PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Should Arcane Catacombs drop bound Kraken and alternate Level 81 Arcanes?

Cinco
07-10-2023, 07:25 AM
POLL QUESTION

Level 81 Arcane Loot in Arcane Catacombs
Stash-friendly but not trade-friendly

In addition to LB badges and animated Titles, Vanity items and good gold we planned to offer stash-friendly (but not trade-friendly) Kraken and Kraken-equivalent gear.
This includes Kraken Armor and Helmets, and an array of Level 81 Arcane belts, rings, necklaces, artifacts and weapon loot with slightly different stats but same procs.

Several players complained about this and asked us to remove these rewards citing reasons:

If you need 'best gear' then why award bound 'best gear?' Players will just stash their Kraken stuff to run on their alts.
There's also the point that players who are trying to sell trade-friendly Kraken gears potentially will see less profit because buyers can loot equivalent stuff from Arcane Catacombs.

But...

On the other hand there are players that might really want another set of Kraken(equivalent) weapons, bound Kraken Armor and Helmet, and Arcane Accessories for their alts.

I could go either way on this so I'd like to know what you think.
So VOTE!
Poll will close in a couple of days.

Best wishes!!

Pushs
07-10-2023, 07:32 AM
I like it +1 from me

inflames33
07-10-2023, 07:33 AM
+1 would benefit hardcore players as well, people who can’t afford to buy plat every event just to get some good gears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drawfflerz
07-10-2023, 07:36 AM
+1 to non p2w player. but for bound at least make same stat and proc but only 3 slot awake.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

QuaseT
07-10-2023, 07:37 AM
+1 would benefit hardcore players as well, people who can’t afford to buy plat every event just to get some good gears.

I dont think hcs without full krakens (or even with full kraken) can farm the map regularly.

inflames33
07-10-2023, 07:37 AM
And if possible, please increase the loot rate for hc players . Ty :*

inflames33
07-10-2023, 07:39 AM
I dont think hcs without full krakens (or even with full kraken) can farm the map regularly.

Then, hi Cinco I know you would listen to me so please allow hc players to loot it in a map where there is less chance for us to Insta die [emoji24]

Rorraaa
07-10-2023, 07:40 AM
+1

Sent from my 22041216G using Tapatalk

Designer
07-10-2023, 07:40 AM
a big +1 with the cost of kraken will drop in price.
But all depends on how much drop rate of the bound kraken. my bet is (0.0001%). not asking for a hihg drop rate but decent enough to make our farming "beautiful"

glitory
07-10-2023, 07:42 AM
Huge +1 but hopefully would allow HC to farm properly and not get an insta death.

tnxs
07-10-2023, 07:46 AM
yes +1 drop arcane

Sent from my 21061110AG using Tapatalk

Delouis Ball
07-10-2023, 07:57 AM
I'm a Kraken user already.

I spent about 3bill on my gear.

I will still vote Yes, as it helps the community, and F2p Players.

I know this will probably get lost in the comments but sometimes when I’m home alone I like to go out in my garden and cover myself with dirt and pretend I’m a carrot.

Yxlo
07-10-2023, 08:03 AM
+1 for me, why say no to free arcane gear

Snooooow
07-10-2023, 08:06 AM
+1

SusAF
07-10-2023, 08:18 AM
+1 to it . Def needs .

Switchback
07-10-2023, 08:20 AM
I got a full Krak Set, let them drop.

Elitegoldwar
07-10-2023, 08:25 AM
Vote No -1,

flashio
07-10-2023, 08:26 AM
If we end up having lootable kraken items, please add a way to turno these items into different classes, i can already see the struggle of some players looting the sale gear over and over.

For those players not interested on these bound kraken items a good option would be adding a juicy liquidation price to these items so at least they serve as a gold inflow.

Another option would be turning these items into some kind of animated furniture, these items would keep their current desing but with some added effect (armor could have the eyes and tentacles move around).

Elitegoldwar
07-10-2023, 08:27 AM
I'm a Kraken user already.

I spent about 3bill on my gear.

I will still vote Yes, as it helps the community, and F2p Players.

