PDA

View Full Version : Why is rushing an issue?

Subscriber
10-02-2012, 04:20 AM
Enlighten me.

Lowlyspy
10-02-2012, 04:29 AM
Because kids.

Cahaun
10-02-2012, 04:34 AM
Because kids.
This sums it all up

Subscriber
10-02-2012, 04:50 AM
This sums it all up

Hmm, I am a kid? Pfff, not all kids rush.

Or are you referring to when they complain/cry/whine?

KnightSkye
10-02-2012, 05:14 AM
This is my personal opinion, but I'm open to all other opinions as well.
I do not appreciate being rushed nor do I rush others, unless they rush me first (or I'm feeling particularly evil in a friendly match XD)
Usually it's because I feel the rusher had an advantage in being buffed and/or element of suprise.

HunterSLAYER
10-02-2012, 05:26 AM
There's nothing wrong with rushing.
As the name pvp suggests, you're up against other players and your objective is to kill them faster than they can kill you XD

Subscriber
10-02-2012, 05:33 AM
There's nothing wrong with rushing.
As the name pvp suggests, you're up against other players and your objective is to kill them faster than they can kill you XD

I love you.

Rot
10-02-2012, 05:38 AM
Immature players rage when they get rushed, they thought PvP was all about 'Go!'.
Rushing was never an issue, it's just less experienced players whining.

Cahaun
10-02-2012, 05:47 AM
This sums it all up

Hmm, I am a kid? Pfff, not all kids rush.

Or are you referring to when they complain/cry/whine?
The ones that whine and moan when they die, and the ones that rush and bully others but run away when they know someone is better.

Subscriber
10-02-2012, 05:55 AM
The ones that whine and moan when they die, and the ones that rush and bully others but run away when they know someone is better.

I agree.

Subscriber
10-02-2012, 05:55 AM
Immature players rage when they get rushed, they thought PvP was all about 'Go!'.

Indeed, this is true.

ImCookie
10-02-2012, 06:25 AM
I love you.

So you cheat on me? :-(

Yich
10-02-2012, 06:32 AM
A big reason people do say go is because it's more fair. In low level, I've used and had used against me numerous "cut-throat" tactics, and I see different ones at endgame. One is midfight leaving. If everyone just stopped saying go and we descended into PvP anarchy, people would do this all the time. Oh, Im losing the fight or I dont have buffs? Ill just leave so my opponent doesnt get a kill and score, Im going to get a death anyway. Next is tree hugging, which is almost ok in ffa. When a bear with beckon hides behind a tree, it's almost a guaranteed death trap for the other guy. When the bear beckons and starts spamming slashes and stomps, a lot of the time the other player wont even have it showing on their screen until they are dead, so it looks like they teleport. Yet another, more common in low level because of beckon not existing, is midfight weapon switching. Some players use 3rd party software to do this, and its much harder for chrome users to do it fairly than it is for touch device users. For this reason, it is unfair for a called 1v1. It really isnt hard to just find an FFA game, but if you want to try to force FFA onto others, make sure you have friends.

Subscriber
10-02-2012, 06:45 AM
So you cheat on me? :-(

You have Jhun.. :-(

Subscriber
10-02-2012, 06:46 AM
A big reason people do say go is because it's more fair. In low level, I've used and had used against me numerous "cut-throat" tactics, and I see different ones at endgame. One is midfight leaving. If everyone just stopped saying go and we descended into PvP anarchy, people would do this all the time. Oh, Im losing the fight or I dont have buffs? Ill just leave so my opponent doesnt get a kill and score, Im going to get a death anyway. Next is tree hugging, which is almost ok in ffa. When a bear with beckon hides behind a tree, it's almost a guaranteed death trap for the other guy. When the bear beckons and starts spamming slashes and stomps, a lot of the time the other player wont even have it showing on their screen until they are dead, so it looks like they teleport. Yet another, more common in low level because of beckon not existing, is midfight weapon switching. Some players use 3rd party software to do this, and its much harder for chrome users to do it fairly than it is for touch device users. For this reason, it is unfair for a called 1v1. It really isnt hard to just find an FFA game, but if you want to try to force FFA onto others, make sure you have friends.

I know all that, I PvP.

I get 3v1'd daily.

lilgangster
10-02-2012, 06:50 AM
In the original pvp video for PL, it was FFA i believe? Plz correct me if im wrong.

