PDA

View Full Version : Carapace's Travel Auction!

RedStapler
10-03-2012, 06:48 PM
CARAPACE'S EUROPEAN AUCTION

Slaydies and Gentleghouls!

While Carapace is away (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?70710-Carapace-is-heading-to-Europe!), we will be auctioning off FIVE SETS OF TWO ULTRA RARE GEMS

AND

THE AUCTIONS WILL BEGIN FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5TH IN THE AFTERNOON (CENTRAL TIME) AND BIDDING WILL START AT 5,000,000 GOLD!

LOOK FOR MY LISTING IN THE DARK LEGENDS AUCTION HOUSE!

IGN: REDSTAPLER

A POST WILL BE MADE TOMORROW WHEN THE AUCTIONS BEGIN!

Frzendeath
10-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Well cash caps at 9,999,999 then what? And frankly there should be more then 2 to kill gold boarders and stabilize economy.. also any special effects on them? If so then what effects?
Thirdly you should sell the wisp that's on the street that's way better then over wieght gargoyles and hard to see bats...

thebane
10-04-2012, 07:52 PM
will these gems be drops later?
And i agree about the wisp thing

Jcyee
10-04-2012, 10:01 PM
wow the gems are awesome! if only i had 5 mil gold...

o well lol. good luck to all the bidders :)

moonway03
10-04-2012, 10:29 PM
What about ppl without 5m..it would be dissapointing for ppl that are non-millionaires..make it dropabble pleasE?:sly:

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

HunterSLAYER
10-04-2012, 10:48 PM
5 mil? WHAT'S happening to this game man?
This sucks big time and i just wasted my time reading this thread =.='''
(Usually i'm not pessimistic but this is the last straw man, i hate dl even more now.)

DonkeyKong
10-04-2012, 11:08 PM
this is just gonna throw PvP way out of whack imo in favour of the very rich.
seriously? STS? why spoil a good thing?
I really do have half a mind to delete DL now.

DexGOD
10-04-2012, 11:18 PM
dafuq? i bet judgement will buy all of the gems and sell it with higher price, judgement u have no life... so just play other games.. prankly u really have no life, find a donor.. thanks.. u have an arrogant ***

Put Judge and me down for a 100. :witless:

HunterSLAYER
10-04-2012, 11:28 PM
will these gems be drops later?
And i agree about the wisp thing

What about ppl without 5m..it would be dissapointing for ppl that are non-millionaires..make it dropabble pleasE?:sly:

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Nope. The relics(gems) are exclusive and only one of each is available in DL.
The gems will not be added as a drop as stated by Carapace below:

Later this week I will be travelling across the seas to visit Germany, Austria and the Czech Republic. There is quite a bit of vampire fiction tied to these parts of Europe. With that in mind a fun way to create a special event in Dark Legends there will be limited edition Relics that will only be available through auction. Highest bidders take all! The ones that are available on the AH will be the only ones available in the game! Stay tuned for updates from Samhayne and RedStapler with more information in the coming week.

All gold made from the AH proceeds will be removed from the economy by STS. Have fun and happy bidding!

From: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?70710-Carapace-is-heading-to-Europe!

phokingcrazy
10-04-2012, 11:56 PM
I do think 5m is way tooooo mush, for a gem, maybe for a vanity but a gem, I can still beat up some noob with 5m to get those gem . In pvp. Jk. LOL
So sad. Piz drop the price.

Deirdre Ann Tendell-Kirk
10-05-2012, 12:46 AM
Auction is out of my league, but wolves and cats would make nice pets especially if a ghostly blue like Saint Elmo's fire :-)

Devilonia
10-05-2012, 12:48 AM
5m?! impossible for normal players only for scammers who grab millions from ppl :/ sad

SexyIsland
10-05-2012, 01:56 AM
i think someone needs a hug.. frst bid 20mill

Lmao!!! Gooooo Judgement!!!

