PDA

View Full Version : @Cinco New Players Experience Is TERRIBLE now.

trueido
07-08-2023, 11:33 AM
Few days ago my young brother started playing AL.
I helped him level up, got him some nice gears, eggs and everything.
Now, he is stuck at level 67, when all the daily quests give 90% less XP since last update, and he gets one shotted in 71 map, there isn't a quest available for him to complete that gives more than 300xp.

At this point I don't understand where do you expect him to play or level up?
what quests can he do? it takes 16k XP to level up even with few XP elix, it would take him weeks to max out.

I think you should change the -90% less xp thingy for way less cus I literally don't know how new players should level up now.

unless you expect them to get 1 level per a week?

Cinco
07-08-2023, 11:40 AM
You're not going to agree with me - and that's cool... but a slower leveling experience is not a bad thing for the game overall. Obviously there are risks to making things balanced with respect to Quest XP (i.e. you really shouldn't be getting full XP for a Quest that isn't even remotely challenging) but there are upsides as well. In particular, spending more time grinding gears will avoid some of the huge power gap problems we have in 71+

Again, given the tenor of the forums and the basis of your post I expect you'll vehemently disagree - and I do respect that :-)

Best wishes!

Susanne
07-08-2023, 11:56 AM
You're not going to agree with me - and that's cool... but a slower leveling experience is not a bad thing for the game overall. Obviously there are risks to making things balanced with respect to Quest XP (i.e. you really shouldn't be getting full XP for a Quest that isn't even remotely challenging) but there are upsides as well. In particular, spending more time grinding gears will avoid some of the huge power gap problems we have in 71+

Again, given the tenor of the forums and the basis of your post I expect you'll vehemently disagree - and I do respect that :-)

Best wishes!
I disagree but not vehemently. I'm not that type of person. I do remember something though, it's a bit vague now but wasn't it you who congratulated someone on reaching level 81 in one day? That was during the level 81 expansion?
You may disagree with me and I will respect that.

Kind regards. :)

Kolpertis_333
07-08-2023, 12:00 PM

Best wishes!I do agree that leveling should be harder, not that you can go from lvl 1 to max in like a week.

However, you need to take into account multiple aspects instead of just an overall concept, for example if a game has a lot of lower level content that is interesting and worth doing then leveling should be difficult so new players can experience the whole game instead of only the current best content available. Arcane legends is, unfortunatly, not like that. Not only are lower level maps basicly useless but the overall farming experience has been nerfed into oblivion but the difficulty of the maps hasn't. Basicly lower lvl players would have to grind maps that are extremely difficult for basicly no reward.

Either the xp from dailies should be made around 35% of what it was before or lower lvl maps (the ones that are currently useless for max lvl players, so no mausoleum) should be made easier, so even since the rewards they would get will not be as profitable, they would be easier so they could atleast farm xp from them.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Susanne
07-08-2023, 12:56 PM
I do agree that leveling should be harder, not that you can go from lvl 1 to max in like a week.

However, you need to take into account multiple aspects instead of just an overall concept, for example if a game has a lot of lower level content that is interesting and worth doing then leveling should be difficult so new players can experience the whole game instead of only the current best content available. Arcane legends is, unfortunatly, not like that. Not only are lower level maps basicly useless but the overall farming experience has been nerfed into oblivion but the difficulty of the maps hasn't. Basicly lower lvl players would have to grind maps that are extremely difficult for basicly no reward.

Either the xp from dailies should be made around 35% of what it was before or lower lvl maps (the ones that are currently useless for max lvl players, so no mausoleum) should be made easier, so even since the rewards they would get will not be as profitable, they would be easier so they could atleast farm xp from them.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
I partly agree with you. The lower level maps don't have much to farm like they did when the game first started but they are definitely easier than they used to be.
Also, lower levels (because we were all newbies back then) levelled up and farmed together.
Even when Maus first came out, we did manage, in a team, at level 61 with legendary gears. It was difficult. Then the sets came out, crafted ones and later the nightmare set.
Going back to the old days, farming elite maps was "the thing to do" and some good things, gears, eggs, crates dropped.
Unfortunately, this is now not the case and can't ever be as it's in everyone's nature to want to reach capped level. Also, there is no motivation to keep grinding maps when they contain nothing and high levels get all the good events.
Not all high levels are helpful towards lower levels and new players. Plus the slot update doesn't help (sorry Cinco for mentioning that again) because trying to run maps in a party is so difficult when you keep having to stop to empty your inventory. It's not made better when you only have 5 stash slots. Come on Cinco, please let the new players have the slots back even if that's the only thing you reverse.
I honestly don't think it would hurt the game to give the slots back. Inventory and stash slots are so important to new players. Please...🙏
My poor knees are suffering. 😒

Ilove_Poopoo
07-08-2023, 01:05 PM

Best wishes!But didn't you already take our feedback about leveling back then? It's the sole reason leveling was easy up until you reverted it in the last update. There's no reason for it to be hard because there's nothing valuable or interesting to farm, 99.99% of the leveling process must be done solo, lower expansion maps are always empty, so, it only hurts new players who have no network of endgame players to help them level.

It's basically developers who pushed people into endgame, even most event top-tier bosses require you to be at max level. So why must you revert back to harder leveling? I remember back then new players would just be stuck at a certain level, and just ditch the game on the same day.

Cinco
07-08-2023, 01:08 PM
But didn't you already take our feedback about leveling back then? It's the sole reason leveling is easy right now. There's no reason for it to be hard because there's nothing valuable or interesting to farm, 99.99% of the leveling process must be done solo, lower expansion maps are always empty, so, it only hurts new players who have no network of endgame players to help them level.

It's basically developers who pushed people into endgame, even most event top-tier bosses require you to be at max level. So why must you revert back to harder leveling? I remember back then new players would just be stuck at a certain level, and just ditch the game on the same day.

The new level cap will include another revision (i.e. flattening) of the XP curve.

And the issue where you could get max XP from quests that were (any number of) levels below your toon would make the upcoming 86 fast cap a total joke. We want the race to 86 to have some lil' tiny bit of meaning. This is the big reason for the change.

Encryptions
07-08-2023, 01:13 PM
Add more quests to the glintstone cryostar maus and festerfang expansions.

Mage_101
07-08-2023, 01:14 PM

Best wishes!

You are so out of touch with your own game, it’s honestly sad to watch at this point. What power gap??? Do you think level 50 players are duelling level 81 players? There’s NOTHING to do until you reach level 81. That’s literally the beginning of the game, until then you’re a walking ant who can’t even play elite maps with the other players or events because nobody in lower levels will be there. It’s pathetic that you’re not even aware of these small, simple things. Pre level 81 all you can do is get online, do your daily quests, then get off because there’s nothing else to do. There’s no map to farm decent xp like tombs back in the day. There’s nothing. You think your game has way more content than it actually does. WAKE UP.

Ilove_Poopoo
07-08-2023, 01:16 PM
The new level cap will include another revision (i.e. flattening) of the XP curve.

And the issue where you could get max XP from quests that were (any number of) levels below your toon would make the upcoming 86 fast cap a total joke. We want the race to 86 to have some lil' tiny bit of meaning. This is the big reason for the change.So, the entire premise of the change was to cater for the 86 fast cap? But isn't the expansion months away? Why must this change so early when its only punishing new players.

Also why can't the XP quests and XP curve only be applicable starting from lv81 players? While lv1-80 players will get the same amount of XP in quests and XP curve we had before the update happened. So it'll still be easy to get from lv1 to lv80 as per my aforementioned reasons from my previous message.

Cinco
07-08-2023, 01:21 PM
You are so out of touch with your own game, it’s honestly sad to watch at this point. What power gap??? Do you think level 50 players are duelling level 81 players? There’s NOTHING to do until you reach level 81. That’s literally the beginning of the game, until then you’re a walking ant who can’t even play elite maps with the other players or events because nobody in lower levels will be there. It’s pathetic that you’re not even aware of these small, simple things. Pre level 81 all you can do is get online, do your daily quests, then get off because there’s nothing else to do. There’s no map to farm decent xp like tombs back in the day. There’s nothing. You think your game has way more content than it actually does. WAKE UP.

The power gap I'm talking about his high-level players with garbage gear from 20, 25+ levels below their toon's level.

Cinco
07-08-2023, 01:23 PM
So, the entire premise of the change was to cater for the 86 fast cap? But isn't the expansion months away? Why must this change so early when its only punishing new players.

Also why can't the XP quests and XP curve only be applicable starting from lv81 players? While lv1-80 players will get the same amount of XP in quests and XP curve we had before the update happened. So it'll still be easy to get from lv1 to lv80 as per my aforementioned reasons from my previous message.

No, fast cap is a big part of it but there's also the basic concept of fixing what is essentially an XP inflow exploit as well as resurrecting the value of the Levlar event.

It's better to apply this as a system as opposed to special casing endgame or a specific level for inclusion / exclusion from XP award attenuation.

trueido
07-08-2023, 01:28 PM
The power gap I'm talking about his high-level players with garbage gear from 20, 25+ levels below their toon's level.

could you consider revert the XP 90%- reduction and make it apply from level 80+?
I am saying this for new players only.

@Cinco I must say that I feel like everytime there is a problem in AL, you try to fix the problem ofc but you are mainly hurting the the players that are already behind.

This change - Hurting new players, The bonus HP for portal bosses (not just LB ones) is making gap between wariors whos most of them already feel left behind even bigger IDK what u guys are doing.. saying this respectfully.

Cinco
07-08-2023, 01:33 PM
could you consider revert the XP 90%- reduction and make it apply from level 80+?
I am saying this for new players only.

@Cinco I must say that I feel like everytime there is a problem in AL, you try to fix the problem ofc but you are mainly hurting the the players that are already behind.

This change - Hurting new players, The bonus HP for portal bosses (not just LB ones) is making gap between wariors whos most of them already feel left behind even bigger IDK what u guys are doing.. saying this respectfully.

Sure - I'll think about it... but it's a really hard sell for me. Also, realize that when you say 90% reduction you're talking about collecting XP from quests that are more than 10 levels below you. You're WAY out-leveling that content. There is no challenge at all and it's just super weird that you would get full rewards for it... but yeah, I'll discuss with the team on Monday ;-)

Ilove_Poopoo
07-08-2023, 01:34 PM
No, fast cap is a big part of it but there's also the basic concept of fixing what is essentially an XP inflow exploit as well as resurrecting the value of the Levlar event.

It's better to apply this as a system as opposed to special casing endgame or a specific level for inclusion / exclusion from XP award attenuation.

I see, then I can only suggest tweaking the gears given by those lv1,5,10,15 etc "advancement packs", cuz they're weak and it doesn't really help the new players after certain levels because mobs from Glintstone and above exponentially increase in stats (dmg and hp). Cuz again, the whole leveling process involves just solo play, maps are empty, so it's only fair to give them better gears from these packs.

And I really think applying the new xp curve should only be for lv81 players only. Hope this gets executed right.

Cinco
07-08-2023, 01:37 PM
I see, then I can only suggest tweaking the gears given by those lv1,5,10,15 etc "advancement packs", cuz they're weak and it doesn't really help the new players after certain levels because mobs from Glintstone and above exponentially increase in stats (dmg and hp). Cuz again, the whole leveling process involves just solo play, maps are empty, so it's only fair to give them better gears from these packs.

