PDA

View Full Version : Officer boots all but master O.o

Range
10-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Can I get in trouble if I boot all members and if I do this then post on forums that I did it?

Like is it against tos rules anywhere to name the guild u just destroyed???

Lowlyspy
10-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Very. Smooth move X-lax.

Jugernugetx
10-02-2012, 02:25 PM
So you are saying that you wrecked a guild that may have taken months to evolve? And you wanna know if you will get in trouble?

-looks at join date-

Ahhh....

Well yes you can and will get in trouble. Have a nice day!

Yich
10-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Can I get in trouble if I boot all members and if I do this then post on forums that I did it?

Like is it against tos rules anywhere to name the guild u just destroyed???

Id like to say no, because if they made you officer, they are giving you the option to do this. Some would call it griefing, but they are probably noobs.

Yich
10-02-2012, 02:28 PM
So you are saying that you wrecked a guild that may have taken months to evolve? And you wanna know if you will get in trouble?

-looks at join date-

Ahhh....

Looks at your join date. Walks away.

Jugernugetx
10-02-2012, 02:30 PM

-looks at join date-

Ahhh....

Looks at your join date. Walks away.

:confused:

._. ?

Lowlyspy
10-02-2012, 02:41 PM
Yep i'm a noob at lots of things. Sewing, skateboarding, baking, i'm a total noob at those.

Range
10-02-2012, 02:47 PM
The guild took a few months to make. I didn't wreck anything i had three officers in the guild and i help build one of the most hated and most successful pvp guild lvl 10-22. Master has been gone over a year and so did 90% of he other guild members. the only other officer left guild and quit six months ago. There was one semi active player i would see like once a week but he wouldn't communicate with me ever.

Don't let my join date mislead you. I have a few forum accounts and been playing pl since 1st week of release..

How do u know i can and i will get in trouble for dismembering this guild... and what kind of rule would I be breaking??

I will have a nice day ty Juger :D

Lowlyspy
10-02-2012, 02:50 PM
You said you're an officer? It isn't yours to disband, it's the GM's. Simple as that.

Covert
10-02-2012, 02:52 PM
lol

Range
10-02-2012, 02:57 PM
You said you're an officer? It isn't yours to disband, it's the GM's. Simple as that.

Well he gave me the power to do it so its done. Simple as that.

Lowlyspy
10-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Oh well, whatever happens happens. You have no one to blame but yourself should you get punished.

CrimsonTider
10-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Well he gave me the power to do it so its done. Simple as that.

So you're saying he told you over a year ago he wouldn't be back and you could dismember the guild a year or so later? Why didn't he just make you the GM?

Seems like 2+2= 5 here.

Yich
10-02-2012, 03:12 PM

._. ?

His join date is earlier than yours >.>

Reunegade
10-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Wait, so let me get this straight...so you're trying to destroy a guild that isn't yours? That's just like borrowing a video game and then returning it with scratch marks all over it O.o

Yich
10-02-2012, 03:15 PM
So you're saying he told you over a year ago he wouldn't be back and you could dismember the guild a year or so later? Why didn't he just make you the GM?

Seems like 2+2= 5 here.

If he made him officer, he gave him that option. With my luck, it's probably one of my 10-22 guilds LOL.. Wait.. What guild was it? PM me if you want it private..

Yich
10-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Wait, so let me get this straight...so you're trying to destroy a guild that isn't yours? That's just like borrowing a video game and then returning it with scratch marks all over it O.o

Anology isn't close to accurate.. Find a new one.

Lowlyspy
10-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Making someone an officer =/= giving them permission to completely disband a guild. Giving someone officer = giving them permission to keep order in the guild (to include booting someone if they are doing something against the guilds rules.) and to add people to the guild that they see fit. He didn't pay the gold or plat to make the guild therefore disbanding the guild isn't his decision to make. If he lost all hope in the guild he could have easily left the guild and either joined a different one or made his own to disband at his pleasure.

Rare
10-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Anology isn't close to accurate.. Find a new one.

Actually, I think it fits quite well.

Yich
10-02-2012, 03:41 PM
Making someone an officer =/= giving them permission to completely disband a guild. Giving someone officer = giving them permission to keep order in the guild (to include booting someone if they are doing something against the guilds rules.) and to add people to the guild that they see fit. He didn't pay the gold or plat to make the guild therefore disbanding the guild isn't his decision to make. If he lost all hope in the guild he could have easily left the guild and either joined a different one or made his own to disband at his pleasure.

