PDA

View Full Version : Emotes Anyone!?

Zaonabiuibil
09-30-2012, 07:10 AM
Hey folks! Here is where everyone can suggest what vanities they'd like to see implemented into the game! If it's good it'll be added to the list!

Here are a few to start us off!

Will we ever get a Sit emote? In any STS game? Preferably all of them. Don't our characters get tired standing all the time?

Or better yet, a bathroom emote. My char has been holding it since the iOS release.

Thanks Gibber for giving us your time to answer these!
About the emotions, everyone wants new ones so badly! Like sitting down, a mute emotion, a scary emotion, a hug emotion, maybe a cookie emotion. Or more speciaL effects would be awesome :-)

I want a milking a cow emote.

-----
Tapatalk? More like MoneyGrabTalk, amirite?!

At the request of a certain someone (Cough Bodmaster) Here are some from in the thread for easy access:

I also highly suggest a facepalm emote.

It is so needed sometimes.

Make-out please

Pet emotes, so pets can finally do something!

One that Deathpunch suggested in-game, air guitar!

How about a blow kiss emote? Must include a visible floating heart move forward slightly for about a second.

Stand at attention with arms behind your back like in the military. Another permanent until you move emote, like Sit.

A salute or bow emote. I could take either one.

Thanks guys, for liking my air guitar idea! :D *air guitar*

Hands behind your back would be the position of "at ease", used when addressing or being addressed by a non commissioned officer. ;) just sayin'.

Another idea: reload your weapon. Basically, eject the magazine, reload another, and rack the slide. Idk how well that would work on engi gloves, though.

-----
*insert witty tapatalk sig here*

Engineers could tap their fingers together like Mr Burns!

Excellent Smithers Hehehe XD

That and a rage quit emote.

Airplane Emoticon..

You know, when some players score a goal in soccer or when Jason Terry drains a three ;)

Maybe a bicycle kick as well.

Dunce Cap, instead xD

And one that has been suggested numerous times but is oh so needed:

a mute emote which will tell others that we are muted atm

PianoWizzy
09-30-2012, 08:42 AM

bronislav84
09-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Vanities? C/p fail lol.

But yea thanks for putting mine up Zao.

BodMaster
09-30-2012, 09:10 AM

+100

Kaytar
09-30-2012, 09:32 AM
Make-out please

Zaonabiuibil
09-30-2012, 01:50 PM
A few honorable mentions:

How about adding A "Troll Here" Emotion XD That would be awesome and funny sometimes like when there's an argument in B* or a "rusher" in pvp starts targeting a player and both end up bad mouthing XD Funny immature stuff like that can be hilarious with a "Troll Here" sign emotion ;-)

Or An AFK emotion, The player lies on the ground sleeping on a pillow.

How about a "playing dead" emote? We already have death animations in the game.

tearacan
10-01-2012, 02:22 AM

BodMaster
10-01-2012, 05:48 PM

Nice!

Asifrausa
10-01-2012, 09:40 PM
I agree, why not let our characters and pets do all of the above since it would bring life and joy to our pet, characters and most importantly the players.
Btw I kinda like it if my pet wont just follow me around or keep on circling around me. Seriously it should be dizzy or tired from doing that all day long.
Instead do something like sit when its tired, making faces when its hungry, poop when it needs to, play dead when the characters are dead so it could save itself and returned to us when we revived, and etc.
Oh and for the characters maybe, sitting down, sleeping, stretching, yawning and etc.

Zaonabiuibil
10-02-2012, 05:43 AM

bronislav84
10-02-2012, 08:43 AM
How about a blow kiss emote? Must include a visible floating heart move forward slightly for about a second.

Stand at attention with arms behind your back like in the military. Another permanent until you move emote, like Sit.

A salute or bow emote. I could take either one.

BodMaster
10-02-2012, 09:38 AM

Trust DP to come out with something so awesome..! (Shame about his quirky quotes for Tapatalk ;))

@Zaon; Y U NO EDIT OP???

Haha find its easier for the devs to check when all in first post ;)

Zaonabiuibil
10-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Trust DP to come out with something so awesome..! (Shame about his quirky quotes for Tapatalk ;))

@Zaon; Y U NO EDIT OP???

Haha find its easier for the devs to check when all in first post ;)

Y U SO BOSSY! JK, I'm lazy. Rawr.

BodMaster
10-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Y U SO BOSSY! JK, I'm lazy. Rawr.

Non existent OCD I tell you! xD

Much appreciated.. and thanked for the little comment ;)

Deathpunch
10-03-2012, 07:14 PM

Stand at attention with arms behind your back like in the military.

Hands behind your back would be the position of "at ease", used when addressing or being addressed by a non commissioned officer. ;) just sayin'.

EDIT: derp worthy moment for yours truly, it's parade rest, not at ease. Oops.