Love ya <3

Growwle
10-05-2012, 02:32 AM
CARAPACE'S EUROPEAN AUCTION

Slaydies and Gentleghouls!

While Carapace is away (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?70710-Carapace-is-heading-to-Europe!), we will be auctioning off FIVE SETS OF TWO ULTRA RARE GEMS

AND

THE AUCTIONS WILL BEGIN FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5TH IN THE AFTERNOON (CENTRAL TIME) AND BIDDING WILL START AT 5,000,000 GOLD!

LOOK FOR MY LISTING IN THE DARK LEGENDS AUCTION HOUSE!

IGN: REDSTAPLER

A POST WILL BE MADE TOMORROW WHEN THE AUCTIONS BEGIN!

Good luck to all those with deep pockets ( in real life and in game).

kluu
10-05-2012, 03:11 AM
This is by far the worst idea yet

Wrath
10-05-2012, 03:26 AM
Ill buy .... Should be np

Growwle
10-05-2012, 03:33 AM
This is by far the worst idea yet

The auction should have started at a price that is attainable by the majority of players who don't spend real money for gold. Clearly, this is meant to get the impulsive people to buy gold. Getting people to spend real money on the game is how STS stays in business, so I do not blame them for doing these "events". However, do not kid yourself that it is not meant to make you spend money, removing large amounts of gold from the DL economy is meant to bring it down to a level where it is more practical to buy plat items, than to buy items out of the AH with in-game currency (like SL). Yes, I am critical and yes I do spend a little money on plat, but I will pass on this event. Again, good luck to those who win these rare items.

Sushi
10-05-2012, 03:42 AM
I don't like this event because only people who has vast amount of money can enjoy it.
You should design an event everyone, including newbie, can enjoy it.

mafiainc42
10-05-2012, 03:47 AM
they just had one

mafiainc42
10-05-2012, 03:49 AM
The auction should have started at a price that is attainable by the majority of players who don't spend real money for gold. Clearly, this is meant to get the impulsive people to buy gold. Getting people to spend real money on the game is how STS st
ays in business, so I do not blame them for doing these "events". However, do not kid yourself that it is not meant to make you spend money, removing large amounts of gold from the DL economy is meant to bring it down to a level where it is more practical to buy plat items, than to buy items out of the AH with in-game currency (like SL). Yes, I am critical and yes I do spend a little money on plat, but I will pass on this event. Again, good luck to those who win these rare items.

Have plenty of gold nvr paid any rtm for it

mafiainc42
10-05-2012, 03:54 AM
great idea just not with weapons or gems no weapon or gem is worth the money nor platnium if it does not lvl with u ill buy um all then trash um cuz i can =)

XchilangopwnX
10-05-2012, 06:06 AM
ill buy um all then trash um cuz i can =)

This^

Roflmfao ^_^

Do it do it do it!

XD

HunterSLAYER
10-05-2012, 09:15 AM
If judge really liquidates the gem, video proof would be nice(pls don't tell me rooting ur sgs ii is hard or it will void your warranty =.="').

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

mafiainc42
10-05-2012, 09:31 AM
If judge really liquidates the gem, video proof would be nice(pls don't tell me rooting ur sgs ii is hard or it will void your warranty =.="').

Its ok Mcfly no need to prove anything to anyone honestly would nvr waste that kinda gold on a gem that will wortless soon. nor should anyone else. unless buying these gem sets grants u a new title called (Judgement)

HunterSLAYER
10-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Its ok Mcfly no need to prove anything to anyone honestly would nvr waste that kinda gold on a gem that will wortless soon. nor should anyone else. unless buying these gem sets grants u a new title called (Judgement)

IT all makes sense NOW! :D

Samhayne
10-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Hey gang,

Sorry for any sticker shock with the Relic gems. The plan is to only make 10 of these available, which is what is driving the price. We'll see, if no one buys them, maybe the price will come down. The intent is to do something fun with Carapace's travels and this was one idea.

