PDA

View Full Version : How to VIDEO your full Transaction using your own rooted android phone.

boomzkie
10-02-2012, 08:46 AM
Hello guys! Boomzki is here to share an effective way to VIDEO your full transaction in order to prevent SCAMMING from other players you trade with.

REMEMBER:
Samhayne says "It is way too easy to scam someone with such a trade. The only trading that is allowed is what you can do via the secure trade window in game."

But there are transactions that are worth more than the cap gold amount of 9,999,999. For example, the Red Dragon Mystery Set can cost 40 to 45 million gold. That’s why I’m sharing this tutorial on how to video your full transaction using your android phone.

REASON:
I know some story regarding scamming and tricking. I feel very bad for those victims. No one deserves to be scammed. I hate abusive players.

I can’t imagine myself cheating/ scamming someone for items or gold.

I know that people are not the same but it’s better to play if you have friends you can trust and if you are known as a good, trustworthy player. I think that’s better than being notorious as a scammer and be hated.

Let’s begin my TUTORIAL:

This will guide you on how to video your full transaction.

REQUIREMENTS:

1. Your ANDROID phone must be rooted. (I don’t recommend that you root your phone; it’s up to you but there are advantages of rooting your android phone and this is one of them) "DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK".

How to root?
Just use Google. There are lots of rooting tips/ tutorials depending on your phone. If your android phone is already rooted, just proceed to the next step ^^

2. Go to Play Store search for "Screencast" download Demo to try whether it works on your device first or Buy it legally. This application requires a rooted android phone.

3. Install the screencast application.

Now that you’ve completed the requirements shown above, let’s proceed to the step-by-step tutorial on how to video your whole transaction.

STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO VIDEO YOUR FULL TRANSACTION:

If you’re ready to transact with someone in PL, just follow the steps below.

Step 1. Go beside the stash (In Balefort Castle or Forest Haven Town). Transactions over 10 million gold is better done near the stash for quick access to each of your gold/ items.

Step 2. Ask him/her this question: Can I video our transaction?

If he/she agrees, proceed to the next step.

Step 3. Now open the screencast application. Click menu > click the screencast widget. When the red circle is shown in the notification it means video is running. Go back to the game.

Step 4. Ask him/her this question: Do you agree that if anyone of us scams the other party, the scammer gets permanently banned from Pocket Legends?

This is the most important part of the video, showing both transaction parties agree to the punishment in case scamming occurs.

If he/she agrees, proceed to the next step.

Step 5. Start the series of transactions. If the transactions are smoothly done, congrats to both of you!

Step 6. Turn off screencast.

Step 7. Delete the video you captured if the transaction is smoothly done.

Here's a sample of a negative result.

SCENARIO:

You’re in step 5. You offer 15mil for a blue dragon mystery armor. You give him/her cap gold for 1st transaction then next transaction is 5mil and the blue dragon mystery armor but you get scammed after giving the cap gold (9,999,999) he/she goes offline and erase you as a friend.

But don’t worry, if you followed my step by step guide, you recorded the whole transaction as it happened. This is your time to bounce back. ^^

Because you videoed your full transaction, you have a 100% reliable evidence that you got scammed. Just go to your gallery then upload the video to ex. Youtube then you can now link/ report your evidence video to STS or a Pocket Legends developer. Let STS or the PL developer do their job.

Remember in the video, you both agree to the punishment of "PERMANENT BAN" on the scammer. This will prevent people from trying to scam you, or they risk losing their accounts.

In case you got scammed, the item/gold you lost (worth a lot) ex. Mystery dragon set or a gold cap can possibly be retrieved. STS or PL Devs might be able to help you get back your hard-earned Gold/ items.

And for the scammer, enjoy your remaining time in Pocket Legends.^^ After STS or a PL developer reviews the evidence video and checks the trade, good luck to you. Remember in the video you agree to get "PERMANENT BANNED FROM POCKET LEGENDS". Boooom!!!!! Hehehe

This ends my tutorial.

Scammers don’t deserve to be in Pocket Legends whether you’re an old or new player. ^^

Hope this tutorial will help a lot of players and avoid getting scammed. Video is better than screenshot. Happy trading everyone! I always hope for the best. ^^

For those playing PL using their PC, laptop or non-android phone that have a video capture application, you can also use my guide for obtaining your transaction video evidence. There will be nothing to worry about even if it’s a 60mil transaction hehehe.

