PDA

View Full Version : Adapting... pvp through the years

Protank
09-30-2012, 06:49 PM
I been gone a while but anybody who remembers me knows ima die hard pvp'r.
I been here since pvp was released in pl. intbears, founders, plat packs, gcd, ect.
So I just got back into pl and of course all I want to do is play my lv 10-51 twinks right?
What I'm realizing is at these levels u really need the op unforgotten bow to be efficient except at 51 and up it doesn't seem to matter as much..

I guess my question is... at the unforgotten lvls (10-40something), has there been a class/ lvl that if your a great player, u can still have a 10/1 kdr Or even a 5/1 ???

Zapoke
09-30-2012, 06:52 PM
In short, nope. Forgottens or no kills. :)

WarTornBird
09-30-2012, 07:09 PM

Don't listen to this. You'll be fine without it. If your truly die hard. You'll be fine without the bow. Only time I ever used that bow was against warbirds with 60 dodge to my 30. All I'm saying is its only got like a 10m range, other weapons do have 13m ranges.
Ive gotten maybe 4 kills with the forgotten bow I'd say about 500 kills : 4 kills is a good ratio

Zapoke
09-30-2012, 07:12 PM

Don't listen to this. You'll be fine without it. If your truly die hard. You'll be fine without the bow. Only time I ever used that bow was against warbirds with 60 dodge to my 30. All I'm saying is its only got like a 10m range, other weapons do have 13m ranges.
Ive gotten maybe 4 kills with the forgotten bow I'd say about 500 kills : 4 kills is a good ratio

Hah, he said pre-50... No one can get over 20 base dodge pre-50.. After you hit 50, FB's don't matter.

WarTornBird
09-30-2012, 07:22 PM
Thought he said 51. My bad moving on. Listen to zap I'm wrong.

MightyMicah
09-30-2012, 07:24 PM
I been gone a while but anybody who remembers me knows ima die hard pvp'r.
I been here since pvp was released in pl. intbears, founders, plat packs, gcd, ect.
So I just got back into pl and of course all I want to do is play my lv 10-51 twinks right?
What I'm realizing is at these levels u really need the op unforgotten bow to be efficient except at 51 and up it doesn't seem to matter as much..

I guess my question is... at the unforgotten lvls (10-40something), has there been a class/ lvl that if your a great player, u can still have a 10/1 kdr Or even a 5/1 ???

Welcome back! Forgotten dominates. 5/1 and 10/1 was always hard to do but with forgotten I'd say its an impossibility. The only successful alternative I've found to forgotten bows is (ironically) forgotten staffs. I just grabbed me a 35 voodoo bird with the staff.

Yich
10-01-2012, 11:12 AM
I made a thread showing that F bows arent very OP at high levels but are wicked op at low level. You should check it out in general discussion.

Protank
10-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Sorry for the confusion my op was a lil here and there and not specific.

My real question is... At lvl 10 - 50, with every player using a forgotten bow, is there a class and lvl that dominate the pvp seen against other with this bow. Like pre fb, dexbears were very easy to dominate others lvl 10-20, Mages lvl 17-50. Birds 20-50. What's the deal now that everybody has a bow.

Ps. Warturnbird, I know what your saying I still do well with the xbow range weaps but when it's 3 verse me I like the forgotten.

Anyway is there a dominate lvl/class using these unforgottens?

Zapoke
10-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Sorry for the confusion my op was a lil here and there and not specific.

My real question is... At lvl 10 - 50, with every player using a forgotten bow, is there a class and lvl that dominate the pvp seen against other with this bow. Like pre fb, dexbears were very easy to dominate others lvl 10-20, Mages lvl 17-50. Birds 20-50. What's the deal now that everybody has a bow.

Ps. Warturnbird, I know what your saying I still do well with the xbow range weaps but when it's 3 verse me I like the forgotten.

Anyway is there a dominate lvl/class using these unforgottens?

10-15: bear
17-? : bird
? - 30 : ?
30-50 : Mage/Bird (Whichever you're better with)

That's what I've seen so far.

Hadesofshadow
10-01-2012, 07:33 PM
play voodoo mage and kill everybody? not hard