Please keep in mind that we make new content all the time. This is just something for those that like to play the Market and/or collect gold. We know it won't appeal to everyone, but it isn't designed too. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

mafiainc42
10-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Hey gang,

Sorry for any sticker shock with the Relic gems. The plan is to only make 10 of these available, which is what is driving the price. We'll see, if no one buys them, maybe the price will come down. The intent is to do something fun with Carapace's travels and this was one idea.

Please keep in mind that we make new content all the time. This is just something for those that like to play the Market and/or collect gold. We know it won't appeal to everyone, but it isn't designed too. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

so what happens if two people buy these sets u gonna lower the prices for the other 3 sets. u guys tryin to get assassinated =)

Growwle
10-05-2012, 01:02 PM
The auction should have started at a price that is attainable by the majority of players who don't spend real money for gold. Clearly, this is meant to get the impulsive people to buy gold. Getting people to spend real money on the game is how STS st
ays in business, so I do not blame them for doing these "events". However, do not kid yourself that it is not meant to make you spend money, removing large amounts of gold from the DL economy is meant to bring it down to a level where it is more practical to buy plat items, than to buy items out of the AH with in-game currency (like SL). Yes, I am critical and yes I do spend a little money on plat, but I will pass on this event. Again, good luck to those who win these rare items.

Have plenty of gold nvr paid any rtm for it

You are not an average player, 5 mil is not easily attainable by the average DL player IMO.

mafiainc42
10-05-2012, 01:11 PM
You are not an average player, 5 mil is not easily attainable by the average DL player IMO.

srry bud lifes not fair thats to bad o well

StompArtist
10-05-2012, 01:14 PM
You'd take a lot more gold out of the economy by banning Judge and his accounts! just sayin'

;)

mafiainc42
10-05-2012, 01:18 PM
You'd take a lot more gold out of the economy by banning Judge and his accounts! just sayin'

;)

i agree haha let the people who worked there azzaz off have sonething special let elite players have a lil something for once period this is mmo not andry birds

good luck on banning me catch my accounts if u can =)

StompArtist
10-05-2012, 01:20 PM
i agree haha let the people who worked there azzaz off have sonething special let elite players have a lil something for once period this is mmo not andry birds

I am ok with the auction. I find the reason of "taking gold out of the economy" a little silly (because that doesn't work at all) but hey if you folks want a bid war for some unique item go for it. Gives something to spend gold on once you have everything, right?

Frzendeath
10-05-2012, 01:22 PM
This is totally garbage idea no one can buy these but judge and well he explained they are trash and have lower stats then norm gems they just have a good effect... either way too much and little players with 5mill that's wastable, nice try, thx for alienating the player base...

mafiainc42
10-05-2012, 01:23 PM
I am ok with the auction. I find the reason of "taking gold out of the economy" a little silly (because that doesn't work at all) but hey if you folks want a bid war for some unique item go for it. Gives something to spend gold on once you have everything, right?

there is no bidding price is set at 5mill

Frzendeath
10-05-2012, 01:24 PM
I am ok with the auction. I find the reason of "taking gold out of the economy" a little silly (because that doesn't work at all) but hey if you folks want a bid war for some unique item go for it. Gives something to spend gold on once you have everything, right? there is no bidding, u got 5 mill its yours...

StompArtist
10-05-2012, 01:24 PM
How does having unique item that a very few select player can afford with the gold that they earned themselves by playing endless hours alienating the player base.

Makes no sense whatsoever. At least be honest and say the truth, repeat after me: " I am jealous of Judge's wealth and it aggravates me".

StompArtist
10-05-2012, 01:25 PM
there is no bidding price is set at 5mill

Meh that sucks. Would be more fun bidding. Still I don't see a problem with it. lol

mafiainc42
10-05-2012, 01:25 PM
the gems are good but will loose value with nxt update. really not worth 5mill bought only cuz of the effects

mafiainc42
10-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Meh that sucks. Would be more fun bidding. Still I don't see a problem with it. lol

would of been cool but dont see to many people who would waste there money hell i can buy all 10 and still be fine for 10years just nkt gonna do it

StompArtist
10-05-2012, 01:27 PM
...and no offense to Judge but it would be hilarious if you logged in to "Ban Reason: taking gold out of the economy".