Subscriber
10-02-2012, 06:56 AM
In the original pvp video for PL, it was FFA i believe? Plz correct me if im wrong.

That's how it should be, lets bring it back.

Waug
10-02-2012, 07:37 AM
That's how it should be, lets bring it back.

There is a term called - 'Evolution'

XghostzX
10-02-2012, 07:47 AM
Sub, I must say yours threads make me laugh.

My opinion on the matter?

<3Rushing<3

MightyMicah
10-02-2012, 08:04 AM
Rushing is an issue because the community made it one. It shouldn't be, but it is. Hopefully one day enough people will "rush" that no one will care anymore.

KnightSkye
10-02-2012, 08:08 AM

It's sad, cause that video makes PvP look fun compared to what it seems to be today :/

Walkhardd
10-02-2012, 08:15 AM
Just play the way you want to play. If some pimple faced pre-teen, calling you a noob makes you upset, that's your problem.

xkoolwillx
10-02-2012, 08:19 AM

It's sad, cause that video makes PvP look fun compared to what it seems to be today :/
This is so true. The video looks so much fun. And on the matter, ruhsing is not a problem its just that people dont seem to like it because they "It's Unfair" wich in my opinion it's not.

Ephesius
10-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Rushing is a fair 1v1 teaming is for noobs

CrimsonTider
10-02-2012, 08:45 AM
FFA would be much smoother if games were programmed in the same manner as Halo/CoD/etc. If the match had to be full before the game began, then it would be understood that once you spawn, you kill. If someone leaves, you kill (or leave.) New players should not be allowed to enter until a new game starts, nor should the player who left be allowed to rejoin. This would help with two well known issues:

1. Players entering matches which are already in progress, rushing, killing, then leaving. The surprise/fully buffed factor is taken out.

2. This allows all players to enter the game on the same readiness level, and with an understanding that spawning means "go".

3. Rusher's (the ones who leave in mid attack, no skill, bad intention individuals) cannot just bounce from game to game to improve their kdr. Learn to play the correct way or don't play.

I don't PvP a lot in PL because of all the inconsistencies. I ONLY PvP in Halo because I know what is expected/will happen each time I enter a game. I understand spawning means "gogogogogo!" I understand if my team leaves and I am 8v1/4v1/whatever, then I need to either leave or step my game up. For instance, just last night I was in a map of 8v8. Within 2 min, I was all alone. I knew I had two options: kill or leave. I knew I couldn't win but I wanted to see how I would do. Came out of that game with 32 kills/28 deaths and had a ton of fun playing "ninja".

Just a few thoughts.

wvhills
10-02-2012, 09:38 AM
FFA would be much smoother if games were programmed in the same manner as Halo/CoD/etc. If the match had to be full before the game began, then it would be understood that once you spawn, you kill. If someone leaves, you kill (or leave.) New players should not be allowed to enter until a new game starts, nor should the player who left be allowed to rejoin. This would help with two well known issues:

1. Players entering matches which are already in progress, rushing, killing, then leaving. The surprise/fully buffed factor is taken out.

2. This allows all players to enter the game on the same readiness level, and with an understanding that spawning means "go".

3. Rusher's (the ones who leave in mid attack, no skill, bad intention individuals) cannot just bounce from game to game to improve their kdr. Learn to play the correct way or don't play.

I don't PvP a lot in PL because of all the inconsistencies. I ONLY PvP in Halo because I know what is expected/will happen each time I enter a game. I understand spawning means "gogogogogo!" I understand if my team leaves and I am 8v1/4v1/whatever, then I need to either leave or step my game up. For instance, just last night I was in a map of 8v8. Within 2 min, I was all alone. I knew I had two options: kill or leave. I knew I couldn't win but I wanted to see how I would do. Came out of that game with 32 kills/28 deaths and had a ton of fun playing "ninja".

Just a few thoughts.

many of these ideas are implemented in DL. +1

Yich
10-02-2012, 10:36 AM

Just a few thoughts.

When H4 comes out, get it and add "Deslroy102" and "Destroy102" on XBL. Lol.

CrimsonTider
10-02-2012, 10:39 AM
When H4 comes out, get it and add "Deslroy102" and "Destroy102" on XBL. Lol.

Why? So I can equip a rocket launcher and one-shot-kill-you and here how it took "no skill"? No thanks.

razerfingers
10-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Why? So I can equip a rocket launcher and one-shot-kill-you and here how it took "no skill"? No thanks.

