PDA

View Full Version : Well, Bye guys and new implements:

Bunnyshoota
09-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Please read this, and please do not troll or flame me.

Yes, I have tried to quit before.
I lost my 58 glyph stuff and left before coming back, along with other things.

But this time, I'm probably leaving for sure.

I realize what I did was wrong. But let me just say that, in my weak defense, that it wasn't entirely my fault. In fact, I believe this is a NEW clever way of destroying someone.

I saw one of my "friends" with a shiny new demonic set and lots of gold. Won't name it, but I've sent it to support already. I knew from past experiences that he was "poor," so when I saw those items, I immediately asked him where he got it from. He gave me a name, and I asked that person. They told me that they would give me demonic, gold, and platinum. I've never been rich in game, my net worth probably 2.5 million in items and 100k in gold, so I immediately wanted it.

Ends up I was wrong.
Whoever it was, they switched my account's email, meaning I had no access to it. The worst part was that I KNEW they were on my account, sending items away. I even pm'ed them and they taunted me back, from MY account. And I couldn't do anything.

EVERYTHING on my account was still there. I tried in all ways to contact support, but it was the weekend so I waited SUCH a long time before they finally replied. If they'd checked earlier, I may have gotten my stuff back with minimal losses. They took my:

Custom set
Enchanted set
L51 Royal/fury set
All my 25 sets
L15 artisans
L56 big top mace, forgotten bow
100k gold
Orcish bow

May not seem like much, but I've been nice and given stuff away and farmed nearly all of it. I was very angry, mostly because of the horrible weekend deal with support.

Also, they deleted one of my prized chars, named "lag" so if you see lag in game, that is NOT ME. It is the scammer who took all my stuff.

So before I go, I would VERY much like to see new things implemented in game to help prevent any of this for further players:

Weekend support system.
I tried emailing, FB, even calling. Got no reply.
Atleast hire 1 person to check emails on sat. and sun. I'm guessing that funds would be sufficient enough.

Switching account emails:
I was very surprised at how EASY it was to change emails. Go to spacetime nexus, click modify account, type new email, and bam.

I think that the game should send a confirmation email TO your email account verifying you wish to switch. This would've prevented a lot of things.

Giving away items:
Of course, with my pink items that I worked so hard for, whomever was on my account wouldn't delete them all. They would transfer them through giving to their account chars.
I think that, aside from a login password, there should be a "give pass". It would be different from your password, and when you want to give someone something, you type it in and it lets you give for the next x minutes before asking it again.

Also, after say 10 failed tries, it locks your items and account and sends an email to you. This way,

1. Items cannot be accidently given.
Say you want to compare stats on someone, but accidently hit "give."
2. People on your account wouldn't know your give password, therefore no items can be lost through transfers.

That's all I can think of now. If you want to chill with me before I leave after today, add "bunnyshoota"
To recap,
1. Ik that this is a very unorganized and jumbled read. Please do note what I have written though.
2. This has been a great game and community, but I think our newer generation of members should learn some respect.
3. I am NOT lag anymore; please report him if you see him.
4. Good luck to all players, and
5. NEVER GIVE OUT YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD unless you want to learn it the hard way like I did.

This is all I can think of now, and for my last few days (probably unless if I get a dragon set on a run with a friend) I will work to see these implemented.
Add me in game as I will chill with my buds a few more hours on bunnyshoota.

Good bye everyone, I had a great time here. I really did not think it would have to end like this.
I might spend time on forums, I just don't know.

-Bunnyshoota

Elyseon
09-30-2012, 04:53 PM
I know they work on weekends sometimes cuz ive been banned during a weekend, probably thats y they were so busy lol
And yeh they answer my emails about it over the weekend too

KingFu
09-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Bye

Bunnyshoota
09-30-2012, 04:54 PM
I know they work on weekends sometimes cuz ive been banned during a weekend, probably thats y they were so busy lol
And yeh they answer my emails about it over the weekend too

Yes, just not fast enough.
If my emails were answered and done within an hour, I might've stayed.

Elyseon
09-30-2012, 05:03 PM
Maybe they just love me
I got a reply in 20 mins on a sunday o.O

Energizeric
09-30-2012, 05:09 PM
I think that the game should send a confirmation email TO your email account verifying you wish to switch. This would've prevented a lot of things.