I know this will probably get lost in the comments but sometimes when I’m home alone I like to go out in my garden and cover myself with dirt and pretend I’m a carrot.

how does this help f2p ? if they don't have gear to play there?

archerdrake
07-10-2023, 08:28 AM
+1 let them drop abundantly in catacombs ;)

QuaseT
07-10-2023, 08:31 AM
Guys keep in mind to actually vote on pc since poll isnt visable on mobile browser here.

inflames33
07-10-2023, 08:33 AM
Guys keep in mind to actually vote on pc since poll isnt visable on mobile browser here.

Oh didn’t know, thought typing +1 here works lol. Will do it from my pc [emoji23]

snakeeyes
07-10-2023, 09:06 AM
+1 for bound kraken drop

Stephencobear
07-10-2023, 09:19 AM
This poll makes no sense

The first option says I don’t have a full set & can use one piece. In another post you said this new map was for ppl with kraken sets, which is it?
Can the new map be run with a Zar set?

The first 2 “options” are the same thing btw

Also the last option makes no sense, if you already have the best gear, why would you sell that best gear & keep second best? How does second best bound gear affect the market? Do ppl imagine there are some who already have krak, but are so rich they are buying alt sets? That can’t be a large % of players.

Seems that no thought is given to the many who are running this game with sets that don’t cost hundreds of millions, & krak has been way too expensive for too long.
Not even voting

Kolpertis_333
07-10-2023, 09:19 AM
+1 having this benefits 95% of the comunity, the other 5% that are only looking for profit in this game are a high minority in this case should not be listened to

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

PoorCharlatan
07-10-2023, 09:22 AM
Since a lot of players seem to want gear to drop from catacombs and to address the difficulty scaling as well as inflation, why not do this:

1. Make catacombs have multiple levels or floors (like mausoleum) and each floor has a gold fee to access. As you go up floors, you get better and better loot and in turn, the difficulty gets higher and higher as well as gold cost. As for difficulty scaling, floor 1 could need a well coordinated team with decent to good awakes on their zaarus sets, then as you go higher and higher you'd need better gear.

2. For drops, low level floors could drop varying versions of zaarus sets like what cinco intended for kraken alternatives. The differences would be in stats (like one could have better dex than the other piece) ranging from slightly worse than normal, to better than normal. This way, players have a reason to grind the lower level floors (to be able to get better gear for higher floors).

3. As players approach the final floors, kraken gears start to drop (non-bound ). Similar to the zaarus sets, they would also have varying stats on them ranging from as good stats as the best zaar drops from the other floors to decently better than normal ones from crates. These kraken items should have a drop rate decent enough to keep players running the map and low enough to warrant the arcane rarity.

The reason for it being non-bound so that the less optimal gear can be sold once players loot a better stat one, and for people who spend plat to buy the absolute best gear from farmers who run the map.

inflames33
07-10-2023, 09:24 AM
+++1 go cinco go

GucciBang
07-10-2023, 09:28 AM
Voted

Enviado de meu SM-M526B usando o Tapatalk

Switchback
07-10-2023, 09:33 AM
This poll makes no sense

The first option says I don’t have a full set & can use one piece. In another post you said this new map was for ppl with kraken sets, which is it?
Can the new map be run with a Zar set?

The first 2 “options” are the same thing btw

Also the last option makes no sense, if you already have the best gear, why would you sell that best gear & keep second best? How does second best bound gear affect the market? Do ppl imagine there are some who already have krak, but are so rich they are buying alt sets? That can’t be a large % of players.

Seems that no thought is given to the many who are running this game with sets that don’t cost hundreds of millions, & krak has been way too expensive for too long.
Not even voting

First two options are not the same main and alts are very different.

People open locks( Pays the bills) for kraken items, see why that option is there? Good gear is good gear, and people sell their gear all the time..nothing crazy about the last option.

You also pretty much voted anyways.