Lmao sorry to go off topic but crim i actually was doing that in bf3 yesterday afternoon in the canals. I got tired of newbs with shotguns so i used a rocket launcher! I got from 17-25 kills. Sometimes the launcher only kills halfway if you dont hit them directly so had to use acwr but i had fun trolling!

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Yich
10-02-2012, 11:00 AM

Pfffftttt, like I'll let you get to the rocket launcher first...

Ephesius
10-02-2012, 11:03 AM

Just a few thoughts.

yea I don't see that working out. Waiting to pvp is already a problem in dark legends. Not everyone's patient enough to wait for a full partty to pvp

CrimsonTider
10-02-2012, 01:42 PM
yea I don't see that working out. Waiting to pvp is already a problem in dark legends. Not everyone's patient enough to wait for a full partty to pvp

First I've heard someone dislikes this part of DL pvp. Maybe you're one of the "rush and leave" peeps.

Cahaun
10-02-2012, 02:11 PM

Lmao sorry to go off topic but crim i actually was doing that in bf3 yesterday afternoon in the canals. I got tired of newbs with shotguns so i used a rocket launcher! I got from 17-25 kills. Sometimes the launcher only kills halfway if you dont hit them directly so had to use acwr but i had fun trolling!

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.
Lol! I never really liked the shotguns killing me though some can be hard to use. The best way to use the rocket launcher is to get way up on a building and shoot at people. It maximizes the damage and I got a lot of kills that way when I was a Noob in Battlefield 3 :p

P.s. What's your IGN and platform?

P.s.s. You were wondering if premium was worth the price in my BF3 thread so you want me to bring it back up or pm you my thoughts?

Subscriber
10-02-2012, 04:57 PM
Sub, I must say yours threads make me laugh.

My opinion on the matter?

<3Rushing<3

Plain and simple is the way to go unless you want more just ask, just want to see what other people think. (:

Rushing makes you better too. o.O

Subscriber
10-02-2012, 04:58 PM

Just a few thoughts.

I like the idea, well thought out, many have suggested stuff like this though. P: ^+1

Zerious
10-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Wait... Rushing's an issue? O.o

Rushorgtfo
10-03-2012, 12:12 AM
history of rushing

Twinks lvl 19 started the "go" thing cause there low levels and I guess it'd make some sorta since to say go seeing as tho you can die from one - two skills

Noob twinks eventually leveled up to level cap spreading the "go" thing. Guilds implemented causeing the "go nazi's" to form teaming groups to kill all "rushers"

Old players/well knowledges players of the game don't want a ruin k/d from being teamed by these "go nazi's" so they follow along

So I say screw you nazi's ^.^ and I will kill everyone in pvp on the opposite side of my team regardless of my relation to you through friendship or anything else. If you choose to take it as an insult its not my fault your sensitive. It's a video game they created a 1v1 map for a reason. Go 1v1 there cause that's all saying go is. The map is literally generalized as THREE VS THREE OR FIVE VS FIVE there is no free for all game mode so stop asking if its FFA or not. It's made for 3v3 so play 3v3 or go sit in town or be killed by me and rage and punch your pillow. You pick. It's a video game. Play it.

Superduper
10-03-2012, 12:14 AM
Got 3v1 rushed today by some noobs, nuked em all at the same time. Rushing is just annoying and it goes against formalities that have been established since the beginning of the game.

Nick41324
10-03-2012, 12:15 AM
Enlighten me.
Imma rush yew

Rushorgtfo
10-03-2012, 12:18 AM
Got 3v1 rushed today by some noobs, nuked em all at the same time. Rushing is just annoying and it goes against formalities that have been established since the beginning of the game.

Your a moron. Plan and simple. I've spoken with many players who have played since the beginning of the game and rushing and "go" was not a formality that was established since the game started. Noobs like you created the rushing thing, quit pvp if you don't like it or I will rush the shiz out of you.

Tired of noobs like you acting like a religious extremist against rushing. Gtfo the game.

HunterSLAYER
10-03-2012, 01:00 AM
Lol! I never really liked the shotguns killing me though some can be hard to use. The best way to use the rocket launcher is to get way up on a building and shoot at people. It maximizes the damage and I got a lot of kills that way when I was a Noob in Battlefield 3 :p

P.s. What's your IGN and platform?