And I really think applying the new xp curve should only be for lv81 players only. Hope this gets executed right.

What we need are Level 50+ hirelings ;-)

(joking but not joking)

Cinco
07-08-2023, 01:47 PM

To set expectations: I do not at all think that a specific level-cut off for this system is the right move. I will consider adjusting the fall-off to account for advancing players. No guarantee that anything will change but I do promise that we'll have a discussion about it.

Susanne
07-08-2023, 01:48 PM
I've even gone on to my lower level alts to help but it's absolutely mind numbingly boring for me and them.
I can see nothing will persuade you. I'll leave you alone now, you never reply to me anyway.
Bye and regards. :)
I still think the slot issue should be addressed though.

Greazemk
07-08-2023, 01:52 PM

Best wishes!

I think it might be better to add quests that takes time to finish and not based on random generate, like the shimmering crystal in tindirin as an example that quest is terrible. I had more fun doing 1k mobs than Reptus Hulks, not only its rng but reptus hulk mobs are a bit harder to come by.

-1k ranged enemies
-50 elite bosses
-destroy/open barrels and chests
-finish a dungeon under 1 minute snd 30 seconds
-etc..

Edit: I feel bad for Susanne's concerns I do feel the same on slots, I hope you guys discuss this soon.

Cinco
07-08-2023, 01:57 PM
I think it might be better to add quests that takes time to finish and not based on random generate, like the shimmering crystal in tindirin as an example that quest is terrible. I had more fun doing 1k mobs than Reptus Hulks, not only its rng but reptus hulk mobs are a bit harder to come by.

-1k ranged enemies
-50 elite bosses
-destroy/open barrels and chests
-finish a dungeon under 1 minute snd 30 seconds
-etc..

Yeah - rng stuff can get annoying, and I do think we could review the XP rewards for Achievements.

Something to consider with this recent Quest XP change: we award experience from kills based on monster level vs. your level but ('til now) we hadn't attenuated Quest XP in the same way. For this reason I firmly believe it makes sense.

Tekila
07-08-2023, 02:03 PM
Actually the max lvl is really high I remember when I started this game in 2013-2014 and abandoned it cause the leveling was awfull. I made some toons to lvl 34 at most. Back then there were no xp from quests the leveling was essentially mobkill.
Hopefully they learned from their mistakes and added xp from quests so I came back when we could lvl up from quests and did most of the storyline. Then I gave up again arround lvl 40. And finally when I came back two years ago I was surprised by the new system including dailies to lvl up. It’s cool yeah cause you can reach max level.
But I think that dailies shouldn’t be the main lvling tool. If a system where storyline quests and some side quests (not all but maybe 4/6 per map) are enough to lvl up to the next map requirement level and give some decent gear for leveling then it would be better.
Take time to rework your lore and quests so leveling would not be see as a pain in the feet of low level players but an agréable experience and the players would not use their trash -20 leg gear.

Moreover every gear is « trash » at lvl 81 if it’s bellow mythic level cause of the « dmg proc meta ».

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Cinco
07-08-2023, 02:09 PM
Actually the max lvl is really high I remember when I started this game in 2013-2014 and abandoned it cause the leveling was awfull. I made some toons to lvl 34 at most. Back then there were no xp from quests the leveling was essentially mobkill.
Hopefully they learned from their mistakes and added xp from quests so I came back when we could lvl up from quests and did most of the storyline. Then I gave up again arround lvl 40. And finally when I came back two years ago I was surprised by the new system including dailies to lvl up. It’s cool yeah cause you can reach max level.
But I think that dailies shouldn’t be the main lvling tool. If a system where storyline quests and some side quests (not all but maybe 4/6 per map) are enough to lvl up to the next map requirement level and give some decent gear for leveling then it would be better.
Take time to rework your lore and quests so leveling would not be see as a pain in the feet of low level players but an agréable experience and the players would not use their trash -20 leg gear.

Moreover every gear is « trash » at lvl 81 if it’s bellow mythic level cause of the « dmg proc meta ».

Hmmm. Re: Daily Quests - I disagree. Getting most of your XP from one-shot quests makes the power gap tons worse - you'll outlevel the content with no good gear and be rocking -35 gears (or more). Daily quest inflow of XP at appropriate levels gives you the best chance to loot appropriate stuff.

Please take no offense and thanks for your feedback!

Zejun0921
07-08-2023, 02:15 PM
From all comments I have seen..
All my advice is just try to download your own game and play it form level 1. Please…Then you will understand why..or just ask your whole team download it and play together..Maybe it will helps more cause you will be soloing the map without anyone..
The inventory as well. Just maybe download the game and try to play it until 81…maybe we set a time duration for it..? Or maybe you should just spend the plats for it..Cause the progress is very boring..

Cinco
07-08-2023, 02:25 PM
From all comments I have seen..
All my advice is just try to download your own game and play it form level 1. Please…Then you will understand why..or just ask your whole team download it and play together..Maybe it will helps more cause you will be soloing the map without anyone..

We play the game from Level 1 multiple times every month and especially when there are changes that affect new / low-level players. I enjoy the slower leveling but I've been playing AL longer than anyone in the world... just not (ever) in the context of competing with other players.

On a daily basis we developers play the game 6 to 10 hours (solo). I tend to play upwards of 8 to 12 and I've been doing this for over a decade.

But in all honesty and transparency, while I know the game itself I'm not in competition to reach LB, to collect gold, to buy a specific vanity, to earn my way into a specific guild, or any of the class-rivalry stuff that dominates Arcane Legends (like any successful MMO).

Zejun0921
07-08-2023, 02:33 PM
Still the inventory issue…if you never tried to farm. Just try maybe..maybe you can earn 2.5m without any gold loot gears for weeks just to buy the 25 inventory slots from the auc…ohh wait..or you actually can buy with 25 plats for 25 inventory slots…ahahaha funny…
Let me calculate If I try to farm old normal rahab that take me long time to kill it for 7k per run… I need 357 runs to get the 2.5m gold… and just for the jesus 25 super rare inventory slots…
And now normal rahab is like standard elite rahab means I need to take even more times to farm like a crazy mtfk for the lb super rare 25 inventory slots…Or I actually should just spend my rl money to buy the plats maybe…maybe that’s what you guys wanted right..?

Cinco
07-08-2023, 02:35 PM
Still the inventory issue…if you never tried to farm. Just try maybe..maybe you can earn 2.5m without any gold loot gears for weeks just to buy the 25 inventory slots from the auc…ohh wait..or you actually can buy with 25 plats for 25 inventory slots…ahahaha funny…
Let me calculate If I try to farm old normal rahab that take me long time to kill it for 7k per run… I need 357 runs to get the 2.5m gold… and just for the jesus 25 super rare inventory slots…
And now normal rahab is like standard elite rahab means I need to take even more times to farm like a crazy mtfk for the lb super rare 25 inventory slots…Or I actually should just spend my rl money to buy the plats maybe…maybe that’s what you guys want ed it …

Yeah. I never buy the additional inventory when I test ...for work ...every day ...for years.

Zejun0921
07-08-2023, 02:38 PM
Yea.. maybe you should try to run 14280 times of the rahab..wait I mean the old normal rahab..for full inventory slots maybe..just run and try how many matches you played and your inventory can’t breath. Inventory life matter…
Yea like you said maybe you enjoy the progress and that’s your own perspective..I won’t judge.. but how about us brooo…we don’t needed to develop game.. we just only can play the game..and it’s suffer for warrior nowadays.. there are all arrogant rouge and mage just talking sh*t to you cause you don’t even have a inventory slots that pass 50 and you can’t even play smoothly bro..and all my gold can just go on inventory slots.. I don’t need to buy any gears to farm :o

Cinco
07-08-2023, 03:01 PM
Yea.. maybe you should try to run 14280 times of the rahab..wait I mean the old normal rahab..for full inventory slots maybe..just run and try how many matches you played and your inventory can’t breath. Inventory life matter…
Yea like you said maybe you enjoy the progress and that’s your own perspective..I won’t judge.. but how about us brooo…we don’t needed to develop game.. we just only can play the game..and it’s suffer for warrior nowadays.. there are all arrogant rouge and mage just talking sh*t to you cause you don’t even have a inventory slots that pass 50 and you can’t even play smoothly bro..and all my gold can just go on inventory slots.. I don’t need to buy any gears to farm :o

I do like the leveling and thanks for not judging.

Best wishes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Susanne
07-08-2023, 03:07 PM
I know I said I would leave you all alone now but this is getting too argumentative.
Cinco, can you please say what phase 2 may mean for the new players yet?
Will they be looked after with regards to inventory slots?
It's not an unreasonable question. Hope you can answer soon, even though I never get a reply.
I wonder what I should use my power of invisibility for? 🤔.
Regards from a non-arrogant rogue who doesn't discriminate against warriors.

Immortal_Blood
07-08-2023, 04:02 PM
i understand both sides.

my opinion: add farmable level 46/56 arcane, or something else capable of being useful in swamp to prevent death

and overall more opportunities for new players to earn more gold to buy them

see below: a graph representing player level vs farmable content
the diagonal line should be straight for the best experience
farmable content is defined by player level/power level multiplied by how much gold can be earned

imfeared
07-08-2023, 04:11 PM
Possible fix to the leveling issue for example completing quest at your level 100% xp
1-5 levels below you 75% xp
6-10 levels below 50% xp
11-15 levels below 25% xp
Everything below that 10%xp

Just an example but something like this would slow down end gamers for next expansion
Do with it what you will

Immortal_Blood
07-08-2023, 04:17 PM
forwarded from a post in general discussion, let me know what you think

j

Cinco
07-08-2023, 04:26 PM
There are powerful Legendary items and (recently) Mythic bracelets at that level... but I see your point.

I'll put it on my list. No promises! But it will be taken under consideration :-)

Delouis Ball
07-08-2023, 04:41 PM
Unfortunately, I have to agree with Cinco on this post...

I was leveling alt's to 81 in just a few hours. Maximum of 4 hours from level 1->81...

I know this will probably get lost in the comments but sometimes when I’m home alone I like to go out in my garden and cover myself with dirt and pretend I’m a carrot.

Flamesofanger
07-08-2023, 05:22 PM
So far we've recently been given a substantial amount of updates that are highly controversial, for easy digesting here's a list;

1. Stash/Inventory slots for tokens have been removed and attained heavier monetization.

2. Quest experience points have been nerfed super hard.

3. The health of zodias portal bosses have been given a whopping 300% HP buff, locking Lv81 zaar mythic set players out entirely. Now it's all kraken players.

Not only that, we are getting an Arcane Catacombs dungeon. This'll be beatable by kraken players.

The latter conclusion so far, this game will punish you very harshly for not owning an arcane weapon that's hyper inflated to 100m gold. And before anyone says i'm complaining because i can't afford krakens that simply isn't true. I'm merely waiting for the prices to drop as 100m gold for a single piece of gear is grotesquely inflated.