Mythic gear is quite old dude, i have no reason to open locks or even play if we are just going to use a super cheap Zaarus set until expansion+(Also im pretty sure you should know how these things work, unless you haven't played the beginning and ends of expansions).

kwao-Al
07-10-2023, 09:36 AM
+1 Let them fall 🥱

rhuan
07-10-2023, 09:37 AM
+1 let them drop abundantly in catacombs 🔥🔥

Speuu
07-10-2023, 09:49 AM
this will be a good event for those who don't have opportunity to buy arcane items for level 81

Samuel25
07-10-2023, 09:50 AM
+1 que sea bueno el drop es hora de darle oportunidad a lanueva generacion de armarsen también que todos disfruten del juego

Thewolfbull
07-10-2023, 09:57 AM
Maybe in the future when next expansion is ready then do something like this, if you tank prices of kraken now what is the point of running this new map that requires kraken anyways. If it's gonna be the hardest dungeon it shouldn't be made easymode in first few weeks when everyone gets cheap kraken sets.

Kolpertis_333
07-10-2023, 10:12 AM
Hey, since you asked players if they want bound kraken to drop in new zodias catacombs and high majority of players are saying yes i have a question about it.

You said that map will be extremely difficult, that people without op gear won't really be able to do anything there, my question is doesnt that kinda beat the whole concept? I mean realistically if the map is so difficult then the players who need those bound gears the most wouldn't be able to even play it let alone loot them.

I like that idea a lot since it would be amazing to have something to grind that isnt gold, would appreciate a response, thank you.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

LichKing1
07-10-2023, 10:18 AM
they said its so u can have kraken gear on your alts, like if u r a rog, now u can have kraken for your mage and war alt without spending gold on them
anyway, last i saw is cinco saying they will remove that drop, but who knows, we will find out in 2days

Sent from my SM-G988N using Tapatalk

Banana king
07-10-2023, 10:42 AM
Bound krak sounds great

mamaubear
07-10-2023, 10:49 AM
Why not only rare tradeable recipe crafting with exciting material.
But give different with actual tradable kraken gear. like you said before, stat, bonus, etc.

droping bound kraken item is not help to player wanted to play there i think, but dropin recipe may make end player want to raid the new dungeon.

for the who vote "Yes! I don't have a full set of Arcane gears yet and I could use at least one piece." how about us, zaarus and spirit user? we can't event get in there, lol

Hercules
07-10-2023, 10:50 AM
I bought my kraken gear in 100m each piece, I'm not selfish and I have no problem that there is a bound. Everyone deserves to enjoy the game and give it a chance to feel good. I think it's a nice STS gesture And I am happy because I know that you have to save a lot of money to be able to acquire a single kraken piece. Go ahead with this idea. I only hope that there are more objects or things that can be obtained and sold from catacombs :D. I also look for profitability for myself.

Stephencobear
07-10-2023, 10:51 AM
First two options are not the same main and alts are very different.

People open locks( Pays the bills) for kraken items, see why that option is there? Good gear is good gear, and people sell their gear all the time..nothing crazy about the last option.

You also pretty much voted anyways.

Mythic gear is quite old dude, i have no reason to open locks or even play if we are just going to use a super cheap Zaarus set until expansion+(Also im pretty sure you should know how these things work, unless you haven't played the beginning and ends of expansions).

mains & alts are different? wow mind blown.
first two are yes with dif reasons that’s all i meant & opening locks has nothing to do with it unless you think ppl will vote no so they can support the game by opening locks (very unlikely).

i don’t see any significant % of players selling off best gear because they got a worse set for free.

mostly i want to know why dev said you need the best gear (krak) in order to play this map, then here they contradict that by saying - have no krak & could use ONE piece. if you don’t have one your not playing the map, right?

i don’t see bound gear affecting the market significantly.

this poll is framed in a bad way.
let’s all pretend to be real surprised when most ppl say yes gimme free stuff

Hercules
07-10-2023, 10:54 AM
mains & alts are different? wow mind blown.
first two are yes with dif reasons that’s all i meant & opening locks has nothing to do with it unless you think ppl will vote no so they can support the game by opening locks (very unlikely).

i don’t see any significant % of players selling off best gear because they got a worse set for free.

mostly i want to know why dev said you need the best gear (krak) in order to play this map, then here they contradict that by saying - have no krak & could use ONE piece. if you don’t have one your not playing the map, right?

i don’t see bound gear affecting the market significantly.

this poll is framed in a bad way.
let’s all pretend to be real surprised when most ppl say yes gimme free stuff

I think I understand the point of view, it should be played by those who have the zaarus set. That is the reason they can acquire their bound And improve your stats. We who already have Arcane gear don't urgently need bound. Maybe for those secondary accounts.

