PDA

View Full Version : Intentional PVP hack

Seraphine
04-21-2010, 05:57 PM
I was playing in the new expansion and ress'd a fallen player after he got beat down.

When he res'd he went to town on me. I asked him to stop, yet he didn't until I was dead. Apparently I was suppose to res him during the boss fight. I guess he was mad. There were no mobs in the room, he refused to stop irregardless of my pleas.

His name was Darkking, a lvl 24 archer.

I can't help but think it was intentional given the circumstances. No appologies were given, just a laugh and a after thought excuse when I said I was reporting him.

Banned
04-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Dude, no. Your not the only one that's had this happen to them. It's a glitch not a hack. And if I started to attack a random player, I wouldn't stop the assult either. Those 30 seconds of PVP would be worth a death.

setec
04-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Do you think he new of an exploit in game to be able to "take revenge" on you?

Interesting bug.

Deathshock
04-21-2010, 06:04 PM
I've heard of this accidental attacking of other players...

Seraphine
04-21-2010, 06:30 PM
I believe he knew of an exploit to allow him to attack.. I was unable to attack back, I was unable to do anything but sit there and blow through 5 pots before I realized there was absolutely nothing I could do.

And for Banned that thinks this is fun for the guy who found the "glitch" to relentlessly kill other players, then I think its pretty BS. I play for the fun of the team, I res downed players, because I realize that most groups dont wait for you to run back. However it is NOT fun ressing, to get killed, having to walk back.

I guess your advocating never ressing anyone then.

I feel 100% convinced this guy was taking advantage of an exploit he knew. Nothing of the experience seemed like someone who stumbled upon a random glitch.

Futumsh
04-21-2010, 06:50 PM
This should be fixed in the next content update.

sandman2013
04-21-2010, 07:14 PM
yea i just did this earlier by accent, i was really confused until i just read this

Seraphine
04-21-2010, 07:44 PM
yea i just did this earlier by accent, i was really confused until i just read this

How do you confusingly just kill your own teammates... I am beginning to believe there are more button mashers that pay no attention to the actual game, then there are real players that try to employ skill vs ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK... this is the only reason why someone would accidentally kill their own team.

Banned
04-21-2010, 08:08 PM
How do you confusingly just kill your own teammates... I am beginning to believe there are more button mashers that pay no attention to the actual game, then there are real players that try to employ skill vs ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK... this is the only reason why someone would accidentally kill their own team.

How hard is it to understand it's a glitch? The reason why it's an accident is because ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN. It's something that occurs at random. Stop with the whole "exploit" crap. You would have probably been confused if this happened to you.

maxvegas
04-21-2010, 08:14 PM
big deal u died ... get over it

Zithorio
04-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Well if a dude starts killing you on purpose, it's obviously an exploit foo'(s)! Jeez.

Sorry to hear that dude, although it's somewhat funny to hear/read about. Sorry lol.

Can any class do it or just archers?

Zithorio
04-22-2010, 09:48 PM
How hard is it to understand it's a glitch? The reason why it's an accident is because ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN. It's something that occurs at random. Stop with the whole "exploit" crap. You would have probably been confused if this happened to you.

With your logic, walking through walls on PURPOSE is an ACCIDENT because it's a glitch. What?

Banned
04-22-2010, 09:56 PM
What I'm saying is that you can't kill a team mate on purpose. It's a accidental glitch and your being a priss about it. You got mad at the one guy that posted saying how the glitch happened to him because you can't accept dying. And the glitch has been fixed so you can crawl out of your corner and go back to playing.

Seraphine
04-22-2010, 10:49 PM
What I'm saying is that you can't kill a team mate on purpose. It's a accidental glitch and your being a priss about it. You got mad at the one guy that posted saying how the glitch happened to him because you can't accept dying. And the glitch has been fixed so you can crawl out of your corner and go back to playing.

The point of my post was that if you KNOW of a glitch (as you put it), and use it to your advantage, or to the disadvantage of others, ITS CALLED AN EXPLOIT. Im not saying he created the glitch, i was saying he exploited the glitch.

Splurd
04-23-2010, 12:06 AM
This should be fixed in the next content update.

Yeah, can we stop arguing over this issue?