PDA

View Full Version : Will the future SL-client work on my old HTC?

Cephei
10-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Hey guys.

I just read about this new client that will be released soon.
My question is:
Will it Run on my Htc Desire?
It has Android 2.2.2 but im Not sure about the processor and stuff. I dont want to buy a new phone because im saving money for a new laptop.

Maybe a dev or some experts can answer my question :)

-regards :p

HunterSLAYER
10-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Hey guys.

I just read about this new client that will be released soon.
My question is:
Will it Run on my Htc Desire?
It has Android 2.2.2 but im Not sure about the processor and stuff. I dont want to buy a new phone because im saving money for a new laptop.

Maybe a dev or some experts can answer my question :)

-regards :p

HTC Desire ____???
There are quite a no. of HTC Desire phones manufactured by HTC.
If you would be a little bit more specific(as to the phone Model in the Desire series) i could tell u whether your phone is supported or not ^^

Cephei
10-01-2012, 03:02 PM
The first desire.
The simply called htc desire.
I would've said htc desire s etc if i would have one.

HunterSLAYER
10-01-2012, 03:23 PM
The first desire.
The simply called htc desire.
I would've said htc desire s etc if i would have one.

That's a really old phone.
However, the good news is that your HTC Desire is using an Armv7 rev 2 Processor (v71)(Qualcomm QSD8250 Snapdragon) and OpenGLES 2.0 so it would be able to run the new Sl Client ^^.

Cephei
10-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Wow thank you very much :)

Thread can be closed.

Traosabara
10-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Where did you hear about an SL client update?

BodMaster
10-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Where did you hear about an SL client update?

StS Announcement's maybe ;)

www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?70041-Keeping-Pace-with-Technology-%96-Updates-to-the-Spacetime-Engine&p=798667#post798667

Rittik
10-02-2012, 09:07 AM
if this continues it means i cant play SL too? fk these games then seriously..I can play SL only (PL boaring) on my armv6 now if the update client to only armv7 ..it will stop access to many players..please sts dont do that

Rik[Rittik]

BodMaster
10-02-2012, 09:17 AM
if this continues it means i cant play SL too? fk these games then seriously..I can play SL only (PL boaring) on my armv6 now if the update client to only armv7 ..it will stop access to many players..please sts dont do that

Rik[Rittik]

Already been decided buddy ):

Arm-v7 will be for all StS games, as they will be upgrading their Game Engine.

Corpser
10-02-2012, 10:14 AM
why i have seen way better graphics working on my ipod 2g examples being dead space 2 (crashing but still) brothers in arms has decent graphics and cod zombies WAW i can understand that this move allows them to do more with less restrictions but still it's supposed to be a casual mobile game not a hard core 3rd person shooter >.<

the amount of potential customers being lost because of this move will be astounding >.< i know alot of game devs lost me when they made similar moves (my ipod doesn't work on there games)

i just don't know what to think about this aside from.....it's time for an upgrade anyway >.<

bronislav84
10-02-2012, 10:15 AM
I think this means curtains for STS games on my old My Touch 4G as well? Is it a 6 or a 7? Anybody with specs know?

BodMaster
10-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Here's a reliable list if interested; forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1596800

I think this means curtains for STS games on my old My Touch 4G as well? Is it a 6 or a 7? Anybody with specs know?

HTC Glacier = Arm-v7

bronislav84
10-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Thank you for confirming that Bod!

So they're phasing out *really* old devices, not ones that are 2 years old.

Mitchturbo
10-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Yeah ones that are hard to find in the shops these days cause they are ancient ;-)
We are talking about 3 years + and basic range of smartphones. I would Imagine.

BodMaster
10-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Yeah ones that are hard to find in the shops these days cause they are ancient ;-)
We are talking about 3 years + and basic range of smartphones. I would Imagine.

Added the list above bud, go check out the Arm-v6 devices. (Never heard of the Arm-v5 devices xD)

Walkhardd
10-02-2012, 02:02 PM
why i have seen way better graphics working on my ipod 2g examples being dead space 2 (crashing but still) brothers in arms has decent graphics and cod zombies WAW i can understand that this move allows them to do more with less restrictions but still it's supposed to be a casual mobile game not a hard core 3rd person shooter >.<

the amount of potential customers being lost because of this move will be astounding >.< i know alot of game devs lost me when they made similar moves (my ipod doesn't work on there games)

i just don't know what to think about this aside from.....it's time for an upgrade anyway >.<

I'm just guessing that if your phone is too old to run the games, you're probably not supporting sts financially anyway.

bronislav84
10-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Bod if you see this, your PM box is full. Been trying to send you a PM. :(

BodMaster
10-02-2012, 02:32 PM

Thanks Bron, I not long cleared it :(

Will do now buddy.

Deathpunch
10-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Heck, you have to have some old creaky device if just 2.2 is required. I haven't seen a froyo device in forever. All y'all moaning about it, scrape up $200 and go get a nexus 7. You're welcome.

-----
*insert witty tapatalk sig here*

HunterSLAYER
10-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Heck, you have to have some old creaky device if just 2.2 is required. I haven't seen a froyo device in forever. All y'all moaning about it, scrape up $200 and go get a nexus 7. You're welcome.

-----

I have a few phones that are still using Gb lol.
the rest are either on ICS or Jb. XD

2.2 was eons ago.

BodMaster
10-02-2012, 04:58 PM
What you l talking about?? It was all about the 2.3.5 - Most useless update.. EVER!

bronislav84
10-02-2012, 05:08 PM

-----

I have a few phones that are still using Gb lol.
the rest are either on ICS or Jb. XD

2.2 was eons ago.What he said. Yogurt is eons ago. My Touch 4G never got further than GB, either. Still partly migrating, but I'll probably root it when I'm done. Watch me brick it, heh.

Thanks Bron, I not long cleared it :(

Will do now buddy.Still being told you're full. :(

bronislav84
10-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Double post....

BodMaster
10-02-2012, 05:13 PM
It's pretty hard to brick a phone, as long as you know what you are doing, and the content is Compatible.