Conclusion: The new map shouldn't be that difficult for players with zaarus set. In the end, the bound kraken will serve them better.

Jdjd
07-10-2023, 11:01 AM
No bound kraken, give all the players the chance to loot kraken, as swamp temple was when he droped arcane gears for all. No point making them bound plus if expansion close we don t need them anymore.

intruders
07-10-2023, 11:07 AM
+1 for bound kraken drop but make it realistic, not like ancient antignome helm/belt which have 1/100,000 chance or something 😂

Price of tradable kraken should not be affected much as they have the best awakenings therefore the best in game.

GercimarBR
07-10-2023, 11:13 AM
+1, please put this, thank you from the heart, thank you for listening to us.

Savitar
07-10-2023, 11:15 AM
+1

Enviado de meu M2003J15SC usando o Tapatalk

Elec
07-10-2023, 11:24 AM
I see you point.
It won't hurt to have another kraken gear so I can reawaken the for speed or gl I guess.

Banawolf
07-10-2023, 11:24 AM
+1

Enviado de meu 2201117SG usando o Tapatalk

Nouts
07-10-2023, 12:46 PM
+1

Enviado de meu SM-A346M usando o Tapatalk

Longtao
07-10-2023, 12:54 PM
+1 to lesser krakens dropping in catacombs. Having extra krakens sound nice, and I can maybe go make a warrior without too much commitment!
and I see you mentioned "good gold" in the maps! which is nice change!!! :3 W sts
Ty for making us vote for this instead of just discussing with your own team sir cinco good move!

Pvonix
07-10-2023, 01:22 PM
+1

rogger
07-10-2023, 02:26 PM
+1 definitely good move, with expansion near the corner, bound version of lesser Kraken gears would help free player. Everyone deserves to enjoy the game.

I, myself, looted kraken armor from unlocked forgotten event in the other day, I don't have full sets yet, so I'm looking forward to get full sets from this.

Hopefully the drop rate would be good.

Ilove_Poopoo
07-10-2023, 02:44 PM
But...

On the other hand there are players that might really want another set of Kraken(equivalent) weapons, bound Kraken Armor and Helmet, and Arcane Accessories for their alts.

I could go either way on this so I'd like to know what you think.
258527[/CENTER]I could go either way as well. Can other classes loot Kraken equipment for other classes as well?

Jdjd
07-10-2023, 02:50 PM
No bound kraken, is the most annoying think. Please make it drop like rare loot from boss. This way newbie can get rich and those who already have kraken don t lose so much value. As arcane items drop from fly orrick. Make catacombs same, so the newcomers will have a chance loot kraken from boss.
And price will decrease over time, not like you buffed hp of rahab few days ago.

Kamiliaczek
07-10-2023, 04:25 PM
That's a very good idea, kraken set is a must have these days. That will be a really nice gesture and I am sure most of people complaining about the slots will forget about it :D Nevertheless to not stop people from opening the crates and not hurt those who spent many many hurs farming to get their first kraken you could think about to make bound krakens non awake friendly. That is only my point of view and I am curious what the others think about non awake friendly bound kraken items, so tell me what do you think about this idea.

EynSeren
07-10-2023, 05:00 PM
It hurts since I spent hundred of millions but still +1.

Although I prefer the bound ones to be non-awake or having 3 slots only. If not, it should be indeed lower in stats.

Shininami
07-10-2023, 07:13 PM
I'd vote for trade-friendly kraken gears to be looted.