Very good idea here. Perhaps they should make it so the only way to change an email address OR password is by a link sent to your email address on file. Perhaps also a way using your email account to close the connection, i.e. if someone has your password and is signed onto your account, then you could boot them off.

This way even if someone had your account password, you could change the password and boot them off your account before they could cause any damage.

Traebeles99
09-30-2012, 05:14 PM
im sry bro really sucks for u sad to see u go hope u come back bye!

Multibird
09-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Please read this, and please do not troll or flame me.

Switching account emails:
I was very surprised at how EASY it was to change emails. Go to spacetime nexus, click modify account, type new email, and bam.

-Bunnyshoota

I think you got the wrong idea here buddy, In PL when someone changes there email address STS send a confirmation email to the old email address to make sure that your the same person who's originally hold the accounts and the same person who wants to change his email address.

HOW DO I KNOW THIS?
I have changed my email once in PL and I did get a confirmation email about the new email address. So I have no idea what you're talking about Pal. :abnormal:

Hope everything works out well for you! :subdued:

Bunnyshoota
09-30-2012, 05:24 PM
I think you got the wrong idea here buddy, In PL when someone changes there email address STS send a confirmation email to the old email address to make sure that your the same person who's originally hold the accounts and the same person who wants to change his email address.

HOW DO I KNOW THIS?
I have changed my email once in PL and I did get a confirmation email about the new email address. So I have no idea what you're talking about Pal. :abnormal:

Hope everything works out well for you! :subdued:

Well, I checked my email and there was none.

Elyseon
09-30-2012, 05:25 PM
O.o maybe they only changed your pw

Otukura
09-30-2012, 05:26 PM
90% threat 10% truth?

Nihiliste
09-30-2012, 05:30 PM
Bye

outstanding

razerfingers
09-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Very good idea here. Perhaps they should make it so the only way to change an email address OR password is by a link sent to your email address on file. Perhaps also a way using your email account to close the connection, i.e. if someone has your password and is signed onto your account, then you could boot them off.

This way even if someone had your account password, you could change the password and boot them off your account before they could cause any damage.

To clarify this, they do infact send you an email saying your password is has been changed. Ive been in this situation before and i infact got the email saying password and email has been changed and if it wasnt you to contact support so i did and it took 2 days all items wiped out gold gone but i didnt care or quit i was happy i got my accound back.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Mothwing
09-30-2012, 06:03 PM
Just in case you forgot to read the message that shows up every time you join a game/town:

-Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated
-Do not give your email/password to anyone

Lovingly
09-30-2012, 06:15 PM
:-(

Yich
09-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Well, as the age-old saying goes, greedy noobs are greedy.

Loaden
09-30-2012, 06:38 PM
1.I want the name lag:( And on a side note, PL has constantly reminded us not to gve away our infos. Even if it was sheer greed. How can you leave your valuable items items there and gve your account info? Hope you learned your lesson there.

GoodSyntax
09-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Well, if this story can be verified, I would be willing to give you a few Forgotten Bows and 100K. Unfortunately, I don't have a Custom, Enchanted or Fury set, but I may have some lvl 25 pieces - probably not a full set anymore, I been running a bunch of random contests, so my inventory is a bit low.

Hate to be so cynical, but I've heard so many sob stories, and have been scammed enough times that I am always wary...unfortunate, but that's the way it is these days.

McBain
09-30-2012, 07:15 PM
This isn't meant as a flame, but this stuff gets posted here so often that's it's hard not to facepalm. This is exactly why you never give out account info. Even to your friends. 90% of the time this stuff happens, it seems like someone's "friend" was involved. Nobody will ever give you platinum. Ever. Ever ever ever ever ever. It is a scam 100% of the time.

That said, having an email confirmation when you change account info is a great idea.

MightyMicah
09-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Guild wars 2 bro. Guild wars 2.

kiitz
09-30-2012, 07:49 PM
"A fool and his money are soon parted."