So, to cut to the chase... What is the ultimate endgame Spacetime Studios? What are you guys planning? Why such updates now when the Lv86 expansion is months away?
Please, we will appreciate clarification as i'm starting to see drastic changes in maps such as Zodias being a ghost town when portals are open.

Thank you for reading and taking your time to give Arcane Legends content.

Cinco
07-08-2023, 05:29 PM
What's an appropriate price for a Kraken weapon in your opinion?

shadowronn
07-08-2023, 05:30 PM
Maybe they are getting players dissatisfied with AL so that when they launch their new Legends game people will join in higher numbers since they'll not be too happy with AL.

Flamesofanger
07-08-2023, 05:30 PM

50m-30m gold is fair enough.

Cinco
07-08-2023, 05:32 PM
50-30m gold is fair enough.

Cool. Thanks for your honest answer.

Where do you get that figure though? Is it about the amount of time you spent to accumulate that much gold or does it have more to do with principle (insofar as 100+ is just *too much*). Alternatively, is this a statement that inflation is running away and you're not going to participate in the continuation of OP pricing for essential gears, etc.?

Flamesofanger
07-08-2023, 05:35 PM
Cool. Thanks for your honest answer.

Where do you get that figure though? Is it about the amount of time you spent to accumulate that much gold or does it have more to do with principle (insofar as 100+ is just *too much*). Alternatively, is this a statement that inflation is running away and you're not going to participate in the continuation of OP pricing for essential gears, etc.?

Skull dozer shield/sword weapons were 30m gold when they were still relevant and dropped to 17m at the time even though they gave huge damage/haste buffs in the midst of Vardan Valleys peak.

Cinco
07-08-2023, 05:37 PM
Skull dozer shield/sword weapons were 30m gold when they were still relevant and dropped to 17m at the time even though they gave huge damage/haste buffs in the midst of Vardan Valleys peak.

So principle then? Not affordability in and of itself... but essentially a protest against inflation?

Nothing wrong with this stance, imo - just hoping to get a clear picture of this very specific aspect of your post.

snakeeyes
07-08-2023, 05:41 PM
+1000 to Cinco, we need strategy to get the goal, lvl,gold,items, this game play to enjoy, they do this to cooperate player to other player, bond and use different strategy by class/items/skills. The game is looking forward for better now.

Cinco
07-08-2023, 05:44 PM
So in terms of the XP changes - we'll be revising the curve when the 86 expansion comes out. It makes sense to adjust the system now as opposed to having it drop with the new campaign so that players get accustomed / adapt to the new way of advancing - as opposed to souring the coolness of the new expansion with a nerf targeted specifically at the advancing player.

On Monday we'll take a look at possibly softening the Quest XP curves. No promises on the outcome, but I indicated in another post that it's a fine thing for us to consider.

Zodias non-timed, non-LB statistics are going to get nerfed. Not to what they were before the update but close... so it'll be a lot easier for our under-geared Legends to blaze through, reap near infinite gold and keep the cycle of inflation going strong. We'll wait 'til the 86 expansion to gut the gold drops from Zodias - as there will inevitably be complaints on the forums (and in game) that there's no reason to play the new stuff if the old stuff gives better gold. This happens literally every cap.

Team has a number of choices surrounding the affordability / availability of 86 Arcane gears and we'll be addressing that closer to the 86 expansion. I had originally planned to drop alternative 86 Arcanes in the "Arcane Catacombs" but got talked out of it (here and on Discord) by players who weren't ready for their Kraken sales to diminish, and by players who don't see the value in Arcanes that have slightly different stats. I understand so we'll be pushing this effort off for a while longer.

Hope that addresses some of your concerns.

Best wishes!

LichKing1
07-08-2023, 05:49 PM
So in terms of the XP changes - we'll be revising the curve when the 86 expansion comes out. It makes sense to adjust the system now as opposed to having it drop with the new campaign so that players get accustomed / adapt to the new way of advancing - as opposed to souring the coolness of the new expansion with a nerf targeted specifically at the advancing player.

On Monday we'll take a look at possibly softening the Quest XP curves. No promises on the outcome, but I indicated in another post that it's a fine thing for us to consider.

Zodias non-timed, non-LB statistics are going to get nerfed. Not to what they were before the update but close... so it'll be a lot easier for our under-geared Legends to blaze through, reap near infinite gold and keep the cycle of inflation going strong. We'll wait 'til the 86 expansion to gut the gold drops from Zodias - as there will inevitably be complaints on the forums (and in game) that there's no reason to play the new stuff if the old stuff gives better gold. This happens literally every cap.

Team has a number of choices surrounding the affordability / availability of 86 Arcane gears and we'll be addressing that closer to the 86 expansion. I had originally planned to drop alternative 86 Arcanes in the "Arcane Catacombs" but got talked out of it (here and on Discord) by players who weren't ready for their Kraken sales to diminish, and by players who don't see the value in Arcanes that have slightly different stats. I understand so we'll be pushing this effort off for a while longer.

Best wishes!honestly sounds great, i agree stuff like hp and xp should be nerfed/buffed but i think u overdid it, for example with rahab instead of rougly 300% buff, should be 100%, maybe 150% max

ty cinco

Sent from my SM-G988N using Tapatalk

Flamesofanger
07-08-2023, 05:49 PM
So principle then? Not affordability in and of itself... but essentially a protest against inflation?

Nothing wrong with this stance, imo - just hoping to get a clear picture of this very specific aspect of your post.

Inflation, Lack of content to farm outside of events and lockeds lacking sufficient kraken drop rates need to be looked into, although good job on the Hard-boiled zavier lockeds giving a kraken in the 150th opening. We need more of this.

What i want to pitch is a menu interface inside maps that show you all the potential loot you can get. This'll encourage people to farm items instead of gold drops since they're more aware of the maps ins/outs and also it's very confusing that spirit gears ingredients are all locked in elite zodias maps when the gears as you guys said are supposed to be weaker then mythics?

Flamesofanger
07-08-2023, 05:53 PM

I'm not a fan of inflation and understand the zodias changes, however instead of giving the players the idea to slave away for gold drops you should improvise item loot drops for us to profit from instead. Eg, Arcane Shard loot drops.

I said in my post after the changes much of Zodias has become inactive, all due to gold inaccessibility. Please don't let inflation get worse due to public pressure @Cinco

takotako
07-08-2023, 06:08 PM
It was very easy to level up before the update.. it took me just a day to level up 5 characters to level 81, i havent tried leveling up a character after the update so i cant say for sure how bad it is but to be fair leveling up way before was hard too but it was just hard enough for you to continue the next day.

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

Cinco
07-08-2023, 06:15 PM
What i want to pitch is a menu interface inside maps that show you all the potential loot you can get.

We've talked about doing this for AL. It's something we did for Dark Legends' missions system. There are good and bad aspects.

From an item distribution standpoint it would encourage us to place one very desirable item in each dungeon for a given campaign. This is pretty cool. I've done it in Pocket Legends and informed the players that items of a certain type (Armors, for instance) can only be looted from a specific dungeon whereas other types (eg. Weapons) can only drop from this one other locale.

Gold loot from monsters remains an issue but if the dungeons are made identical with respect to number of bad guys and gold award per monster it kinda works. Problem is the 'template' feel and the boredom... but it's not terrible :-)

SusAF
07-08-2023, 06:52 PM
We play the game from Level 1 multiple times every month and especially when there are changes that affect new / low-level players. I enjoy the slower leveling but I've been playing AL longer than anyone in the world... just not (ever) in the context of competing with other players.

On a daily basis we developers play the game 6 to 10 hours (solo). I tend to play upwards of 8 to 12 and I've been doing this for over a decade.

But in all honesty and transparency, while I know the game itself I'm not in competition to reach LB, to collect gold, to buy a specific vanity, to earn my way into a specific guild, or any of the class-rivalry stuff that dominates Arcane Legends (like any successful MMO).

Can you answer me how you expect anyone to play AL at 25 inventory slots ..... will really appreciate the genuine answer on that since free inventory slots which has been more than 6+ years in the game has been removed ......

Cinco
07-08-2023, 06:59 PM
Can you answer me how you expect anyone to play AL at 25 inventory slots ..... will really appreciate the genuine answer on that since free inventory slots which has been more than 6+ years in the game has been removed ......

The genuine answer is: you delete stuff. You do it a lot. Like when AL was first launched. Do I expect you to *like* it? No. It’s a convenience to own more than 25 slots.

I also don’t expect you to read this and have an epiphany and suddenly fall in love with the change. I / We realize that it requires a change in your behavior.

Best wishes.

mamaubear
07-08-2023, 08:12 PM
all i do it now is leveling my spirit gear on sunken fleet. f8ck farming gold. lol

And yes, about you dev change token system. can you add option to avoid to collect legend, epic, rare and common item? those are being trash in our inventory.

rokksteady
07-08-2023, 09:47 PM
So, the entire premise of the change was to cater for the 86 fast cap? But isn't the expansion months away? Why must this change so early when its only punishing new players.

+1 doesn’t this make total sense?

PoorCharlatan
07-08-2023, 09:55 PM
I'm not a fan of inflation and understand the zodias changes, however instead of giving the players the idea to slave away for gold drops you should improvise item loot drops for us to profit from instead. Eg, Arcane Shard loot drops.

I said in my post after the changes much of Zodias has become inactive, all due to gold inaccessibility. Please don't let inflation get worse due to public pressure @Cinco

I agree with the gold drop thing, it gets boring after a while. Item drops on the other hand feels a lot more exciting with the chance of getting good item drops.

imOkay
07-08-2023, 10:12 PM
all i do it now is leveling my spirit gear on sunken fleet. f8ck farming gold. lol

And yes, about you dev change token system. can you add option to avoid to collect legend, epic, rare and common item? those are being trash in our inventory.+1 for adding option to avoid collecting an specific item on inventory such as equipment or something like that it would great

Sent from my RMX2103 using Tapatalk

PoorCharlatan
07-08-2023, 10:38 PM
The genuine answer is: you delete stuff. You do it a lot. Like when AL was first launched. Do I expect you to *like* it? No. It’s a convenience to own more than 25 slots.

I also don’t expect you to read this and have an epiphany and suddenly fall in love with the change. I / We realize that it requires a change in your behavior.

Best wishes.

Honestly it makes sense for slots to be a convenience, but to lock it behind plat is a bit much, maybe we can get an endgame token vendor like the one in zodias or vardan valley to sell it for a decent amount of fathoms or vales to encourage players to grind the maps?

Elec
07-08-2023, 11:28 PM

Best wishes.

I started to play when cap was lv16.
We didn't play with 25 slots. We farmed daily and bought slots to play at the time too.

Susanne
07-08-2023, 11:41 PM
Paying real money for inventory slots is not going to work. It's obvious why you want this implemented, more money spent into AL.
Anyway, I stopped caring, I tried for the sake of new players, I failed and to be honest, I give up because real life issues are more important to me at the moment.
I wasn't able to stick around much anyway and paying for a game I seldom play will now be stopped. Maybe I spent too much money when I look back because I gave stuff away.
This game did take my mind away from stress and other awful things that happened to me and still happen in real life but sometimes we need to face things head on. One more thing, thankyou for being honest and speaking out at last but I'm still curious about phase 2. Not enough to care, just being nosy now.
Good day, wishing you all the best Cinco.