Shininami
07-10-2023, 07:18 PM
Sorry, just realised the thread says stashable but not tradeable, then how does this help players like me who'd like to loot at least one piece (option 1)? As previous posts mentioned it seems like the difficulty of the dungeons would be too high for non-kraken players to run for

will0
07-10-2023, 08:02 PM
Bound kraken should have lesser awakes slot or lesser stats than those bought..

fadilahamal
07-10-2023, 08:09 PM
+1

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

GreyD
07-10-2023, 09:57 PM
+1

Sent from my LM-V500N using Tapatalk

Gionez
07-10-2023, 10:12 PM
+1 for me I only see a win here

mepu
07-10-2023, 11:01 PM
At least make it hard to get, so kraken user not getting upset after spend hundreds million gold to get kraken set if kraken now is easy to get, kraken set is an end game gear rn, should be have value til expansion

Sent from my vivo 1938 using Tapatalk

CYBERSHARK
07-11-2023, 12:16 AM
I'm agree, cuz alot of us play since long time ago but still can't afford it.
It's really hard to find kind person to carry a nab like us (not kraken user) because we're too weak :')

+1 STS <3

Lawnmower
07-11-2023, 01:02 AM
+1 Just a suggestion: Instead of getting random krakens as drops themselves, it would be better if we get tokens instead so we can buy the specific kraken items that we need the most from the token shop and also to avoid duplicates

Mine
07-11-2023, 01:25 AM
a big +1

Sent from my SM-A705F using Tapatalk

Susanne
07-11-2023, 03:12 AM
I don't understand. You can't run the catacombs unless you have the kraken, so you run to get something you already have but it's worse because your kraken gear has been awakened and the bound one is clean.
Is this a plan to get people to sell their kraken gear, whatever piece they get and replace it with the bound one? That's if they manage to get the piece they want. If for instance you're a rogue and need a mage item, the chances of looting something you don't want, like a warrior's item, will most likely be high, because that is what usually happens.
If you don't have kraken gear, you have nothing to do because you can't run the catacombs?
I think someone didn't think this through if they voted yes to this.
I'm not even voting, no way am I going into the loft and dusting down my pc to vote for something that comes across as a practical joke where the players are the victims.
You'll see, everyone will complain about the bad drops. At least it will take their minds from complaining about "other things".
I can't believe that this is happening to what was the best mobile game ever.
Maybe, I'm wrong and it all works out great and everyone is happy, I sincerely hope so. 🙂 I really do.

LichKing1
07-11-2023, 04:25 AM
I don't understand. You can't run the catacombs unless you have the kraken, so you run to get something you already have but it's worse because your kraken gear has been awakened and the bound one is clean.
Is this a plan to get people to sell their kraken gear, whatever piece they get and replace it with the bound one? That's if they manage to get the piece they want. If for instance you're a rogue and need a mage item, the chances of looting something you don't want, like a warrior's item, will most likely be high, because that is what usually happens.
If you don't have kraken gear, you have nothing to do because you can't run the catacombs?
I think someone didn't think this through if they voted yes to this.
I'm not even voting, no way am I going into the loft and dusting down my pc to vote for something that comes across as a practical joke where the players are the victims.
You'll see, everyone will complain about the bad drops. At least it will take their minds from complaining about "other things".
I can't believe that this is happening to what was the best mobile game ever.
Maybe, I'm wrong and it all works out great and everyone is happy, I sincerely hope so. [emoji846] I really do.i agree with everything except with the conspiracy theory of "high chance to loot smtng u dont want"
only parts that will go cheaper r kraken rings and clean helms, but gl i guess (no vote as im too lazy to open this on pc)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Voorge
07-11-2023, 04:46 AM
+1 cause why not

imfeared
07-11-2023, 04:46 AM
+1 sounds great and I am full kraken.
Possible to make them exchangeable through a vendor for gold to a different class?
Say my main is rogue full kraken but want to get my mage there. If I loot a rogue piece I could exchange it for a different class
A vendor to exchange armor and wep that was looted for say 5-10m
Other items for a few million a piece
Drain some gold and get some kraken pieces flowing
Either way yes make them lootable
Can't wait to see the catacombs!

talong
07-11-2023, 05:06 AM
if this new map requires kraken gears… RIP GG LOL

Tolonges
07-11-2023, 05:50 AM
sounds good but surely those who will get that bound arcs are those who have full kraks also. f2p uses myth sets only might hard to do that catacomb

Sent from my CPH2325 using Tapatalk

Yum
07-11-2023, 05:55 AM
+1 for arc gears drops

Sent from my 2201117SG using Tapatalk

Blood Lover
07-11-2023, 06:48 AM
Bad idea tbh, especially since it’s ‘the hardest content in the game’.. made for people who already have the best gear. People who actually need the kraken gear probably can’t or can barely run this map (unless you guys lied and actually made it easy to run). Conclusion is that you’ll just be giving away kraken gear to the people who can already afford it instead of the players who cannot afford it and actually need it.