Frzendeath
10-05-2012, 01:30 PM
How does having unique item that a very few select player can afford with the gold that they earned themselves by playing endless hours alienating the player base.

Makes no sense whatsoever. At least be honest and say the truth, repeat after me: " I am jealous of Judge's wealth and it aggravates me". I'm perfectly happy Judge did all this and can afford it, good for him.. I'm not happy that they call this an event, imply its an auction, offer a way overpriced gem with an ok effect, this game is dying due to lack of interest, at first it was sooooo cool and then they just got lazy on the content.. this gem thing is just making me more bitter at a game I loved at one point don't eat the assume meat sammiches bro..

razerfingers
10-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Lol, show me pics they arnt in cs anymore :/

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

StompArtist
10-05-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm perfectly happy Judge did all this and can afford it, good for him.. I'm not happy that they call this an event, imply its an auction, offer a way overpriced gem with an ok effect, this game is dying due to lack of interest, at first it was sooooo cool and then they just got lazy on the content.. this gem thing is just making me more bitter at a game I loved at one point don't eat the assume meat sammiches bro..

Gotcha. Must have misread ya.

mafiainc42
10-05-2012, 01:55 PM
...and no offense to Judge but it would be hilarious if you logged in to "Ban Reason: taking gold out of the economy".

no kidding would be doin me a huge favor lol
and whats funny this game was bttr before vanities imo

razerfingers
10-05-2012, 01:58 PM
no kidding would be doin me a huge favor lol
and whats funny this game was bttr before vanities imo

Wait, so you're the judge guy with gamer set? Lol

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

reloaded
10-05-2012, 02:03 PM
best way to control economy we need a tax system in dl xD

Growwle
10-05-2012, 02:06 PM

srry bud lifes not fair thats to bad o well

You may want to re-read my previous replies bud. I did not claim that it was not fair, I was just agreeing that I thought it was a bad event and giving reasons why.

thebane
10-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Thanks for putting an effect on gems to rub it in everyone's face who cant afford one :mad:

octavos
10-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Thanks for putting an effect on gems to rub it in everyone's face who cant afford one :mad:

ill quote a dev....

They're not like Pokemon-- they're more like buses: another one will always be along. -RS

that being said, i love my gold, something is better always comes around. SO im in no rush since I dont PvP.....but if ya do, hope you have one of these gems :ghost:

Theholyangel
10-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Not fair at all, 5 million is waay too high, and limited amount, not cool :-(

thebane
10-05-2012, 07:34 PM
I realize that there will be more Relics later but i think that maybe this event wasn't thought out very thoroughly. maybe they should add something that everyone can participate in not just the super rich people. no offence intended to anyone but i don't like this event. perhaps every once in a while make an event like the 1mil corpses and have limited vanities, weapons and gems. just a thought...

kluu
10-05-2012, 10:39 PM
if you really wanted to do something cool with carapaces travels why not design new maps based on those travels. like a castle pvp map or pve or whatever, not this.

beelzebub
10-05-2012, 10:52 PM
STS wants to make more money?? EASY!

1. Make new weapsons with better stats
2. Map new maps and not recycled/mixed map and maybe some maps have to pay plat once off to play

FallenOne
10-06-2012, 04:13 AM
huh, one of the worst event. SO DAMN STUPID.
start with 5m? I'm guessing all 5 set is gonna end with gold cap.
LIKE SERIOUSLY WTF.
The good part is, this is gonna get rid of a lot of gold AND the shadow relic gem sucks. I rather use K stone level 30. The Blood gem however is WAY TOO STRONG! Unfair for others!

sun light
10-06-2012, 07:19 PM
i dont have the money lol but it wont buy it if ppl wont see it like a vanity effect ;)
i mean u can add real blood tears effect comming out my eyes,
or black heart beating from my chest ;)
if thata the case? i whould sell some items to buy those gems ;)

Kuero
10-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Redstapler They're not like Pokemon--they're more like buses: another one will always be along. -RS

Yeah! Pokemon arent worth that much. If the chosen one is getting defeated, whatever! Still a billion more around to catch.