From a casual rogue player. 🙂

pokibeo2020
07-08-2023, 11:45 PM
it made me hate this game - and i quit the game forever

SusAF
07-09-2023, 12:13 AM

Best wishes.

But I mean .... events like xavier where you drop hundreds of them or crafting events or char bound vanities ..... if a f2p slots is to be removed shouldnt the base inventory be changed to 75 for everything to keep it fair ....

chiiwawa
07-09-2023, 12:41 AM

So do exactly all the things you just named you haven't done.

Your the one that created the world of AL so maybe change gears and experience first hand all the challenges your players face.

you named several things that you felt made up any successful MMO but you said you have never been a part of any them--- in your own game. Maybe it would give you a whole new outlook on things.

Stop playing alone for 8 to 12 hrs a day and join the fun.

Maybe change your name though- Obviously... :-)

Tekila
07-09-2023, 01:10 AM
I like to play the actual bosses they are funnier that those that get one shot. I almost feel the old vibe of the game and it’s pleasant.

I already told it in another thread but I think the reason why gear under mythic is trash alone is that procs became too overpowered with the damage boost (x2; x3) so ennemies hp have to scale aswel to be fun for op players but it disadvantage the poor and new ones a lot who can only get carried.

For the gold loot I will say that it is an annoying feature. It has a fake image of « equity » when it advantages the richest more and more it’s not relevant to say that it helps new players. At least rng drops are rng and the advantage of op players do no scale as much as with gold loot for it. But let’s say the truth inflation is du too too much gold flowing in not enough gold sink and not enough gear supply but it’s normal that the best gear the kraken is not yield by everyone cause it’s the real best. The problem is that it’s Power is too great and the game is adjusted to it so it feels necessary even if it should not be.

I almost forgot to talk about awaks. This feature gives a real pay to win aspect to the game because some are so scare and only obtainable from elite gems and even with them are too scare. An upgrade should not be that random if it affects the game experience that much cause op awaks may Triple or quadruple your damages that’s too big of a gap for something you pay from gold that you earn easier from real money than from really playing the game from scratch.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk de

Tekila
07-09-2023, 01:29 AM
If i should say what could be done would be :
Nerf of every 100%+ dmg proc to under 25% nerf of every proc to 25%of their current damage.
Then nerf all monsters in arlor HP to 25% or less of their current HP. Buff their damage by 10%.
Then we’ll talk about teamwork and real « legendary gear ».
Then with that the skill revamp is needed.

Flamesofanger
07-09-2023, 03:36 AM
Hello @Cinco and i hope you're having a pleasant day, allow me to share a method to remedy gold inflation

How about instead of gold dropping from bosses it's replaced with a chest loot drop that contains gold ranging from 3k-40k gold an opening with a chance of looting old arcane items + vanity items?
And to further make bosses more satiable gameplay-wise we entirely remove item ingredients for crafting anything and relocate them inside the chests that spawn in the maps dungeon zones and/or after the defeat of a boss?

To open the following chests you have to pay a fee of 1k-5k gold.

Now, about Gold loot.

We move all the gold drops, those glittering piles of coins into events that drop them after completion and therefore reserve the luxury of looting gold piles for annual events.
You can make the event portals require a fee to enter such as 5k gold.

I look forward to your thoughts and opinions on the following question above Cinco. Thanks in advance.

Flamesofanger
07-09-2023, 03:53 AM
Hello @Cinco and i hope you're having a pleasant day, allow me to share a method to remedy gold inflation

How about instead of gold dropping from bosses it's replaced with a chest loot drop that contains gold ranging from 3k-40k gold an opening with a chance of looting old arcane items + vanity items?
And to further make bosses more satiable gameplay-wise we entirely remove item ingredients for crafting anything and relocate them inside the chests that spawn in the maps dungeon zones and/or after the defeat of a boss?

Now, about Gold loot.

We move all the gold drops, those glittering piles of coins into events that drop them after completion and therefore reserve the luxury of looting gold piles for annual events.

I look forward to your thoughts and opinions on the following question above Cinco. Thanks in advance.

To further supplement my remedy i'd like to point out two things in particular.

In todays Arcane Legends players aren't using Luck amulets/buffs/pets as much as before due to changes to loot drops such as locked crates economical attractiveness, so instead luck is being vigorously utilized inside event zones such as the Egg-zaviers scrambled dimention.

So, this is where Gold loot comes into question.

We give it the same exact treatment and make it act precisely the same but for events such as the pirate booty event although with a fee attached this time.

@Cinco

dumbwizard
07-09-2023, 04:18 AM
Topic- Inflation
In the real world if we print more money the currency eventually decrease in value

The easier the gold can be achieved the higher the prices will be

I think the inflation started because of the gold cap increased to 999,999,999 and zodias maps release. Back then its just 99,999,999. So people should not be comparing the prices today (lvl 81) to prices back then when its level 76. People should accept it that prices changed and move on in life. They're still living in the lvl 76 era when its already 81

Devs released venal,avarice,etc so people can catch up to inflation. If you really want to stop inflation i think lowering gold drops in all maps should be the solution. It will force all players sell in lower prices because they know that its hard to gain gold and if they sell for a higher price players cant afford it wasting their gold in auction tax or wasting their time shouting out in trading places like paradise pier and expedition camp

Sent from my M2006C3MG using Tapatalk

DiorDrypp
07-09-2023, 05:32 AM
Well, i guess we can all agree now. the game is p2w. New players shouldn’t even start if they gonna be f2p. They will struggle to play this game.

Ploid
07-09-2023, 05:45 AM
I hope you are only punishing new players with the new XP changes.

I don't have the stats, but I doubt there aren't many new players coming into the game. The new players that do come in occasionally will essentially be playing a single player game.

@Cinco Glintstone and Underhul are way too difficult to solo unless you are over-levelled with level 60+ equipment.

Endgame is where all the players are at, and new players should be able to reach there ASAP. I personally wouldn't play an MMO where I have to play for months alone. It doesn't feel like playing an MMO at that point.

Marv Biaka
07-09-2023, 05:47 AM
this is why i was searching here to buy mage lvl 81 account,saddddddno weapon no problem,i want the max level account

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

tapsykrete
07-09-2023, 06:54 AM
to solve the problem in multiple account, we need one map or dungeon 100-200 capacity player can join, that we can grind with unlimited mobs, mini boss and rare boss also we can pvp in that zone map while grinding. so we focus all in one account now to become strong or else they cant enter that map.

for promoting game from newbie make an achievement pts that we can help the quest from newbie, example 1000x helping newbie quest(level 71-81) gets1000aps pts too.

QuaseT
07-09-2023, 07:14 AM
I havent commented on this topic because recent changes barely make a difference for lb players but new players. I personally believe that increasing difficulty to obtain slots/xp, basically everything, is a valid viewpoint.
Problem is that the ones who already have everything could probably buy them again no matter the price/difficulty. On the other side the ones who do not have them now won't be able to max out.
For example, a new player already has trouble competing in seasonal lbs. Now, they have no chance to even use most of their inventory while some high-end players can max out everything because of (almost) unlimited gold resources. No clue how to put this into words but it kinda feels wrong if I see new players without slots while I have everything on max (for almost free) while I'm the one who could max it out again and they cant.

gunstick
07-09-2023, 07:21 AM
@Cinco So you want players to farm maps again for leveling up just like before.... But there is a big issue in that "Dead/Empty maps" (No one wants to run an empty map with trash gears, even with op gears running an empty map is soooo boring)

If you can add some good stuff to loot in lower level maps and allow all level players to join the map then it would resolve this issue.

Sent from my RMX3381 using Tapatalk

Cinco
07-09-2023, 09:16 AM
To further supplement my remedy i'd like to point out two things in particular.

In todays Arcane Legends players aren't using Luck amulets/buffs/pets as much as before due to changes to loot drops such as locked crates economical attractiveness, so instead luck is being vigorously utilized inside event zones such as the Egg-zaviers scrambled dimention.

So, this is where Gold loot comes into question.

We give it the same exact treatment and make it act precisely the same but for events such as the pirate booty event although with a fee attached this time.

@Cinco

Removing gold from campaigns and putting it in events would be the biggest public relations catastrophe than we've ever had in terms of player sentiment. It's not a bad suggestion fundamentally but you don't have to deal with the fallout. If you take a moment to see how players are reacting to a minor speed-bump to gold acquisition via difficulty (or consider the pages upon pages of rage posting after each Zodias gold loot nerf) you'll see what I mean.

Spending gold to get gold is unlikely to work. I have some data on this. Spending gold to get an item that is worth something (possibly a lot of gold) does work - see the Vanquished Vanity crate.

Best wishes!

Tonton
07-09-2023, 11:24 AM
Yea it's really hard for Zaar set we can't afford kraken gears too expensive hoping for fallout

Sent from my Infinix X6815C using Tapatalk

Tonton
07-09-2023, 11:28 AM
Yea add Auto sell gears in Option

Epic

Common

Rare

Legendary

Immortal_Blood
07-09-2023, 12:30 PM

20m-50m clean/trash

but im a merch ; )

Switchback
07-09-2023, 12:44 PM
It is unfortunate that Zodias Gauntlet is getting skipped by the general pop, i find that setup more balanced and not as repetitive as Portals(Although some different boss combos could be thrown in there).

Consider allowing Base Elite bosses to provide a tiny portion in opening the Gauntlet, or decrease the amount of bosses needed to open it ty

devilMors
07-09-2023, 01:12 PM
We play the game from Level 1 multiple times every month and especially when there are changes that affect new / low-level players. I enjoy the slower leveling but I've been playing AL longer than anyone in the world...

Well, I would enjoy it too if I got paid for levelling :p

Elec
07-09-2023, 02:33 PM

Maybe you should try to play game, not to level up. You are missing the most important as it's mmo.

Make a normal account, not dev account.
Collect gold to buy some decent gears such as speed set, venal set and well awakened gears.
See how long it takes to farm gold to get kraken gears.
Farm aps to get in a decent guild.
Play events to see how much profit you can make from them.
Do them with 25 inventory slots.
And please do these with warrior and try to get some party.

Spending real money should help us to enjoy play more not mandatory to play.

Yxlo
07-09-2023, 03:11 PM
Hmmm. Re: Daily Quests - I disagree. Getting most of your XP from one-shot quests makes the power gap tons worse - you'll outlevel the content with no good gear and be rocking -35 gears (or more). Daily quest inflow of XP at appropriate levels gives you the best chance to loot appropriate stuff.

Please take no offense and thanks for your feedback!

Consider making map loot role-specific, for pre-81 players at least. That or make advancement gear that actually helps as players progress further.

Cinco
07-09-2023, 03:59 PM
Maybe you should try to play game, not to level up. You are missing the most important as it's mmo.

Make a normal account, not dev account.
Collect gold to buy some decent gears such as speed set, venal set and well awakened gears.
See how long it takes to farm gold to get kraken gears.
Farm aps to get in a decent guild.
Play events to see how much profit you can make from them.
Do them with 25 inventory slots.
And please do these with warrior and try to get some party.

Spending real money should help us to enjoy play more not mandatory to play.

Yep. I do this and have done this for years.