Another idea: reload your weapon. Basically, eject the magazine, reload another, and rack the slide. Idk how well that would work on engi gloves, though.

-----

Mitchturbo
10-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Engineers could tap their fingers together like Mr Burns!

Excellent Smithers Hehehe XD

BodMaster
10-03-2012, 07:48 PM

-----

Another awesome one! With gloves they can just flex their "hands" with a slight flash of lighting to show they are recharging/recharged or something.

Zaonabiuibil
10-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Great ideas guys! Really hope the devs take some into consideration!

StompArtist
10-05-2012, 02:27 PM

That and a rage quit emote.

iAmPain
10-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Airplane Emoticon..

You know, when some players score a goal in soccer or when Jason Terry drains a three ;)

Rittik
10-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Airplane Emoticon..

LOL that will be fun! everyone in B* doing Airplane! epic!!

Rik[Rittik]

Zaonabiuibil
10-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Airplane Emoticon..

Maybe a bicycle kick as well.

bronislav84
10-06-2012, 08:11 AM

Stand at attention with arms behind your back like in the militaryHands behind your back would be the position of "at ease", used when addressing or being addressed by a non commissioned officer. ;) just sayin'.Nope, it's just standing at attention to a commanding officer. It's a pose. If you're at ease, you're not in any military pose so that's not it.

Deathpunch
10-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Nope, it's just standing at attention to a commanding officer. It's a pose. If you're at ease, you're not in any military pose so that's not it.

Derp. Parade Rest is the position you mean, then. I had a brainfart and combined with the 16 years since I served, I had forgotten.

-----

Zaonabiuibil
10-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Derp. Parade Rest is the position you mean, then. I had a brainfart and combined with the 16 years since I served, I had forgotten.

-----

Correct. Now I may not be a military veteran, but in band we have to stand at attention and go into parade rest. Parade rest is a hand behind your back with your head bent down, back bent straight.

bronislav84
10-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Yup, you got it now Death, I think. :) If I had a working computer I might be able to give a screen shot of the pose I'm thinking about. If anybody can find the "Stand at attention" emote from Star Trek Online, that would describe what I was thinking of exactly.

Hmm I think I've seen that pose Zao. It's what musicians do after they finish a piece right? Kinda a half now but without the bow?

Zaonabiuibil
10-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Yup, you got it now Death, I think. :) If I had a working computer I might be able to give a screen shot of the pose I'm thinking about. If anybody can find the "Stand at attention" emote from Star Trek Online, that would describe what I was thinking of exactly.

Hmm I think I've seen that pose Zao. It's what musicians do after they finish a piece right? Kinda a half now but without the bow?

Let me rephrase it. Marching* band. It's when the director or the band president calls us to attention, back up straight, head up, eyes forward, then to parade rest, which is legs apart, hands (one hand for us, we have to hold instruments y'know), back still up straight, head down. You cannot go anywhere from parade rest except to attention.

bronislav84
10-07-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm sorry I am having trouble imagining that. Got a pic for reference?

Androidmaster
10-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Hello?! Why not my idea, walk emote? When you just walk slowly forward?

Zaonabiuibil
10-07-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm sorry I am having trouble imagining that. Got a pic for reference?

I personally do not have any of my band, here is a video I found. (Note: different bands do this different ways, my band bends their heads down, but I believe this should show the message):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXJ_X7aYhhQ

Aracnus
10-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Zao, i didn't know you were in band... whatcha play brothuh?

Also, i think a Yosemite Sam emote for operatives would be cool. Ya know, him shooting both his guns in the air when he's mad or happy.

Or an emote of operatives using their guns like a jetpack.. kinda like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tiun-2iwrg

Zaonabiuibil
10-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Zao, i didn't know you were in band... whatcha play brothuh?

Alto Sax

Aracnus
10-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Alto Sax

Nice, for me: Percussion ALL THE WAY ;)

Szangheili
10-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Lol, the Facepalm one is totally needed at times..

Astrocat
10-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Lol, I totally want all these emotes!

Zaonabiuibil
10-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Lol, I totally want all these emotes!

That's why the devs must see this thread o.o

Astrocat
10-09-2012, 05:30 PM
That's why the devs must see this thread o.o

9999 times agreed!

BodMaster
10-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Nice to see you are editing to OP for easy access, now if only I could give you another thanks xD

enifreboz
10-10-2012, 02:24 PM

Zaonabiuibil
10-10-2012, 02:27 PM

This has been suggested many times before, but again, agreed.

BodMaster
10-10-2012, 02:38 PM

Dunce Cap, instead xD

Szangheili
10-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Lol

Zaonabiuibil
10-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Dunce Cap, instead xD

Yes.

Traosabara
10-10-2012, 06:34 PM
All I know is the "PAR-TAY" emote needs more confetti.