But now I got a question. So if somone is buying them both and additional having the other two relics. Does someone get a stat bonus when only having relicts equipped?

thebane
10-06-2012, 10:19 PM
i dont have the money lol but it wont buy it if ppl wont see it like a vanity effect ;)
i mean u can add real blood tears effect comming out my eyes,
or black heart beating from my chest ;)
if thata the case? i whould sell some items to buy those gems ;)

they have effects the blood gem has a ring like an elixir around but its red and the shadow gem surrounds player with smoke

HunterSLAYER
10-07-2012, 01:27 AM
they have effects the blood gem has a ring like an elixir around but its red and the shadow gem surrounds player with smoke

Effects for 5 mil? No thanks.

Antimatter
10-07-2012, 10:58 AM
I really wish these items had nothing to do with gold. The best items are for the best players and should be rewards for difficult achievements. I don't have a problem with everyone having a chance at the best items but this time it was only the extremely wealthy who had a chance. That's a very small percentage of the community and it has nothing to do with a players skill. I recognize that some of the players who bought these gems are regarded as good players, but not all of them. It Doesn't seem right.

Just my opinion though.

Growwle
10-07-2012, 11:11 AM
I really wish these items had nothing to do with gold. The best items are for the best players and should be rewards for difficult achievements. I don't have a problem with everyone having a chance at the best items but this time it was only the extremely wealthy who had a chance. That's a very small percentage of the community and it has nothing to do with a players skill. I recognize that some of the players who bought these gems are regarded as good players, but not all of them. It Doesn't seem right.

Just my opinion though.

Gold does not usually equal skill in this game, although you can argue that playing the AH takes skill. You can make tons of gold just by sending your allies out at every opportunity. Then there is the ability to purchase gold with plat, which takes no in-game skill at all (I say in-game, because it takes some skill to have disposable income in real life).

Sanguinary
10-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Ruins pvp...

SexyIsland
10-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Reading this whole thread till this point had me Rolling... I love it...

Growwle
10-07-2012, 10:30 PM

What is your opinion? Are you one of the 1% or 99%, LOL. :cool:

mafiainc42
10-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Gold does not usually equal skill in this game, although you can argue that playing the AH takes skill. You can make tons of gold just by sending your allies out at every opportunity. Then there is the ability to purchase gold with plat, which takes no in-game skill at all (I say in-game, because it takes some skill to have disposable income in real life).
I have more gold then any two players plz plz plz tell me i have no skill plzzzzzz do so

HunterSLAYER
10-08-2012, 12:06 AM
I have more gold then any two players plz plz plz tell me i have no skill plzzzzzz do so

I didn't knew that "farming" for gold needed skill. Just lots and lots of time and commitment,that is.

SexyIsland
10-08-2012, 07:55 AM
What is your opinion? Are you one of the 1% or 99%, LOL. :cool:

I'm 100% LMAO :cool:

"No more to say" :banana:

thebane
10-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Judge i gunna get or got the blood tear?

n00b13st
10-09-2012, 09:34 PM
I can't say that I'm a fan of the "event", I don't like having the best stuff reserved for the most fanatical or even the most skillful players - how is it fun for the majority to give those with the natural advantages from playing more (more chances of drops) or better a further advantage? It's kind of like giving star athletes bionic implants. I guess if this is the way that the game is going I may not be playing PvP any more and ultimately may stop playing the one game I've been enjoying (and spending money on.)