I think that's up for the GM to decide then. If the GM says "Don't boot the entire guild", then it's griefing. If he doesn't give a rule for the officer to have broken, then the player hasn't done anything that they were told not to. If they ever gave the GM an option to decide how many players an officer can boot in a specific time period, I would keep it at the max. If I make someone an officer, they will ask me before booting everyone, but if they don't, I gave them that power, and it's on me.

Lowlyspy
10-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Ok so your arguement equates to getting promoted to assistant manager and firing everybody because "the manager didn't say i couldn't." Seems legit.

FluffNStuff
10-02-2012, 03:52 PM

Does the game explicitly give permission to anyone you make an officer to to completely disband a guild?

Ok so your arguement equates to getting promoted to assistant manager and firing everybody because "the manager didn't say i couldn't." Seems legit.

If everyone who was promoted to assistant manager at McDonald's suddenly had the authority to fire everyone then the chain would go under over night.

Lowlyspy
10-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Nope.

FluffNStuff
10-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Nope.

If that is true, then an officer would not be able to disband a guild. What am I missing?

Lowlyspy
10-02-2012, 03:58 PM
If everyone who was promoted to assistant manager at McDonald's suddenly had the authority to fire everyone then the chain would go under over night.
That would be my point.

]If that is true, then an officer would not be able to disband a guild. What am I missing?
He griefed and is attempting to use a techinicality which you are pointing out to avoid punishment. That is what you are missing.

Snakespeare
10-02-2012, 04:15 PM
There is a general rule not to make the game unpleasant for other people. You can argue the minutea till kingdom come, but in the big picture it will still go back to the general rule.

Elyseon
10-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Imo the gm gave you the right to do this
But just cuz you can doesnt mean its the right thing to do
How would you feel if you were gm?
I realize you might not have a conscience

But to try to see the logical aspect:
What is the point of booting? If there is not a legitamate reason for removing a player from a guild, why would you take the time to do this?

Snakespeare
10-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Fact is, decimating a guild is a rash act and the devs don't like it. Other people have been banned for it.

But seriously, what should be done about all the dead accounts in a guild? Can we at least be able to see which players are truly inactive (like, over a year) versus the ones who are just playing at different times?

Elyseon
10-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Also u cant boot all but gm, recruiters and other officers would stay as well

Jugernugetx
10-02-2012, 04:46 PM

._. ?

His join date is earlier than yours >.>
This is my fourth account :/

Jugernuget?
Jugernugetwantsback?
Jugernuget1?

Lol.

Mothwing
10-02-2012, 05:13 PM
I think that's up for the GM to decide then. If the GM says "Don't boot the entire guild", then it's griefing. If he doesn't give a rule for the officer to have broken, then the player hasn't done anything that they were told not to. If they ever gave the GM an option to decide how many players an officer can boot in a specific time period, I would keep it at the max. If I make someone an officer, they will ask me before booting everyone, but if they don't, I gave them that power, and it's on me.

Ok...honestly?

A GM shouldn't have to tell any officer to not boot a whole guild. It's this thing called common sense. If I get promoted, I don't go giggle in the corner and say "Hehe, he didn't say I can't boot the whole guild, so Im gonna go do it". Even if the guild is inactive. You leave the guild and find another. Plain and simple.

Range
10-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Also u cant boot all but gm, recruiters and other officers would stay as well

Ely you can boot recruiters as a officer..

What bothers me most about this is.. Why can I boot whoever I want but I can't promote anybody.
I think sts needs to revamp or get a lil more detailed about what each chain of command can and cant actually do.

Elyseon
10-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Ely you can boot recruiters as a officer..

What bothers me most about this is.. Why can I boot whoever I want but I can't promote anybody.
I think the need to revamp what each chain of command can actually do.
can you really o.O lol guess in my guilds which are mainly jokes as all guilds imo are everyone i care about is an officer and i wouldnt care if they deleted anyone

Range
10-02-2012, 07:07 PM
can you really o.O lol guess in my guilds which are mainly jokes as all guilds imo are everyone i care about is an officer and i wouldnt care if they deleted anyone

Lol

RedStapler
10-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Hi Range,

The best thing you can do, if you want to dissolve the guild, is to leave and start your own guild.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Please PM me or email support if you have any further questions!

Closing this thread to prevent circular conversation.