Moisesrr
07-09-2023, 04:08 PM
Edited.

Enviado desde mi MAR-LX3A mediante Tapatalk

Msrobinsonal
07-09-2023, 04:32 PM

Now, about Gold loot.

-1 removing gold drops will kill the game faster than anything, i don't expect someone with 150% gold loot to understand.

Corviss the Lich
07-09-2023, 09:34 PM
How are they still unbothered with the negative feedbacks on slots omg!!

jimin
07-09-2023, 09:51 PM
Removed slot from vendor and added to store. $$$

Decrease xp from daily questions so new player will buy the xp booster to lv75 instead with plat. $$$$

low chance of kraken gear supply from chest so that kraken's price will be higher and make ppl need to open more of them.$$$

Only can loot something good if u buy elix in event. Playing without elix just totally waste of time. $$$

Making higher inflation so that new or poor player have hight desire to buy plat for fast cash$$$

Feel like they don't care about this game anymore, just want to make as much money as they can before the game close imo.

No hate, just try to say what i feel recently in this game. Welcome to discuss with ur point.

GucciBang
07-09-2023, 10:00 PM
[emoji1782]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230710/b23f4ed01d3d08343b950f8bb6600a3d.jpg

Enviado de meu SM-M526B usando o Tapatalk

amiruldanial
07-09-2023, 10:04 PM
Now youre losing your player also me losing my friend they are quit lol. What i can say is inflation on back days was better than current situation. Its not fun to play anymore.

Sent from my SM-M515F using Tapatalk

jimin
07-09-2023, 10:57 PM
Removed slot from vendor and added to store. $$$

Decrease xp from daily questions so new player will buy the xp booster to lv75 instead with plat. $$$$

low chance of kraken gear supply from chest so that kraken's price will be higher and make ppl need to open more of them.$$$

Only can loot something good if u buy elix in event. Playing without elix just totally waste of time. $$$

Making higher inflation so that new or poor player have hight desire to buy plat for fast cash$$$

No hate, just try to say what i feel recently in this game. Welcome to discuss with ur point.

DiorDrypp
07-09-2023, 11:02 PM
STS Team, don‘t you guys understand that it isn‘t a good idea to remove slots from vendors and put it in store. People complaining about it and you still defend it. after this update everyone thinking it's all about money now most likely it is. I was meaning this with „you don‘t listen to your community“. Ofc we can‘t decide everything, but this update is the dumbest update i‘ve ever seen. Take Care.

Thecooperpvp
07-09-2023, 11:11 PM
Esque juego desde que se creo ha Sido y será P2W, simplemente ahora son muy descarados

Delouis Ball
07-10-2023, 12:10 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkCinco,

I personally have to ask, why the move to remove slots from vendors? As far as I can remember (2013), they were always there. There has and was always an option to get slots, for free, by grinding things like story tokens. (Yes, back then there were no "red eggs" for tokens), so you actually had to grind for a week for 25 slots. But, it was a sense of accomplishment.

What happened to that game? Is there going to be a new vendor, at level 86, where we can collect tokens to buy slots again for free?

If so, that would honestly be good, as now it's giving players something to play daily for. Not just the dumb rahab farm........ (to which, my 3.1k str kraken set warrior can no longer solo on Elite...).

I miss the old game, old twink pvp, old events where running just to plat tier was worth it, and took a considerable amount of time.

I miss farming events for pets, (affordable, not 10k tokens).

I miss those days, when can we go back.

Thank you,

Interrupting, Disrupts, Disruptful

I know this will probably get lost in the comments but sometimes when I’m home alone I like to go out in my garden and cover myself with dirt and pretend I’m a carrot.

EynSeren
07-10-2023, 01:23 AM
Wasn’t it always pay to win?

Potofgreed
07-10-2023, 01:39 AM
The game is only p2w if you're competing against other players.

At that point it becomes weird because Its basically a battle of who has more knowledge, time and $$$.

It depends tbh some people don't even waste money. They have time tho and hate sleeping

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

mamaubear
07-10-2023, 02:21 AM
lol i want to laugh but that is true xD

Neutrone
07-10-2023, 03:37 AM
Maybe this question sounds silly but why not just increase the amount of XP from 81 to 86 by A LOT?

This way you're not affecting newer players, seasonals and hardcores, thus allowing them to get closer to endgame content, while also preventing people from capping to 86 too quickly.

Xyv.io
07-10-2023, 04:48 AM

Best wishes!

I support making daily quest xp negligible. It's an rpg and getting to max level should not be an hour worth of work. Also remove those useless packs you get every 5 level, those kill the point of looting and customising your character cuz you already getting much better stats from those useless legendaries. This will enhance new players' experience in the game, also make legendary gear drop from random bosses.

mepu
07-10-2023, 05:15 AM
It's not pay to win anymore, it's pay to play

Sent from my vivo 1938 using Tapatalk

Victimzz
07-10-2023, 05:31 AM
This thread is to show gratitude and say sorry to the devs, due to the recent update. After a while of thinking, I think I found the reason how these changes could help the game, and us. Yes, it is not the best solution atm. But at the long run I think this is a good shot.

I think the team were trying to fix the inflation and making the value of gold rise. They will do these using the steps below:
1. Reduce the inflow of gold by nerfing the gold loot farm.
2. Lastly, which I didnt agree at first (and partly disagree at around 30%), is making leveling up harder. They will do this by reducing the xp reward from the quest. Because of this, players will do the following:
2a. Run the map a lot of times to level up and get better gears every level. Due to this, prices of gear each level will rise. This will be one source of income for the players who are grinding, and also another thing to be spent by gold which will balance put the gold inflow.
2b. This will make low level pvp active, in theory. Leveling up will be harder which will make some people stay at that level and might try to check out pvp at some point.
2c. When players reach pvp their pve kills will be like before which is around hundred of thousands, unlike today which only around 5000 or so.

Like I said this update is not the best and still have its cons which is why I still partially disagree. I think the following should also be addressed:
A. People need to run the map again and again ALONE. The team should endorse and advertise this game more, so that new players have a lot of people to play with. We all know that running alone is so, so boring.
B. The gap between new players and OG players. This is self explanatory.
C. I think removing slots is unnecessary. Or you should increase the starting inventory size to 50-100 and remove the gear chest every 5 levels. This will make gears which can be loot at every map valuable and the inventory much spacious.

Thats all, thank you team and I'm sorry because I was disappointed at some point. I know you guys are just trying to make this game like what it was before, a real MMORPG, not like a fast-paced boring game. Keep up the good work!

Sulphurea
07-10-2023, 07:21 AM
Topic- Inflation
In the real world if we print more money the currency eventually decrease in value

The easier the gold can be achieved the higher the prices will be

I think the inflation started because of the gold cap increased to 999,999,999 and zodias maps release. Back then its just 99,999,999. So people should not be comparing the prices today (lvl 81) to prices back then when its level 76. People should accept it that prices changed and move on in life. They're still living in the lvl 76 era when its already 81

Devs released venal,avarice,etc so people can catch up to inflation. If you really want to stop inflation i think lowering gold drops in all maps should be the solution. It will force all players sell in lower prices because they know that its hard to gain gold and if they sell for a higher price players cant afford it wasting their gold in auction tax or wasting their time shouting out in trading places like paradise pier and expedition camp

Sent from my M2006C3MG using TapatalkFinally a Logic answer ty lmao instead of crying about prices why you just don't farm and put hard work like we all do? Even old players couldn't afford kraken set trust me. Infact for long i couldn't run best gold maps cause i was not efficient. I farmed farmed farmed and bought one piece. Farmed, ran events, looted stuff, sold it and bought another piece. Was expensive? Yes it was! Did i come here crying and asking to pay less? No! Just for god sake move on from past and nostalgia. Erahab is unplayable rn even for who has kraken cause simply no one wanna make 40k for such a long run. Did i come here to say nerf erahab? No, i focused my efforts somewhere else. Yall cry cry cry but i see so so few of you really farming your *** off even if irl you work or have stuff to do. Same for lb events. They so pay per win nowadays and i don't wanna even start on that, do i say make it easier? No because if i don't deserve it, means i don't and i accept it. I don't think these updates are logic, especially slot ones and i admire Cinco ability to never directly give any good explanation or direct answer on why this been changed, you should run for president, but there always will be changings and all we can do is adapt. As a player, for me the only really toxic expansion been 76, too war dominated while other two classes were completely abandoned and made few people so so insanely rich that i'm not surprised of current situation. Just accept current prices and move on

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

Victimzz
07-10-2023, 07:38 AM
This thread is to show gratitude and say sorry to the devs, due to the recent update. After a while of thinking, I think I found the reason how these changes could help the game, and us. Yes, it is not the best solution atm. But at the long run I think this is a good shot.

I think the team were trying to fix the inflation and making the value of gold rise. They will do these using the steps below:
1. Reduce the inflow of gold by nerfing the gold loot farm.
2. Lastly, which I didnt agree at first (and partly disagree at around 30%), is making leveling up harder. They will do this by reducing the xp reward from the quest. Because of this, players will do the following:
2a. Run the map a lot of times to level up and get better gears every level. Due to this, prices of gear each level will rise. This will be one source of income for the players who are grinding, and also another thing to be spent by gold which will balance put the gold inflow.
2b. This will make low level pvp active, in theory. Leveling up will be harder which will make some people stay at that level and might try to check out pvp at some point.
2c. When players reach pvp their pve kills will be like before which is around hundred of thousands, unlike today which only around 5000 or so.

Like I said this update is not the best and still have its cons which is why I still partially disagree. I think the following should also be addressed:
A. People need to run the map again and again ALONE. The team should endorse and advertise this game more, so that new players have a lot of people to play with. We all know that running alone is so, so boring.
B. The gap between new players and OG players. This is self explanatory.
C. I think removing slots is unnecessary. Or you should increase the starting inventory size to 50-100 and remove the gear chest every 5 levels. This will make gears which can be loot at every map valuable and the inventory much spacious.

Thats all, thank you team and I'm sorry because I was disappointed at some point. I know you guys are just trying to make this game like what it was before, a real MMORPG, not like a fast-paced boring game. Keep up the good work!

In addition to this slots issue, I think I found out the reason for this aswell. Yes, it would give STS higher revenue but aside from this it will fix the economy. I think economy is being f'ed up rn by hoarders and manipulators. Imagine new players learning to hoard, idk if the item prices ever rise up. Due to inventory and stash slots being limited, players will have a hard time hoarding items. In the long run, this will lead item being more valuable in the future. Why? Because there are less people holding and hoarding them.

Enraged
07-10-2023, 08:21 AM

Best wishes!Can we please have an update on tokens and slots? Where is the Phase 2? This issue has been around for god knows how long and every single dev seems to be dodging this. It's beyond me how you even came up with the idea of "fixing" something that isn't even broken in the first place. Outdated? yes, but it could've been addressed with a simple vendor update....not to put every slot behind a paywall with outrageous platinum prices.... honestly? your compromise is just something that literally no one ever asked for, respectfully... so please give us something or just simply revert it back to the way it was.

flashio
07-10-2023, 08:42 AM
@cinco

These vast chances should have a warning days ahead to reduce the more than justified outrage from players and receive feedback to make these changes more reasonable.

