PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about proc and awaks?

Tekila
07-18-2023, 11:11 PM
I pointed this issue many times but I feel like I’m the only one who think this way.
Im wondering what do you think about it.

First, the actual procs are broken and overpowered so the game difficulty spiked according to them when what should have been done was the opposite. Millions damage on proc and barely 10k dmg on skills maybe some op rogues and mage can go to 100k on an attack but I assume that the average is 10k like the dps. That is the wall the newcomers and not well geared players encounter once they get to lvl 81 if they manage to get there. To adapt with them the mobs and boss HP got an incredible spike. That creates an inimaginable gap between leg gear and mythic+ ones, with no proc your skills make no damage and that’s sad because it means you play only your gear and not your character so your skills build damage output doesn’t really matter it should just be about choosing the skills that first make you proc your gear then buf yoursel and debuff the enemy so your overpowered proc does the job for you.

Second, the awakening system is totally broken and not really satisfying, the stat% is just overpowered, same goes to the boss damage, elite damage, crit damage. It makes your damage scale expentionaly and the way to get them is not a linear progression because it’s totally random. Moreover yeah the elite awaks gem stuff is good for their business but for real it’s just unfair that plat bought items give a so big advantage on « luck ». So yeah you feel the gap between 4% and 8% stats on your gear and it’s a mess.

So the impacts are:
- The game is all about your gear, there is no more real skill to have to play you just need the gear, the one that procs and the one with op awaks, to play and run on everything. (That’s what we call broken): this one led the devs to be angry about how easy was elite portals for kraken users and the answer to it was neglecting the non kraken users cause it really is about only damage and the only significant damage you can deal is about procs.
- The game is boring without kraken gear I would never play this game again without this gear because I see how broken it is and how the game adapted to it and not the opposite: completing the zodias map is just a pain, using skills to kill a mob takes 1 min when you know that kraken gear does the entire map in 1 min and this same mob in second. (It’s broken)
- there is no more real option but being carried when you are not well geared even if you are in a pt a single person with kraken gear would just outrun you by miles cause of procs: the gear under mythic is useless because procs are mandatory to make a decent run (3-5 min) in small map like esunk.
- the way the game is supplied of gear and awaks make it « pay to win » because you can just buy the most powerfull gear in game with your credit card by buying plat and gambling or doing safe trades. That’s killing the vibe of building again. Anyway since everything is tradable that’s something you can’t avoid but the difference of power of the gear with procs and awaks and those with lesser or none one makes it really P2W. (Broken)
- I will add that not only stats% awak or damage % awak are broken but all awaks that have % in it because they just make you so powerful such as gold loot and move speed.

Those are reasons why the game is not newbie friendly at all aswell and not that « fun » for me at least I miss the old time AL.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

inflames33
07-18-2023, 11:19 PM
🫡

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LichKing1
07-19-2023, 01:53 AM
its not newbie friendly cuz they cant instantly have the best gear? game is still playable even with cheap zaar and u always have to work hard to get somewhere, in any MMO
its been p2w since ever, doesnt mean u cant be f2p, my first year in 2012-2013 i didnt even get the runic gun and it took me atleast 2 years to save up for vili set (had to farm lockeds all day long) and now a friend that joined the game during winter alrdy has 2.5k full kraken, gl and speed setup
the game is much more newbie friendly (if we disregard the new slots issue...), many might not know what to do or how to play but just ask some experienced player and its gonna go pretty fast

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

nemusoa
07-19-2023, 03:11 AM
Make proc like before, stacked. but...with condition.

1. lastest cap (last 5 level) gear with proc have 50% less effective effect to current cap or until it don't proc anymore in the next level cap dungeon and vice versa. but the proc effect still fully effective on their l dungeon.
2. current game is about proc, i remember las cap (76) when we proc our gear, our skill still effective to mobs and boss. make proc mechanic like before.
3. if you still want to this kind of proc let this proc stay on "set" gear (you also have to complete the set too to use the proc system like that).

Skeleton Mike
07-19-2023, 07:37 AM
I pointed this issue many times but I feel like I’m the only one who think this way

Many people does too, we all just got tired of developers ignoring or simply not acknowledging the growing problem that these types of procs are.

Maybe the next expansion will wake up the majority of players when they find out that their kraken gear won't be enough to scratch enemies lol

Oakmaiden
07-19-2023, 12:43 PM
It’s becoming quite circular... can’t play without best gear, can’t get best gear without play. I think it’s called a Mexican standoff. Nobody’s going anywhere.

Switchback
07-19-2023, 12:56 PM
Procs and Awakes are a big reason the game kept my interest since they came in 2017.

Farm events, sell your vanity, buy some gear. Put in a plan to increase your strength. Use elixirs.

The Term 'New Player' is quite subjective, and i find it overused as a counterargument. If you try you will gain traction, better do it before expansion comes and they move the best gold loot there. gl