You know, if you want to go that way you should offer a limited set of "1 week complete invincibility" buffs (good in PvP and PvE) weekly for 9,999,999 gold (and perhaps 1,000 plat?) and the wearer has some very distinct proc - maybe their character's name or appearance changes to look like they are bronzed/gold like an Oscar?

For the more literal of the forum readers, that's sarcasm - just so you know.

:vP::vP:

mafiainc42
10-09-2012, 10:25 PM
:onthego:

Skeokateva
10-09-2012, 11:20 PM

Lmao, im glad im not the only 1!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Sanguinary
10-10-2012, 03:24 PM
The black vampire heart actually has a buff... The foggy thing
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y456/Sanguinary_/73938d386551abb43595164e6c1be5de.jpg

Joehannh
10-11-2012, 02:13 AM
First of all I would like to say please give us some reasonable price for this ultra rare items... I compute the sum of this for gold coins for 2.2 million is equivalent of s$325 sinhdollar in 4.5 million is equivalent of s$650 some of the online games is not exceeding to this rates why you need to bid in a higher price for what reason? 9 million. In this sum of s$650 you can buy Ipad2 in Singapore to reach the 9 million or higher we need to spend s$1300 this price is not reasonable for others players and even to my self is not reasonable price. C'mon guys give us some appreciable price not like this drag out all of us to become broke! Hope you understand our situations for gamers....

Growwle
10-11-2012, 02:49 AM
The black vampire heart actually has a buff... The foggy thing
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y456/Sanguinary_/73938d386551abb43595164e6c1be5de.jpg

Did you actually farm the axes, or did you buy them?

Sanguinary
10-11-2012, 05:05 PM
It's not me lol...

KillaSkillz
10-15-2012, 06:43 AM
I believe it was done as they say, as a gold sink to take some gold out of the game, which is fine with me.

This thing was started 10 days ago I guess, I just saw it now. The last 2, 5 day vanity items I missed because I just didn't care to log in and they were stolen by the game. Lol.

I wouldn't worry too much on those items, they will become useless after a cap raise or two like every other gem. I sure wouldn't trade any high priced/rare vanity for one.

I don't have the gold for it anyways. I can't run maps over and over for gold, the monotony kills me. I have 1 auction slot so selling is really slow too. I just cap then find other games to play until the next cap. For me, nothing to make me crazy about this game, to make me want to stay on it.

More gold item random packs with decent weapons would have served the same purpose as this "event". There was no need to make poorer players feel alienated. But don't feel bad my poor brothers and sisters, you didn't waste 5 million gold on items with a usefulness lifetime :)

Zaonabiuibil
10-22-2012, 04:04 PM
I feel like this is just because Redstapler wanted to hit the gold cap ;)

donigunawan
01-01-2013, 08:25 AM
hey guys..anyone mybe selling elder or black heart,ihave 9milion n more..SEriously..add me Bloodyessen

Eaten
01-04-2013, 12:41 AM
Yeah im after the black heart (shadow relic) i dont think anyone will sell their's lol

Skeokateva
01-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Ive seen only a few ppl logging in to use theirs lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Sirreed
01-11-2013, 07:53 PM
are the stats really that good?i mean compared to other High lvl gems

caabedez
01-25-2013, 11:44 AM
Oh god cant u make like these gems in a map like maybe add an extra map n put these gem and make it like the relic hammer and relic axe but make this gem even more rare or it will be really hard for others to get if theres only 5 since the price is same as a hammer i dont see why noy

caabedez
01-25-2013, 11:45 AM
Not*

Skeokateva
01-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Their original reason was to sell these to remove some gold from dl economy... But instead just created a couple elite super toons... Idk if the overall gold amount changed much in dl but the advantage the relic players have is very obvious...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Kraoracha
01-28-2013, 05:02 AM
You mean the gems are actually reall much stronger then the other ones?
That means we should go to higher levels soon, so we get higher level gems that are stronger, so we catch up with them, lol.

csb
01-29-2013, 04:14 PM
The effect is so you know to quit the CTF game when you see it on an opposing team member.