SAMPLES OF MY FULL VIDEO TRANSACTIONS:

Successful trade with pakax : red mystery dragon armor + 12mil for my blue mystery dragon set.

Watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj2tMJu-RXU

Successful trade with ipurgeni : red mystery dragon helm for 17mil.

Watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf-5DjFlM1I

P.S.
Think of the consequences before you scam ^^

This is boomzki your friend, your neighbor and your family. ^^ lmao
-Out

Special Thanks to my friend EBALATA & REAZAME.

Thanks for reading.

DataPunk
10-02-2012, 09:40 AM
Nice guide!

Yich
10-02-2012, 10:55 AM
not a bad idea. If you're on a computer, download hypercam or PM zapoke for more help.

Spectre
10-02-2012, 11:11 AM
Wow, great advice, heavy noobish accent. Is English you first language?

Dude don't blame on "noobish accent". I believe that grammar not so important here, at least it readable and understandable.
More than half players are not from USA, I'm sure.

Hes from Philippines and he still trying to do his best and share information, its awesome.

Great guide dude!

boomzkie
10-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Sorry for my bad english guys the fact is im not good in english but I can read and understand english hehehe im open for bad and good comment so dont worry it will help me to improve more. ^^ thanks

BodMaster
10-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Off Topic? Wasn't even sure how to root a device was legit in StS forums :/

That said, I have used ScreenCast for as far as I can remember HTC/Samsung ;)

Is English you first language?.

*FP*

Location = Philippines

HunterSLAYER
10-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Note:
Screencast currently only works on a few type of phones(mostly HTC and Samsung, it has problems working on SONY phones as well as the Galaxy Nexus and newer Samsung Galaxy phones as it hasn't been updated to support devices with newer configurations.)

boomzkie
10-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Im using SONY/XPERIA walkman live. :D

HunterSLAYER
10-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Im using SONY/XPERIA walkman live. :D
It has problems working on some SONY phones, not necessarily all.

Yich
10-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Off Topic? Wasn't even sure how to root a device was legit in StS forums :/

That said, I have used ScreenCast for as far as I can remember HTC/Samsung ;)

*FP*

Location = Philippines

Baaaah should have looked closer. I always seem to make a silly mistake like that when I point out someone elses grammatical mistakes...

BodMaster
10-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Baaaah should have looked closer. I always seem to make a silly mistake like that when I point out someone elses grammatical mistakes...

Lmao! Know the feeling only too well, just did the same on another thread.. well similar xD

boomzkie
10-02-2012, 03:40 PM
aside from this irrational comment,which makes no sense

gj boom!
Mabuhay lol

mabuhay :D

Yich
10-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Aside from this irrational comment,which makes no sense

Gj boom!
Mabuhay lol

Could you point me to a dictionary that can define this word? I missed one letter in "your" and now two have pointed it out. It's not irrational, I was simply curious to know if English was his first language. If it is, he's probably young. If it isn't his first language, he's a newbie to English, A.K.A. a noob. Since it has to do with language, it's the written version of an accent. Since we've already determined he's a noob to the English language, and he does have some kind of "accent", be it in his typing or in the way he talks, we can form the words together and say it is a "noobish accent".

As for the "If you're on a computer...", it really speaks for itself. I'd understand your confusion if you didn't know that "PM" means "private message" or that "Zapoke" is a forumer/player. Otherwise, if you're fluent in English and you have a sense of humor, that post should have made sense.

cookiez
10-02-2012, 04:14 PM
But Dude, if you root your phone it voids your warranty, that's only reason I don't fo it

BodMaster
10-02-2012, 04:27 PM
But Dude, if you root your phone it voids your warranty, that's only reason I don't fo it

Since when can't that be fixed? Lol

Could you point me to a dictionary that can define this word? I missed one letter in "your" and now two have pointed it out. It's not irrational, I was simply curious to know if English was his first language. If it is, he's probably young. If it isn't his first language, he's a newbie to English, A.K.A. a noob. Since it has to do with language, it's the written version of an accent. Since we've already determined he's a noob to the English language, and he does have some kind of "accent", be it in his typing or in the way he talks, we can form the words together and say it is a "noobish accent".

As for the "If you're on a computer...", it really speaks for itself. I'd understand your confusion if you didn't know that "PM" means "private message" or that "Zapoke" is a forumer/player. Otherwise, if you're fluent in English and you have a sense of humor, that post should have made sense.

