PDA

View Full Version : Bound Arcane Weapons

Ploid
07-15-2023, 06:40 AM
Hi,

Catacombs was just released and it seems really popular (so far). It also brings bound Arcane Gears which i think is a great addition to the Game.

But as this is a permanent addition, looting a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th of the same weapon doesn't serve any purpose at all.

Wouldn't it be great if we could combine these bound weapons to upgrade them for additional stats? Would be cool if we could do this infinitely, but each upgrades only slightly increases the stats. So there won't be a big difference between someone who has upgraded their gear a hundred times or haven't upgraded at all. But the difference should be somewhat noticeable.

Cinco
07-15-2023, 10:31 AM
Hi,

Catacombs was just released and it seems really popular (so far). It also brings bound Arcane Gears which i think is a great addition to the Game.

But as this is a permanent addition, looting a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th of the same weapon doesn't serve any purpose at all.

Wouldn't it be great if we could combine these bound weapons to upgrade them for additional stats? Would be cool if we could do this infinitely, but each upgrades only slightly increases the stats. So there won't be a big difference between someone who has upgraded their gear a hundred times or haven't upgraded at all. But the difference should be somewhat noticeable.

They’re already OP so this would cause some major issues with balance in the current content and likely trivialize the 86 content as well.

I see what you mean with respect to their utility otherwise and will consider if we have bandwidth to develop some option to craft / deconstruct them into more usable items.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legolasn
07-15-2023, 11:01 AM
They’re already OP so this would cause some major issues with balance in the current content and likely trivialize the 86 content as well.

I see what you mean with respect to their utility otherwise and will consider if we have bandwidth to develop some option to craft / deconstruct them into more usable items.

Thanks!

Kind of random but, would it be possible you guys post the description of each mechanubis item? Since they bound those who dont have em got no chance to see whats the difference from normal krakens..stats or proc.

Roguemaybe
07-15-2023, 11:59 AM
Kind of random but, would it be possible you guys post the description of each mechanubis item? Since they bound those who dont have em got no chance to see whats the difference from normal krakens..stats or proc.+1

I mean this is the only one I saw. Just a note I think they placed it in auc before the patch update.

Lower reflect DMG, but with 10% ms for this item.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230715/c45897644d709db49768a09e2d4cd94c.jpg

Sent from my 2201116SG using Tapatalk

jadetim0629
07-15-2023, 09:53 PM
Or make it so the boss would drop currency instead of the bound arcane item and player could use the currency to buy bound arcane item of their choice.

Ploid
07-15-2023, 10:07 PM

Thanks!

I haven't used them yet so I am not really sure how strong they are.

But I guess the best option would be to make them weaker than the kraken weapons, but with the potential of being far stronger with enough upgrades. I love that the Arcane Weapons are finally loot-able, but I don't want them to get redundant and players losing interest in them which causes devs to never do anything like this again.

Kinda like spirit weapons, but loot-based instead of grinding XP for hours.

takotako
07-15-2023, 11:48 PM
I haven't used them yet so I am not really sure how strong they are.

But I guess the best option would be to make them weaker than the kraken weapons, but with the potential of being far stronger with enough upgrades. I love that the Arcane Weapons are finally loot-able, but I don't want them to get redundant and players losing interest in them which causes devs to never do anything like this again.

Kinda like spirit weapons, but loot-based instead of grinding XP for hours.Can u send a screenshot what they look like? Im assuming they look like the mechanubis vanity.. (sorry if this was stupid lol)

Sent from my SM-A235F using Tapatalk

Blessful
07-16-2023, 03:55 AM

Thanks!

Breaking down bound gears into bound power jewels or legendary materials to craft those vanities would be nice.

imfeared
07-16-2023, 04:37 AM
@cinco consider a vendor where you could exchange your bound arcane for another bound arcane. Same item ex wep for wep, helm for helm but have to pay a fee and possibly a craft time to do so. Maybe 5m-10m for the exchange.

Jdjd
07-16-2023, 04:50 AM
So currently the best time of catacombs are 1m 20s. So they can do 55 runs per hour. If each loot 2-3 kraken per hour, what they are gonna do with them? Plus making them breaking down, it will upset the other players. Those who vote the poll, all of them was end game players and they want keep the value of their weapon, but hey expansion is close, so of course the gears will lose value. After you dominate the erahabar with your gear, looting billions of gold each day, please accept the drop in price of your gear

vitokapagetz
07-16-2023, 07:55 AM
No need to make weaker mech bound krakens ,
Lowering the drop chances of those items will be a better choice.

@Cinco

Sent from my 2201116TI using Tapatalk

Ploid
07-17-2023, 12:12 AM
No need to make weaker mech bound krakens ,
Lowering the drop chances of those items will be a better choice.

@Cinco

Sent from my 2201116TI using Tapatalk

I don't think so. Lowering the drop rate hurts the players who actually need these items to play the game.

Even with lower drop rates, what are you gonna do with 5 of the same items in you inventory?