PDA

View Full Version : Eggzavier Scrambled Portal

|Ares|
06-29-2023, 05:37 PM
This issue has been going on every event since Eggzavier introducement. You can literally stand in front of the portal after killing Zavier in any map and "action button" will not trigger the window to show up so u can enter the portal.
Good 10-20 tries sometimes before it triggers so u can actually enter the scrambled dimension. Wasting time of the elixir mostly.
Please look into this.
Thanks

caabarader
06-29-2023, 05:58 PM
This issue has been going on every event since Eggzavier introducement. You can literally stand in front of the portal after killing Zavier in any map and "action button" will not trigger the window to show up so u can enter the portal.
Good 10-20 tries sometimes before it triggers so u can actually enter the scrambled dimension. Wasting time of the elixir mostly.
Please look into this.
ThanksBefore they update it, if they even will but i hope to, u can just click the portal and it will open the option to enter on it.

Enviado de meu SM-A037M usando o Tapatalk

asommers
06-29-2023, 05:58 PM
Anything else you can tell us that can help us narrow this down?

-ALS

|Ares|
06-29-2023, 06:20 PM
Anything else you can tell us that can help us narrow this down?

-ALS

Sure. Any other portal related entrance in the game have initial straight forward interaction moment u press the action button, click on it or tap on it and the window with the confirmation to enter the zone shows up straight away.
Eggzavier portal always have the same issue where even when there's no targets around pressing anything to make portal react to it by showing said window is just not happening for 5-10 seconds sometimes?
It's not single player interaction, goes with other people trying to enter as well where it usually ends up with 1 person managing to enter first and rest just joining through the social party screen.
No idea why is this portal so difficult to work with.

asommers
06-29-2023, 08:59 PM
I was able to unreliably reproduce this. I'll see what we can do.

-ALS

asommers
06-29-2023, 09:17 PM
After numerous Egg-Zavier kills in a PvE zone, I am able to interact with the Inside-Out portal using the action button (not tapping on the portal directly) with no enemies in weapon range regardless of facing up to the maximum interaction range.

Unfortunately, I was only able reproduce your issue just once (but I wasn't in a position to debug what was going on). Since this isn't the most common behavior, until we can figure out what's going on, you can tap on the portal to interact with it.

-ALS

will0
06-29-2023, 09:29 PM
I have same issue playing on pc.. Using space bar won't allow me to enter portal.. I have to click using mouse few times to enter portal.. Not sure what action button you meant..

Elec
06-29-2023, 11:58 PM
The issue I have is that portal action button is not active when we have aggro from a mob.
We need to clean them to go through the portal. It would be faster and easier if it ignores aggro.
Or if the 'join' button just pops up when we are close, it would be easier and faster to join.

GucciBang
06-30-2023, 07:04 AM
After numerous Egg-Zavier kills in a PvE zone, I am able to interact with the Inside-Out portal using the action button (not tapping on the portal directly) with no enemies in weapon range regardless of facing up to the maximum interaction range.

Unfortunately, I was only able reproduce your issue just once (but I wasn't in a position to debug what was going on). Since this isn't the most common behavior, until we can figure out what's going on, you can tap on the portal to interact with it.

-ALSIt's simple, you can't enter the portal while in combat/enemies nearby.

Enviado de meu SM-M526B usando o Tapatalk

asommers
06-30-2023, 07:52 AM
The issue I have is that portal action button is not active when we have aggro from a mob.
We need to clean them to go through the portal. It would be faster and easier if it ignores aggro.
Or if the 'join' button just pops up when we are close, it would be easier and faster to join.

This is as-designed since you may want to combat mobs instead of interact with the portal.

It's simple, you can't enter the portal while in combat/enemies nearby.

Thanks for simplifying things, but OP was specifically stating there are no mobs around when this happens.

... even when there's no targets around ...

-ALS

GucciBang
06-30-2023, 08:27 AM
Thanks for simplifying things, but OP was specifically stating there are no mobs around when this happens.

Even after killing all mobs, the character is in combat position for a few seconds, That's why we can't enter the portal

Lim Weibin
06-30-2023, 09:12 AM
Even after killing all mobs, the character is in combat position for a few seconds, That's why we can't enter the portal

It had the same issue back in the recent goblin event when trying to enter the dark portal as well. It’s only clickable (and allows to only enter) when the character isn’t in active combat mode.

asommers
06-30-2023, 10:05 AM
The one time I reproduced the issue, there were no enemies around, I was not in combat mode, I had the interaction (hand) icon, and I couldn't use the action button to use the portal regardless of distance to the portal. Unfortunately, I wasn't running in the debugger and further attempts to reproduce the issue were not successful.

I'll need clarification from OP as to whether they were still in combat mode with no enemies or not. I'd be happy if that is the issue.

-ALS

|Ares|
06-30-2023, 11:11 AM
I'll need clarification from OP as to whether they were still in combat mode with no enemies or not. I'd be happy if that is the issue.

-ALS

The answer is yes and in general could you just change this portal mechanic that the factor of being in combat mode, mobs being around or anything else would not determine portal accessibility?
Make it work regardless of antyhing around the portal please.

Zhaorabeos
06-30-2023, 11:20 AM
Issues is with remap to,and eggzavier teleporting himself like a ninja!this event just to nice..became a bit not nice cause full of buggs and half of portal elixir gone cause of buggs..btw thank you bringed back eggzavier xd:)

asommers
06-30-2023, 11:27 AM
We're going to keep the portal working the way it is. You'll need to clear the area and not be in combat mode in order to access the portal.

-ALS