That's Newb...

Not sure many people understand the meaning of "Noob", especially here. Noob isn't someone "New" and "Learning the ropes" as most think. (Newb = Newbie)

The actual meaning, means to be taught/showed the ropes, disregarded them and still carry on doing things their own way not learnt a thing/taken anything on board, or even has the decency to care/staying at the same level not progressing. (Not for fun that's totally different, but just someone that can't grasp the things they have been taught/shown)

skrapicoco
10-02-2012, 04:28 PM

True but me,i had a recent incident which i messed up my att infuse so bad on upgrading the software to jellybean and my fault did a wrong move on step 5lol (which void the warranty) i called att i said it wont turn on act you dont know anything about this stuff, they sent me another one and now im using the one that they sent lol main thing they wouldn't know its rooted unless you say it to them:o

BodMaster
10-02-2012, 04:30 PM
MAKE A THREAD AT THE OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE YOUR NONSENSE

:D:D:D:D

To me this is an Off Topic thread, just posted in the wrong section ;)

Cap's help nuttin..

RedStapler
10-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Hey guys,

Let's keep discussion on the post, and not who posted it, okay?

Commenting on a person's command of a language is rude, so please don't do it.

Yich
10-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Since when can't that be fixed? Lol

That's Newb...

Considering "noob" and "newb" are both forms of slang, it's up to the individual to decide what they mean. Words can also have multiple meanings.

BodMaster
10-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Considering "noob" and "newb" are both forms of slang, it's up to the individual to decide what they mean. Words can also have multiple meanings.

No people just like to think they can.

N00b and Newb are two separate things... naaab

HunterSLAYER
10-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Yich you're really mean.
:P

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Pakax
10-03-2012, 07:02 AM
watching that video just made me realise that i owe you 1g Boom... I'll give to you in game later :-))

Brave Sir Robin
10-03-2012, 07:23 AM
This is a very thorough guide. Thanks for taking time to post it.

However, I would like to bring the following to your attention:

We would like to take a minute to remind people that when you lend items to other people using the gift function, you may not get them back.

The gift function was designed as just that--to give items to other players with no expectation of having them returned to you. When you lend things this way, getting your stuff back depends solely on the goodwill of the “borrower.”

We’re very proud of our community members who want to share their items, and who truly want to help their friends. Sadly, as we are unable to retrieve stolen items—only investigate issues and distribute warnings accordingly—we strongly discourage the use of the gift function to loan items.

So even if you have proof, you cannot take your items back. Just making sure that this is clear :)

Zapoke
10-03-2012, 08:05 AM
So even if you have proof, you cannot take your items back.

Pretty sure that's only if you use the "Give" thing. I could be wrong, but that's how I read it. :o

Brave Sir Robin
10-03-2012, 08:31 AM
Pretty sure that's only if you use the "Give" thing. I could be wrong, but that's how I read it. :o
Hmmm... I am not sure if this is only valid for gifts or trades in general. The way I understand it, the statement says "don't lend with give... bla bla" because

we are unable to retrieve stolen items—only investigate issues and distribute warnings accordingly—we strongly discourage the use of the gift function to loan items.

and the last sentence is general, meaning all transactions are final. Probably a clarification from support would help?

BodMaster
10-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Yup that's the give function.

Trade, I have known things to be returned. (And the culprit being banned etc)

Brave Sir Robin
10-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Yup that's the give function.

Trade, I have known things to be returned. (And the culprit being banned etc)

Ah OK. Didn't know there were cases where items were returned. You 're the Master after all ;)

Ephesius
10-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Yea but a smart scammer will delete you change his name and have a blue dragon set ban free. Theres no way around this kind of scam unless someones trustworthy

BodMaster
10-03-2012, 12:09 PM
Ah OK. Didn't know there were cases where items were returned. You 're the Master after all ;)

Not to say that you have 100% chance it will be returned, but has been the case in the past every now and then if the evidence is substantial.