The XP tweak should've come along an inflow of lootable decent gear/update of the leveling pack gear, otherwise this change makes the leveling experience awful as you may have noticed after playing so much.

The shop update should have been notified way b4 it was released or even refrain from releasing it until both "phase 1" and "phase 2" were ready to release at the same time.

Kystone
07-10-2023, 09:58 AM

Gonna have to call cap on this one boss

Cinco
07-10-2023, 10:01 AM
Gonna have to call cap on this one boss

You'd be wrong though.

Banana king
07-10-2023, 10:45 AM
Yea add Auto sell gears in Option

Epic

Common

Rare

Legendary

God yes implement this if possible ..

Jumko
07-10-2023, 11:23 AM
In addition to this slots issue, I think I found out the reason for this aswell. Yes, it would give STS higher revenue but aside from this it will fix the economy. I think economy is being f'ed up rn by hoarders and manipulators. Imagine new players learning to hoard, idk if the item prices ever rise up. Due to inventory and stash slots being limited, players will have a hard time hoarding items. In the long run, this will lead item being more valuable in the future. Why? Because there are less people holding and hoarding them.I mean no offense, but wouldn't removing slots from vendors worsen inflation? as it's only the existing players who have huge amounts of inventory space wouldn't they be the only ones able to hoard stuff?
What I mean by this is players will still hoard and the players who can't will be forced to sell the stuff they earn and probably for cheaper than its worth, if someone with huge inventory space just keeps buying these from new players who have no space the same amount of hoarding will take place but all concentrated into a certain area of the player base. Essentially, the rich will get richer and the new players will stay poor.

I suppose this is just my opinion though.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Victimzz
07-10-2023, 11:33 AM
I mean no offense, but wouldn't removing slots from vendors worsen inflation? as if it's only the existing players who have huge amounts of inventory space wouldn't they be the only ones able to hoard stuff?
What I mean by this is players will still hoard and the players who can't will be forced to sell the stuff they earn and probably for cheaper than its worth, if someone with huge inventory space just keeps buying these from new players who have no space the same amount of hoarding will take place but all concentrated into a certain area of the player base. Essentially, the rich will get richer and the new players will stay poor.

I suppose this is just my opinion though.

No, imagine yourself as a rich player with so much inv space and u hoard item. Then me as a newbie with access to inv spaces through vendors learn to hoard, that will be 2 people hoarding right? Thats the scenario when there is inv slots from vendor.

Then imagine this now, u are an old rich player hoarder. And me a newbie with no access to inv slot from the vendor. I learned how to hoard but only got 25 inv slots. That means only 1 hoarder right?

The team just put a hard stop in hoarding. Because if this continues to happen then nothing else will change. I understand the sentiments but I think this is a really good move. Stopping one of the cause of inflation than letting it continue.

Also to add, you dont need to compare yourself to those very rich players. MMORPG is not competition between players. From the acro RPG which Role Playing Game, meaning you explore the story. MMORPG's essence is helping each other through quest not competing through wealth and resources.

Jumko
07-10-2023, 11:53 AM
No, imagine yourself as a rich player with so much inv space and u hoard item. Then me as a newbie with access to inv spaces through vendors learn to hoard, that will be 2 people hoarding right? Thats the scenario when there is inv slots from vendor.

Then imagine this now, u are an old rich player hoarder. And me a newbie with no access to inv slot from the vendor. I learned how to hoard but only got 25 inv slots. That means only 1 hoarder right?

The team just put a hard stop in hoarding. Because if this continues to happen then nothing else will change. I understand the sentiments but I think this is a really good move. Stopping one of the cause of inflation than letting it continue.

Also to add, you dont need to compare yourself to those very rich players. MMORPG is not competition between players. From the acro RPG which Role Playing Game, meaning you explore the story. MMORPG's essence is helping each other through quest not competing through wealth and resources.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYou could say that is 2 people hoarding which is worse than 1 person hoarding. But on the other hand you could also say if the new player is constantly selling the items they are earning because they cannot keep them, older players will capitalize on this and hoard the items they are selling. These items don't just stop existing they are just moved to the hand of others. Which is still the same amount of hoarded items but more than likely all on old accounts.

So in my opinion this really doesn't negate inflation at all, it just slows down the progress of players without slots and it even potential increases that of the players who already have plenty of inventory slots. I'm not saying this will worsen inflation or work against inflation, I just believe it will benefit already rich players at the cost of those who do not.

And lastly I'm definitely not comparing myself to anyone, this is just how I believe the game will be affected.

Victimzz
07-10-2023, 12:07 PM
You could say that is 2 people hoarding which is worse than 1 person hoarding. But on the other hand you could also say if the new player is constantly selling the items they are earning because they cannot keep them, older players will capitalize on this and hoard the items they are selling. These items don't just stop existing they are just moved to the hand of others. Which is still the same amount of hoarded items but more than likely all on old accounts.

So in my opinion this really doesn't negate inflation at all, it just slows down the progress of players without slots and it even potential increases that of the players who already have plenty of inventory slots. I'm not saying this will worsen inflation or work against inflation, I just believe it will benefit already rich players at the cost of those who do not.

And lastly I'm definitely not comparing myself to anyone, this is just how I believe the game will be affected.

I should ask, what does it matter if it will benefit the rich? Will the rich people rob the poor? I mean the newbie sell the item, which means the newbie receive payment right? Then whats wrong? If the rich guy could afford it, whats wrong? I mean if you dont compete why does being at disadvantage matter? Is there a race in who becomes richer first?

As for the progress of players, shouldnt be the game priginally be hard that you need to grind it for you to achieve your endgoal? Before, you need to run endless Watchers Tomb 4 to reach endgame, nowadays you can have an endgame in less than a day. Do you see my point? The entire essence of the game was lost, it's just like grinding for gold. No excitement at all. No satisfaction once you finished the story or a quest like before.

Sifff
07-10-2023, 12:32 PM
-1 remove slot is a bad idea.. At the end of the day, especially for the newbie player they will be fed up bcuz of full inventory and immediately quit the game ! Just imagine on the first day you play the game. How many times u need to clear out that useless item?

Up limit to 100 inventory maybe can solve the issue..

Sent from my M2101K9AG using Tapatalk

Greazemk
07-10-2023, 03:27 PM
You'd be wrong though.

At least you're still reading replies on this thread. The slots needs an immediate attention, I don't know what's stopping you guys from reverting it back, it is evident how terrible the impact that one change made on the entire game's player base.

Cinco
07-10-2023, 03:33 PM
At least you're still reading replies on this thread. The slots needs an immediate attention, I don't know what's stopping you guys from reverting it back, it is evident how terrible the impact that one change made on the entire game's player base.

We disagree on the immediate need for changes and we are not going to 'revert' it.

There will be a way to acquire these slots (apart from the current Plat and gold / trade methods that exist rn) - but they're unlikely to be vendor-related.

Freed
07-10-2023, 03:48 PM
We disagree on the immediate need for changes and we are not going to 'revert' it.

There will be a way to acquire these slots (apart from the current Plat and gold / trade methods that exist rn) - but they're unlikely to be vendor-related.

Cinco can you guys make the default minimum inventory slots 50? We have more gears since AL, new players just has to clear their inventory literally after every map, I saw it today with my friend (new player)
Make it 50? 100? Would be perfect.
Same with craft inventory

Greazemk
07-10-2023, 05:05 PM

I see, that's good to hear. Will it be along with Catacombs or Expansion?

Click
07-10-2023, 06:22 PM
As a new player it is really difficult for a beginner to level up and save up now because there is no other source of gold to farm with I only do farm jewels to save up but rn there is no other way to get auction slot it takes a long time to sell using just 1 slot

imfeared
07-10-2023, 07:09 PM
@cinco event for inventory slots? Like you do with housing slots is the way to do it if not in vendor

iheartu
07-10-2023, 11:22 PM

if this kind of event come, please consider all levels to be able to participate. As it is challenging now to be at max level

KarTik1
07-11-2023, 02:42 AM
@cinco
Isn’t this problem can be solved by deducting 10% xp from previous level cap of every expansion daily quest .
But increasing xp in every tomb and side map so people will be able to farm there .
And in those tombs add special crate which drop exclusive item which can be useful for every level .
Like a exclusive pet or a spirit weapon which can be a rare drop at lower level tomb and can be leveled up over there and upto max level .
People will farm them like crazy .
Make them a lil op then current arcanes but extremely hard to farm but without any chest items .
It will solve the lower level players gear issue to till they will get to max level if they were lucky .
And also will help them to get good amount of xp by farming and will solve the gold issue to .
There is inflation in game because there are not good enough drops from bosses .

KarTik1
07-11-2023, 02:55 AM
@cinco
And yes one more thing you replied to many people that you were playing 6-10 hrs every day from last decade .
But there is a difference between you and everyone else in the community
It is your work to do that thing and you earn from it which i respect but other dont have that luxury we have another things to do in our life .
I do respect your work but the communities and your perspective is not same .
Why to bother that much about such thing where you can announce and give all al players link for a poll .
Where community will decide how they want to run the game .
More popularity=more player base = more plat sale
Win win situation for all of us

QuaseT
07-11-2023, 05:01 AM
@cinco
And yes one more thing you replied to many people that you were playing 6-10 hrs every day from last decade .
But there is a difference between you and everyone else in the community
It is your work to do that thing and you earn from it which i respect but other dont have that luxury we have another things to do in our life .
I do respect your work but the communities and your perspective is not same .
Why to bother that much about such thing where you can announce and give all al players link for a poll .
Where community will decide how they want to run the game .
More popularity=more player base = more plat sale
Win win situation for all of us

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI think cinco does not agree that the playerbase has the ability to decide longterm changes as well as he can himself since we cannot know what the future plans are for AL. He mentioned that before and I agreed to it regarding some older topics. Not sure about this one (tho I cant be sure since Idk what exactly they are aiming for with this decision).

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

AL_LilTecca
07-11-2023, 07:10 AM

And the issue where you could get max XP from quests that were (any number of) levels below your toon would make the upcoming 86 fast cap a total joke. We want the race to 86 to have some lil' tiny bit of meaning. This is the big reason for the change.

I accidentally liked this comment but how about reduce the xp AFTER they hit level cap or near it. So 81’s now will get the current xp while players levels 1-80 get the old xp back. Stop being stingy with inventory slots and put it back where we can buy it with some type of tokens. I understand the business aspect of things but you are literally going to kill your own game. Making these huge changes to things that been in the game +6 years for more money isn’t the way to go. Awakes make y’all enough money not to mention locked crates. I feel as the other developer was better in the aspect that they listened after a while or looked for different ways to improve the game. It seems like you think how you think and we are supposed to accept it.

If you keep the game how it is (reduced xp, inventory slots, no decent drops in maps, no raids or anything to do at endgame) you won’t have any new players, and if you do they won’t stay long. The old players will play until they bored and quit like MOST of them have already cause theres nothing to do. We are asking for simple changes. Make the game interesting again.

Luckycharmx
07-11-2023, 11:01 AM

Best wishes!

I like grinding for exp but the inventory slot must be put back. If yall need some extra cash do a battle pass. And make sure its also tradable so the free to play players can purchase it from plat buyers in exchange for gold.

