all say : Hey , it's the masters fault to trust a person for promotion to the officer rank !"
I'd reply : Hey , you're right in this point but peoples and their minds change ! everything is possible in MMo's !

Now to the main-point of the thread (sorry for talking too long about details):

Give the booting-number a "cap" !

so an officer wouldn't be able to boot all members at once; for example : "only" five boots-/per five minutes or so (just an example)
In this time another (loyal) officer can call for the guildmaster who bring it back under control.

I know theres a ban reason for griefing ,yet .But when it get produced everything is too late then .

so thats my suggestion :

Give the booting-number in guilds a cap!

I won't be worry about my guildmateys and won't have sleepless nights ,lol.

Regards, Scia.

Shellkaz
09-29-2012, 12:33 PM
I like this idea Scia!!! I would limit it to 5 per day. This could save a whole lot of grief and and worry.

Otahaibab
09-29-2012, 01:57 PM
but sometimes theres this idiot recruiter or officer who ALWAYS keeps reinviting the person who u kicked.
They would do again AND again until the boot cap has reached its limit.
Plus the GM isnt always online.

Nick41324
09-29-2012, 02:00 PM
After my guild was deleted by a griefer, I wanted to set a limit to how many people an officer could boot every 30 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes.... this happened around 5-6 months ago. Same time I quit 30 pvp.

That would completely eliminate any griefers...

Shellkaz
09-29-2012, 02:16 PM
but sometimes theres this idiot recruiter or officer who ALWAYS keeps reinviting the person who u kicked.
They would do again AND again until the boot cap has reached its limit.
Plus the GM isnt always online.

True, the gm can't be on 24/7. I'm a gm and I am on as often as I can be and still keep up with work and family. The only thing you can do is report the offense to the gm and hopefully he/she will demote the offending recruiter. I know I would.

bronislav84
09-29-2012, 02:57 PM
While all the anti griefer ideas are great, the best defense against them is to make absolutely sure you are promoting a trusted person. Of course this isn't always possible, but just saying.

I've been an officer with ROM since very early on, close to its starting. In fact I'm one of the only active people left besides Ghost himself. I got GM for like a whole minute a while ago. I explained to Ghost how to get the Corporation achievement, but he came back and didn't get it after all because he didn't wanna spend 10k to buy a charter he wouldn't use just for an achievement. Regardless, I had GM of the guild for about 30 seconds to a minute, and I was honored to have it.

It all depends on how far each person is trusted.

Elyseon
09-29-2012, 03:34 PM
I dont really see a need for this, perhaps if they added a like general rank that was almost same status of gm that could boot as many as he needed, then the officer could have a max boot count

Sciazaratek
09-29-2012, 08:31 PM
I dont really see a need for this, perhaps if they added a like general rank that was almost same status of gm that could boot as many as he needed, then the officer could have a max boot count

Yeah , new ranks are a good ad-up for that

Kraze
09-29-2012, 08:44 PM
Or don't give out officer positions like they are snickers on Halloween....

Yich
09-30-2012, 08:46 AM
If Im an officer and I want to boot everyone from the guild, I believe Im entitled to do so.

Rot
09-30-2012, 10:00 AM
My idea's to remove the ability of booting from officers and only give them the ability to promote a member. If that doesn't work, make it this way, when an officer wants to remove a recruiter or a member, the request must be agreed by 5 or more officers / the gm himself. Which means a proper reason is needed in order to kick someone out of the guild. If there's less than 5 officers online and the gm isn't on too, the officer who wishes to kick a player must leave a reason that becomes visible once the gm or officers come online, and if 5 officers or the gm agrees, poof, the player will be kicked immediately.

Elyseon
09-30-2012, 11:37 AM
Sounds too complex, if you promote someone to officer youre giving them the right to boot

Yich
10-01-2012, 11:31 AM
Sounds too complex, if you promote someone to officer youre giving them the right to boot

Yup.

HunterSLAYER
10-01-2012, 11:36 AM
+insta perma ban VIP or not. This would greatly deter "rogue" officers from messing up guilds.

Elyseon
10-01-2012, 04:36 PM
+insta perma ban VIP or not. This would greatly deter "rogue" officers from messing up guilds.

For me if i trust someone with my guild they wont delete it. If you dont trust them enough to pass the gm position for awhile, you should probably think twice

Yich
10-01-2012, 10:45 PM
For me if i trust someone with my guild they wont delete it. If you dont trust them enough to pass the gm position for awhile, you should probably think twice

Definitely. Plus, if your guild is so large and out of touch with each other that a guild member would get booted randomly and not ask to re join, something is wrong. An update like this would hinder so many and only form a safeguard for those who join a town and invite everyone. Ive never been booted by a rogue officer, or had a rogue officer kick all my guildies. I stick to small, closely knit guilds.

Kraze
10-01-2012, 10:54 PM

Kinda of an odd concept holding players accountable for the choices they make? Bottom line much like people that get "scammed" on free plat offers if your guild suffers from a mass boot it brought it on its self. Let's use server space for new content and not for safeguards that are not needed

Elyseon
10-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Exactly