Guess it depends on how the trade, and chat from logs unfold when support look into it. But with "Give" they have no "real" way to determine if it was intentional or not. (Someone may have a change of heart, and want the things back, others may be doing it to "Trick" someone into getting banned etc)

Like others have said before if you are willing to "Give" something away, you must be prepared to for the consequences after, possibly leading to you not getting these back. (Think it was you Brave on FF xD)

BodMaster
10-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Yea but a smart scammer will delete you change his name and have a blue dragon set ban free. Theres no way around this kind of scam unless someones trustworthy

All leaves logs when doing so, also gives a clear reason to ban if caught. (Using the same IP address, especially if silly enough to do so on the same account)

Brave Sir Robin
10-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Like others have said before if you are willing to "Give" something away, you must be prepared to for the consequences after, possibly leading to you not getting these back. (Think it was you Brave on FF xD)

As I mentioned in another thread, having seen two good friends quit the game because of scams of this type, I am doing everything I can to warn other players. In the case of trade, you have the opportunity to check and verify the transaction at least 2 times. Video recording is an extra measure ofc if we are talking about very expensive items.

Pfff dunno, all this scamming thing has made me (more) cynical. Paraphrasing Red Stapler's famous quote, it's just a game, don't be a click lol.

BodMaster
10-03-2012, 01:25 PM
As I mentioned in another thread, having seen two good friends quit the game because of scams of this type, I am doing everything I can to warn other players. In the case of trade, you have the opportunity to check and verify the transaction at least 2 times. Video recording is an extra measure ofc if we are talking about very expensive items.

Pfff dunno, all this scamming thing has made me (more) cynical. Paraphrasing Red Stapler's famous quote, it's just a game, don't be a click lol.

No, I do agree. Sure it's a game, and you should be prepared for anything to happen. (Should be standard, with the amount of warnings people get about "scams")

But looking from another perspective, its someone else's hard earned RL money, and time. (Time that could have been spent else where be it another game with more support or family)

Someone that has been playing casual and unfortunately this happens. They're more than likely to carry on and just make a new char, sure they will be pissed for a while but wouldn't be the point in quitting something they like to do to waste time, and the players they enjoy spending time with in-game.

Another that has put 6/12+ months hard work into an account, and spending the time farming rare gears, merchant to quite a fortune (or spending a small fortune on premium, over that time 500/1k+) , day to day activity just to lose it all over one "bad" move, will be hit like a ton of bricks, if StS doesn't/can't help in any way they will not only quit but despise StS and their time/work wasted. (Cases like this I believe StS need to do more to help, like the player was doing to help support the game in premium (some people call it "favouritism", I call it a smart move)

This not then only effect the person it occurred, but everyone/anything "tied" to that player in general. (Be it Guild/Friend/Forumer/ Someone that could have helped the games development)

Zeus
10-03-2012, 07:11 PM

Kelly did that and look at her? Hmm...

Yich
10-03-2012, 07:28 PM

Winner.

Jugernugetx
10-03-2012, 10:08 PM
Good guide.

Not rooting my phone lol.

cookiez
10-03-2012, 10:29 PM

Ebalata
10-04-2012, 05:10 AM
Would it be possible for the Devs to increase the Gold Trading Cap to say 19,999,999 Gold for trading, instead of the current 9,999,999? This would greatly make it convenient for the trading of expensive items (e.g. Red Dragon Set). This way, players won't need to

1. video their multi-million gold transaction
2. be forced to root their android phones to make their multi-million gold transaction secure

I think this will also prevent more scams from happening for these highly expensive transactions.

Cobraguy
10-04-2012, 05:50 AM
Would it be possible for the Devs to increase the Gold Trading Cap to say 19,999,999 Gold for trading, instead of the current 9,999,999? This would greatly make it convenient for the trading of expensive items (e.g. Red Dragon Set). This way, players won't need to

2. be forced to root their android phones to make their multi-million gold transaction secure

I think this will also prevent more scams from happening for these highly expensive transactions.

This has been suggested many times before. The only answer we have gotten is that it would be looked into. Now that more items can be worth more than the current gold cap, it should definitely be implemented.

Brave Sir Robin
10-04-2012, 08:13 AM

You have quite a history with stealthy females. Femme fatale syndrome? :)

BodMaster
10-04-2012, 11:12 AM

Wouldn't it also increase the need for Scamming, seeing that kind of $$$$ about it just make someone want to pull off a larger scam. (Yes money scams are possible :p)

HunterSLAYER
10-05-2012, 01:26 AM

if rooting is too hard, Jailbreaking(DFU) is much easier(idevices) and you can always use display recorder(get it legally yourself) to record your gold transactions.
Well, if you only have an Android phone or just don't want to modify your device, can't do anything about it :/