P.s.s. You were wondering if premium was worth the price in my BF3 thread so you want me to bring it back up or pm you my thoughts?

Bf 3's maps are really big.
It takes forever to get from one to the other end of the map.

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

ninjaduck
10-03-2012, 01:06 AM
I only rush people, its much too fun not to.

lilgangster
10-03-2012, 01:16 AM

Sry but i started playing in jan. 2011 n they "rushing" didnt exist even thn for awhile...

Subscriber
10-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Your a moron. Plan and simple. I've spoken with many players who have played since the beginning of the game and rushing and "go" was not a formality that was established since the game started. Noobs like you created the rushing thing, quit pvp if you don't like it or I will rush the shiz out of you.

Tired of noobs like you acting like a religious extremist against rushing. Gtfo the game.

Yeee<3.

Rot
10-03-2012, 02:28 AM
Rushing isn't a crime. I have nothing against rushers, but I hate those who gang up, farm kills off someone they don't know, then boast about how pro they are.

MightyMicah
10-03-2012, 08:38 AM
All I know is, I was raised in the sewer age. All the "pros" at that time taught me that saying go was the way things went. Although nine times out of ten we would declare "FFA" and just duke it out. My theory for why people started "rushing" is because everyone got so caught in their kdr's that no one wanted a FFA anymore. Now the only FFA's I play are the result of someone's rush. Haven't had a friendly based FFA in a long, long time.

CrimsonTider
10-03-2012, 08:47 AM

I'm tired of "morons" and "noobs" who cannot express themselves in a manner other than sounding like idiots.

Yich
10-03-2012, 08:55 AM

You're*

Elyseon
10-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Let me answer your question by asking you this: why is flushing an issue?

Griffinfan
10-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Isnt rushing how PvP is designed to be?

Ephesius
10-03-2012, 10:17 AM
ha look at these ppl talking like they are good. Im the king of pvp at all lvls. Enough said

CrimsonTider
10-03-2012, 10:28 AM
ha look at these ppl talking like they are good. Im the king of pvp at all lvls. Enough said

Please, remind us all who you are again. I have somehow managed to have never heard your name mentioned.

Covert
10-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Please, remind us all who you are again. I have somehow managed to have never heard your name mentioned.

u never heard of ephesius?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Brave Sir Robin
10-03-2012, 10:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk48xRzuNvA

Covert
10-03-2012, 10:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk48xRzuNvA

it all makes sense now

Walkhardd
10-03-2012, 10:50 AM
history of rushing

Twinks lvl 19 started the "go" thing cause there low levels and I guess it'd make some sorta since to say go seeing as tho you can die from one - two skills

Noob twinks eventually leveled up to level cap spreading the "go" thing. Guilds implemented causeing the "go nazi's" to form teaming groups to kill all "rushers"

Old players/well knowledges players of the game don't want a ruin k/d from being teamed by these "go nazi's" so they follow along

So I say screw you nazi's ^.^ and I will kill everyone in pvp on the opposite side of my team regardless of my relation to you through friendship or anything else. If you choose to take it as an insult its not my fault your sensitive. It's a video game they created a 1v1 map for a reason. Go 1v1 there cause that's all saying go is. The map is literally generalized as THREE VS THREE OR FIVE VS FIVE there is no free for all game mode so stop asking if its FFA or not. It's made for 3v3 so play 3v3 or go sit in town or be killed by me and rage and punch your pillow. You pick. It's a video game. Play it.

If you kill my cute little toon without any prior notification, we will no longer be virtual friends.

Ppl like you are the reason my pillow is now half as fluffy! :'(

Sryyoulose
10-03-2012, 11:14 AM
I didn't read all the posts... I got lazy half way through.
However, my take on things is rushing is fine, FFA is better, and nature loving is cool to.
What I don't like is 3v1 while 2 players on the same team sit by because the other team is friends or there just scared.
Spawning, hate spawners.
Mean trash talk when rushed
And all around complaining.

When I fight and I notice somebodys good at something, such as corner hugging I compliment them because I realize I'm not as good at it, why hate? Make friends rush each other and don't think your better then everyone and pvp is the best thing in the world!

pvpman
10-03-2012, 02:12 PM
if you kill my cute little toon without any prior notification, we will no longer be virtual friends.

