PDA

View Full Version : Will i be able to play AL?

dbkwarrior
10-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Hi all,
So im asking this, will i be able to play AL on my Xperia X8?
Thank you :)

Commanderkeen
10-01-2012, 06:19 PM
If your device can run DL your probably safe.

BodMaster
10-01-2012, 06:30 PM
As long as it has higher specs than below thread, your good (;

New Client coming soon; www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?70041-Keeping-Pace-with-Technology-%96-Updates-to-the-Spacetime-Engine&p=798667#post798667

Believe Xperia x8 stock = Armv6

Meaning no.

LvlCap
10-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Can i play on iphone 4s?

Reddwing
10-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Can i play on iphone 4s?
Most likely, almost a certain yes.

BodMaster
10-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Can i play on iphone 4s?

iPhone 4s = Arm-v7

So yup your good.

iPhone and iPhone 3G will not.

iPod 1st and 2nd Gen will not.

HunterSLAYER
10-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Hi all,
So im asking this, will i be able to play AL on my Xperia X8?
Thank you :)

Sadly, your phone can't run Al as its using an Armv6 processor.
Al's min.requirement is Armv7 processors and above.

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Sryyoulose
10-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Bummer, a lot of good players are still stuck on iPod 2nd gen :(

Jcyee
10-01-2012, 11:53 PM
all this tech talk is really confusing lol. so eventually the original ipad will become outdated? but its ok for now? cuz i can run pl and dl fine on it

dbkwarrior
10-02-2012, 04:46 AM
I've heard that all Android users can play.. Ah nvm then, ty all for replys :)

HunterSLAYER
10-02-2012, 04:56 AM
You can always play on Chrome :D
or if you have money to spare, get an ipod, Galaxy player or a cheap armv7 phone :>

dbkwarrior
10-02-2012, 05:02 AM
You can always play on Chrome :D
or if you have money to spare, get an ipod, Galaxy player or a cheap armv7 phone :>

Yeah :) I'll probably play on Galaxy...

BodMaster
10-02-2012, 08:25 AM
all this tech talk is really confusing lol. so eventually the original ipad will become outdated? but its ok for now? cuz i can run pl and dl fine on it

All can atm, but when the new Client is released, the games will stop working on the devices that are Arm-v6.

@Jycee; Compatibility list; www.developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/LanguagesUtilities/Conceptual/iTunesConnect_Guide/B_DeviceCompatibilityMatrix/DeviceCompatibilityMatrix.html

There is a way to change Arm-v6 - Arm-v7 if rooted, but its not that easy, if not Tech Savvy.

HunterSLAYER
10-02-2012, 11:31 PM
All can atm, but when the new Client is released, the games will stop working on the devices that are Arm-v6.

@Jycee; Compatibility list; www.developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/LanguagesUtilities/Conceptual/iTunesConnect_Guide/B_DeviceCompatibilityMatrix/DeviceCompatibilityMatrix.html

There is a way to change Arm-v6 - Arm-v7 if rooted, but its not that easy, if not Tech Savvy.

Nope. If sts used a new engine with their new client, only way to get the new game client to run is to rewrite parts of the code(that is part of the new game engine in the new game client) to include additional "stuff" to make it compatible with Armv6 devices.(Infraction if i explained so...u know.)

Tesxtures will also have to be downscaled and resolution fixed so that the phone would be able to run the new client properly and you'll have to do this with every client update/patch.

Besides, modifying game clients is against the TOS so the best way would be to get a new Android/newer idevice.

BodMaster
10-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Bod confuzzled?

Peeps on Xda, worked out how to change their Arm-v6 devices into Arm-v7. (Certain models)

I'd never recommend messing with StS coding itself :p

HunterSLAYER
10-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Bod confuzzled?

Peeps on Xda, worked out how to change their Arm-v6 devices into Arm-v7. (Certain models)

I'd never recommend messing with StS coding itself :p

My point here is that the Arm architecture for Armv6 and Armv7 processors is totally different.

If your device doesn't have the hardware, merely changing the processor would not make a huge difference as ur device's motherboard is not made to support ur modified Armv7 processor and "things" might happen.

Unless they changed to a new motherboard(but you know, motherboards for mobile devices are way more expensive than pcs.)

Rittik
10-03-2012, 11:11 AM
My point here is that the Arm architecture for Armv6 and Armv7 processors is totally different.

If your device doesn't have the hardware, merely changing the processor would not make a huge difference as ur device's motherboard is not made to support ur modified Armv7 processor and "things" might happen.

Unless they changed to a new motherboard(but you know, motherboards for mobile devices are way more expensive than pcs.)

Ok am whispering out hereeeee
I tried changing game textures and all png files downscaled from apk..tried rewritting engine using java..did above all said for DL
Rooted changed build.prop
Changed phone model name in build.prop from GT-S5570(galaxy mini) To HTC DESIRE S
then Changed Arm version in build.prop to arm-v7
Just changed buil.prop kinda the xda way..its not possible to change hardware...

well still after like a month of work..DL didnt run in my mini..so nah only arm-v7 original devices can run AL 100% sure

Rik[Rittik]