Onawaoka
07-11-2023, 05:03 PM

Best wishes!

That is true only if the game was more alive, no offense. There’s hardly any player and most of them are alone trying to level up. If this game was very active and a bunch of people are in maps leveling up then That’s a totally different and understandable

presp600
07-11-2023, 05:43 PM

Best wishes!

The quest for Fly/Hydra decreases in XP when you unlock the elite zone, please fix this?

ExoTiKPred
07-11-2023, 06:09 PM
@cinco The problem is all player who have played for more than a year lvld up the same and got slots the same way. We love your game man we really do and for you to make it so hard on new players you are pushing people away which will inevitably be the fall of arcane legends if it isn’t fixed. Try to see it from a player standpoint where the only way to get slots is to pay real money and to hit lvl 81 takes months now. Give us a battle pass to spend our money on and let lvl and slots be how they used to be. It’s hard for the players to see how you might disagree when money can fix all of these things in game. If you care about people lvling up fast then why can I purchase lvl 76 immediately? Cmon man you gotta see the players points to and at what point is your supporters opinions more important? We love you guys y’all have done great with arcane legends up until this point and I even love the new catacombs event but I hope this message means something to you man because arcane legends is my favorite game right now.

Chaka3
07-12-2023, 02:04 AM
I stopped playing at expansion level 71, at that time I was still stuck at level 67 because to raise 1 level I needed ±100k exp. then I returned to playing at expansion level 81, and it was really easy at that time from level 67~level 81. it only took 1 day for Story quest+side quest+daily quest. I think it's normal and not a problem if the developer reduces the amount of exp gained.

Greazemk
07-12-2023, 02:13 AM
I stopped playing at expansion level 71, at that time I was still stuck at level 67 because to raise 1 level I needed ±100k exp. then I returned to playing at expansion level 81, and it was really easy at that time from level 67~level 81. it only took 1 day for Story quest+side quest+daily quest. I think it's normal and not a problem if the developer reduces the amount of exp gained.

I actually liked the previous levelling cap, 100k+ for 1 level is fun, I really feel the sense of achieving something when I maxed out 3 of my characters that time. Most people are becoming more impatient and want things to be done as quick as possible, STS intentionally did that and now they're having trouble copying things from the past.

Honestly, why not make the amount needed to level-up to 200k xp or maybe more and leave daily quests xp given as it is.

gunstick
07-12-2023, 04:42 AM
I actually liked the previous levelling cap, 100k+ for 1 level is fun, I really feel the sense of achieving something when I maxed out 3 of my characters that time. Most people are becoming more impatient and want things to be done as quick as possible, STS intentionally did that and now they're having trouble copying things from the past.

Honestly, why not make the amount needed to level-up to 200k xp or maybe more and leave daily quests xp given as it is.This amount of xp is fine as long as maps(where you grind for xp) aren't dead.

Sent from my RMX3381 using Tapatalk

Nexu
07-12-2023, 05:49 AM
Everyone worried about new players but there is none of them

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_I005DA przy użyciu Tapatalka

Skeleton Mike
07-12-2023, 07:14 AM
Oh STS you're always so bad at connecting the dots, let me help ya.
You see this one right here? (bad updates) it leads to this other dot right there! (players stop playing the game)

Seriously tho, of all the bad moves they could've done this one is the worst so far. The game throws you useless items all the time, they only exist so you can scrap them. Further limiting inventory of players is only making that process a bigger headache for everyone.

catchme
07-12-2023, 07:21 AM
yeah it's a big change in xp farming. I wouldn't have a problem with it if they would add new quest that fill in the levels where like this no resonable quest avalable.

if the old quest are determaned to be too easy to farm xp then replace them with new ones!!!

in between thresholds like below 41 and around 61 because i think the graveyard maps increase in power greatly and that would be the next farming point for 71 because the swaps are also a big jump in power

so if the old ways of farming around 15k xp / day is lost then give us new quest around lvl, 41 for 600 xp 2 quest at one more quest at lvl, 55 for 800-1100xp and at lvl, 61 2-3 more quest for 900-1600xp
at lvl, 71 and 78 each new two quests for 1600 xp

sorry for the long text what i'am saying is leveling up is not fun and if it takes for mutiple months players are going to be left out of events like egg hunt i tried joining egg zavier at lvl, 76 nobody joined ....
10k xp / day should be standard at any level and so make new chalanging quests for new accounts

Tekila
07-12-2023, 08:47 AM
Actually I think that a if you reduce the hp pool of everything to 25% of it’s actual rate and nerf every proc to 15% of their current damage it would be funnier and more newbie friendly.
So skills would really mater and so on with the leg gear.

sarahe484
07-13-2023, 02:05 PM

Best wishes!

Hey Cinco! Can I weigh in here? I started playing AL 10+ years ago, when level cap was 41. Loved it then. Love it slightly less now, but that's not the developers fault. I am super frustrated by the newest "nerf" of XP (I just learned that term, nerf, ha!). I'm not against slower leveling, but a 90% cut HURTS. It's compounded by the fact that I can't gain any XP at all by running more difficult levels. My avatar is level 72 right now... but I can't even get through the glintstone maps, say nothing of somberholt or festerfang! And I don't earn any XP by working through a map until festerfang. I don't stand a chance there! So I'm forced to run the lower maps... I can clear gnomish ruins but can't get boss... so I can get some XP from those daily quests... but any of the maps I can actually clear completely on my own (tindrin for example) are worthless now, giving me less than 100 XP. Since I can only play maybe 10 hours a week, you can see how long it will take me to level up. And again, I'm not against slower leveling... but it would be great if:
1) the XP gained was done on a sliding scale, so the XP you gained from a level was based on your avatar's level in comparison... maybe that's too detailed/complicated in the programming world. I'm not a programmer.
2) the XP could be slowed/reduced but perhaps not by the 90% you've done. That was harsh.
3) players could gain XP by clearing maps at their level.... it's frustrating I don't get XP (separate from quests) until festerfang, and I have to ask a lvl81 player to help me. Referencing my earlier comment about loving the game a little less now... I remember when people would form parties to run tougher maps... guild members and other players all helped each other. I'm finding that to be much more difficult now... I've found a couple people willing to help, but there aren't constant parties forming all the time like their used to be. Again, not a developer issue... just a bummer. But since it's harder to find capped players to run higher levels where XP can be gained, my only option is to gain XP from quests... you just completely nerfed that. :-( Can we meet half way??? Or, perhaps, is there a 'secret' to the game I haven't figured out? I know my gear isn't the absolute best, but I'm continually trying to get better gear as I can afford it. I'm feeling really stuck now though, and getting REALLY bored running the same lower maps over and over and over and over and over, now for almost no XP.

chillibin1121
07-14-2023, 05:57 AM
i really dont understand why they even touched the xp it was already good it allowed everyone to lvl up easily from lvl50-81 itll take probably 2 months maybe more to get to max lvl before the xp changes
now its going to take more months for everyone to lvl up to get new gear new weps and armour
i just got to 81

now i want to lvl up my other 2 characters but i cant bc of this stupid xp drop pls change it to the way it was the xp was NEVER the problem the events are. the current event is bad i really hope arcane legends change the xp back to the way it was

if affects everyone in a bad way and i might just uninstall this game bc of the changes.

2021thalissa
07-14-2023, 07:37 AM
Arcane is getting a lot of hate! Arcane is still amazing and many of the RPGs out there doesn’t have what it has so those who are giving up. I’d say hang on, let’s makes suggestions as a community and this is the only good thought I came up with. Tell me what you guy’s think. I just think everyone would be satisfied if they make the bosses in each map drop the gear the player needs from arcane to mythic at that map level. Entering fester, the bosses would drop ebon 71- to 76 arcane. Think about this, this, less complaints would be made. Literally there would be nothing to complain about. This would balance out everything. This is the best solution and a really good suggestion. Please take this into consideration. I mean who wouldn’t wanna farm bosses in every map for the gear they need. No one would struggle. I get that everyone want to make profit from the weapons in action but take a sacrifice for a good game feature with looting them all from the appropriate bosses. I mean it would help us all guys. Think hard about this, the weapons would still be a good price. I don’t wanna see these players quitting this amazing successful rpg just because the weapons are too expensive. Make them work for them with the bosses we have. It would bring relevance back to all of the bosses. I know events are set as primary for that but there are so many other cool think you could get from the events like speed set’s vanity and other things, important stuff. Once again, it won’t hurt for the weapons to reduce all the weapons to reduce at prices a little. After all, who is wanting to buy a 300m weapon. New players can’t afford 30m sadly, I’ve came this conclusion. It would be awesome to loot weapons you need for each map from every boss. PLEASE READ THIS, THANKS!!!.

Oakmaiden
07-14-2023, 08:00 AM
I disagree but not vehemently. I'm not that type of person. I do remember something though, it's a bit vague now but wasn't it you (devs)who congratulated someone on reaching level 81 in one day? That was during the level 81 expansion?
You may disagree with me and I will respect that.

Kind regards. :)
You remember correctly, hurry thru latest content!! Now now now be the first 1\10\100 and receive a glorious reward.
Then sit around twiddling your thumbs. Soooo contrary.

Oakmaiden
07-14-2023, 08:05 AM
Arcane is getting a lot of hate! Arcane is still amazing and many of the RPGs out there doesn’t have what it has so those who are giving up. I’d say hang on, let’s makes suggestions as a community and this is the only good thought I came up with. Tell me what you guy’s think. I just think everyone would be satisfied if they make the bosses in each map drop the gear the player needs from arcane to mythic at that map level. Entering fester, the bosses would drop ebon 71- to 76 arcane. Think about this, this, less complaints would be made. Literally there would be nothing to complain about. This would balance out everything. This is the best solution and a really good suggestion. Please take this into consideration. I mean who wouldn’t wanna farm bosses in every map for the gear they need. No one would struggle. I get that everyone want to make profit from the weapons in action but take a sacrifice for a good game feature with looting them all from the appropriate bosses. I mean it would help us all guys. Think hard about this, the weapons would still be a good price. I don’t wanna see these players quitting this amazing successful rpg just because the weapons are too expensive. Make them work for them with the bosses we have. It would bring relevance back to all of the bosses. I know events are set as primary for that but there are so many other cool think you could get from the events like speed set’s vanity and other things, important stuff. Once again, it won’t hurt for the weapons to reduce all the weapons to reduce at prices a little. After all, who is wanting to buy a 300m weapon. New players can’t afford 30m sadly, I’ve came this conclusion. It would be awesome to loot weapons you need for each map from every boss. PLEASE READ THIS, THANKS!!!.

The community has been giving good and thoughtful suggestions for YEARS. You can find literally thousands of ideas in the suggestion/feedback section. It’s pay to win now. And that’s is final.