Kraze
09-30-2012, 07:56 PM
The game DOES NOT need any more passwords, fail safes, or more support on the weekends. Not only do u get warned EVERY TIME you change zones to not give out your account information, but it's also clearly spelled out in the TOS. Yet people still "get scammed". If it were up to me I'd drop the ban hammer on all parties involved. It's nobody's fault but yours that you couldn't follow a simple rule

#my2plat

Noodleleg
09-30-2012, 08:05 PM
I know who I'm hunting next...

Cobraguy
09-30-2012, 08:06 PM
Thats all we need is more Caution labels and failsafes for stupid people in this world.....its natural selection when someone chooses not to heed a warning given to them over and over again. Do you really need to stick your hand in the fire to know its going to burn you? Do you really have to do it twice. That's the definition of stupidity.....
I don't feel bad for anyone who gets ''scammed''. Wake up and realize the world isn't all sunshine and puppy dogs...its a dirty world cuz!

With that point made, whats even more pathetic is the people that actually do the scamming....come on, really, you just stole some little kids pixels....

Patricks
09-30-2012, 08:19 PM
I think every skill should be password protected. Everytime you tap on a skill, we should be prompted to enter a password that is at least 8 characters long

This way there would be no unauthorized beckons, heals, blastshots, etc.

Kraze
09-30-2012, 08:29 PM
I think every skill should be password protected. Everytime you tap on a skill, we should be prompted to enter a password that is at least 8 characters long

Just lol

XghostzX
09-30-2012, 08:30 PM

Come again?

Elyseon
09-30-2012, 09:11 PM

actually if you talk ton some npc in the dark forest, there is a 4th page of options which allows you to disable any skills, liquidating items, giving/trading items, or accessing the stash/cs

Rare
09-30-2012, 09:19 PM
I don't see any reason they should implement any feature for giving a password.

Noodleleg
09-30-2012, 09:28 PM

Nonetheless, I will Hax dodge you to death.

Patricks
09-30-2012, 09:32 PM

Nonetheless, I will Hax dodge you to death.

Haxing should also be password protected.

KingFu
09-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Some people will do idiotic things anyways, regardless of how much people tell them not to, it's their nature.

McBain
09-30-2012, 11:01 PM
I think the email confirmation is fine and doesn't add any inconvenience whatsoever. How often do you change your account info that confirming through email is such a pain? Sure, I agree that it's stupid for anyone to give out their account info for any reason, but there are a lot of young kids playing this game, and young kids can be....well....stupid at times (so can adults, actually). At least when somone stupidly gives out his info, the other guy won't be able to lock them out of their own account. Fewer support emails and forum blasting that STS has to deal with.

Kraze
10-01-2012, 01:00 AM
I think the email confirmation is fine and doesn't add any inconvenience whatsoever. How often do you change your account info that confirming through email is such a pain? Sure, I agree that it's stupid for anyone to give out their account info for any reason, but there are a lot of young kids playing this game, and young kids can be....well....stupid at times (so can adults, actually). At least when somone stupidly gives out his info, the other guy won't be able to lock them out of their own account. Fewer support emails and forum blasting that STS has to deal with.

Or simply drop the ban hammer on all involved

BodMaster
10-01-2012, 01:18 AM
Or Dev/Admin/Mod could have actually tried helping this person when it occurred over the weekend. Must have been about 5+ threads "locked" so obviously people were on and could have gone above and beyond, such as Delphina just Locking and saying support, even though it was suggested already, and known the "StS Support" isn't available on the weekends.

I'm sure if one of them went out of their way a bit to help this person, they may not be quitting/leaving now.

Granted it was their own fault to begin with, but never hurts to put in the extra effort every now and then if the situation warrants it.

Ortalan
10-01-2012, 03:21 AM
ANYTIME ANYONE offers me plat for ANYTHING in PL I report them to STS straight off. Let's help each other out, and help STS keep jerks out of Alterra - report, report, report! And yeah, seriously - with the sharing account info.... never give anyone anything you can't afford to lose.

Kraze
10-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Or Dev/Admin/Mod could have actually tried helping this person when it occurred over the weekend. Must have been about 5+ threads "locked" so obviously people were on and could have gone above and beyond, such as Delphina just Locking and saying support, even though it was suggested already, and known the "StS Support" isn't available on the weekends.

I'm sure if one of them went out of their way a bit to help this person, they may not be quitting/leaving now.