- Dwoobers

EDIT: perhaps you could make the kraken gear available for some sort of tokens, this way people can get at least some pieces. This would be better than making kraken gear a rng drop.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Jiubara
07-11-2023, 06:52 AM
Just dont!
Not fair for those who spend a ton of gold/plat for there kraken just so they end up free, if theyll be added like that (free to drop) id like a refund of all my plat since kraken has been released.

takotako
07-11-2023, 07:28 AM
Idk man.. im only a zaar user myself but this is just too good for the game imo, i say no to bound kraken even if they have slighty nerfed stats like whats even the point? You already have kraken why make a bound one with a slightly worse stat than the original? I think its better to just make a whole new different set that can be looted in catacombs, i just cant help but think this would do too much good for the game, its just too good.. makes me think that making kraken especially its op proc was a curse, its op enough that it created a division among players and a very high gap at that, it was a significant jump from zaarus...

Dont make all kraken items have lootable bound versions, maybe just the accessories (ring, belt, necklace, artifact)

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

Cbse
07-11-2023, 08:17 AM
+1 let them drop

Sent from my RMX3360 using Tapatalk

gianthills
07-11-2023, 08:27 AM
it would be cool if you could collect shards and from them go assembling the kraken set like it was in the glintstone expansion. putting items to drop directly with very low chances is not fair and unfortunate imo. Pls make the grind worthy [emoji120]

Enviado de meu moto g(8) usando o Tapatalk

Farmisthevibe
07-11-2023, 09:22 AM
it would be cool if you could collect shards and from them go assembling the kraken set like it was in the glintstone expansion. putting items to drop directly with very low chances is not fair and unfortunate imo. Pls make the grind worthy [emoji120]

Enviado de meu moto g(8) usando o Tapatalk

+1 make them grind for it🫠

Jdjd
07-11-2023, 09:42 AM
Why now you ask players about how zodias catacombs need to be? Do your work,players can change the way you change th game. This is first time when devs post a poll to ask players how a map should be. You don t need our advice. Do what you did with kraken when he first appeared, or with lv 81 map. I don t think you asked players how esunken should be, or how aquaris should proc, hyperos etc, etc. Don t let us decide how game should be. Did before level 81 expansion was a poll when players decided if aquaris should proc 3x dmg or hm he proc?

Willyoulovemeplz
07-11-2023, 09:43 AM
I'd rather have the ask for our opinion then play a stupid event

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

DiorDrypp
07-11-2023, 09:57 AM
Well, it‘s good for the people who don‘t have kraken gears, but in the other side it‘s bad to the people who spent tons of gold or bought many plats. It would be really unfair.

caabarader
07-11-2023, 10:02 AM
Well, it‘s good for the people who don‘t have kraken gears, but in the other side it‘s bad to the people who spent tons of gold or bought many plats. It would be really unfair.People without kraken gears arent suposed to farm there.
But once get the weapon/armor it may work to play there and get the rest of set.
It shouldn't hurt the price of kraken alot, people who loot them are people who already have kraken, its bound also, remember that gears is clean, awaken may rise.
Also we don't know the drop rate of them, and i'm sure its not too common.

Enviado de meu SM-A037M usando o Tapatalk

Ivanex
07-11-2023, 10:11 AM
+1 love to have those stashable friendly KRAKEN Items

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Cinco
07-11-2023, 11:42 AM
Thanks to everyone who voted and commented!

Decision is made and the "Arcane Catacombs" preview can be found here (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?705141-Preview-Adventure-to-the-Zodias-Catacombs!-A-Season-long-Arcane-Adventure!).

Best wishes!