Ppl like you are the reason my pillow is now half as fluffy! :'(

lmao lmao....pillow only half fluffy lmao

azefekie
10-03-2012, 04:17 PM
lol he is one of those, along with vochr who changed his name too cannotbetamed. always killing then running out of pvp or ctf. lol no skill
First I've heard someone dislikes this part of DL pvp. Maybe you're one of the "rush and leave" peeps.

Reunegade
10-03-2012, 05:09 PM
So who came up with the term rushing? Can't we call it "ahhhhesbuffingomgomgomgokhesattackingmeimmabuffnow nooooidiednowimgonnakillhim" Personally I don't really care about rushing. PvP is PvP no matter how you play it. The thing that bothers me is trash talking. When I rush, 99.99999999999% of the time someone just has to come and say "Why the **** did you rush me you noob" So ummmmm yeah in like 100 yrs. everyone will be a rusher, and nobody will trash talk...

Subscriber
10-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Sounds good. ^+1

But not 100 years.

Reunegade
10-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Fine, like 2 :) When the lvl cap is 100.

Subscriber
10-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Fine, like 2 :) When the lvl cap is 100.

Aiight sounds better.

Zerious
10-05-2012, 12:37 AM
history of rushing

actually didn't start until level 19s became lvl 20s. Before, you'd have 'go matches' to see who was the better twink because both twinks in question were notably superior to the other average pvpers. but yeah, point taken.

Entertaining
10-06-2012, 12:50 AM
becuz wushing hewts peeplez feelingz

OverkillED
10-09-2012, 02:35 AM
I have a thread about some ideas that can be implemented to fix PvP in the PvP section of the forums. :D

I believe rushing is an issue because people who believe this game is built on 1 vs 1 and wants to see who is the superior twink. I also believe this is because the PvP games don't require much teamwork. People aren't mature enough to accept defeat.

Loaden
10-09-2012, 04:28 AM
If you want a 1v1 Go make a duel in the desert map.
Here's the thing. Have you realised that in dark legends, there is no such things as go?
Most of them team, or "rush"
i get the feeling that dark legends is an example of the "real pvp"
As jop(famous rusher in leaderboards) said,"This was how pvp was meant to be"
I get the feeling a lot that through much evolution in pocket legends, it has involved into a more "civilized place" Where Good People>Bad people
a place where law exist.
I myself, think that all maps should be ffa, I don't get why Ctf matches are Always ffa and tdm are not.
I'm afraid eventually, PvP will be a place where people are always whining about rushing.

PvP was meant to rush. Deal with it.

If it was not made for "rushing" It shouldn't be called Players vs Players. Just whiners vs whiners.

Disclaimer: This is only my point of view so do not feel offended if you disagree.

Ubernewber
10-10-2012, 05:11 AM
It's all in what they say after they rush :P

Ubernewber
10-10-2012, 05:20 AM
Also if they rush in a group with other rushers :/

elismar
10-13-2012, 01:50 PM
I dont think the problem is rushers. A ffa sometimes is always funny :) but there is no respect in those ffa and get teamed 3vs1 instead of someone switch to make a fair fight. This kind of player is more boring than a rusher

MightyMicah
10-13-2012, 08:15 PM
I dont think the problem is rushers. A ffa sometimes is always funny :) but there is no respect in those ffa and get teamed 3vs1 instead of someone switch to make a fair fight. This kind of player is more boring than a rusher

I don't even think anyone has heard something so simply stated yet so wise before. There was a time when people wanted to swap teams to make it fair and improve their talent by facing "pros" or harder opponents. That time has passed. Now it's about who rushes, who doesn't rush, who's a threat, and who's not a threat. The fun and skill of it has long since passed.

Swords
10-13-2012, 08:19 PM
People rush for reasons like:
Want kills
Want revenge
Think u a noob
Think u cant do nothing
is a bully
etc..

Reunegade
10-13-2012, 08:22 PM
PvP is made for a reason. Kill the enemy faster than they kill you. If you get all sensitive, there's a reason that the ignore button is there. Yeah, you can say go, but what fun of it is in that? You're just wasting your time in which you could've demolished the other team.

Walkhardd
10-13-2012, 08:24 PM
People rush for reasons like:
Want kills
Want revenge
Think u a noob
Think u cant do nothing
is a bully
etc..

You forgot..

-Likes fast paced pvp
-can't sit around waiting for fights due to time constraints
-gets pleasure being called a noob kid from noob kids.

I have more but that whole time constraints thing...

Swords
10-13-2012, 08:33 PM
You forgot..

