PDA

View Full Version : New players

DiorDrypp
07-07-2023, 03:25 PM
Hey,

It‘s a really big problem since few years. AL is always losing more and more players. Game is dying and it is kinda dead. I just wanna say that STS doesn‘t bother to bring in or inspire new players. I mean there are no ads or something? The last ad was like 8 years ago, yea i know they posted one 2 years ago, but its the same. It‘s like if i see the ad it doesn‘t appeal to me. It‘s really sad to see a „nice“ game dying. Probably this doesn‘t interest them what i say rn, nothing new tbh.

Cinco
07-07-2023, 04:00 PM
Yeah it's historically been a huge waste of money and effort - but things are changing with the advertising ecosystem.

So I have questions...

What's the last game you played because you saw an advertisement?

Bonus points if you want to tell us:

What's the last game you downloaded, played and then paid for (premium currency, etc.) because of an advertisement?

Thanks in advance!

DiorDrypp
07-07-2023, 04:26 PM
Yeah it's historically been a huge waste of money and effort - but things are changing with the advertising ecosystem.

So I have questions...

What's the last game you downloaded, played and then paid for (premium currency, etc.) because of an advertisement?

Thanks in advance!

Well, there are few games like diablo immortal etc. It‘s kinda not a surprise that you answer like this. Always negative. Same with this monster holder event. Most of the players said they are disappointed of it and ofc you answered again negative. You don‘t really listen to the community, if you would, the game would be better. Whatever i got my answer. Thank you. Take care.

Oh, yea remember to bring out zodias catacombs out next week. Don‘t delay it again. [emoji8]

Cinco
07-07-2023, 04:39 PM
Well, there are few games like diablo immortal etc. It‘s kinda not a surprise that you answer like this. Always negative. Same with this monster holder event. Most of the players said they are disappointed of it and ofc you answered again negative. You don‘t really listen to the community, if you would, the game would be better. Whatever i got my answer. Thank you. Take care.

Oh, yea remember to bring out zodias catacombs out next week. Don‘t delay it again. [emoji8]

There's nothing at all negative in my response and no reason for you to dodge.

If you genuinely wanted to urge us to advertise the game you would answer my questions with details.

So far what I assume is: you played Diablo Immortal because you saw Blizzard's (excellent, compelling) advertisements for it.
I'd love to know if you paid for anything in Diablo Immortal. You don't have to tell me how much you spent but it'd be an interesting data point to know if you're a payer in their game or not.

Also, I'd love to know if you're still playing it.

DiorDrypp
07-07-2023, 04:48 PM
There's nothing at all negative in my response and no reason for you to dodge.

If you genuinely wanted to urge us to advertise the game you would answer my questions with details.

So far what I assume is: you played Diablo Immortal because you saw Blizzard's (excellent, compelling) advertisements for it.
I'd love to know if you paid for anything in Diablo Immortal. You don't have to tell me how much you spent but it'd be an interesting data point to know if you're a payer in their game or not.

Also, I'd love to know if you're still playing it.

Yes, i paid and still playing it.

Cinco
07-07-2023, 04:51 PM
Yes, i paid and still playing it.

Thanks for the info!

Blessful
07-07-2023, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the info!

Expansion trailers brought me to AL, and I don't see why those stopped being made. Least it would do is bring old players back to see whats new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cinco
07-07-2023, 05:51 PM
Expansion trailers brought me to AL, and I don't see why those stopped being made. Least it would do is bring old players back to see whats new.

I love the idea of a trailer for the 86 Campaign.

Freed
07-07-2023, 06:18 PM
I love the idea of a trailer for the 86 Campaign.

You know, my friend showed me this game in 2013, then I stopped playing at 2014.
The reason I came back after is the trailer for Tindrin that u guys released on YT, which was very interesting, also well animated, and when I saw it I got cirious and started playing again.

I hope this is helpful Cinco

asakku
07-07-2023, 06:27 PM

So I have questions...

Thanks in advance!Idle heroes

Sent from my RMX1971 using Tapatalk

asakku
07-07-2023, 06:32 PM

So I have questions...

Thanks in advance!I also tried to persuade old guilmates to play again. But after they found out what happened to inv slot etc they immediately said no. Tbh its hard for new players or new characters to play because of that. Hope you have something planned to address that issue.

chiiwawa
07-07-2023, 11:35 PM
Advertise or don't but if you do--- I would personally separate the game from all the '2012 app award stuff' I know it's a great accomplishment but I believe it instantly age kills the game for many potential new players.

Just saying.

rokksteady
07-07-2023, 11:50 PM
I also tried to persuade old guilmates to play again. But after they found out what happened to inv slot etc they immediately said no. Tbh its hard for new players or new characters to play because of that. Hope you have something planned to address that issue.

I’d like to see a response from cinco on this one…🤷🏽*♂️

Susanne
07-08-2023, 01:37 AM
It was word of mouth that brought most of us here actually. This was the best game everrrrr.
I'm saying no more, too tired from my recent post on announcements, my knees still hurt by the way.
Byeeeee.

takotako
07-08-2023, 02:13 AM
It was word of mouth that brought most of us here actually. This was the best game everrrrr.
I'm saying no more, too tired from my recent post on announcements, my knees still hurt by the way.
Byeeeee.True and same, I started playing this game back in elementary when i saw one of my classmate made us wait for about 5mins to claim Klaas and Shazbot daily lol. I think his IGN was eyeshield or something but i didnt have the chance to confirm it cus throughout these years i actually dont think ive even played with him or even met him in game after that, not even once.

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

codered
07-08-2023, 02:35 AM
It was xda developer subforum brought me to AL, because we were bored chat using irc so why not making toon in some game and interract there, 2013 up until now, from 7 ppl most of them quit after a year, im still here. I never knew any adv until saw AL vids on yt about upcoming event (helloween i guess)

Daogole
07-08-2023, 09:48 AM
I saw Fallout 4 on the Conan O’Brien show, and then played it a while later. It came with the PlayStation bundle, which you pay for, but I would have gotten the bundle anyways.