PDA

View Full Version : What's the purpose of trees in forest fight?

wvhills
10-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Ok, I was playing some level 56 Pvp earlier. There were 2 on one team and none on the other so I joined the one with none. As soon as I spawned the trash talk started. One was saying I was a noob, he didn't need help beating me etc. I didn't say anything. Eventually the other guy left and it was me and the trash talker. We both said go and I beat him. He said it was because I had a forgotten bow so I changed it a custom recurve. He beat me the next time. One the third I ran behind a tree to miss his beckon and killed him easy. He didn't realize what happened. He thought I dodged his beckon stomp and hell scream. The second time he figured it out and said it was dirty to hide behind trees. So I did it again and beat him once or twice more. He then said he was going to call his friends in to team me since I was fighting dirty.

In dl Pvp u use the environment for ur advantage. I was just wondering what the trees are for if u can't hide behind them without someone wanting to call people in to team?

Btw, the guy wasn't all bad. Between trash talks he did say Gf and go.
I'm just a Pvp noob and am not sure what the ins and outs are

Sryyoulose
10-01-2012, 09:26 PM
This is what some people call tree hugging, based on your situation killing him anyway he would've complained. I do not BELEIVE in nature loving in 1v1 situations when your rushed or in FFA it's acceptable though some people will be really mad at you.

Noodleleg
10-01-2012, 09:38 PM
I'm Eco friendly and I hug trees... By the way, I'm actually very good at it with mages lol.

MightyMicah
10-01-2012, 09:50 PM
I consider it something that shouldn't really be done in 1v1. On the other hand, 1v1 has changed a lot. I got to the point where it's impossible to please everyone with how you fight in ffa or 1v1. So just make some friends and do whatever the crap you want xD

Sryyoulose
10-01-2012, 09:58 PM
I consider it something that shouldn't really be done in 1v1. On the other hand, 1v1 has changed a lot. I got to the point where it's impossible to please everyone with how you fight in ffa or 1v1. So just make some friends and do whatever the crap you want xD

In other words rush everyone until they are really annoyed at you...
Jk love you bro :)

Yich
10-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Ye I think tree hugging in a called 1v1 is like weapon switching midfight. You have the option to do it, but it's really annoying and a bit unfair. Imagine what would happen if the other guy tree hugged. I dont so much mind wall hugging though, as it is different in a way. With tree hugging, you teleport randomly and while on your screen, your opponent is behind the tree, on their's, they are pwning you and you aren't even using your skills. This isn't the same with wall hugging, at least I think.

Sryyoulose
10-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Ye I think tree hugging in a called 1v1 is like weapon switching midfight. You have the option to do it, but it's really annoying and a bit unfair. Imagine what would happen if the other guy tree hugged. I dont so much mind wall hugging though, as it is different in a way. With tree hugging, you teleport randomly and while on your screen, your opponent is behind the tree, on their's, they are pwning you and you aren't even using your skills. This isn't the same with wall hugging, at least I think.
Weapon switching is less annoying then free hugging and even acceptable at some levels and classes, tree hugging is a general no no in a "fair fight" I'd put it on the same level as regen running.

wvhills
10-01-2012, 10:22 PM

I thought it just blocked their skills. Are u saying that it causes lag or glitches? If so, then I can see where that isn't fair. Doesn't the other guy have the same chance to use the environment tho? Why are the trees even there if they're not to be used? Or is ok to use them just not when it's 1 vs 1?

Yich
10-01-2012, 10:29 PM
I thought it just blocked their skills. Are u saying that it causes lag or glitches? If so, then I can see where that isn't fair. Doesn't the other guy have the same chance to use the environment tho? Why are the trees even there if they're not to be used? Or is ok to use them just not when it's 1 vs 1?

From my personal experience, when I play against tree hugging bears, I see them use beckon and it will appear to have not worked, so I dont use my skills. Then I randomly get teleported and my health goes down instantly, with my ping only slightly affected, if at all. That's why I dont use trees and I ask others not to in a fair 1v1. Next question, yes, the other player CAN also use trees to their advantage, but if you get two tree huggers 1v1ing, you will most likely reach a stalemate, and they will have to agree to not hug the trees. I just save time and dont tree hug, and if someone does in a fair 1v1, rather than hide behind a tree, wait for them to see that it's a stalemate and agree to not tree hug, I'll invite a friend and 2v1 them until they decide not to tree hug.

razerfingers
10-01-2012, 10:35 PM
I see what yich was saying in ctf when people like he said wall hug. They bekon i see nothing on my screen then somehow i teleport to other side and am dead its weird as hell. But i try hug when i rush its not bad ;)

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Piosidon
10-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Tree hugging isn't cheap, it's smart

Hadesofshadow
10-02-2012, 02:15 AM
rush everybody

even the people 5 levels higher

MightyMicah
10-02-2012, 08:07 AM
In other words rush everyone until they are really annoyed at you...
Jk love you bro :)

Haha xD nah man I don't like people to be annoyed t me...But it seems I'm an annoy-magnet.

Yich
10-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Tree hugging isn't cheap, it's smart

In ffa its smart. In a 1v1 its cheap. Read my posts, I explained why.

Ephesius
10-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Whenu ur getting teamed by noobs then you go behind trees. best way to beat teamers

Yich
10-02-2012, 11:26 AM
Whenu ur getting teamed by noobs then you go behind trees. best way to beat teamers

Definitely. Or invite a friend.

WarTornBird
10-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Only point at which I use a tree is for kids that are 5 levels higher. Being a pure bird its near impossible otherwise. The element of suprise does wonders against cocky kids who are 2 level caps ahead.

Zerious
10-02-2012, 11:54 PM
If i'm in an FFA with idiots who think they're good or getting teamed/rushed, then yes, I hug trees like they were my mom. But a 1v1 "go" shouldn't involve trees imo, but i never complain when my opponents do it, just like kiting or juking, because i can always do it right back :eagerness:

Mothwing
10-03-2012, 12:16 AM
I think it's fine. It's annoying, yes, but it's smart. It involves strategy, therefore I like it.

Rot
10-03-2012, 05:16 AM
To test your patience. :)

Spectre
10-03-2012, 05:48 AM
Hugging trees is cheap in my opinion. Takes no skill to kill someone with using a tree... i don't respect people who does that :D

Yich
10-03-2012, 10:51 AM
If i'm in an FFA with idiots who think they're good or getting teamed/rushed, then yes, I hug trees like they were my mom. But a 1v1 "go" shouldn't involve trees imo, but i never complain when my opponents do it, just like kiting or juking, because i can always do it right back :eagerness:

2 people tree hugging isnt a 1v1. Its a mutual love for pixelated wildlife.

CrimsonTider
10-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Allow me to clear this topic up.

When STS provides us with dogs as vanity pets, the trees will provide a place for them to go to the bathroom. Case closed. :)

Zerious
10-05-2012, 12:33 AM
2 people tree hugging isnt a 1v1. Its a mutual love for pixelated wildlife.

when two people hug a tree, common sense should be raging at you not to attempt any combat....