PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Legends Email Updates

Growwle
09-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Samhayne, I appreciate the email updates, but emailing me a link to facebook defeats the purpose of the email list. Unless, STS gets kickbacks from Facebook, I don't see a reason to urge us to join facebook.

Worship
09-29-2012, 06:15 PM
+1. Especially since I personally do not have a FaceBook..

Growwle
09-29-2012, 06:23 PM

Same with me, I refuse to give any more personal information than necessary, especially to a company that gives me very little in return. STS has given me years of entertainment, so I have no problem allowing them to email me. In fact, I had previously congratulated them for coming up with a way to keep those of us that do not use Facebook, or Google + in the loop, so the emailed link to Facebook was kind of a slap in the face. I hope in future emails, they actually attach or embed the screenshots to the emails, rather than send a link to Facebook. Honestly, does Mark Zuckerberg play as much PL, SL, or AL than the rest of us? Does he pay more for plat (He sure makes enough to)?

BodMaster
09-29-2012, 07:09 PM
AL Announcements section please ;) (Can subscribe to section if needed then)

All's posted here first, like screenshot is this thread; www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?70315-Sneak-peek!-inventory!

Which was sent to my Email, to log into my Facebook to see that it was "old news"? Madness.

Growwle
09-29-2012, 07:28 PM
AL Announcements section please ;) (Can subscribe to section if needed then)

All's posted here first, like screenshot is this thread; www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?70315-Sneak-peek!-inventory!

Which was sent to my Email, to log into my Facebook to see that it was "old news"? Madness.

I do check this frequently, but I got emailed a link to what I assume was the same inventory preview on Facebook.

bronislav84
09-29-2012, 07:32 PM
If they just email a Facebook link I'm gonna un subscribe from the list....

Growwle
09-29-2012, 07:35 PM
If they just email a Facebook link I'm gonna un subscribe from the list....

I am glad that I am not the only person who feels this way.

bronislav84
09-29-2012, 07:40 PM
No, no you're not. I give them the benefit of the doubt with the next one, but I will if it's the same.

If I wanted a FB link I would go to FB and look.

BodMaster
09-29-2012, 07:49 PM
I do check this frequently, but I got emailed a link to what I assume was the same inventory preview on Facebook.

Correct, the same one as in my last post.

Maybe a link should be added in the Update Email to the forums too? (Though I'm guessing its for "views/hits" on FB)

Still think an announcement section is needed now we are/will be getting regular updates (:

akfury
09-29-2012, 10:34 PM
I agree I stated the same in a different post ... It ticked me off when I got a email of a link to Facebook which I can not use and I refuse to make a face book account,,,

Silentarrow
09-29-2012, 10:45 PM
Spacetime studios has their own forum, I don't see why they don't use it for this kind of stuff.

BodMaster
09-29-2012, 11:27 PM
Spacetime studios has their own forum, I don't see why they don't use it for this kind of stuff.

That's the thing, its posted here first anyway. So regular/active lurkers would have an idea what the link was regarding.

Announcement section is obv coming just, thing they need to speed up the process. (People hate digging through threads)

On another note... Wow, long time no see, still rocking that amazing Sig I see! Funny thing me and Art were talking about you in game the other day (;

Silentarrow
09-30-2012, 11:31 AM
That's the thing, its posted here first anyway. So regular/active lurkers would have an idea what the link was regarding.

Announcement section is obv coming just, thing they need to speed up the process. (People hate digging through threads)

On another note... Wow, long time no see, still rocking that amazing Sig I see! Funny thing me and Art were talking about you in game the other day (;

I had to quit PL and SL because of the large motive of using elixr's/enhancers. I still lurk these forums occasionally though :).

If Elixr's aren't as much of a problem in Arcane Legends I'll definitely be back!

BodMaster
09-30-2012, 11:40 AM
I had to quit PL and SL because of the large motive of using elixr's/enhancers. I still lurk these forums occasionally though :).

If Elixr's aren't as much of a problem in Arcane Legends I'll definitely be back!

I'd guessed that had something to do with it bud.

Heads up at SL, New Cap is only 12.1 and easily to accomplish in a few plays (;

(Capped in 3 plays, without Enh.. though my play times were over 10/12hrs each time xD)

I'd truly be surprised if AL wasn't but still keeping my fingers crossed ;)

Skeletonlord
09-30-2012, 11:42 AM

You didn't need to have Facebook to see the picture via the email. You can just click the link and still see the picture even if you are not logged in.

Silentarrow
09-30-2012, 11:53 AM
I don't think I'm going to go back to SL, even with the xp limit to cap being low. I just don't have that much fun on the game anymore.

I see you're a Moderator for Faction Wars/WoM. Any idea when that games release will be?

BodMaster
09-30-2012, 12:36 PM
I don't think I'm going to go back to SL, even with the xp limit to cap being low. I just don't have that much fun on the game anymore.

I see you're a Moderator for Faction Wars/WoM. Any idea when that games release will be?

Fair play, no point in playing a game you don't enjoy, however I felt the same, but as I started playing again seen so many players that had decided to reside in SL until cap raise, was awesome catching up again. (Still not logged on since Cap last week tho, so understand fully :/)

Site Admin now :)

Had a few knock backs so wont be for a while now :(

FW is out for iOS/Android/PC/Mac. Though iirc you were an iOS player, so would suggest waiting before trying it out as the approvement system apple uses just can't keep up to the constant updates for Droid. Do have new movement (Strife)/HUD/GUI etc, by in the middle of a merger.

WoM release is looking to be over 7 different platforms :)

(Happy to go into more detail if you want in PMs bud)

akfury
09-30-2012, 01:08 PM
Fw is ?

Silentarrow
09-30-2012, 01:18 PM
Fair play, no point in playing a game you don't enjoy, however I felt the same, but as I started playing again seen so many players that had decided to reside in SL until cap raise, was awesome catching up again. (Still not logged on since Cap last week tho, so understand fully :/)

Site Admin now :)

Had a few knock backs so wont be for a while now :(

FW is out for iOS/Android/PC/Mac. Though iirc you were an iOS player, so would suggest waiting before trying it out as the approvement system apple uses just can't keep up to the constant updates for Droid. Do have new movement (Strife)/HUD/GUI etc, by in the middle of a merger.

WoM release is looking to be over 7 different platforms :)

(Happy to go into more detail if you want in PMs bud)

I found it in the IOS store, I can't find it in the android store though.

BodMaster
09-30-2012, 01:24 PM
I found it in the IOS store, I can't find it in the android store though.

What phone did you use? Its under Faction Wars but Google Play isn't the most upto date. Better off going to the forums and downloading from there buddy :)

BodMaster
09-30-2012, 01:26 PM
Fw is ?

Pre-WoM (Beta) = Faction Wars.

Doesn't work with devices under 512MB RAM at this time.

razerfingers
09-30-2012, 01:36 PM
What phone did you use? Its under Faction Wars but Google Play isn't the most upto date. Better off going to the forums and downloading from there buddy :)

I try to keep up to date with it but so many updates i just gonna wait til its all smoothed out before i go playing again lol my phones doesnt like to instal it and its running about 800+ mb of ram if it was empty id be running 1.15gigs of ram lol

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.