Granted it was their own fault to begin with, but never hurts to put in the extra effort every now and then if the situation warrants it.

Just because someone was on watching forums does not mean they can or do have anything to do with support. I said it earlier and it applies still. EVERY time you change zones it tells you not to do what he did. Based on his level that would be nearly hundreds if not thousands of tea they were warned. If they couldn't go above and beyond in reading and understanding this simple rule why should they get helped by support before the people that had previously submitted tickets?

Sryyoulose
10-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Sorry that this happened to you, many people have promised riches before! And usually all they get is worse off then before. If you need money to be jump started I'll give you some. (Though I Do not have much just came out of retirement myself)

MightyMicah
10-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Hey guys, let's make fun of Bunnyshoota some more huh?

How much can we completely degrade him and make him feel like total crap? As if he doesn't feel bad enough having his entire game experience ruined to something he thought would be a great deal. Sure, it wasn't a wise decision, but that is no excuse at all to say the things you guys have said. Need I remind everyone that we are all human beings with feelings? I can't wait to get away from this once friendly loving community that turned sour.

@Bunny Don't quit man. You need a set? I can hook you up, though I don't have much to offer. I'll do all I can :-)

~MM

Sryyoulose
10-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Hey guys, let's make fun of Bunnyshoota some more huh?

How much can we completely degrade him and make him feel like total crap? As if he doesn't feel bad enough having his entire game experience ruined to something he thought would be a great deal. Sure, it wasn't a wise decision, but that is no excuse at all to say the things you guys have said. Need I remind everyone that we are all human beings with feelings? I can't wait to get away from this once friendly loving community that turned sour.

@Bunny Don't quit man. You need a set? I can hook you up, though I don't have much to offer. I'll do all I can :-)

~MM
See the 2 Micah's are smart, as in me and him. =p

BodMaster
10-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Just because someone was on watching forums does not mean they can or do have anything to do with support. I said it earlier and it applies still. EVERY time you change zones it tells you not to do what he did. Based on his level that would be nearly hundreds if not thousands of tea they were warned. If they couldn't go above and beyond in reading and understanding this simple rule why should they get helped by support before the people that had previously submitted tickets?

I understand that fully, still I've been a mod/admin for many gaming sites, I would at least PM them, and see what I could do to help.

Previously "No Support on Weekends" made sense, new up and coming company, now the amount of money that must go into these games/titles is outstanding, they should at least take the time to consider others or see them as their paying customers.

As Ely and such have said they have helped them over the weekend, so it's not "impossible".

Haven't you watched Heroes ;)

HunterSLAYER
10-02-2012, 12:11 PM
I understand that fully, still I've been a mod/admin for many gaming sites, I would at least PM them, and see what I could do to help.

Previously "No Support on Weekends" made sense, new up and coming company, now the amount of money that must go into these games/titles is outstanding, they should at least take the time to consider others or see them as their paying customers.

As Ely and such have said they have helped them over the weekend, so it's not "impossible".

I've only been a mod for Blizzard so far. ]I'm not really nice when it comes to fanboyism(only on sts forums).
But i'm really nice there(even when there's fanboyism) and the community is great and awesome.
They keep me alive and that's why i still am at lv 43 in Sl lol XD(Wow is so much better as compared to sts games-my opinion).

http://us.battle.net/en/

The best website EVER. XD

Kraze
10-02-2012, 05:27 PM

And they very may well have sent a pm but perhaps they were completing tickets that were submitted first?
This isn't Disneyland you shouldn't get a fast pass to support because you couldn't follow a simple rule

MightyMicah
10-02-2012, 05:50 PM
And they very may well have sent a pm but perhaps they were completing tickets that were submitted first?
This isn't Disneyland you shouldn't get a fast pass to support because you couldn't follow a simple rule

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/MightyMicah/6810ABEA-F52A-4635-A20F-42B644324331-8353-00000A9C6E83BECD.jpg

KingFu
10-02-2012, 06:30 PM
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/MightyMicah/6810ABEA-F52A-4635-A20F-42B644324331-8353-00000A9C6E83BECD.jpg

Not supporting stupidity and being a troll are two different things.

Elyseon
10-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Not supporting stupidity and being a troll are two different things.
trolling = Not supporting stupidity + more fun ;D