Susanne
07-14-2023, 06:43 PM
Like I said in another thread, I did a U-turn and that was the only one and I did admit to it Cinco.
I just wish you and your team had never encouraged players to level up so quickly in the first place.
I remember saying it was a mistake when it was first implemented. People were reaching level 23 in Kraag if you remember.
You did listen to suggestions after much consideration and slowed it down recently, saying that people would be able to level more quickly after reaching the level 50s.
Then suddenly, without any warning, you changed it again only this time swinging completely the other way so that everyone would have to work harder to level.
On top of that, you took away the inventory slots from the daily story quests, again without any warning.
There was to be a phase 2, I suppose that's the login rewards, that really is confusing but it seems to have pacified some of the angry players.
If you don't want people to level up so quickly now, why can they still level to 76 with plat?
It's obvious that, let's be honest now, it's a pay to play game now.
Why all the changes? Please don't say it's all about inflation. I paid to play like many others but it balanced things out with the free to play players and it helped support the game.
The inflation was due to the extraordinary amount of gold looted in various maps, the last one being Rahab.
I'm not angry, I've said this before, just disappointed that you never reply or explain fully what has happened for you to make all these changes. Yes, a few did need changing, and that's fine but it seems that the other changes are quite harsh.
I could quite easily say, well it's not my problem, I'm not new but I can't help feeling sad for the newly capped players or those who are in the mid range.
It's also sad to see how the friendliness has somehow gone between the developers and players.
Anyway, all I can say is sorry for rambling on and best wishes.

chiiwawa
07-14-2023, 09:29 PM
Like I said in another thread, I did a U-turn and that was the only one and I did admit to it Cinco.
I just wish you and your team had never encouraged players to level up so quickly in the first place.
I remember saying it was a mistake when it was first implemented. People were reaching level 23 in Kraag if you remember.
You did listen to suggestions after much consideration and slowed it down recently, saying that people would be able to level more quickly after reaching the level 50s.
Then suddenly, without any warning, you changed it again only this time swinging completely the other way so that everyone would have to work harder to level.
On top of that, you took away the inventory slots from the daily story quests, again without any warning.
There was to be a phase 2, I suppose that's the login rewards, that really is confusing but it seems to have pacified some of the angry players.
If you don't want people to level up so quickly now, why can they still level to 76 with plat?
It's obvious that, let's be honest now, it's a pay to play game now.
Why all the changes? Please don't say it's all about inflation. I paid to play like many others but it balanced things out with the free to play players and it helped support the game.
The inflation was due to the extraordinary amount of gold looted in various maps, the last one being Rahab.
I'm not angry, I've said this before, just disappointed that you never reply or explain fully what has happened for you to make all these changes. Yes, a few did need changing, and that's fine but it seems that the other changes are quite harsh.
I could quite easily say, well it's not my problem, I'm not new but I can't help feeling sad for the newly capped players or those who are in the mid range.
It's also sad to see how the friendliness has somehow gone between the developers and players.
Anyway, all I can say is sorry for rambling on and best wishes.

Most honest to the point and sincere post ive read in a longtime. I hope you get some answers.

Stephencobear
07-15-2023, 12:59 AM
Many losses now that used to be standard like extra character slots, inventory, free speed elix ect.
Replaced with a log in that some who exploited found to be insufficient to replace the former.

One of the last nails in the coffin will be vanities with stats.

It happened in pl, no reason it won’t here

Susanne
07-15-2023, 03:10 AM
Are the only login rewards speed ups?

GucciBang
07-15-2023, 03:19 AM
Are the only login rewards speed ups?[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230715/fe8ed514582800320e58f177b74079e1.jpg

Enviado de meu SM-M526B usando o Tapatalk

Jumko
07-15-2023, 03:24 AM
Are the only login rewards speed ups?No I got 1 single story tokens as a reward

sent from the lagoon.

Neutrone
07-15-2023, 06:56 AM
Are the only login rewards speed ups?I got 1 hauntlet coin. Two times, I'd kill for at least a speed up at this point [emoji28]

Switchback
07-15-2023, 08:19 AM
Checked a few times throughout the afternoon and night last night. #1 guild had 10~ players online at a given time.

PeterB
08-23-2023, 07:48 PM
Cutebuttbro/petebuttigieg checking in here….
First to 81 :):)
Did my 40 minute lvl 81 cap help uncover how easy and exploitable the value of quest XP was??? Feels good….

The part that feels bad is that now I can’t take all 10 spots this year :):) jkjkjk

Been a while…shout all ti all CU peeps <3
Hope you’re all well!!

Inawaz
08-27-2023, 10:05 AM
No I got 1 single story tokens as a reward

sent from the lagoon.

What was the point of adding 1 story token even when everyday u can get 10 with daily quest and story tokens useless now even . Doesn’t even make sense [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

tripexxx
08-27-2023, 11:35 AM

Best wishes!Can you buff xp quest by half of what they use to be atleast until you guys release the expansion , Ty

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mitsooos
08-27-2023, 11:59 AM

Best wishes!

Thanks for the daily login gift :bound house slot kit.
This is a big improvement for new players and for the not richer old players but the owner of the post forgot to mention.
By the way tell him his brother acc with his big brother helping on items and lvl up, is not a new player.
Is just him new alternative character .

Msrobinsonal
08-27-2023, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the daily login gift :bound house slot kit.
This is a big improvement for new players and for the not richer old players but the owner of the post forgot to mention.
By the way tell him his brother acc with his big brother helping on items and lvl up, is not a new player.
Is just him new alternative character .

Login rewards came out a few days after this post was made.

Senpai_
08-28-2023, 11:41 AM

Best wishes!

It's not about exp, that's fine but removing slots from story tokens, making the game totally pay to win, that's not fine. AL was much better before. Now it seems like its being deteriorated intentionally.

Potofgreed
08-28-2023, 09:54 PM
https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?562713-This-may-open-eyes-Cinco

Spooked
08-29-2023, 12:58 PM
so instead of adding more stuff to buy with tokens after hundreds of request they removed items instead? greediest play ive seen STS make in a good while

Roguemaybe
08-30-2023, 04:50 AM
https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?562713-This-may-open-eyes-Cinco

Sent from my LM-Q730 using TapatalkEncryptions logic here is so off. I'm very surprised not many disagreed with him.

He claimed Lvl 70 in one day? You mean after playing for 24 hrs with the use of 7day elix and other maxed out items/ss/ maybe even an actual co-op team to help with lvling/clearing? I mean why would I expect an end game player to understand new players struggle. Just seems like he is crying on an Ivory tower about his "struggles"

Actual starting accounts do not have the items/plat/know-how to "easily reach lvl70 in one day"(back in 2021/22, even more so now), plus disclaimer here, most of us do not have all day(24hr) to play.

And this is not his first time giving Misleading information. As seen with his "spirit weapon videos" which was the main reason I started the spirit weapons thread here, to uncover what they are truly capable of. That specific video type were half hearted at best, and im sure for good reasons as he too, may be busy irl.

If you are reading this right now, I implore you to speak up more in forums before things go awary as seen with the exp and slots situation.

Sent from my 2201117TG using Tapatalk

Potofgreed
08-30-2023, 12:40 PM
Encryptions logic here is so off. I'm very surprised not many disagreed with him.

He claimed Lvl 70 in one day? You mean after playing for 24 hrs with the use of 7day elix and other maxed out items/ss/ maybe even an actual co-op team to help with lvling/clearing? I mean why would I expect an end game player to understand new players struggle. Just seems like he is crying on an Ivory tower about his "struggles"

Actual starting accounts do not have the items/plat/know-how to "easily reach lvl70 in one day"(back in 2021/22, even more so now), plus disclaimer here, most of us do not have all day(24hr) to play.

And this is not his first time giving Misleading information. As seen with his "spirit weapon videos" which was the main reason I started the spirit weapons thread here, to uncover what they are truly capable of. That specific video type were half hearted at best, and im sure for good reasons as he too, may be busy irl.

If you are reading this right now, I implore you to speak up more in forums before things go awary as seen with the exp and slots situation.

Sent from my 2201117TG using Tapatalkhttps://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?659028-Spirit-items-Should-it-exist

Adf
08-31-2023, 04:46 AM
Making a lot of teasers aren t good for the community to enjoy the game. We understand you are under pressure and want things go well but i don t think this method is the good one. Is like iphone tell they add a camera to their phones. Teaser of level 81 was the best one, we got all the informations in one, and the next day we got the expansion. Now we get informations every single week and a map that only end game players can do it. Okay we could be happy with boring events than a end game map and a lot of teasers. In this way you could keep the community busy and won t lose so much trust on them. This is my opinion about this expansion

Itzmemohsin
08-31-2023, 09:39 PM
Making a lot of teasers aren t good for the community to enjoy the game. We understand you are under pressure and want things go well but i don t think this method is the good one. Is like iphone tell they add a camera to their phones. Teaser of level 81 was the best one, we got all the informations in one, and the next day we got the expansion. Now we get informations every single week and a map that only end game players can do it. Okay we could be happy with boring events than a end game map and a lot of teasers. In this way you could keep the community busy and won t lose so much trust on them. This is my opinion about this expansion

It's not really that bad considering we been having non stop events and every event introduced so many items that flood the market , especially vanities and auras that it becomes hard to comprehend.

Its good to have breaks to maintain the appetite for major events and content.

Cluckty
09-15-2023, 03:12 AM
As a new player who has only been playing for a month I do have some insight to give coming from other mmos to this. Obviously gold is super inflated but it’s to the point where at the lower levels and even at 86 without the ability to farm it easier(need gold to make gold) it’s disastrous to make purchases and leads to the feeling of needing to buy platinum to make progress. Another thing I just recently found out is that the haste set has to be the same level and some pre-fix, which while the prefix was an overlook on my part the level requirement is just weird and should be stated in the description. Honestly that’s really it, I enjoy the leveling process up to glintstone because it’s really tedious to progress through those maps and it never gets better until you can afford a mireguard set at 71. While I understand that you as a company need to make money it’s just seems so predatory when mentally I’m torn on whether I should spend money because it’ll make me stronger or not.

djerida2015
09-15-2023, 07:37 PM
I don't have a problem with inventory slots i got it maxed for all my characters a long time ago..
Anyway i suggest that you add an auto sell options for items below legendary.. a lot of games have this option and i think it will help new/f2p players with their inventory issues
Best wishes

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

|Ares|
09-17-2023, 10:04 AM
I don't have a problem with inventory slots i got it maxed for all my characters a long time ago..
Anyway i suggest that you add an auto sell options for items below legendary.. a lot of games have this option and i think it will help new/f2p players with their inventory issues
Best wishes

How exactly is autoselling any item u can get to be able to play the new game supposed to help a new player with zero knowledge about the game?

KarTik1
09-18-2023, 12:59 AM
Best wishes

While they removed all slots from token vendors they should have increased the minimum value of slots .
Like instead of 25 it should have been like 75-100 at base inventory slots .
Or they can put 25 slots in advancement crates
Like for level 25-50-75. So total slots will be 100 for inventory/crafting inventory/house inventory.
And 100 slots per account for stash .
All other slots are luxury but these slots are necessary.

Neutrone
09-18-2023, 06:12 AM
While they removed all slots from token vendors they should have increased the minimum value of slots .
Like instead of 25 it should have been like 75-100 at base inventory slots .
Or they can put 25 slots in advancement crates
Like for level 25-50-75. So total slots will be 100 for inventory/crafting inventory/house inventory.
And 100 slots per account for stash .
All other slots are luxury but these slots are necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk+1
I actually like this idea