-Likes fast paced pvp
-can't sit around waiting for fights due to time constraints
-gets pleasure being called a noob kid from noob kids.

I have more but that whole time constraints thing...

Thats why i added the Etc.. in the end just cause its a whole long list :)

modalex
10-16-2012, 01:20 AM
rushing isn't bad its just indecent and maybe sometimes people want to have a god fight!

vampinoy
10-16-2012, 04:45 AM
That's because many players in this game are newbies of PVP in general. They have their own way of interpreting the combat and this is what we get. PVP has been in existence for decades not limited to MMORPGs and this is not how PvP is interpreted. If rushing was such an indecent thing to do, how would you explain games like Starcraft, DOTA, Warcraft, and other PVP-centric games? They're no different, it's still PvP, and being able to attack someone first puts the other player in a disadvantageous position, so "rushing" is part of the strategy in those games but nobody's calling it foul...in fact, in many rpg's there are classes that has skills that involve killing other players behind their backs (rogues, thieves, assassins, etc.).

I wonder what these players in PL would feel if they get backstabbed to death by a stealthed player??? Come over to WoW or Guildwars 2, this is what I'll do, I'll sneak up behind you sltealthed...slash your back twice and poison you, then I will run away as far as I can and watch you hit air like a madman and slowly die by the poison...if you happen to survive after the poison wears off, I'll simply put up my stealth once again and slash your neck from behind :D

Maybe hop in a Starcraft game and someone "zerg rushes" you in minutes giving you no time to prepare, maybe join a DOTA game and someone uses Vengeful Spirit's "Nether Swap" (switch position with targeted hero) so he can switch position with you and voila you're right next to his teammates ready to team on you helpless while he teleport away to safety using another teleport skill (blink dagger), or in a typical FPS MMORPG other players try to snipe you without warning, etc....so many more games that would show you that rushing, teaming, or backstabbing is part of PvP. That's my observation, the game is being run by newbies of PvP in general, less competitive, more excuses, more talk, less action...this is the only game with a PvP Arena where I can stand for minutes without dying while I'm within striking distance from an opponent...the culture is simply not matured enough to take on competitive gameplay, too emotional because of lack in overall experience of majority of PvP'ers.

Jewelsofjane
10-17-2012, 11:58 AM
I'm tired of "morons" and "noobs" who cannot express themselves in a manner other than sounding like idiots.
Thus, we have all learned from crimson that if you have nothing interesting to say then correct their grammar or their manner of language. Thank you crimson... I will now do as you and post useless comments to instigate an argument.

On topic: There is no such thing as rushing.

Walkhardd
10-17-2012, 12:44 PM
That's because many players in this game are newbies of PVP in general. They have their own way of interpreting the combat and this is what we get. PVP has been in existence for decades not limited to MMORPGs and this is not how PvP is interpreted. If rushing was such an indecent thing to do, how would you explain games like Starcraft, DOTA, Warcraft, and other PVP-centric games? They're no different, it's still PvP, and being able to attack someone first puts the other player in a disadvantageous position, so "rushing" is part of the strategy in those games but nobody's calling it foul...in fact, in many rpg's there are classes that has skills that involve killing other players behind their backs (rogues, thieves, assassins, etc.).

I wonder what these players in PL would feel if they get backstabbed to death by a stealthed player??? Come over to WoW or Guildwars 2, this is what I'll do, I'll sneak up behind you sltealthed...slash your back twice and poison you, then I will run away as far as I can and watch you hit air like a madman and slowly die by the poison...if you happen to survive after the poison wears off, I'll simply put up my stealth once again and slash your neck from behind :D

Maybe hop in a Starcraft game and someone "zerg rushes" you in minutes giving you no time to prepare, maybe join a DOTA game and someone uses Vengeful Spirit's "Nether Swap" (switch position with targeted hero) so he can switch position with you and voila you're right next to his teammates ready to team on you helpless while he teleport away to safety using another teleport skill (blink dagger), or in a typical FPS MMORPG other players try to snipe you without warning, etc....so many more games that would show you that rushing, teaming, or backstabbing is part of PvP. That's my observation, the game is being run by newbies of PvP in general, less competitive, more excuses, more talk, less action...this is the only game with a PvP Arena where I can stand for minutes without dying while I'm within striking distance from an opponent...the culture is simply not matured enough to take on competitive gameplay, too emotional because of lack in overall experience of majority of PvP'ers.

