PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Filter game names

setec
04-21-2010, 05:52 PM
We filter chat but not game name's (as far as I can tell).

Anyway, I'm a grown boy but if you have some 10 year old playing this, I don't think they need to see this:

http://www.the-innercircle.com/setec/pl/screenshots/notforthekids.png

I understand that this is the internet and you can't block everything. But can you imagine a 10 year old boy/girl showing this game to their parents, scrolling through the game names and then coming across something like that? The parent will just think PL is filthy not the person who created the game name.

Just a thought.

Chacaz
04-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Haha dude... The kids doing this ARE the 10 year old's...

Splurd
04-21-2010, 08:25 PM
A few days ago I met a player called trousersnake. I lol-ed

maxvegas
04-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Haha dude... The kids doing this ARE the 10 year old's...

lol yeah it's tottaly a kid ,but setec is right ... i find it funny but it's wrong and could lead to way more offensive titles..racisme..and so on

setec
04-21-2010, 08:32 PM
And does Spacetime Studios want to have to put a 17+ warning on the iTunes App after someone complains to Apple? Just saying. :)

maxvegas
04-21-2010, 08:35 PM
lol cut the biz by half ... i dont think so XP

Deathshock
04-21-2010, 08:41 PM
To be quite honest I don't see it as a major issue. But it still does need to be address. People think its funny to be retarded, so let them be retarded.

Splurd
04-21-2010, 08:46 PM
well, how much filtering is going to happen?

cock is not exactly a bad word. The avian is a cock, I can cock my eye brow, I can cock a handgun and I can cock a bow.

Cock-a-doodle-do!

What needs to be done is to find out the user name and ban or warn them.

Deathshock
04-21-2010, 08:48 PM
well, how much filtering is going to happen?

cock is not exactly a bad word. The avian is a cock, I can cock my eye brow, I can cock a handgun and I can cock a bow.

Cock-a-doodle-do!

What needs to be done is to find out the user name and ban or warn them.

I can cock my cock. Oh wait hmm....

Chacaz
04-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Think first... How can they solve this issue? By banning EVERYONE with just a bad word on their name...? Think as if you were part of SpaceTime studios... all you guys do is ask and ask without thinking because it is a hard way to address it.

Maybe a report a player section on the forum...?

setec
04-21-2010, 09:18 PM
I'm not talking about banning anyone. I'm talking about a filter with some keywords that prohibits you from creating a game with prohibited words. Sort of the way that the filter works to block words in chat (if you have it turned on).

And how are we asking without thinking? Thinking of a suggestion but maybe not having the solution does not preclude the fact that there was thinking in the first place. You suggest that if a forum user suggests something but doesn't have all the answers that the user was not thinking?

As to your suggestion of a report a player on the forum, I think public reporting specifically by name should be steered away from. A report function within the game that goes to SS directly where they have access to the logs is much better than calling someone out on a public forum, which would only lead to problems.