BOOM!

what I've been saying since I started pvp here. (In less words ofc) :)

Register
10-18-2012, 07:42 AM
I don't know what do say on this....
But,
People on both sides of this "argument" are very biased.

Maybe this is why I don't enjoy coming on the forums anymore.

Writing
10-22-2012, 06:56 PM
The main thing about pvp is killing why do people care if you rush is there rushing in call of duty no so why is there rushing in pvp I KNOw it's a whole different story with call of duty and pvp on PL but the objective of pvp is killing I rush so what! People get mad when people rush and that's not a reason to get mad for because your supposed to kill them before they kill you!:D there's a explanation

Subscriber
04-19-2013, 08:57 PM
Bring it back now y'all.

I was never satisfied, enlighten me some more.

CrimsonTider
04-19-2013, 09:07 PM

Just a few thoughts.

Nothing has changed from my stance. Since I have been PvPing more lately, this has only been strengthened. FFA IS a lot more fun than the "go" style, but only when set in place. And I think I've witnessed more of this than in the past. In the past, when someone said "FFA! GO!", most everyone said "nah." Now, it seems when it is said, everyone goes into beast-mode.

This subject will always come down to personal preference though.

Subscriber
04-19-2013, 09:10 PM
Nothing has changed from my stance. Since I have been PvPing more lately, this has only been strengthened. FFA IS a lot more fun than the "go" style, but only when set in place. And I think I've witnessed more of this than in the past. In the past, when someone said "FFA! GO!", most everyone said "nah." Now, it seems when it is said, everyone goes into beast-mode.

This subject will always come down to personal preference though.

Well now, aside from back then it seems a bit more relaxed, in my own opinion. When someone says "FFA" I just buff up and go for it aha, then 1-2 games later we'll have a little ffa going. It's fun.

I agree that it will be someone's own opinion but the reason I necroed my own thread is to see people's stance on rusbing as of now.

Delphina
04-19-2013, 10:00 PM
I'll keep this thread open for now. Please keep from flaming in it. Thanks!

XghostzX
04-19-2013, 10:37 PM
It's all about perspective, sub. :)

You will be enlightened when you can find your own perspective on it. The players will give you all the feedback you want, but it's you that decides whether you like it or not.

Subscriber
04-19-2013, 11:00 PM
It's all about perspective, sub. :)

You will be enlightened when you can find your own perspective on it. The players will give you all the feedback you want, but it's you that decides whether you like it or not.

I just want to see the difference now, sorry if you did not want to see this again.

Oh, and thank you Delphy.

XghostzX
04-19-2013, 11:08 PM
I just want to see the difference now, sorry if you did not want to see this again.

Nono, don't be sorry haha. You wanted to be enlightened, so I was trying to help I guess :D

Subscriber
04-19-2013, 11:22 PM
Nono, don't be sorry haha. You wanted to be enlightened, so I was trying to help I guess :D

Well, you're a nun.

Anyways yeah, we'll just see if people changed and adapted.

D-:
04-20-2013, 10:06 AM
Well, you're a nun.

Anyways yeah, we'll just see if people changed and adapted.

I laughed pretty hard at this.

CrimsonTider
04-20-2013, 10:06 AM

Just a few thoughts.

You can thank moi for requesting it stay open. ;)

I-am-Fogue
04-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Well said sir well said...

Also some people should learn lessons in losing appropriately when me and others team them :) check the other thread (best 13-20 birds) rot ;)
Gf

- Fogue

Spyce
04-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Kids these days..
I rage quit my 17 bear today because of rushers.

Caiahar
04-20-2013, 02:18 PM
Stupid go system. In endgame, There are many FFA matches, and most of time its friendly FFA (from what i hear). FFA is far more fun.
Go system should be only for testing builds..

On the other hand, in most lvls under endgame, FFA is not friendly. Swearing, hating, and ppl call SPawn killing FFA. They start to rage and stuff.
In twinking, even if you shoot off a drain, blast shot, or a beckon at someone without FFA being called, they start to rage like crazy and start swearing and cursing. They start to rush and spawn kill several times even after one measly auto.

Subscriber
04-20-2013, 02:34 PM
You can thank moi for requesting it stay open. ;)

Appreciate it Crim. :)

Fallen_Chisk_Angels
04-22-2013, 04:33 AM
If you have no issues with rushing then dont call it "rushing"... call it FFA.